Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly  (Read 81908 times)

Offline bonzer red

• Main Stander
Re: Spirit of Shankly Branches
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 09:11:17 am »
Northern Ireland? Would anyone be interested?

I'm in belfast fella so i would be up for it, have a good few mates who i could get on board as well
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”

Bill Shankly

Offline essex red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:18 am »
i'd also be interested in a london branch unless we can get an essex one going!
SOS Member 6347

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 09:59:56 am »
As their seems to be a lot of London reds on here, who are interested in joining the London SOS.
If you are interested in joining SOS london then you need to email Chris O'Dea - SOS@hixvil.co.uk.
With you SOS membership no.
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 10:10:34 am »
Okay, I'd previously said to SOS luminaries that I'd be happy to help out down here,  I work in the City, and live in North Kent.

Graham put me in touch with a lad from Surrey who is setting up a branch down there, but I thought we must be able to drum up something more centrally.

At this stage, very embryonic, just trying to gauge interest levels, here and on RAOTL - I don't go on any other forums, so feel free to spread the word.

Next step will be a meeting, probably in a pub in Central London, suggestions welcome - not on a power trip or anything, but I'll get some relevant info from Graham on constitution etc.

Ditto

Happy to help set something up in central london
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 10:33:38 am »

Any Irish members pm me so we can organise something

I'd be interested in doing this for Dublin

Email sent

Lads - probably don't have the personal time to set up in Dublin, but any help I can give you, let me know :)

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:58 am »

Lads - probably don't have the personal time to set up in Dublin, but any help I can give you, let me know :)
Here to help with anything you need too. Well in Tommy and Adam.

Offline nandos_bitch

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 12:12:08 pm »
would def join a belfast one

Offline Red Emperor

• Kopite
  • Always tries to see the upside
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 12:14:59 pm »
same here would join a belfast branch as well

Offline bonzer red

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 12:39:08 pm »
would def join a belfast one
same here would join a belfast branch as well

Right lads we could get this sorted, see if we can get numbers up for a belfast branch, if we don't have enough numbers and if possible join we could join with others thoughout NI and have a NI Branch, i have sent the guys an email to see if they have had any others from this neck of the woods wanting to set one up, when i hear back from them i will post again on this thread with hopefully so more info 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:57:13 pm by bonzer red »
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”

Bill Shankly

Offline crazy_daisy

• Main Stander
  • We are the only ones worthy of owning this club
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 01:00:47 pm »
we can open an eastern Europe branch of SoS too!
"What you achieve in life echoes in eternity."
"Dont argue with an idiot . He will just lower you to his level and beat you with experience"
"You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are."-Bill Shankly
BalKan REDS, Liverpool Pub, Bar, Montenegro 22-23may 2010
if you care,  OWN a SHARE, because WE ARE the CLUB

Offline Fester19

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 02:11:26 pm »
As their seems to be a lot of London reds on here, who are interested in joining the London SOS.
If you are interested in joining SOS london then you need to email Chris O'Dea - SOS@hixvil.co.uk.
With you SOS membership no.

Chris is setting something up in Surrey, not Central London - the point of my initial comment and RAOTL thread, was to see if there was critical mass for something in Central London as opposed to Sutton.

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 04:21:11 pm »
Ditto

Happy to help set something up in central london

I've just been in touch with Chris from Surrey who's taken the initiative to set up a branch. Although Chris is from Surrey, the original thought was that the branch would cover South-London/East Surrey. However, I've just been in touch with Chris and he now suggests the branch to cover London for the time being due to fairly limited interest so far. If at a later stage the number of members exceeds 100 members (current maximum) then a geographical split could be possible. I agree with Chris on this - at this stage I think it is more important to get one branch up and running properly rather than having several 'competing' ones in and around London...
East of Anfield - Proud Territory of the People's Republic of Liverpool!

Offline Fester19

• Main Stander
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 05:10:29 pm »

I've got no problem with that - it's not a case of competing branches - I was swapping e-mails with Chris yesterday, and he seemed adamant it was going to be in Sutton.

In the absence of anything else, I would have given that a whirl, off the beaten track though it is, BUT, thought I'd try and see if Central London would work better.  I've had a lot of interest on RAOTL and can drum up a few bodies myself.

Roy saw my thread on the RATTLE and started this, simple as that.

Upshot, working in the City and living in Kent, they are easier locales for me than Sutton.

Offline rtdh

• "Just call me daddy!"
  • Main Stander
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 06:03:16 pm »
Are there any members in the Warwick/Coventry/Leamington Spa/Stratford Upon AVon area who would be interested in joining a branch ? Just a bit of early research to see if there's any demand.

pm me !

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:06 pm »
Swedes - get your rumpar in gear and pull yer fingrar ut.

Send an email to joackimlundberg@hotmail.com , state where in Sveeden you are and what your SoS membership number is. If you are in Sveeden (irrespective of what nationality you are!), and are not yet in SoS then join NOW and then do the above (better still, let Jocke know you've joined).

I've lived here long enough to know how damned passive you lot can be, so break the mould and get active. Get involved. Help rescue the club you love. Or I'm coming after yers individually ;D

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 07:11:55 pm »
interested in the website branch - is this something other websites could copy?

is it internet specific or is it only a group of local lads that just happen to use the same website?

obviously the creation of 'virtual' branches i.e. branches which dont have to be at physical locations would be easier to 'organise' for some than trying to find 50 members who all live with an hour of each other - the practicalities of conference calls, virtual meeting rooms etc would need to be worked on but can't see anything in the regs to say you have to meet physically i.e. face to face.

one of the issues would be 'virtual' members at a distance out voting local lads and making them do a lot of the work - shop boycotts etc - so perhaps any virtual branch which ,may or may not have local members would need some sort of local liason officer assigned to ensure some type of balance.

anyway - any more detail on the web site branch?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Lfcruleus

• Boys Pen
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »
interested in the website branch - is this something other websites could copy?

is it internet specific or is it only a group of local lads that just happen to use the same website?

obviously the creation of 'virtual' branches i.e. branches which dont have to be at physical locations would be easier to 'organise' for some than trying to find 50 members who all live with an hour of each other - the practicalities of conference calls, virtual meeting rooms etc would need to be worked on but can't see anything in the regs to say you have to meet physically i.e. face to face.

one of the issues would be 'virtual' members at a distance out voting local lads and making them do a lot of the work - shop boycotts etc - so perhaps any virtual branch which ,may or may not have local members would need some sort of local liason officer assigned to ensure some type of balance.

anyway - any more detail on the web site branch?

We arent all local, the idea came through one guy and pulled us all together. We got our 50 and rising from all over the world and appraoched with the idea. Simple process and hopefully one where we can speak with one voice as it were.

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 09:15:01 pm »

We arent all local, the idea came through one guy and pulled us all together. We got our 50 and rising from all over the world and appraoched with the idea. Simple process and hopefully one where we can speak with one voice as it were.

Lfcruleus are you from the newly formed Poor Scouser Tommy branch mate ?

i believe reservations where held originally on  Internet Branches with the logistics of branch meetings for the members possibly being an issue ... but it was decided that such trivialities 'if' in the constitution could be overcome

we've opened the doors to everyone now so theres no going back

on one of Vulmeas points

we are very much trying to get away from any local / out of town discriminations/perceptions

Liverpool FC has always been very much global  and we're now very much well on our way down that road too     

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 09:38:39 pm »
I've just been in touch with Chris from Surrey who's taken the initiative to set up a branch. Although Chris is from Surrey, the original thought was that the branch would cover South-London/East Surrey. However, I've just been in touch with Chris and he now suggests the branch to cover London for the time being due to fairly limited interest so far. If at a later stage the number of members exceeds 100 members (current maximum) then a geographical split could be possible. I agree with Chris on this - at this stage I think it is more important to get one branch up and running properly rather than having several 'competing' ones in and around London...

Jan i dont want to take this off topic but can you try and knock some sense into some of them mugs at mine and your beloved LFC London to help with the Help save LFC by sending letters and emails. As some of them are rather thick and can only look on the bad side of life.
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »
I'm in belfast fella so i would be up for it, have a good few mates who i could get on board as well

I'm in Derry. Could get a few on board too.

Will we see if we can get this sorted?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:49 pm »
Are there any members in the Warwick/Coventry/Leamington Spa/Stratford Upon AVon area who would be interested in joining a branch ? Just a bit of early research to see if there's any demand.

pm me !

how about anyone in the East Midlands mind you i can get to Coventry in a hour from here in Nottingham!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jobby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2010, 10:08:31 pm »
Scotland anyone?

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:27 pm »
i am in scotland and can help if need be  ;D
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
    • http://helterskelter33.deviantart.com/
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2010, 10:34:24 pm »
I guess there are little chances for one in Germany?  :P

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38:17 pm »
I guess there are little chances for one in Germany?  :P
Plenty of reds connected to BMG - try it.

Offline AlanMc

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010, 10:49:00 pm »
I am a member of SOS living in Dublin and would definitely get involved in a branch if one is set up. My missus is from Derry so could help out if there is one set up there as Im in Derry quite a bit as well.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2010, 10:49:04 pm »
Live in North Kent and member of SOS. Would be interested in joining a local branch if one is set up to cover Kent or London.

Offline RomaRed

• Kemlynite
  • We always win in Rome
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2010, 10:49:35 pm »

Count me in for Rome. I emailed Tommy tonight, will do everything I can.

Paul

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2010, 11:14:09 pm »
Im very interested with regards to a Wales branch.
Email sent.

Good luck everyone.

Would probably be best to have 5 branches in Wales NE, NW, Mid, SE and SW. If there were people prepared to set them up
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
    • http://helterskelter33.deviantart.com/
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2010, 11:14:46 pm »
Plenty of reds connected to BMG - try it.

Yh mate thats true but I can't, for some reason, contact the 'German Reds' the only fan group I could find on the net.
Maybe I'll be lucky when we play Mönchengladbach in the pre-season friendly.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:00 pm »
Yh mate thats true but I can't, for some reason, contact the 'German Reds' the only fan group I could find on the net.
Heh - recruitment drive in Borussia then ;) Good call.....

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2010, 11:46:35 pm »

contact here mate

you may get some pointers off our overseas man

overseas@spiritofshankly.com

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2010, 11:49:15 pm »
This is good news. Spreading the word, and with the right people representing the SOS in different countries, can only help the fight and the cause.

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2010, 07:29:20 am »
This is good news. Spreading the word, and with the right people representing the SOS in different countries, can only help the fight and the cause.

this might be of assistance for our prospective Smoke Branches members and surrounding areas

the LFC supporters club down there, i believe is in the process of being contacted too

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=160591&start=45
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:33:22 am by Roy Bentham »

Offline bonzer red

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2010, 11:11:29 am »
I'm in Derry. Could get a few on board too.

Will we see if we can get this sorted?

I emailed Graham and he got back to me, he said that there where a few from NI who had emailed him, i gave him the go ahead to send my email address to the others, got a pm from a guy from tyrone who said that they are thinkin of setting up a tyrone / fermanagh branch but would go with the idea of setting up a single branch for NI if numbers where not that great, if you wanna pm me with your email i'll send you on anything i get from the other guys and we can look at which way we could go about this, a NI branch could be better numbers wise instead of local branches from different towns/ counties, arranging somewhere to meet could be a problem, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it

Bill Shankly

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2010, 11:35:35 am »
Any thoughts on the number of branches and location? Last thing a voluntary organisation needs is a difficult to manage network of branches when we have a great tool in the world wide web.

I know this is the traditional union approach but the SOS can maintain its core values whilst using modern technology to the full.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:55:23 am by BCCC »
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Redman76

• Kemlynite
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:51 am »
Anyone from South West of England?

I live in Somerset.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2010, 12:13:49 pm »
Any thoughts on the number of branches and location? Last thing a voluntary organisation needs is a difficult to manage network of branches when we have a great tool in the world wide web.

I know this is the traditional union approach but the SOS can maintain its core values whilst using modern technology to the full.

We'll use modern technology (email, website, conferencing when necessary). The aim is empowerment so local peole set up and manage their branch.

The Union can support through materials, involvement and visits.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2010, 12:27:03 pm »
Live in North Kent and member of SOS. Would be interested in joining a local branch if one is set up to cover Kent or London.

I'm the same as above... who do i speak to regarding this - finally feel like my hands could be untied and i can actually do something!!!
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline crazy_daisy

• Main Stander
  • We are the only ones worthy of owning this club
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2010, 02:26:59 pm »
We'll use modern technology (email, website, conferencing when necessary). The aim is empowerment so local peole set up and manage their branch.

The Union can support through materials, involvement and visits.

great, its especially important for us,(Balkans/sth eastern Europe)  situated 1000's of kilometers away from Anfield to have a local identity and to ensure supporters , potential fans, ex-pats, & visitors have a "home from home" where they get TRue info and not the media BS!
"What you achieve in life echoes in eternity."
"Dont argue with an idiot . He will just lower you to his level and beat you with experience"
"You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are."-Bill Shankly
BalKan REDS, Liverpool Pub, Bar, Montenegro 22-23may 2010
if you care,  OWN a SHARE, because WE ARE the CLUB