Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12264235 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101400 on: February 22, 2020, 10:37:13 am »
How does Hardy look to you Jill? Like a potential squad player or is he filler?

To be honest, I've not watched the under 23's much recently. From what I have seen of Hardy he's got bags of potential and he's a great finisher, his heading especially looks really strong. He plays facing goal and has great composure especially one against one. He is someone worth watching that's for sure.

Just a reminder for those interested, the under 18's are playing City this morning, the game is on LFC TV Go from 10.55.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:39:13 am by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #101401 on: February 22, 2020, 10:56:38 am »
To be honest, I've not watched the under 23's much recently. From what I have seen of Hardy he's got bags of potential and he's a great finisher, his heading especially looks really strong. He plays facing goal and has great composure especially one against one. He is someone worth watching that's for sure.

Just a reminder for those interested, the under 18's are playing City this morning, the game is on LFC TV Go from 10.55.

Agree what you said about Hardy. He was a 1 in 2 for Brentford reserves and proving that here. He certainly knows where the goal is.

He joined Brentford from Man City and we wanted to sign him in the summer. He could be a late bloomer as we have targeted this signing and we could of signed many other youth forwards.

I like him. Good signing.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101402 on: February 22, 2020, 11:02:16 am »
Hardy is 100% squad filler for the youth teams in the way christie-davies, juanma, etc were. Imagine he gets a loan at some point in the next 18 months and see what happens from there for his career.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101403 on: February 22, 2020, 11:02:26 am »
Agree what you said about Hardy. He was a 1 in 2 for Brentford reserves and proving that here. He certainly knows where the goal is.

He joined Brentford from Man City and we wanted to sign him in the summer. He could be a late bloomer as we have targeted this signing and we could of signed many other youth forwards.

I like him. Good signing.

Definitely a good signing.

A big game for the under 18's today, they are six points behind City in the league with two games in hand. Sadly Layton Stewart has picked up an injury so is missing, which means O'Rourke is up front on his own today. It's going to be a testing game for the youngsters.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101404 on: February 22, 2020, 11:31:41 am »
Looks like we're losing 1-0 no idea who scored just had a quick look whilst on my break.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101405 on: February 22, 2020, 11:37:27 am »
Looks like we're losing 1-0 no idea who scored just had a quick look whilst on my break.

2-0 now, no luck in this game at all. We equalised initially but was disallowed for a "handball" and they've just sneaked another goal now. We have played a lot of good stuff during the game, but not managed to finish anything. No Layton Stewart has been a sickner for us.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101406 on: February 22, 2020, 11:52:08 am »

Delap scored the first. Basically ran in a straight line on a counter amd was to quick/strong for our defence

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101407 on: February 22, 2020, 11:53:40 am »
Delap scored the first. Basically ran in a straight line on a counter amd was to quick/strong for our defence

While it was a smooth finish, he'd drive me mad as he just runs with his head down. The other thing I would say is our players always seem a lot smaller in comparison to City's ones who always appear to be taller or a bit more baulk. We've had our moments in this game though, just not the luck when we've needed it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:55:44 am by jillc »

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101408 on: February 22, 2020, 12:48:26 pm »

Thanks Jill

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #101409 on: February 22, 2020, 12:56:37 pm »
FT

LFC 2-4 Man city.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101410 on: February 22, 2020, 01:36:07 pm »
It was a mighty effort all in all, I still feel if Stewart had been available we could have poached more goals. Though City had other chances too. I hate the way they mirror their own first team especially when trying to influence officials. There were two incidents in the second half when one of their players put in a really nasty foul on Norris I think it was. The City player rightly got a booking for it. Then when Delap was on a run and basically one of ours took him out, which led to another yellow card (no complaint there). But the way the City players moved in and started to influence the ref insisting it was a red instead was sickening. The original foul by the City player was a worse one anyway. We still have a two game advantage, but hoping that Layton is back soon.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #101411 on: February 23, 2020, 10:45:58 am »
Anyone have the video for the van den berg goal??? Heard it was a belter!

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101412 on: February 24, 2020, 01:01:04 pm »
Anyone have the video for the van den berg goal??? Heard it was a belter!
It’s on the LFC website, under matches.  The 10 min highlight is embedded in the report of the match.  No, I don’t think it was a belter, just a good interception of a goalie’s poor punch, and a strike back though a crowded area but not from far out.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101413 on: February 24, 2020, 01:10:31 pm »
U23s playing their PL Cup game against Sunderland this afternoon.

Coverage starts at 2.10pm on lfctv and lfctvgo though it's only the single camera jobby.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101414 on: February 24, 2020, 02:37:06 pm »
1-0 up Millar the scorer but we're battering them so could easily be 3 or 4 more.

Joe Hardy almost scored whilst sat on his backside after slipping but it landed on top of the nets.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #101415 on: February 24, 2020, 02:44:36 pm »
Having to watch with the mute button on - I’m afraid Steve Hunter’s combination of verbal diarrhoea and ott hype does my head in. Wind spoiling the game yet again👎
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
« Reply #101416 on: February 24, 2020, 02:53:22 pm »
Good to see Adam Lewis getting a game in midfield. Sprayed a few nice passes so far.

Jones absolutely toying with them, as per.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101417 on: February 24, 2020, 03:48:17 pm »
Knows where the goal is does Joe Hardy.  That's 2 for him now.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #101418 on: February 24, 2020, 04:13:04 pm »
6-0.....hat trick for Curtis Jones!!

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #101419 on: February 24, 2020, 04:16:33 pm »
6-0.....hat trick for Curtis Jones!!

Good wasn’t it? Curtis Jones must surely take Lallana’s place in the first team squad next season - he’s got all the tools (including two-footedness), and he’s not exactly short of confidence 🤗
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101420 on: February 24, 2020, 04:17:00 pm »
Curtis Jones is a very special player.

I'll be shocked if he isnt a big player for us in 2-3 years

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101421 on: February 24, 2020, 04:35:39 pm »
Curtis Jones is a very special player.

I'll be shocked if he isnt a big player for us in 2-3 years

He'll certainly get every opportunity to do so.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101422 on: February 24, 2020, 04:57:51 pm »
He'll certainly get every opportunity to do so.
Depends on our transfer activity if they're going to be here

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101423 on: February 24, 2020, 05:04:30 pm »
Well I go out with the dogs thinking it's all over at 3-0 and we go and get 3 more [emoji2356]

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101424 on: February 24, 2020, 05:07:46 pm »
Depends on our transfer activity if they're going to be here

There are no reasons to think he won’t get more opportunities this season.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101425 on: February 24, 2020, 05:13:20 pm »
It'd be pretty poor if we cant get him gametime at least in dead rubber league games this season, but long term chances here aren't going to depend on that.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #101426 on: February 24, 2020, 05:26:55 pm »

I'd like to think there's a good chance of League winners medal for him, how many league appearances has he made? 2? I would expect a fair few cameos from him as the season winds down.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101427 on: February 24, 2020, 05:36:52 pm »
It'd be pretty poor if we cant get him gametime at least in dead rubber league games this season, but long term chances here aren't going to depend on that.

I'm pretty sure first off, he will want the title officially won. Then after that I would expect him to rotate in some of those games against the lower opposition, maybe Curtis can get a game there. I would be surprised if he's not involved in the FA Cup as well, as I think he will mix the team more for that game.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101428 on: February 24, 2020, 05:37:44 pm »
I'd like to think there's a good chance of League winners medal for him, how many league appearances has he made? 2? I would expect a fair few cameos from him as the season winds down.

Not sure about limits, sure I read though its pretty much up to us to see who gets a medal. A nice bit of motivation for some of those younger lads maybe.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #101429 on: February 24, 2020, 05:43:32 pm »
Not sure about limits, sure I read though its pretty much up to us to see who gets a medal. A nice bit of motivation for some of those younger lads maybe.

I thought it was 5 appearances guarantees a player a medal?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101430 on: February 24, 2020, 05:46:56 pm »
I thought it was 5 appearances guarantees a player a medal?

I have read differing accounts, from various sources! Hopefully it becomes clearer after we're officially crowned.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #101431 on: February 24, 2020, 05:51:15 pm »
Good wasn’t it? Curtis Jones must surely take Lallana’s place in the first team squad next season - he’s got all the tools (including two-footedness), and he’s not exactly short of confidence 🤗

The Sunderland website describes an experienced Liverpool line-up including Chirivella (fair enough, nearly 23), Jones (hmmm, only just turned 19) and Elliott (too young for a driving licence FFS!)

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #101432 on: February 24, 2020, 06:27:08 pm »
Managed to watch this and Curtis Jones looked like a man amongst boys. He's got the lot, poise, power and intelligence. He's going to be a star sooner than I thought at the start of the season. It's got to the point where he almost looks out of place playing in the echoing silence at Kirkby, he's ready for a bigger stage.

Some other great performances today, especially considering the windy conditions. These boys are going to save us a fortune in the transfer market. 

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #101433 on: February 24, 2020, 06:30:08 pm »
I’m not sure he’ll get much of a look in this season even after the title is won. If we’re still unbeaten we may well be chasing that milestone too. He’s one for the future and I’d say his future is definitely here, his problem will be how strong our squad is, making it difficult to get regular games and experience.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101434 on: February 24, 2020, 06:49:58 pm »
The Sunderland website describes an experienced Liverpool line-up including Chirivella (fair enough, nearly 23), Jones (hmmm, only just turned 19) and Elliott (too young for a driving licence FFS!)

Experience does not equal age. I would say it’s fair to call Elliott experienced despite his age, how many players did Sunderland have out who have had the league and cup experiences he’s had? I haven’t seen the lineup so I don’t know the answer myself but I’d guess it’s not many if any.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #101435 on: February 24, 2020, 07:26:32 pm »
Jones looked like an absolute man against boys today. Great variety of finishes and only really celebrated after he got the hat trick
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #101436 on: February 24, 2020, 10:18:16 pm »
Was it 4-3-3 today with jones cm ?
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101437 on: February 24, 2020, 10:53:07 pm »
Was it 4-3-3 today with jones cm ?

Yeah. Millar was on the left today.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101438 on: February 24, 2020, 10:54:49 pm »
Curtis really does have that individual brilliance where he just can score from anywhere. Today it was like he spent 80 minutes being a bit more unselfish and creating for others. Then the last 10 minutes he went on a one man mission.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #101439 on: February 25, 2020, 10:57:15 am »
Yeah. Millar was on the left today.
thanks . Hat rick from Centre mid unreal
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u