Author Topic: 1st Annual RAWK Anonymous UEFA Champions League Rules-Discussion & Poll Thread  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm ready Trend, GIVE ME AC MILAN!
Trendo numbnuts. Would actually love to see you get Milan. Gullit in defense? Lovely stuff. Classic sames

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So how do we decide who gets the player who's played for multiple teams? Appearances? trophies??

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is all over my head.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm sure Samie can explain

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've no idea what's happening mate.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I don't have a clue what's going on.

PM me when I have to do something please.  ;D

The best approach. One I’m taking too.

It also makes it hilarious when Trend gets annoyed when we finally catch up on what we have to do and ask him a load of questions.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trendo numbnuts. Would actually love to see you get Milan. Gullit in defense? Lovely stuff. Classic sames

You should know by now mate I don't like change. I'm comfortable with the lads I pick.  :D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've no idea what's happening mate.  ;D
Well now i am surprised..

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The best approach. One I’m taking too.

It also makes it hilarious when Trend gets annoyed when we finally catch up on what we have to do and ask him a load of questions.
:lmao that samie stuff the other night was classic.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You should know by now mate I don't like change. I'm comfortable with the lads I pick.  :D
Breitner didn't play for Milan. Giev Samie Eintracht Braunschweig!!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
:lmao that samie stuff the other night was classic.

Ended up on the naughty step...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
I'm ready Trend, GIVE ME AC MILAN!

Can I show you a few models we have on the lot?

The Milan Consortium - Streamline to Perfection  or Maybe you like the Real Deal of Madrid power underneath the hood
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck Madrid, GIVE ME Slivio Berlusconi's men.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So how do we decide who gets the player who's played for multiple teams? Appearances? trophies??

-  1 Club players like Maldini, Gerrard, Bergomi, Messi, Puyol etc.. are not eligible for Steals - they stay with their clubs. (That's those guys) -- so whatever team you get assigned know that your club's icon will probably stay

-  If 2 or more managers want the same player (then it goes to appearances for first claim, second and third choices).  If there is a tie in appearances like between Ajax and Liverpool for Suarez (then we'll go to a new rule I'll share when the draft starts)

My nerd list is on a previous page so you guys do not have to do as much work.

For now, I am working on visuals and organizing pieces so we may start the draw by Monday.

There will be three threads: 

1.  Trend's Draft Rules Thread (no posting in this one please, except me)

2.  Matches, Polls, and Subterfuge Thread (this is where points are earned --- no subterfuge points will be allowed unless they occur on this thread (this is the thread for the managers and players of the game)

3.  Lineups descriptions, other fun content, standings thread etc....

I will have something more by Saturday posted so you guys can prepare!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:30:47 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck Madrid, GIVE ME Slivio Berlusconi's men.

You have both AC Milan and Inter Milan if you draw this consortium.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Don't worry now.  By tonight, I'll list all of the consortiums choices for the 16 managers so you can see all of the options of teams.

All you have to do is build a team from one of these choices, and then you will be asked to pick another team not in the competition for your Europa squad.   

If you are stuck without ideas, I can help -- that's why I am here.  The rest of the rules for the process will be explained later.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:31:22 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You have both AC Milan and Inter Milan if you draw this consortium.
Mate you're basically talking to a wall. He's confused. Permanantly confused. Don't confuse him more!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
-  1 Club players like Maldini, Gerrard, Bergomi, Messi, Puyol etc.. are not eligible for Steals - they stay with their clubs. (That's those guys) -- so whatever team you get assigned know that your club's icon will probably stay

-  If 2 or more managers want the same player (then it goes to appearances for first claim, second and third choices).  If there is a tie in appearances like between Ajax and Liverpool for Suarez (then we'll go to a new rule I'll share when the draft starts)

My nerd list is on a previous page so you guys do not have to do as much work.
Okay cool. once there's a criteria and it doesnt render players void like wildcards

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Are we picking based on their time at the club, or their overall peak?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Surely it has to be just their time at the club.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lads, you are trying to build the best team possible to compete.  We are not limiting you in any way.

For example, I am not looking at Ronaldinho here in this tournament from any era - but the totality of his production and individual ability to help/hurt his team.

Appearances are used as a means to help decide who gets first choice.  That's it.   Not going to debate 1998 Ronaldinho at Gremio vs. later in his career stuff.  That is what the subterfuge board is for...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Okay cool. once there's a criteria and it doesnt render players void like wildcards

Correct.

I know most of you enjoyed the last one and would like to keep many of the same things because they are familiar.

However, there are subtle changes here that can be made to make most to all team have a really fun experience.

It means we might have some different rules, but the work will largely be the same but with much less restrictions lads. 

Its going to get easier not harder, except the rules will cause you to spend a little more time.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hey lads - this portion of the thread is about to go dead as I add three new ones.

Please pay particular attention to them - and post in the right thread please.

1.  Rules Thread (**** NO POSTING ****) Read Only RAWK UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE & EUROPA TOURNAMENT

*** If you have questions about the rules send them to me in a PM to Trendisdestiny

2.  Manager Page: Visuals, Matches, Voting, and Subterfuge Thread (SPAR)   

3.  Write-ups, Description of Tactics, Rankings, Results, and Standings Thread

Gonna be working on this all weekend lads
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 12:03:15 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
What's your PayPal pal?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What's your PayPal pal?

That's what she said?   

Me wife I mean :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
From here on out this discussion thread is not relevant

- Rules thread for Rules
- New discussions or questions are in the Manager thread
- there will be a third thread opened up for Lineups, write ups standings and rankings
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: