Author Topic: Space exploration thread - Unexpected Rapid Disassembly in the launch area.  (Read 313341 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Space exploration thread
« Reply #2760 on: March 30, 2021, 01:55:23 pm »
SpaceX stream is about to start, launch very soon!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2761 on: March 30, 2021, 01:56:56 pm »
Just over 3 minutes to launch!!

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2762 on: March 30, 2021, 01:59:25 pm »
T-1 minute

Can't see a thing ;D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2763 on: March 30, 2021, 02:02:36 pm »
They've launched, first raptor about to be shut down

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2764 on: March 30, 2021, 02:05:10 pm »
Video connection down, all engines have been shut down, currently belly flopping back down

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2765 on: March 30, 2021, 02:06:52 pm »
Landing went boom :(

RIP SN11

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2766 on: March 30, 2021, 02:31:51 pm »
That went very very wrong
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2767 on: March 30, 2021, 02:33:33 pm »
"At least the crater is in the right place"

Musk on Twitter ;D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2768 on: March 30, 2021, 02:40:51 pm »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1376891464333017090?s=20

More from Musk

Next launch will be either SN15 or Super Heavy BN1

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2769 on: March 30, 2021, 09:12:51 pm »
So BN1 won't be the next launch, it'll be SN15. Musk saying BN1 was just being built to learn the manufacturing process. BN2 may fly at the end of April

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2770 on: March 31, 2021, 10:23:08 am »

;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2771 on: March 31, 2021, 01:55:57 pm »
So BN1 won't be the next launch, it'll be SN15. Musk saying BN1 was just being built to learn the manufacturing process. BN2 may fly at the end of April

Where are SN12, 13 and 14?

They seem to be having some trouble nailing down the problems with getting SN down safely. I'm assuming they'll launch BN1 on its own, rather than with an SN attached? Just pop a nosecone on it?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2772 on: March 31, 2021, 02:04:55 pm »
SN12, 13 and 14 have been scrapped due to the major upgrades SN15 has so they're jumping straight to that. BN1 isn't being launched.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: March 31, 2021, 05:09:28 pm »
Yeah BN1 is just a proof of concept
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2774 on: March 31, 2021, 06:25:57 pm »
My bad, I meant BN 2

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2775 on: March 31, 2021, 10:50:46 pm »
https://youtu.be/MoEv0dkWlvA

Scott Manley's take on things

My bad, I meant BN 2

Yeah I think that's the plan mate

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2776 on: April 5, 2021, 12:23:31 pm »
Been watching the ISS relocation of the Dragon module live from Nasa. Fascinating stuff.

Not sure if it's as busy as that all the time, but there are loads of missions in the weeks ahead.

Another step along the way of making Space Exploration and leaving/entering Earth a more routine event.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: April 5, 2021, 12:53:45 pm »
SN 11 had a methane leak which caused a fire which lead to engine failure...

SN15 due to roll out soon, let’s hope they’ve fixed it!
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2778 on: April 5, 2021, 03:04:35 pm »
Raptor reliability is what is really holding back the programme at the moment. Really hope they get it sorted for SN15 and onwards.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2779 on: April 5, 2021, 03:10:47 pm »
Lots of changes for SN15, so let’s hope so

Some of these are to do with the engines
« Last Edit: April 5, 2021, 03:13:42 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2780 on: April 5, 2021, 03:15:36 pm »
Yeah someone tweeted something showing the new engines and Elon replied with "New and improved!"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2781 on: April 7, 2021, 05:42:10 pm »
SN15 rolling out tomorrow
W

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2782 on: April 12, 2021, 12:01:30 pm »
Are they flying that "get to the Chopperrrrrrr" around Mars today?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2783 on: April 12, 2021, 12:09:22 pm »
Was due to fly yesterday but they had some issues, won't be until Wednesday at the earliest now

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2784 on: April 12, 2021, 06:58:08 pm »
Are they flying that "get to the Chopperrrrrrr" around Mars today?
Thought it was scheduled for today, I’m enjoying the wine country whether it flies or not. :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2785 on: April 14, 2021, 05:37:39 pm »
New shepherd on the pad today...

I’m not going to lie, they’ve made it look like a vibrator
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2786 on: April 14, 2021, 05:39:18 pm »

Don't know what you mean mate ;)

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2787 on: April 15, 2021, 06:21:38 am »
The Mars helicopter won't fly before next week, I think.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2788 on: April 15, 2021, 07:14:31 pm »
Musk saying they're aiming to launch SN15 next week

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2789 on: April 15, 2021, 07:30:42 pm »

Don't know what you mean mate ;)

Blue tickler?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2790 on: April 16, 2021, 06:34:48 pm »
Sounds like starship is going to be NASAs lunar lander
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2791 on: April 16, 2021, 10:52:32 pm »
That's a big vote of confidence in the Starship programme!

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2792 on: April 17, 2021, 05:55:33 am »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: April 17, 2021, 08:46:55 am »
I am now even more confused as to what SLS is for..
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2794 on: April 17, 2021, 10:41:21 am »
Yeah same thoughts as me Tepid. If SpaceX is going to use Super Heavy to launch Starship it makes SLS completely redundant.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: April 17, 2021, 01:55:08 pm »
I am now even more confused as to what SLS is for..

SLS is to give work in the industry in certain states for certain senators.

The problem with NASA is that it has to justify its budget, expenses, etc.  SpaceX only answers to Elon, so he can be pretty much as reckless and experimental as he wants to be.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2796 on: April 17, 2021, 06:24:20 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mvKrwSNy69Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mvKrwSNy69Q</a>
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2797 on: April 17, 2021, 06:48:00 pm »
Looks more like fossilised tree roots to me.  Which would likely be far more Earth-shattering than gold lying around.

Most likely it's just a product of the camera filters.  The cameras aren't designed to show Mars as the human eye would see it, but to maximise scientific data content.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2798 on: April 17, 2021, 07:23:58 pm »
All that glistens is not gold.
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2799 on: April 17, 2021, 07:26:08 pm »
If it was gold it won't take a decade or so to land humans there, we'll be mining that in a few years