Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5736211 times)

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Re: I like the fact you underestimate Arsenal this season!!
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2008, 12:54:11 am »
they are extremely talented you are right. but they don't have a big enough squad to win the league yet.

But they've got Wenger's Wonderkids coming through the ranks, and they'll soon pad out the squad.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline SupaDupaReds

• Anny Roader
  • Apna @ the game
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2008, 01:07:18 am »
stop it JL you hate arsenal.
---------------torres----------------
babel------------------------keane
---------------gerrard---------------
----------alonso----masch---------

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2008, 01:10:10 am »
But they've got Wenger's Wonderkids coming through the ranks, and they'll soon pad out the squad.

yeah the immaturity really shone through today. perhaps in a few years galles almunia sivestre clichy and sagna will learn how to defend. give them time. they're very inexperienced

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2008, 01:12:25 am »

Almost as much as I love fishing after they fuck up.

Give Wenger time, he'll come good.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2008, 02:17:10 am »
They'll be a very good team soon. People forget how young they are. It's a very young, inexperienced team. It's difficult to remember that when you look at the talent. There was always going to be a transition period to take into account when you consider their age. They're undoubtedly talented though, and when it comes together in a few years they'll more than likely sweep all that comes before them. In the mean time, they're an absolute joy to watch.
:lmao
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2008, 02:23:27 am »

I've always wondered why?

Not that I mind though, always entertaining.  ;D  I wish the OP would come back on here.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2008, 06:51:53 am »
yeah the immaturity really shone through today. perhaps in a few years galles almunia sivestre clichy and sagna will learn how to defend. give them time. they're very inexperienced

Why is the recently injured Sagna, Gallas and Silvestere being criticized? Clichy made an error yes but there is nothing the back four can do when your keeper is poor at long shots and a big game bottler

I've always wondered why?

secret love? :P

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2008, 06:58:39 am »
Arsenal and Fabergas :lmao
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2008, 07:02:42 am »
So, what actually happened in the last 2 minutes? Defence went to sleep?
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2008, 07:39:05 am »
Silvestere backed off but not sure in itself that was a problem, if he presses in then he lets someone in behind, Song should probably have been there to help out. Almunia out of position for 3rd goal, probably couldn't do much about the 4th.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2008, 08:43:02 am »
It's not hard to dislike Arsenal though is it.

The arrogance of the players is astounding when you take into account how little they have actually achieved in the game. It's like they have convinced themselves that they are a special team but they don't put the effort or commitment in to prove it. It's why I believe you lost 2 points last night. You would never see us with 5 minutes to go fucking about with the ball like your lot did and if we did lose possession Carragher, Masch or someone would be throwing their bodies on the line to defend the shots coming in. Who showed that desire for your lot last night?

Secondly there's Wenger, He very rarely gives any other team any credit when you lose and the c*nt is always making excuses - poor refereeing, overly physical teams, bad luck. Another of his favourites, and one he trotted out last night, is that it is a learning experience when you lose, as if that makes the defeat acceptable or something. WTF is that all about? It's like he expects your "kids" to graduate or something, it's not a school FFS. Yet he continually trots out the excuse just because he's got a few 20 year olds in the first team. You don't hear Southgate making these excuses and he's got the youngest first-team in the Prem. Arsene's also the worst loser going, just look at the spats he's had with Pardew and Jol.

But most importantly is the fucking fawning praise you recieve from the press. Fucking every time you score a goal it's the most glorious goal ever scored, but not only that, it was made extra especially glorious because it was scored apparently by pre-pubescents. The amount of times the media mention the words "magnificent" "potential" "young" "beautiful" when talking about your lot, tends to get on your tits as a neutral, especially considering you lose to virtually any team with a good defence and your team hasn't won anything for going on 4 years now.

Finally Adebayor dancing like a c*nt. I mean what a c*nt.

I must say though your fans are pretty good on the whole and I'm not just saying that cos I'm talking to a Gooner, but you seem to be pretty honest with yourselves. You can see where improvements need to be made and you can see through most of the bullshit Wenger comes out with.

All in my opinion like.

Edit: I thought MagicHat asked why JL disliked Arsenal so much, but looking again it was Manilla Kop.

So my post was actually directed at MagicHat as if he had asked the question and not at, as it would appear, my imaginary Gooner friend.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:00:07 am by Dodgydon »
It is most odd.

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2008, 08:55:25 am »

The arrogance of the players is astounding when you take into account how little they have actually achieved in the game. It's like they have convinced themselves that they are a special team but they don't put the effort or commitment in to prove it. It's why I believe you lost 2 points last night. You would never see us with 5 minutes to go fucking about with the ball like your lot did and if we did lose possession Carragher, Masch or someone would be throwing their bodies on the line to defend the shots coming in. Who showed that desire for your lot last night?

Secondly there's Wenger, He very rarely gives any other team any credit when you lose and the c*nt is always making excuses - poor refereeing, overly physical teams, bad luck. Another of his favourites, and one he trotted out last night, is that it is a learning experience when you lose, as if that makes the defeat acceptable or something. WTF is that all about? It's like he expects your "kids" to graduate or something. It's not a school. Yet he continually trots out the excuse just because he's got a few 20 year olds in the first team. You don't hear Southgate making these excuses and he's got the youngest first-team in the Prem. Arsene's also the worst loser going, just look at the spats he's had with Pardew and Jol.

But most importantly is the fucking fawning praise you recieve from the press. Fucking every time you score a goal it's the most glorious goal ever scored, but not only that it was made extra especially glorious because apparently it was scored by pre-pubescents. The amount of times the media mention the words "magnificent" "potential" "young" "beautiful" when talking about your lot, tends to get on your tits as a neutral, especially considering you lose to virtually any team with a good defence and your team hasn't won anything for going on 4 years now.

I must say though your fans are pretty good on the whole and I'm not just saying that cos I'm talking to a Gooner, but you seem to be pretty honest with yourselves. You can see where improvements need to be made and you can see through most of the bullshit Wenger comes out with.

All in my opinion like.

Edit: I thought MagicHat asked why JL disliked Arsenal so much, but looking again it was Manilla Kop.

So my post was actually directed at MagicHat as if he had asked the question and not at, as it would appear, my imaginary Gooner friend.

Ahh the classic rant followed by a small compliment to prompt a friendlier reply.  Brilliant Rawk posting mate. Brilliant!

Offline Benitez

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca caminarás sólo
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2008, 08:55:37 am »
They really need a better keeper, that ALmunia is shoite.

And Gallas as a captain, seriously, no.
"Stay humble. Work harder than the other team every game, and work harder in practice. Take nothing for granted, especially on a day like today. How could you? It’s a gift to be playing in this league, a gift to walk the planet. So you know what, leave it on the ice every single night and let the results take care of themselves"

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2008, 09:01:19 am »
Ahh the classic rant followed by a small compliment to prompt a friendlier reply.  Brilliant Rawk posting mate. Brilliant!

Well it's got to be done hasn't it.
It is most odd.

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2008, 09:05:00 am »
But honestly I was trying to emphasise that I dislike the club, not the fans.
It is most odd.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2008, 09:13:04 am »

;D  I should fish on this thread more often.  I'm still waiting for JL's reply too.
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2008, 09:18:49 am »
I understand why fans dislike the club at times, it isn't so much that. More making joke about Juan

As for your points

1) That is the way we play though, we always look for another goal. Against Chelsea last year, that same approach to going for goal rather then corner flag saw Cech make saves, Cashley clear off the line and us have two goals ruled out. That day it worked, last night it didn't because Almunia can't save long shots. We tend to try and play our way out of trouble, heck Hleb used to dribble inside our six yard box, not out of arrogance but we boot it and it comes back out us. We play it too feet and we can break. Course this leads to times when it comes back to haunt us but other days, it works.

Who showed desire? Almunia to single-handedly destroy us. Gallas, Silvestere, Clichy who kept going after the error, Cesc, Walcott, Nasri, Denilson, Diaby (too eager), Van Persie, Ade. They worked hard, it wasn't arrogance that cost us but poor keeping. Man U stuffing in Fa Cup, that game we didn't try with the exception of Gallas, Nic and Jens, this one we did.

2) He sometimes has fair complaints and he rarely criticizes his players as a policy but he does go too far sometimes, he should give more credit to the opposition.

3) You do see the criticism the press gives us? Yes they drool at our football but they slam into Gallas any chance they get (mind you the fans do that to him and Ade), they keep predicting 5th, come up with the old clichés about not liking it up em and encourage players to hack. When Arsene complained about a punch to Van Persie's stomach by Morgan, they lambasted Arsene and our wussy players for complaining about it, when Pederson tried to stamp on Cesc's neck, they called it fair. The old "Arsene hates the English" criticism has died down though since Walcott.

4) He has been cutting that out.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #297 on: October 30, 2008, 09:24:52 am »
Arsenal Ladies didn't do too well last night did they Cesc?
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2008, 09:27:57 am »
Well it's got to be done hasn't it.
Your right you have to or else you just come across like a wanker but it’s just funny that you can get away with saying pretty much anything about the club, players, manager by throwing in an obligatory compliment and it’s usually about how knowledgeable they are as fans so surely they must see your point.  It’s like some unwritten rawk rule of rant posting. 
For some reason today that post just made me laugh.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2008, 09:28:36 am »
Magichat,

I rate Arsene Wenger and believe he is a top manager but he could do with instilling some professionalism into Arsenal's play.  There IS too much arrogance about the players.  You see substitutes coming on laughing and smiling and giving high fives to team mates as if the job were already done.  What's with the lack of intelligence at the end of last night's match?  Why not just run it into the corner and keep possession?

For all their talent they do lack some of the basics.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2008, 09:32:05 am »
Arsenal Ladies didn't do too well last night did they Cesc?

well he only predicted that the Arsenal Ladies would gain a point...he wasn't that far off ;D

Regarding all this bullshit about how Arsenal play beatiful football and are a joy to watch....I don't see anything beatiful in making passes in the centre of midfield. Anyone can play the ball in midfield all game long. But do they try to break teams down constantly with this beatiful football? Not really imo....

We're playing much better football then them atm IMO.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:34:32 am by budew »

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2008, 09:33:11 am »
4) He has been cutting that out.

I just saw his little vaudeville dance routine with Van Persie after the 4th goal, that was highly annoying.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:01 am »
What's with the lack of intelligence at the end of last night's match?  Why not just run it into the corner and keep possession?

because we have never played that why and always go for goal as a tactic? One that has worked for us down the years?

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:59 am »
Who showed desire? Almunia to single-handedly destroy us.

That made me laugh.

As for the rest I suppose they're fair points to an extent, but I'm sticking to my bigotry thankyou very much.
It is most odd.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2008, 09:41:41 am »

Secondly there's Wenger, He very rarely gives any other team any credit when you lose and the c*nt is always making excuses - poor refereeing, overly physical teams, bad luck. Another of his favourites, and one he trotted out last night, is that it is a learning experience when you lose, as if that makes the defeat acceptable or something. WTF is that all about? It's like he expects your "kids" to graduate or something, it's not a school FFS. Yet he continually trots out the excuse just because he's got a few 20 year olds in the first team. You don't hear Southgate making these excuses and he's got the youngest first-team in the Prem. Arsene's also the worst loser going, just look at the spats he's had with Pardew and Jol.

But most importantly is the fucking fawning praise you recieve from the press. Fucking every time you score a goal it's the most glorious goal ever scored, but not only that, it was made extra especially glorious because it was scored apparently by pre-pubescents. The amount of times the media mention the words "magnificent" "potential" "young" "beautiful" when talking about your lot, tends to get on your tits as a neutral, especially considering you lose to virtually any team with a good defence and your team hasn't won anything for going on 4 years now.

All in my opinion like.

Don't forget Eboue...

How I'd love to see that little c*nt in pain!
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Benitez

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca caminarás sólo
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2008, 09:54:19 am »
because we have never played that why and always go for goal as a tactic? One that has worked for us down the years?

don't you think Wenger needs to adapt his tactics a bit then?

Cos if that is the case, it's surely a bit worrying that he either can't or won't make adjustments to his team's way of playing.

It's a pretty basic one that as well.
"Stay humble. Work harder than the other team every game, and work harder in practice. Take nothing for granted, especially on a day like today. How could you? It’s a gift to be playing in this league, a gift to walk the planet. So you know what, leave it on the ice every single night and let the results take care of themselves"

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:39 am »
Should Arsene change a tactic that has worked a lot because it didn't work once? Seems an overeaction.

Offline Benitez

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca caminarás sólo
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2008, 10:00:09 am »

shouldn't a manager of Wenger's experience be able to adapt to how a game is going?

He (and various players) threw away 2 points last night.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2008, 10:00:18 am »

All in my opinion like.

agree
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2008, 10:02:42 am »
IMO Arsenal's problem is a soft centre, a lack of leadership when they need it most.
At 4-2 last night, someone should have been barking the order to kill the game, make Spurs run about, and play simple possession football that counted down the clock.
It didn't happen and Spurs grabbed the unlikely lifeline.
For all their talent, and they have it in spades, Arsenal over the past 3 seasons have repeatedly demonstrated a similar weakness.
They play far too open and free when games need killed off.
Not ruthless enough

A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 30, 2008, 10:25:04 am »
Look at the teams Arsenal have played so far:

West Brom H
Fulham A
Newcastle H
Blackburn A
Bolton A
Hull H
Sunderland A
Everton H
West Ham A
Spurs H

Not exactly a back-breaking schedule is it? They've caught Hull in the middle of a good run, but got Spurs, Everton and Newcastle when they were not doing very well.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #311 on: October 30, 2008, 10:29:08 am »
this thread is getting as laughable as the "Spurs look good without Keane" thread

Arsene Wenger last night said his team deserved it because they played so well and created a lot.

How can you deserve to win when you concede 4 you tit.

He is deluded, sky agree with him, as do BBC and all the Arsenal fans, as long as they pass in nice triangles, score goals after a minimum of 5 passes with the last one being inside the box, everyone will spunk all over them wins or not, trophies or not

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2008, 10:35:13 am »
shouldn't a manager of Wenger's experience be able to adapt to how a game is going?

He (and various players) threw away 2 points last night.

No, Almunia threw away 2 points. Nobody else was guilty of three goals.

Had any of three passes found Ade, he was clear, we got 5-3 up and oh look, it is a great thing. However because Almunia can't remotely save long shots and Song, who should be defending better, didn't pressurise the shooter, it is 4-4 and suddenly we should have put 11 men behind the ball and there is no way any team sitting back and defending has ever conceded.

He is deluded, sky agree with him, as do BBC and all the Arsenal fans, as long as they pass in nice triangles, score goals after a minimum of 5 passes with the last one being inside the box, everyone will spunk all over them wins or not, trophies or not

and that post is just as deluded. No Arsenal fan is happy, for some reason Ade is getting stick, but Almunia's performance has infuriated many players and while our season isn't over, most arsenal fans I know were already pessimistic

Going through most of their forums our 6point gap is nothing apparently we will collapse and they will catch us.

what forums are you looking at? :o
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:37:31 am by MagicHat »

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:16 am »

Had any of three passes found Ade, he was clear, we got 5-3 up and oh look, it is a great thing. However because Almunia can't remotely save long shots and Song, who should be defending better, didn't pressurise the shooter, it is 4-4 and suddenly we should have put 11 men behind the ball and there is no way any team sitting back and defending has ever conceded.

you were 4-2 up in the last 5 minutes and through it away, you still had an attacking mentallity

maybe in hindsight had you just closed the game out how each of the teams in the top four do so well at, you would have won the game.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:20 am »
this thread is getting as laughable as the "Spurs look good without Keane" thread

Arsene Wenger last night said his team deserved it because they played so well and created a lot.

Wenger's comments.  Almost Houllier-esque?

"You have seen the game, I will leave you to judge," he said when asked whether he thought Tottenham had deserved a point. "We were closer to goal number five than we were to conceding [the third].

"I believe that we produced an excellent game, we were really outstanding. The positive side was that we were superior to Tottenham but the negative was that we didn't win.

"That was down to a lack of maturity but this isn't necessarily linked to experience. We were too cautious rather than scoring number five or six. The right pass would have seen us score. We weren't going forward with enough purpose and we were punished. We made some mistakes defensively, of course. All out title rivals won. With the game we produced tonight, we should have won, too."

Wenger acknowledged that he might have erred in substituting the outstanding Robin Van Persie and Theo Walcott, but he could not have envisaged the brutal sting in the tale.

"At 4-2, they had given up but we got them back into the game. Then at 4-3, they have nothing to lose. Instead of playing down the wings, we lost the ball in the middle. We had two opportunities to score a fifth but we didn't take our chances. With two minutes to go, there was no Harry Redknapp factor. It's very difficult to prove scientifically why that happened."

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:53 am »

Mate that's bollocks of the highest order.
It's the team's responsibility to kill a game, not a goalkeeper's.
Arsenal should have played simple controlled football in the last 5-10 minutes.
They failed to do so in all areas of the pitch.
Fuck all to do with Almunia being beaten by 2 excellent late shots.
Bentley's effort was just a once in a lifetime effort...unreal
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:40:31 am by Regi »
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2008, 10:38:25 am »

and that post is just as deluded. No Arsenal fan is happy, for some reason Ade is getting stick, but Almunia's performance has infuriated many players and while our season isn't over, most arsenal fans I know were already pessimistic

what forums are you looking at? :o
lol all of them just make sure you beat man utd next week  ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:43:43 am by slickman »

Offline Slave

• Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2008, 10:40:19 am »

It's not the first time though is it? He and others said the same after we beat them in the CL quarters.

Going through most of their forums our 6point gap is nothing apparently we will collapse and they will catch us

I don't blame them for that. We've said exactly the same on numerous occasions, just think back to around this time last year. I mean you've got to have a bit of optimism in your support, haven't you.
It is most odd.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2008, 10:41:21 am »
you were 4-2 up in the last 5 minutes and through it away, you still had an attacking mentallity

maybe in hindsight had you just closed the game out how each of the teams in the top four do so well at, you would have won the game.

and maybe Spurs, with so much of the ball, would have scored anyway? Maybe even gone for a 5th themselves? Maybe the ref wouldn't have given 4 minutes of injury time if we had gone for the defensive

Maybe last season we would have lost to Chelsea if we had sat back and defended but by playing on the counter attack, we stopped them going forward and if not for poor referring, would have won 3-0? Maybe against Bolton, we would have been aireally bombarded and lost that game if we sat back, instead we went for the throat and won 3-1

Mate that's bollocks of the highest order.
It's the team's responsibility to kill a game, not a goalkeeper's.
Arsenal should have played simple controlled football in the last 5-10 minutes.
They failed to do so in all areas of the pitch.
Fuck all to do with Almunia being beaten by 2 excellent shots

Three strays passes has nothing to do with Almunia throwing in two goals and being out of position at 4-2 up.

How come when Arsenal go well and break nobody complains but as soon as we dare attack and fail, it is suddenly the stupidest thing ever?

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2008, 10:43:43 am »
and maybe Spurs, with so much of the ball, would have scored anyway? Maybe even gone for a 5th themselves? Maybe the ref wouldn't have given 4 minutes of injury time if we had gone for the defensive

you were two goals up, you think that your defense cant defend without conceding 3 for 9 minutes

its not about shutting down completely and giving them the ball its about closing out a game.

but its ok, Wenger just has to mention a lack of maturity or that his kids are so young and he gets away with being tactically wrong.