Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1065174 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #15520 on: April 13, 2021, 01:38:12 pm »
Frankfurt's Adi Hutter confirmed to take over from Marco Rose at Borussia Monchengladbach.

damn, poor old Frankfurt!

But a very good choice I reckon for Gladbach? Him or Glasner would have been a good choice.

I am already getting twitchy about what team is going to poach Bo Svensson at this point :lmao

I was reading today about the situation with Flick and Bayern, seems it still could be a possibility he’ll leave and take the Germany job. All is not rosy with him and Salihamidžić.

Don't really get it as it seems like a sideways move with very little to gain.I would see playing with Frankfurt in the CL next season and then maybe looking for a higher profile job as a better prospect than trying to get back into the CL with Mönchengladbach...

But Gladbach are a bigger club than Frankfurt, it’s all about the possibilities. It’d be like someone taking over Liverpool out of CL positions, rather than staying at Spurs in a CL position.

Also bit of turmoil at Frankfurt at the moment with Fredi Bobic going too.

And Gladbach do have one of the best sporting directors around.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:40:24 pm by Dim Glas »

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #15521 on: April 13, 2021, 01:45:26 pm »
Good move from them. They’re upgrading.

You're gonna be eating these words this time next year when Marco Rose has Dortmund top of the league.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15522 on: April 13, 2021, 01:46:54 pm »
You're gonna be eating these words this time next year when Marco Rose has Dortmund top of the league.

If Dortmund had Nagelsmann I’m not convinced they’d be top of the league, let alone Rose ;D

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #15523 on: April 13, 2021, 02:18:13 pm »
Don't really get it as it seems like a sideways move with very little to gain.I would see playing with Frankfurt in the CL next season and then maybe looking for a higher profile job as a better prospect than trying to get back into the CL with Mönchengladbach...

Financially a bigger club with a higher ceiling. If Frankfurt hold on to finish 4th, that’ll be a massive overachievement by them given the resources clubs like Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke (lol), Gladbach and to an extent Hertha have who will all finish below them. Think his release clause was 7.5m€ so they can’t complain to much I guess, be interesting to see who comes in.

This tweet made me laugh:

@sampsonmensah_
Replying to  @goal
This league looks more like a company with managers being promoted to different departments lol

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15524 on: April 13, 2021, 02:26:25 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me either if he had a very strong inkling that they lose Andre Silva and Evan N'Dicka in the summer. Gladbach are a bigger club historically and whilst they too might be in need of somewhat of a rebuild in the summer, at least Hutter will be starting fresh with some funds and capability to shape the squad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15525 on: April 13, 2021, 02:28:46 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me either if he had a very strong inkling that they lose Andre Silva and Evan N'Dicka in the summer. Gladbach are a bigger club historically and whilst they too might be in need of somewhat of a rebuild in the summer, at least Hutter will be starting fresh with some funds and capability to shape the squad.

I’d be amazed if Silva is still at Frankfurt next season.

The stability at Gladbach will be a pull too. Max Eberl has signed a new long term contract, and he’s one of the best sporting directors in the business. 

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #15526 on: April 13, 2021, 02:41:28 pm »
Surprising. I thought Hutter would stay for a CL season with Frankfurt, potentially landing a higher-profile job than Gladbach afterwards. Happy for BMG and I think Hutter would suit their squad. Plea would score for free under him.

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Frankfurt, a proper club. They need to make a shrewd appointment here and try to keep hold of at least some of their key players, or it will go bad for them next season.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #15527 on: April 13, 2021, 02:44:29 pm »

Plus Bruno Hubner is out the door in the summer as sporting director so who knows what team he would’ve had to work with come the start of 21/22. Best to leave when your stock is high.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #15528 on: April 13, 2021, 03:15:04 pm »
Financially a bigger club with a higher ceiling. If Frankfurt hold on to finish 4th, that’ll be a massive overachievement by them given the resources clubs like Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke (lol), Gladbach and to an extent Hertha have who will all finish below them. Think his release clause was 7.5m€ so they can’t complain to much I guess, be interesting to see who comes in.

This tweet made me laugh:

They were in 20th place in the most recent Deloitte "Money League" with only three German clubs ahead of them (Bayern, Schalke and Dortmund). They've increased their commercial revenue by 60 percent in five years. And they are ahead of Gladbach (24th). It's certainly not the be all and end all, but that's what I mean by saying Gladbach aren't miles ahead of them. Gladbach have been more consistent in terms of finishing near the top of the table, but the Bundesliga is much more competitive and clubs are more similar to each other than elsewhere if you take Bayern out of the equation. Frankfurt basically has it all, they just need to take advantage of it. They are in a big city with loads of money there, they have a similar size stadium compared to Gladbach and they have a very loyal fanbase. There's not that much money in the Bundesliga so a run in the CL can help establish yourself at the top end of the table. At the same time, if you fuck it up you'll drop further down faster than you can look...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15529 on: April 13, 2021, 03:19:01 pm »
But Frankfurt do have some issues coming up with Bobic and Hubner leaving - there is uncertainty. Gladbach don’t have these issues.

Adi Hütter didn’t have an easy ride at Frankfurt either - pretty sure he was close to getting sacked at one point. So it’s not like he’s leaving a really safe position. He will be leaving on a huge high though so long as they do qualify for CL. 

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15530 on: April 13, 2021, 03:53:18 pm »

˄
Kloppo and Ansgar Knauff - the latest youngster to make it to Dortmund’s first team, scored vs Stuttgart at the weekend, and played vs Man City in the CL last week.

7 years ago he was invited by Jürgen Klopp to trial for BVB’s U13’s after he won a player of the tournament award at a youth tournament Kloppo was at  ;D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15531 on: April 13, 2021, 04:09:33 pm »
And now news breaking that it looks like Ralf Rangnick will go to Frankfurt as sporting director and head coach...

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15532 on: April 13, 2021, 04:10:31 pm »
And now news breaking that it looks like Ralf Rangnick will go to Frankfurt as sporting director and head coach...

Crikey, that’s a heck of a move.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15533 on: April 13, 2021, 04:17:35 pm »
Poor Schalke.....  :P

Mad coaches merry-go-round at the moment in Buli.

At least its all good coaches though, if it was the prem, it’s be sodding Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce and Frank Lampard.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15534 on: April 13, 2021, 04:31:58 pm »
Poor Schalke.....  :P

Mad coaches merry-go-round at the moment in Buli.

At least its all good coaches though, if it was the prem, it’s be sodding Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce and Frank Lampard.

Rangnick drinks his wine by the glass, not the pint. Kopfmensch... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15535 on: April 13, 2021, 04:39:26 pm »
Looking at Schalke's fixtures, next 2 are away at Freiburg Saturday & at Arminia Bielefeld next Tuesday, lose those 2 & relegation will be confirmed
#Sausages

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15536 on: April 13, 2021, 11:10:52 pm »
Hansi Flick after the game tonight:

“I have a contract with Bayern, but I always think about what's going to happen next, how things will develop, whether everything is going well here - things like this. My family is behind me no matter what my decision is.”

Whereas Jürgen Klopp made it very very clear he wouldnt take the Germany job now, Hansi Flick is not making it clear. I’m kinda expecting him to leave at the end of the season now. Perfect situation for Germany, can just wait it out till the Euros are done.

And Lothar Matthäus has basically told Sky Germany tonight: "That was Hansi Flick's last Champions League game as coach of FC Bayern. He is first choice at the DFB to succeed Joachim Löw. He will accept the offer. in the summer.”
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:15:05 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #15537 on: April 14, 2021, 12:29:05 am »
Seems like everything falls into place. Flick joins the NT, and for Bayern it's the perfect time to go for Nagelsmann.

Very interesting to see Rangnick at Frankfurt. I love Hutter but Rangnick is someone who can transform a club entirely. He wouldn't have half the resources he had with RBL though, so it would be interesting to see how (and if) this project turns out.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #15538 on: April 14, 2021, 12:31:31 am »
Bayern need a freshen up of that sqad, be interesting to see who they get in.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15539 on: April 14, 2021, 02:38:27 am »
Bayern need a freshen up of that sqad, be interesting to see who they get in.

Not too much i don’t believe.

Going into next season they will only have 3 players over 30 - Neuer, Müller and Lewandowski. They have a decent age profile at the moment, with a lot of the team in its mid 20’s.

Upamecano also arriving of course, they are after Flo Neuhaus as well.

Then the likes of Boateng, Alaba, Martinez all likely going on contract expiry, they’ll be freshening up that way.

They do need a better striking option off the bench though!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15540 on: April 14, 2021, 10:00:12 am »
So Flick to the German national team, then Nagelsmann to Bayern and Marsch to Leipzig?

Not too much i don’t believe.

Going into next season they will only have 3 players over 30 - Neuer, Müller and Lewandowski. They have a decent age profile at the moment, with a lot of the team in its mid 20’s.

Upamecano also arriving of course, they are after Flo Neuhaus as well.

Then the likes of Boateng, Alaba, Martinez all likely going on contract expiry, they’ll be freshening up that way.

They do need a better striking option off the bench though!

I wonder if Bayern - under Nagelsmann - might look to bring Timo Werner back to the Bundesliga. Might be gettable if Chelsea decide to bring another striker in, although it does feel unlikely.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15541 on: April 14, 2021, 03:41:22 pm »
So Nagelsmann gets rid of Upemecano and will end up managing him again anyway.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15542 on: April 14, 2021, 03:44:39 pm »
So Nagelsmann gets rid of Upemecano and will end up managing him again anyway.
I don't think it's a case of Nagelsmann getting rid - clearly highly rates the guy. It's just he has that release clause kicking in, as with all RB players.

One of the main reason's you'd go for Nagelsmann as Bayern is to completely restructure the way you defend, with a higher line that utilises pressing midfielders to cover the gaps left by your full backs - Upamecano is schooled in this system and highly effective in it, as long as with age comes less mistakes.

Hernandez aside I don't see Bayern's other central defensive options handling such a stark change. Wouldn't surprise me to see him look to bring someone like Mukiele across too and move him central or place Pavard centrally with Mukiele as the full back.

Let's see if RB have release clauses for their coaches also.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15543 on: April 14, 2021, 04:27:51 pm »
Is the Bundesliga the only top 5 league now where if you're managing the biggest team in the league you'd want to move to the NT?  It sounds like he was going to get fired if he didn't leave anyway due to his issues with the Salihamidzic so maybe "choice" isn't an accurate description but it certainly is an odd situation.  I remember Low being sold as the brains behind Klinsman and now Flick will be sold as the same to Low.  Kind of funny how it just goes round and round.

Leipzig are saying Nagelsmann can't leave yet.  Normally you'd say that doesn't matter as German football is notorious for every club knowing their place on the food chain and how talent flows upwards but with Frankfurt fans questioning Hutter leaving for Monchengladbach and Watzke's recent comments is this finally changing?  I guess we'll see.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15544 on: April 14, 2021, 04:44:23 pm »
I don't think it's a case of Nagelsmann getting rid - clearly highly rates the guy. It's just he has that release clause kicking in, as with all RB players.

One of the main reason's you'd go for Nagelsmann as Bayern is to completely restructure the way you defend, with a higher line that utilises pressing midfielders to cover the gaps left by your full backs - Upamecano is schooled in this system and highly effective in it, as long as with age comes less mistakes.

Hernandez aside I don't see Bayern's other central defensive options handling such a stark change. Wouldn't surprise me to see him look to bring someone like Mukiele across too and move him central or place Pavard centrally with Mukiele as the full back.

Let's see if RB have release clauses for their coaches also.

Hernandez impressed me last night, and I’ve never been a fan of his - but so much because of his football, just cos of his excessive shithousery (not a surprise being an ex Simeone player!). But he looked really good last night.

I’m sure RB Leipzig will have a clause, it seems the done thing with coaches, Hütter had one as well I believe, as did Marco Rose.

Like BD mentioned above -Marsch to Leipzig is just logical at this point.

Flick leaving Bayern, as looks quite likely, won’t be a problem for Bayern, I doubt they are upset at the prospect. In fact like you say, it’d see a re-thinking of how they play.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15545 on: April 14, 2021, 04:51:56 pm »
Hasn't Bayern's problems in the league this year been due to their suicidally high line that they no longer have the legs for?  They still score tons of goals but their defense has just turned laughable at times in which a simple ball over the top gets at them.  Nagelsmann is going to change that even though he plays similarly? He does this rube goldberg crap for his attack but in defense they push way up just like Bayern.  You could watch the game against ManU where they gave up 5 and it wouldn't look out of place with any Bayern game where they drop points.  Seems strange to me to think that will change.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15546 on: April 14, 2021, 04:55:16 pm »
Dave, forgive my laziness but I did a fairly lengthy post a while back about how Bayern's asymmetrical attack patterns under Flick along with a semi-high line differ in structure to what Nagelsmann has done with his defence at Hoffenheim and evolved it at RB. I'm not going to go into such detail again but suffice to say there's significant differences - mainly based upon the way RB utilise their midfield to act as shields and play proper wing backs without wingers, whereas Bayern haven't defensive cover from wide midfield unless they play Muller, who in turn allows Kimmich to be more defensive.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:58:07 pm by Drinks Sangria »

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15547 on: April 14, 2021, 05:00:37 pm »
That's great.  I'd still say the only thing Nagelsmann would be fixing is using different players at Bayern that what is currently being used.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15548 on: April 14, 2021, 07:50:38 pm »
A sign that Hertha BSC might be starting to get their shit together. It’s now official that Fredi Bobic will be their new managing director from the summer.

He’s been instrumental in Eintrach Frankfurt’s success and growth over recent years.

https://twitter.com/HerthaBSC_EN/status/1382379885604319237?s=20

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15549 on: April 15, 2021, 10:52:15 am »
A sign that Hertha BSC might be starting to get their shit together. It’s now official that Fredi Bobic will be their new managing director from the summer.

He’s been instrumental in Eintrach Frankfurt’s success and growth over recent years.

https://twitter.com/HerthaBSC_EN/status/1382379885604319237?s=20
I wonder when the culture of ex players being DoFs will happen in England, seems they'd all rather be Managers when they hang the boots up here.

Being a DoF seems be better job security than a Manager.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15550 on: April 15, 2021, 11:07:33 am »
That's great.  I'd still say the only thing Nagelsmann would be fixing is using different players at Bayern that what is currently being used.
If we're to assume that he's going to transpose his way of thinking at Leipzig directly onto the Bayern team, they will be dramatically different structurally.

They will definitely need to sign a new right back and another central midfielder to make it work.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15551 on: April 15, 2021, 05:28:41 pm »
I wonder when the culture of ex players being DoFs will happen in England, seems they'd all rather be Managers when they hang the boots up here.

Being a DoF seems be better job security than a Manager.

I suppose with sporting directors not being so commonplace in england until recently it’ll take a while! Although the idea of some of the ex players here who go into coaching and who think themselves as experts when they are anything but, suddenly thinking they can recruit and run a football club’s staff is both amusing and frightening  ;D 

But yeah, when you look at Bundesliga club’s sporting directors, there are some very high profile ex players. The most high profile being Michael Zorc, Rudi Völler and Hasan Salihamidzic I would think!

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15552 on: April 15, 2021, 05:36:57 pm »
If we're to assume that he's going to transpose his way of thinking at Leipzig directly onto the Bayern team, they will be dramatically different structurally.

They will definitely need to sign a new right back and another central midfielder to make it work.

DS, forgive my laziness but I did a long post many, many pages ago that you should be completely aware of where I wondered at length whether Nagelsmann's would stop this Rube Goldberg type tactics if he had better talent. I'm not going to go into detail on this again but suffice to say I'd be pretty amazed if Nagelsmann sidelined Lewa just to orchestrate getting Alphonso Davies all alone in the box to shoot.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #15553 on: April 16, 2021, 08:04:27 am »

Hertha are down. The club has to go in self isolation for 14 days. Will have to play six matches in quick succession when they come back.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15554 on: April 16, 2021, 10:44:28 am »
DS, forgive my laziness but I did a long post many, many pages ago that you should be completely aware of where I wondered at length whether Nagelsmann's would stop this Rube Goldberg type tactics if he had better talent. I'm not going to go into detail on this again but suffice to say I'd be pretty amazed if Nagelsmann sidelined Lewa just to orchestrate getting Alphonso Davies all alone in the box to shoot.
I was suggesting for your reference if you were at all interested in seeing my view on a debate you were actively engaging in. If you don't want to utilise the search function, that's fine, but the sardonic and derisive response seems out of step with what I initially said - I wasn't trying to be derisive, just offering you some information you may have been interested in.

It seems you're not interested in it and we have very different views on Nagelsmann's abilities as a coach and his inventiveness and what I see as experimental but pioneering tactics. That's fine, just don't look to insult a poster who was just looking to offer you further information on a topic that you chose to be involved in. 

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15555 on: April 16, 2021, 06:14:07 pm »
I was suggesting for your reference if you were at all interested in seeing my view on a debate you were actively engaging in. If you don't want to utilise the search function, that's fine, but the sardonic and derisive response seems out of step with what I initially said - I wasn't trying to be derisive, just offering you some information you may have been interested in.

It seems you're not interested in it and we have very different views on Nagelsmann's abilities as a coach and his inventiveness and what I see as experimental but pioneering tactics. That's fine, just don't look to insult a poster who was just looking to offer you further information on a topic that you chose to be involved in.

It's an internet forum not a wikipedia page.  To think that posters should have complete awareness of other posters positions at all times or should use the search function first otherwise it's lazy might be somewhat crazy but maybe that's just me.   I've given my opinion on Nagelsmann multiple times in this thread, why didn't you use the search function?  I can guess the answer but lets hear it.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15556 on: April 16, 2021, 06:25:27 pm »
Hertha are down. The club has to go in self isolation for 14 days. Will have to play six matches in quick succession when they come back.

From a purely selfish point of view, I’m dissapointed that this means the game vs Mainz is postponed! Mainz are in a decent run of form, and getting a win vs Hertha would put them in a quite strong position. But now this could well break up the rhythm. But of course goes without saying in the non footballing sense, hopefully all is well with the Hertha players and staff.

you reckon Bayern would still go after Flo Neuheus if Nagelsmann goes there?

Not sure if he’d be a fit.

Anyway, big chance for Leipzig tonight to at least close the gap temporarily, they are home to Hoffenheim.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15557 on: April 16, 2021, 08:16:46 pm »
hoffenheim will be quite happy with that half, Leipzig not troubled them much at all yet, they need to really go up a gear or two 2nd half.

Konate playing in the middle of a back 3. Sometimes he looks so casual and relaxed he makes Virgil look panicked. Very comfortable ambling forward with the ball too, he doesn’t need an invitation.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15558 on: April 16, 2021, 09:26:34 pm »
And they thought it was 95th winner for Leipzig, after being awful for 94 minutes.

But wait, VAR..... it is handball, lol.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15559 on: April 17, 2021, 03:13:39 pm »
Pretty makeshift Bayern team and Wolfsburg have looked pretty poor.