Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool  (Read 41820 times)

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:03 pm »
Controlled much of the second half, final third wasn’t great tho. This will improve in the coming games.... bring on palace.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:06 pm »
It’s like when he slid in ad followed through on Hendo. He caught Hendo and spent the next minute crying and rolling around

Yep. And then did his patented limp that does. when he got up.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:12 pm »
It’s like when he slid in ad followed through on Hendo. He caught Hendo and spent the next minute crying and rolling around

That incident really annoyed me, how come he wasn't given a yellow card especially considering Div was booked for next to nothing.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:13 pm »
1. Drew because we didn't have cover for Salah and Robertson - we've all said how lucky we've been with their lack of injuries. Frankly it's negligent not to have a pacy wide man to cover Salah/Mane. I said before the game I didn't know what the Mini love in was. Not his fault - looks a tricky player but we need a fucking wide man to cover Salah/Mane - why don't people get that?!
2. Trent's worst game for quite a while. Shite crossing, well off the pace. Surprising - you'd think a young lad like that would be one of the least affected by the break.
3. Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham and the players let him take everything. Fab's one free kick looked more dangerous. He should be on them in future. Trent needs binning on free kicks. 
4. The 20 minute breaks and 5 subs slowed it all down. They were there for the taking. About 1 decent shot is shite.
5. Keita looked good. 
6.We'd better be up for it next game.
We've been up for pretty much 90 percent of our matches in the last 2 years.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:15 pm »
Expected this kind of performance after that long of a break. Wouldn't jump to any conclusions out of it.

Except that Naby Keita is a great footballer and it's such a shame the amount of injuries he keeps getting.

5 points left.
This is the thing. Yesterday we needed 6 points, now we need 5, regardless of what City do. We’re going to win the league and this is, if not a step forward, a stumble towards the title.

Closer today than yesterday.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:40 pm »
Carra trying to rewrite history and pretend he never used to take the piss out of Calvert
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:43 pm »
Expected this kind of performance after that long of a break. Wouldn't jump to any conclusions out of it.

Except that Naby Keita is a great footballer and it's such a shame the amount of injuries he keeps getting.

5 points left.

The thing is, the game would have probably gone exactly the same way if the game was played when it was meant to. The last few there have been real stinkers.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2020, 09:10:20 pm »
Essentially played out like a pre season game, much like the rest of the games this week.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2020, 09:10:42 pm »
We probably need that - we do tend to struggle when the opposition really doesn't want to play football.

We are playing Crystal Palace managed by Roy Hodgson. They won't want to play football.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:03 pm »
Sky actually saying Everton should have won that?
Saying they created more?
Why because they had one chance, created from an offside that was then played on and we give the ball away. Or a corner that he was never going to get on target as he was so outside the frame of the goal.

I know if was a dull game and there was very little clear cut but hitting the post doesn't mean you deserved to win?
What about Matip missed header, Firmino not passing when Keita is in. Trent free kick flicking of the Everton wall. Pickford tipping over the bar from Fab?

My take:
A dull game with few chances for either side. Everton ground out a draw.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:09 pm »
It’s a shame that game as first up. Too rusty to put in a strong performance. Give it three or four games.

City will be where we need a big performance (assuming we haven't won it by then).

But with their squad 5 subs benefits them and added to the extra game they've had.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:10 pm »
Dropped 7 points this season.

SEVEN!

WOW.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:16 pm »
We are playing Crystal Palace managed by Roy Hodgson. They won't want to play football.

Yes they will, and they nearly always do against us.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:31 pm »
Can we still win it on Wednesday of City draw tommorow?

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:33 pm »
The thing is, the game would have probably gone exactly the same way if the game was played when it was meant to. The last few there have been real stinkers.

True, it doesn't matter though, we have this title in the bag.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:47 pm »
We've been up for pretty much 90 percent of our matches in the last 2 years.
Yeah... but apart from that ?

Some people really pissing their pants after an away draw in a derby after three months off. Personally I’m happy with a draw.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:54 pm »
I shouldn't get wound up by that prick Tyler but when he said Jurgen was subdued because he didn't have a crowd to play up to. I nearly put my back out reaching for the mute button. What a boring, snide shit.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:17 pm »
Sky actually saying Everton should have won that?
Saying they created more?
Why because they had one chance, created from an offside that was then played on and we give the ball away. Or a corner that he was never going to get on target as he was so outside the frame of the goal.

I know if was a dull game and there was very little clear cut but hitting the post doesn't mean you deserved to win?
What about Matip missed header, Firmino not passing when Keita is in. Trent free kick flicking of the Everton wall. Pickford tipping over the bar from Fab?

My take:
A dull game with few chances for either side. Everton ground out a draw.
They had all the better chances. Didn’t deserve to win it on balance of play but football is all about who can put the ball in the back of the net and they had at least four decent chances.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:22 pm »
City will be where we need a big performance (assuming we haven't won it by then).

But with their squad 5 subs benefits them and added to the extra game they've had.
The five sub thing is possibly a limited benefit. Don’t think subbing half a team is the key to a successful performance.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:25 pm »
Very underwhelming after looking forward to seeing the reds play again for the last 3 months!

They looked rusty which is understandable and the pace of the game is dreadful right now.

If Everton were brave enough to play at all we’d have taken them there.

Never mind on to Wednesday
YNWA - JFT97

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:38 pm »

I agree. We would have been quite happy with a draw on the original date (Monday 16th March) so we have to be this evening too. It was a pretty ugly match to watch but we didn't lose it and that is a big bonus as we move one step closer to our target. The team can only improve on this evening's showing and I am sure it will.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:46 pm »
Poor, poor game and we didn't deserve to win that. The lack of match fitness showed withering too many loose touches and lack of a final ball.

I think we missed a trick to get Salah on when Matip went off. Fabinho or Gomez could've easily covered and Ox at the end showed why he is better in the middle with that nice run at the end.

I can only assume Salah was just not fit enough unless that was a disaster.

In the end, it's 1 point closer to the end. Now we need to recover well and get ready for Palace now.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:56 pm »

Yes mate we can. We need 5 if City win every game
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:10 pm »

5 points left.

We do seem to struggle with long lay offs more than other teams. I suspect its due to the intensity with which we play. Wouldn't surprise me if our next couple of games have similar performances with draws or unconvincing wins. We will still win the league but I doubt it will be simple as most thought

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:16 pm »
What a shit match that was, too many sideways passes by us, why didn't Mo get on as sub?

Either he’s not fit and was never going to come on, or we had to use that last sub when Matip went off. Pretty unfortunate we had to ‘waste’ two subs on enforced defensive changes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:18 pm »

Yeah, we can win the league in three days

But let’s rein it in for now, there’s moaning about not signing a player to be had
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:27 pm »

Yes they’ve had an extra game, but they also have one day less break after a trip to Stamford Bridge than we do after a game at home to Palace so let’s not play too hard done by there...

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:29 pm »

Yep.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:33 pm »
I shouldn't get wound up by that prick Tyler but when he said Jurgen was subdued because he didn't have a crowd to play up to. I nearly put my back out reaching for the mute button. What a boring, snide shit.

Snide shit nicely sums up Tyler and all his sidekicks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:41 pm »
1. Drew because we didn't have cover for Salah and Robertson - we've all said how lucky we've been with their lack of injuries. Frankly it's negligent not to have a pacy wide man to cover Salah/Mane. I said before the game I didn't know what the Mini love in was. Not his fault - looks a tricky player but we need a fucking wide man to cover Salah/Mane - why don't people get that?!
2. Trent's worst game for quite a while. Shite crossing, well off the pace. Surprising - you'd think a young lad like that would be one of the least affected by the break.
3. Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham and the players let him take everything. Fab's one free kick looked more dangerous. He should be on them in future. Trent needs binning on free kicks. 
4. The 20 minute breaks and 5 subs slowed it all down. They were there for the taking. About 1 decent shot is shite.
5. Keita looked good. 
Sheesh...tough crowd.

Dropped 7 points. That’s it.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:57 pm »
He let them get away with a lot of fouls on mane in particular and also give richarlison a lot of his dives, but when Mane when down close to the area, the commentators were saying no foul and I didnt think it was but when we saw the slow mo it was and he was right.... so I guess what I am saying is that he got one thing right!
Probably coughed into the whistle and didn't want to admit it 😁

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2020, 09:14:12 pm »
Our full backs and three attackers do most of our attacking work so missing two of them and then Firmino going off with 30 minutes left meant we were always going to struggle. Only issue is we dont have any reliable alternatives.

We never get our best team out against these either. This season we had the kids in the cup and the second string in the league at Anfield but still won. Last season at Goodison we were missing Firmino, the year before we had the second team out because of the CL.

They should be embarrassed they haven't beat us in any of these games.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2020, 09:14:19 pm »

It’s like playing against a brick wall. They’re absolutely shit scared to step out of their half, and so this turgid shite is what we’re served every time.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2020, 09:14:23 pm »
5. Keita looked good. 

You're a barrel of laughs.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2020, 09:14:35 pm »
Yeah, we can win the league in three days

But let’s rein it in for now, there’s moaning about not signing a player to be had
Ta mate

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2020, 09:15:51 pm »
1 point closer to the title. So thats positive.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2020, 09:16:02 pm »
Yes mate we can. We need 5 if City win every game

Or we’ll win it if we draw our next two. Get them in singles. :D

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #317 on: June 21, 2020, 09:16:47 pm »
Big point, we were rusty, to be expected. We will have this wrapped up in a week.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2020, 09:17:23 pm »
Thought it was quite positive. Got a bit nervy for a while there after Matip's injury, but we were by far the best (and probably only) team on the pitch. I think we are going to play it smart and not go at 100% intensity after such a long break. It was a tricky fixture and we got a little bit closer to our goal.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2020, 09:17:38 pm »
Or we’ll win it if we draw our next two. Get them in singles. :D
Little prod to mid off, then tucked away to third man...job done.