Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 194885 times)

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #760 on: March 26, 2019, 02:52:30 pm »
A bit Raw? He is 30-effing-6 next week, how is that "raw" in any way shape of form, with almost 280 games in the premier league alone?  I know that's not too too old for a keeper, although I would argue that past 39 there is a sharp decline for those at the very very top (think of how poor Buffon has been this season for PSG, and arguably the previous season for Juve), but if our great keeping hope is a 37 year old who has never been deemed good enough for a top 6 team (nowhere near either - I don't recall a single rumour of him going to any of the top 6 ever) then I shudder.  Pickford is no better mind you, but at least he is young.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: March 26, 2019, 03:02:25 pm »
:lmao

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #762 on: March 26, 2019, 03:37:30 pm »
A bit Raw? He is 30-effing-6 next week, how is that "raw" in any way shape of form, with almost 280 games in the premier league alone?  I know that's not too too old for a keeper, although I would argue that past 39 there is a sharp decline for those at the very very top (think of how poor Buffon has been this season for PSG, and arguably the previous season for Juve), but if our great keeping hope is a 37 year old who has never been deemed good enough for a top 6 team (nowhere near either - I don't recall a single rumour of him going to any of the top 6 ever) then I shudder.  Pickford is no better mind you, but at least he is young.

i love you

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #763 on: March 26, 2019, 04:02:01 pm »
With all the promising English youngsters moving to Germany, I think young Ben Foster should also make the move to better his career.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #764 on: March 26, 2019, 04:13:07 pm »
Ha ha,I love this moment after a mega-woosh, waiting to see how the be-wooshed one responds. Do they vanish, unable or unwilling to show their face again? Do they try and bluster it out, or pretend that they were in on the joke all along and weren't wooshed? Do they get angry and lay into the other person, saying it was their fault for not being sufficiently clear etc?

Or do they fess up and ruefully admit that they've been done like a kipper. The anticipation...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #765 on: March 26, 2019, 06:02:44 pm »
Whooooooooossssshhhhhh!!!!  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #766 on: March 26, 2019, 06:14:35 pm »
Ahhh damn, hooking someone with a ‘young Ben Foster’ line is the ultimate dream  :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2019, 06:16:36 pm »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #768 on: March 26, 2019, 06:22:20 pm »
Ahhh damn, hooking someone with a ‘young Ben Foster’ line is the ultimate dream  :(
Bide your time,  and wait for the influx of new members if we win the League or European cup, then cast in again  ;)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2019, 06:32:32 pm »
Bide your time,  and wait for the influx of new members if we win the League or European cup, then cast in again  ;)

Baldrick? Who the fuck is Baldrick?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2019, 08:16:09 pm »
All time classic  :lmao

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2019, 09:13:38 pm »
;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2019, 10:56:37 pm »
He's probably stuck in a catflap as we type hence the lack of reply.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: March 28, 2019, 09:34:54 pm »
Ben Foster is a youngster ffs

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: March 29, 2019, 07:06:19 am »

What makes the Wooosh better is that he did play for a top 6 team as well. Won 2 Carling Cups with United when he was a wee tadpole.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #775 on: April 1, 2019, 08:20:34 pm »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: April 1, 2019, 08:22:09 pm »
Small Arms trying his hand at  Boxing I hear.......
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-looking-into-reports-jordan-16061714

Threw a punch but presumably he didn't reach?

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #777 on: April 1, 2019, 08:32:42 pm »
reckon he was blaming his defenders too for getting hit
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #778 on: April 1, 2019, 08:34:36 pm »
Apparently burst into tears when fully armed officers arrived on the scene
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: April 1, 2019, 08:38:14 pm »

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: April 1, 2019, 08:54:12 pm »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: April 1, 2019, 08:59:45 pm »
https://twitter.com/BelfastRedYNWA/status/1112788209358995456?s=19

Sorry if posted already.

England's tourist board should ask to use that footage for the culture section of their webpage

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: April 1, 2019, 09:05:35 pm »
There's an extended video going around of him in the bar taking pics with people that were asking him, and others (those taking the video) shouting abuse just to have something funny to post on social media and get a few likes. Pickford seems like a tit but can't blame him at all for eventually lashing out, it must get so frustrating.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #783 on: April 1, 2019, 10:03:17 pm »
:lmao

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: April 1, 2019, 10:04:34 pm »

Arf ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: April 1, 2019, 10:27:19 pm »
There's an extended video going around of him in the bar taking pics with people that were asking him, and others (those taking the video) shouting abuse just to have something funny to post on social media and get a few likes. Pickford seems like a tit but can't blame him at all for eventually lashing out, it must get so frustrating.
I'll never understand why people want to have recordings of their shit banter.  "Huhuh, check my video of me shouting 'Butterfingers' over and over and over at a guy who doesn't even acknowledge I exist  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: April 1, 2019, 10:34:45 pm »
I'll never understand why people want to have recordings of their shit banter.  "Huhuh, check my video of me shouting 'Butterfingers' over and over and over at a guy who doesn't even acknowledge I exist  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)"

But he did  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #787 on: April 1, 2019, 10:41:47 pm »

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: April 1, 2019, 11:30:28 pm »
Ha ha,I love this moment after a mega-woosh, waiting to see how the be-wooshed one responds. Do they vanish, unable or unwilling to show their face again? Do they try and bluster it out, or pretend that they were in on the joke all along and weren't wooshed? Do they get angry and lay into the other person, saying it was their fault for not being sufficiently clear etc?

Or do they fess up and ruefully admit that they've been done like a kipper. The anticipation...

I am here - should probably have seen it coming.  I would say in my defense, but that's a BS phrase, so going to 'fess up and simply say I was at work, saw the posting, and took it, stupidly, at face value. Mea culpa

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: April 2, 2019, 12:06:22 am »
I am here - should probably have seen it coming.  I would say in my defense, but that's a BS phrase, so going to 'fess up and simply say I was at work, saw the posting, and took it, stupidly, at face value. Mea culpa

Fair play for being honest, if I had less than 400 posts I'd have played the too young card ;D

Must be a good 10-12 years since commentators & pundits used to bail him out with the young Ben Foster shouts despite him being about 10 months younger than Reina & Cech

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #790 on: April 2, 2019, 12:12:45 am »

Might as well shut the internet down now, this here's the winner  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #791 on: April 2, 2019, 01:38:57 am »

:wellin
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #792 on: April 2, 2019, 02:41:32 am »

he couldn't cope with the long arm of the law?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: April 2, 2019, 03:31:34 am »
Shouldn't react to armless banter.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: April 2, 2019, 05:13:09 am »
he couldn't cope with the long arm of the law?

Ba-dum-tishhhhh.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #795 on: April 2, 2019, 05:23:08 am »
Oh place yor haaaaaaaaands
On my Goooooooooooooal
Run your fiiiiiiiiiiiiingerrrrrs
Through my sooooooooooooooole

And the way that I feel right now
Oh my arms are so small

Put your hands on, put your hands on
etc
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #796 on: April 2, 2019, 06:40:14 am »
What did he do, punch the guy into his own net?
YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: April 2, 2019, 06:41:59 am »

I know he is a tit with no brains and grew up in Sunderland, but seeing as how high profile he is and the stupid amount of money he gets paid, you'd think he'd stay out of places like that
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #798 on: April 2, 2019, 07:59:03 am »
I know he is a tit with no brains and grew up in Sunderland, but seeing as how high profile he is and the stupid amount of money he gets paid, you'd think he'd stay out of places like that
Exactly. What the fuck does he expect?

It`s highly likely he`s going to get shit thrown his way if he steps into a drunken fuelled arena and yet he reacts and lashes out when said shit comes his way!

What an absolute bell end.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #799 on: April 2, 2019, 08:40:33 am »
I like how 'alledged' is still being included in all the headlines, despite the clear footage of him being dragged away from the fight by (I guess) his mates, with some girl shouting 'Jordan' after him.

Send for Sir Bob Massingbird!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?