Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1408699 times)

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #3320 on: January 29, 2019, 09:35:43 am »
How do you work that out? We play Bournemouth on the 9th so if as you say we both win all our games, On 10th Feb we'll be 1 ahead with a game in hand

Ah forgot about the Bournemouth game. Ignore me.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: January 29, 2019, 09:39:29 am »
Idk if that's true.

There was an article on the BBC titled something like "Anyone but Liverpool" - they interviewed a number of fans from neutral clubs asking who they wanted to win the league. I do not ever recall an "Anyone but Arsenal/Chelsea/City/Utd/Leicester" article.

There seems to be this widely held view that Liverpool fans will be insufferable if we win the league.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: January 29, 2019, 09:39:40 am »
If you go on to Bluemoon, they feel the country is against them as well. On Redcafe the country is against United, on Shedend they're against Chelsea.

It really has a lot more to do with who you support, than the country or the media.
Think there's a lot of truth to this. Although everyone's more against us us, obviously.  ;)

The only one of the top six teams that I feel get an easy ride from the media in particular, and maybe neutral fans as well, is Spurs. Suppose it's easy enough to see why - they play attractive footy, have a fair few English players (yay patriotism), have a relatively small wage and transfer bill (yay plucky underdogs) etc.

Still, fuck Spurs. I used to quite like them, now they just piss me off. Think it's mostlyy to do with the media hagiography really, which doesn't reflect well on me, I guess. Harry Kane, too. That man dives more than Salah, but it gets ignored because he's England's Brave golden boot-winning glorious Saint Harry. Danny Murphy defending his diving a few weeks ago really wound me up, especially seeing as the squint-featured Brexit goblin had a whinge at Salah for diving the very week after. Bollocks to that. By rights, Kane should have at least as much of a diving rep as Mo, but it all gets swept under the carpet because it simply wouldn't do to have England's lionhearted, decidedly Caucasian captain getting a name for falling over like one of them dirty foreigners.

Sorry, this was a bit off topic. I'm not having a great morning, and felt like a Spurs/Kane/Murphy rant. Feel better now.

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #3323 on: January 29, 2019, 09:49:42 am »
Think there's a lot of truth to this. Although everyone's more against us us, obviously.  ;)

The only one of the top six teams that I feel get an easy ride from the media in particular, and maybe neutral fans as well, is Spurs. Suppose it's easy enough to see why - they play attractive footy, have a fair few English players (yay patriotism), have a relatively small wage and transfer bill (yay plucky underdogs) etc.

Still, fuck Spurs. I used to quite like them, now they just piss me off. Think it's mostlyy to do with the media hagiography really, which doesn't reflect well on me, I guess. Harry Kane, too. That man dives more than Salah, but it gets ignored because he's England's Brave golden boot-winning glorious Saint Harry. Danny Murphy defending his diving a few weeks ago really wound me up, especially seeing as the squint-featured Brexit goblin had a whinge at Salah for diving the very week after. Bollocks to that. By rights, Kane should have at least as much of a diving rep as Mo, but it all gets swept under the carpet because it simply wouldn't do to have England's lionhearted, decidedly Caucasian captain getting a name for falling over like one of them dirty foreigners.

Sorry, this was a bit off topic. I'm not having a great morning, and felt like a Spurs/Kane/Murphy rant. Feel better now.
I for real went on their main forum (suggested by google), went to the main forum page and found a thread called "Media Bias" on the first page. Guess what it's about?  ;D

I'm a journalist so I take a special interest in this, I suppose. But basically, if a die hard Liverpool fan thinks that the media is not biased against Liverpool, the media probably isn't doing its job very well. It's the same in politics, the left thinks we're right wing and the right thinks we're left wing. If you're firmly in one camp, impartiality will come across as against you. It's human nature, perfectly fine, but completely invalid.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3324 on: January 29, 2019, 10:00:33 am »
For the sake of argument; if you're firm in the "don't care about City or what they do" camp, then maybe this thread isn't the right one for you?

It's tedious to see someone make a point for it only to be met with negativity. People enjoy title races differently, if you want to take it one game at a time ignoring City, there's a thread for the next match and it's not this one.
Don't care yes. I heard something about fixtures having been moved- their's and ours, but yeah.. don't care and I don't know which fixtures.
I'm just waiting for our next match and I'm not sure when that is.

EDIT: Oh- it's tomorrow! Greatt! :)
That's the effect of a "break" for you... no interest in Football!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:04:48 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3325 on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:29 am »

There seems to be this widely held view that Liverpool fans will be insufferable if we win the league.

Mate.

After all the shit I’ve taken my entire adult life, all the ‘slippy G’ bullshit, the piss taking when we’ve lost 2 European cup finals, mocking of Klopp for not winning a trophy. I can assure you, if we win the league this season the word ‘insufferable’ will not adequately describe how much of a c*nt I intend to be. You’d have to invent a whole new word, and I’d implore everyone else to do the same

Why should we be gracious in victory? Fuck that, let the c*nts have it.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3326 on: January 29, 2019, 10:07:17 am »
There was an article on the BBC titled something like "Anyone but Liverpool" - they interviewed a number of fans from neutral clubs asking who they wanted to win the league. I do not ever recall an "Anyone but Arsenal/Chelsea/City/Utd/Leicester" article.

Great! Let 'em squirm and God bless them too!
They call it the ABL movement or some bs like that.

They should be ashamed of themselves though and who they endorse, but yeah- I'm not interested in policing what others feel or do. As long as we end our drought and we can be THE hemorrhoid on everyone's arse! I really enjoy it when we're rubbing everyone up the wrong way.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:10:18 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3327 on: January 29, 2019, 10:36:26 am »
Idk if that's true. the hardcore fans of other clubs are for obvious reasons not so sure that's true of the average fan who isn't a United/City/Chelsea/Spurs supporter...

A lot of LFC fans seem to think the league / Sky / the media etc are against us or don't want us to win the title when the opposite is almost certainly true.
Liverpool winning the league or even being in contention at the end is huge for this league - we generate audiences and attention in excess of any club bar possibly United depending on how its measured - its in their interests for us to do well
There's an undercurrent of anti scouse in the country, look at the Everton fans getting abused against Milwall, the Tory feed the scousers chants, dippers, etc.

Everton wanting us to lose the league in understandable, united want their City rivals to win over us - strange but I can sort of understand the rest of the clubs should be all behind us.

It can create a siege mentality within our squad of us against the world which wouldn't be too bad.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: January 29, 2019, 10:40:39 am »
It is a bit mental how most of the country seems to be against us

Yet again I can only 'speak' from my own experience, but every non-Liverpool fan I know wants us to win the league. This includes a Man Utd fan and a Chelsea fan.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline 13th man

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3329 on: January 29, 2019, 10:42:48 am »
If you go on to Bluemoon, they feel the country is against them as well. On Redcafe the country is against United, on Shedend they're against Chelsea.

It really has a lot more to do with who you support, than the country or the media.

Nice try, if it was as simple as telling conspiracy theorists they are wrong  ;D
They'd much prefer to have something to complain about  :P
If you discovered your girlfriend didn't have a cock, would you ask her if you could sit on her big toe instead?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3330 on: January 29, 2019, 10:43:27 am »
Yet again I can only 'speak' from my own experience, but every non-Liverpool fan I know wants us to win the league. This includes a Man Utd fan and a Chelsea fan.
Don't know any Evertonians then?

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3331 on: January 29, 2019, 10:44:47 am »

Do the Manchester/London clubs have a song similar to "Feed the scousers"? that all fans of other clubs sing?

Offline Cheesehead

• What the hell is Brett Favrrrvre doing here?
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3332 on: January 29, 2019, 11:02:12 am »

I know loads of blues, I work in Manchester so loads of Man U there plus Bolton, forest, Newcastle. No blues want us to win it. Every Man U fan in work want city to win it. The Bolton and forest fans want man city to win it. Only the Newcastle fan wants us to win it.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3333 on: January 29, 2019, 11:13:35 am »
Does anyone know for certain if the Everton game is moving to midweek?

Really annoying if so  :no

Not really, Silva is under pressure at the moment he will not get a free pass for losing even their fans don't want us to win. As I said earlier, the extra 90mins regardless of whether City smash the BS or not will make it a little bit harder for them to take maximum points against Chelsea.

Flip the psychology, imagine if they drop points from the next few games, we will be ahead of them AND have 1 or (or maybe) 2 games in hand.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: January 29, 2019, 12:03:14 pm »
The irony of "anyone but the scouse" is that it's due to every other clubs fans singing about us for the last 30yrs that's kept us in the public eye.

They've absolutely loved taking the piss out of every loss, every player leaving, every failed signing, every disappointing season, every manager sacking, every UEFA fine, every failed attempt at justice that the fear of us winning stuff again is a terrifying thought.

Saying we will be insufferable if we win is nothing in comparison to how insufferable they've all been for far too long.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3335 on: January 29, 2019, 12:08:04 pm »
Mate.

After all the shit I’ve taken my entire adult life, all the ‘slippy G’ bullshit, the piss taking when we’ve lost 2 European cup finals, mocking of Klopp for not winning a trophy. I can assure you, if we win the league this season the word ‘insufferable’ will not adequately describe how much of a c*nt I intend to be. You’d have to invent a whole new word, and I’d implore everyone else to do the same

oh captain my captain

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3336 on: January 29, 2019, 12:23:25 pm »
Mate.

Correct. I'm going to be pissed for a week and fucking unbearable for months.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #3337 on: January 29, 2019, 12:48:11 pm »
Mate.

Same here.  Having grown up with all my mates supporting Utd, I for one plan on being the biggest prick imaginable if we do get over the line.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3338 on: January 29, 2019, 12:52:59 pm »
There's an undercurrent of anti scouse in the country, look at the Everton fans getting abused against Milwall, the Tory feed the scousers chants, dippers, etc.

Everton wanting us to lose the league in understandable, united want their City rivals to win over us - strange but I can sort of understand the rest of the clubs should be all behind us.

It can create a siege mentality within our squad of us against the world which wouldn't be too bad.

Chelsea 05 is a good example of that siege mentality and no one wanting them to win anything at all because of them waving £20 quid notes and plastic flags. Having an absolute c*nt of a manager added a certain level of twattishness as well
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #3339 on: January 29, 2019, 01:33:02 pm »
This media notion that we'll somehow be insufferable is a bit weird. Even the Guardian Football Weekly brought it up, claiming we'll be unbearable for months if we win. How will we be any different to City, Chelsea, United?!

For me, United fans are the most insufferable fans of them all. They're unreal. The most annoying, arrogant, spiteful, cringeworthy, deluded and entitled bunch of fuckers you'll ever have the displeasure of sharing a pub with, ever. And they'll happily admit this!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: January 29, 2019, 01:39:22 pm »
This media notion that we'll somehow be insufferable is a bit weird. Even the Guardian Football Weekly brought it up, claiming we'll be unbearable for months if we win. How will we be any different to City, Chelsea, United?!

Cos we haven't won it in 29 years! We will be insufferable, and we deserve to be  :D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:24 pm »

For me, United fans are the most insufferable fans of them all. They're unreal. The most annoying, arrogant, spiteful, cringeworthy, deluded and entitled bunch of fuckers you'll ever have the displeasure of sharing a pub with, ever. And they'll happily admit this!

Hated, adored, never ig... hang on!

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #3342 on: January 29, 2019, 03:49:15 pm »
Cos we haven't won it in 29 years! We will be insufferable, and we deserve to be  :D
yeah fuck it, they're scared im gonna be insufferable then insufferable i shall be. can't wait

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #3343 on: January 29, 2019, 04:52:16 pm »
We have been wiping our arses on man city all day in our house.

Thank you for the new signature.  ;D
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3344 on: January 29, 2019, 08:03:10 pm »
Well I'll be as insufferable as insufferable can get...all over the Algarve at the end of May  :hally :hally :hally

Mind the missus thinks I am now  ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3345 on: January 29, 2019, 08:44:06 pm »
Mate.

I'm glad you opened the bottle, I don't think I'll deliberately annoy people but I'd be so made up , I'll be intolerable!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: January 29, 2019, 08:45:52 pm »
The irony of "anyone but the scouse" is that it's due to every other clubs fans singing about us for the last 30yrs that's kept us in the public eye.

They've absolutely loved taking the piss out of every loss, every player leaving, every failed signing, every disappointing season, every manager sacking, every UEFA fine, every failed attempt at justice that the fear of us winning stuff again is a terrifying thought.

Saying we will be insufferable if we win is nothing in comparison to how insufferable they've all been for far too long.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quite. My advice to them is don't dish it out if you can't take it. Nothing we could do if we won the league would even come close to how insufferable they've been for 29 years.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: January 29, 2019, 09:14:21 pm »

This is true. I don't think we are hated more than any other club. Indeed a lot of neutrals want to see us do an oil club.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #3348 on: January 29, 2019, 09:25:30 pm »
Come on Geordies! Rondon equalises
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3349 on: January 29, 2019, 09:32:47 pm »
Come on Geordies! Rondon equalises

Getttiiiiinnnnn
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #3350 on: January 29, 2019, 09:38:56 pm »
2-1 Newcastle now 😀🧣
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: January 29, 2019, 09:39:13 pm »
Mate.

I believe that the word (or more accurately, the phrase) alrady exists, courtesy of Mr Ryan Reynolds......

Cock Juggling Thunderc*nt.

And IF the unmentionable should happen, you would be well within your rights - if fact, you would be REQUIRED - to live up to the title.  :D
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #3352 on: January 29, 2019, 09:46:32 pm »
Come on Rafa... Come on Newcastle...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3353 on: January 29, 2019, 09:47:36 pm »
This is fucking unbearable now.

2-1 to Rafa's Toon after 88 minutes, but I still fully expect Manchester City to somehow win in time added on.

Fuck me.... Just blow the fucking whistle already.

*** Edit ***

Shit.... 5 minutes added on.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:49:52 pm by Pie Eyed »
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3354 on: January 29, 2019, 09:51:00 pm »
Come on Rafa
#JFT97

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: January 29, 2019, 09:54:07 pm »
Rafa you hero!
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3356 on: January 29, 2019, 09:54:23 pm »
Get a point tomorrow and we open up the gap to 5 ;)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3357 on: January 29, 2019, 09:54:34 pm »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #3358 on: January 29, 2019, 09:54:52 pm »
I doubt it will be anything but an easy win for City there. If United beat them 2:0 there, I can't see why City won't do the same.
I'm sorry I ever doubted you my beautiful Spanish bear. Have my children Rafa
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3359 on: January 29, 2019, 09:54:54 pm »
Rafa Benitez YNWA