Author Topic: Watched  (Read 7814 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Watched
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:25:18 am »
It appears I got a 55% warning yesterday for 'abuse'. I didn't get a PM and genuinely cannot think what the hell I posted to abuse anyone.

Any chance the mod who gave it me can send me a message and just let me know if you don't mind?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Watched
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:27:30 am »
In fact, was this because I jokingly replied to El Lobo in the Ibe thread saying 'Fuck off' and then making a joke about other members always questioning our youngsters? I'm guessing it is as was around that time and post appears to have been deleted.

Did the mod who gave me the warning actually read his post and my reply, because we were joking between us about people writing off our youngsters. There was certainly no abuse and think you'd find he'd confirm that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:35:42 am by CraigDace »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:36:25 am »
They don't always know if we are joking or not.   

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:46:53 am »
They don't always know if we are joking or not.

to be honest it seemed pretty obvious as we were both having a convo about others writing Ibe (and most our youth) off so they can then come back and say 'Oh I knew he wouldn't make it here'.

If you read his post, then my reply I'd be surprised how it could be taken in any other context but joking.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 09:57:07 am »
to be honest it seemed pretty obvious as we were both having a convo about others writing Ibe (and most our youth) off so they can then come back and say 'Oh I knew he wouldn't make it here'.

If you read his post, then my reply I'd be surprised how it could be taken in any other context but joking.
Yeah, I know mate.

Has it been confirmed that this is the reason for you being watched though?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 10:02:09 am »
Yeah, I know mate.

Has it been confirmed that this is the reason for you being watched though?

No idea mate, but given it's been deleted and I really don't think I've posted anything even close to being abusive that it must be.

Modding this site must be a fucking pain in the arse given it's size and the wide range of opinions fans can have, so get mistakes can happen. It's no big deal either as hasn't effected my ability to post, but I'd rather a 55% ban not be on there for what was two members obviously joking between each other.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:04:28 am by CraigDace »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 10:15:39 am »
You post telling someone to fuck off, it is abuse. We have neither the time nor the inclination to try and divine the meaning behind the post, and whether you are mates with the recipient. RAWK is not a chat room. The offending post was on the main board, so does not even get the slacker treatment of the Boozer.

That said, the warning fell short of the level required to mute you, so there are no material consequences to it. Just think of it as a suspended sentence.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 10:22:01 am »
You post telling someone to fuck off, it is abuse. We have neither the time nor the inclination to try and divine the meaning behind the post, and whether you are mates with the recipient. RAWK is not a chat room. The offending post was on the main board, so does not even get the slacker treatment of the Boozer.

I'd assume when handing out warnings context was taken into account? I mean reading my whole post (it was 2 lines long) would have made it clear the post was in jest - let alone reading the equally short post it was in reply to which would have made it even more clear.

As said, I'm fine with it as it doesn't mute me. However if RAWK is taking a line now that clearly joking posts between it's members are warnable offenses then this place is going to become a lot more serious.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 10:32:27 am »
I'd assume when handing out warnings context was taken into account? I mean reading my whole post (it was 2 lines long) would have made it clear the post was in jest - let alone reading the equally short post it was in reply to which would have made it even more clear.

As said, I'm fine with it as it doesn't mute me. However if RAWK is taking a line now that clearly joking posts between it's members are warnable offenses then this place is going to become a lot more serious.

The line is not joking post but that you told him to fuck off. We warn for abuse. And we have consistently defined telling someone to fuck off as abuse.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 10:35:27 am »
The line is not joking post but that you told him to fuck off. We warn for abuse. And we have consistently defined telling someone to fuck off as abuse.

No worries mate.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 02:11:57 pm »
A question.

When one is being watched, does it go down by 1% per day?

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 02:27:56 pm »
A question.

When one is being watched, does it go down by 1% per day?

Yes, but it appears to decrease by 1% per complete day, so it takes longer than expected to start decreasing.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 02:38:47 pm »
Ahh, okay thank you.

I was watched, a few year ago now and I forgot how it worked.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 09:31:21 am »

That said, the warning fell short of the level required to mute you, so there are no material consequences to it. Just think of it as a suspended sentence.
This could have been an email from the FA to Jose Mourinho

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 5, 2017, 03:35:03 pm »
So I know why I got the warning and i accept it but why are these posters (most of them newbies) allowed to get away with wumming and general stupidity? We all know who they are just get rid of them mods.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2017, 03:36:45 pm »
I hope to god that bionimial has been banned, 100% a manc going by yesterday.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »
He's a Sunderland fan according to some people, he was banned from the official forums.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2017, 03:43:13 pm »
Well whoever he really supports he's clearly on the wind up and should be gone.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2017, 03:44:50 pm »
That's definitely true.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 5, 2017, 06:03:02 pm »
Hope you mods are paying attention to this weeks Premier League games thread.  :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2017, 06:06:52 pm »
Hope you mods are paying attention to this weeks Premier League games thread.  :D

Barney's question was a perfectly valid one.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2017, 06:12:22 pm »
Yes, it was just a light hearted hypothetical question. I've done fuck all wrong. I think.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2017, 06:14:45 pm »
Yes, it was just a light hearted hypothetical question. I've done fuck all wrong. I think.

I was joking you fuel.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 5, 2017, 06:15:45 pm »
I was joking you fuel.

Reported for accusing me of being a Manc
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #24 on: February 5, 2017, 06:41:00 pm »
Its all gone Pete Thong.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2017, 12:33:24 pm »
Stop hijacking my thread losers.

Down to 30%  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #26 on: February 6, 2017, 05:27:17 pm »
I honestly feel like he should have been at least temporarily banned for telling me to fuck off.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27 on: February 6, 2017, 06:34:18 pm »
I honestly feel like he should have been at least temporarily banned for telling me to fuck off.

Fu...

...nnily enough I do not agree with you.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2017, 04:25:41 pm »
Hi mods - i got banned for a couple days and put on 60% watch. Thought it was a bit extreme for what was a slightly goofy post, I will admit - I love the forum and am a supporter, but a gentle warning also would have done the trick in making me ponder what I post.

I know you mods have a very tough job and people often behave like adolescents on here. But I know the side effect of this can sometimes be slightly harsh moderation towards some members, and I thought this was a case in point. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if I have gotten away with a few naughty posts on here too, so hope you don't take this as mean bitching and moaning. If you feel it was just and fair to put me on a watch, I will accept that and move on. Just giving feedback in the spirit of sharing.

You guys do a great job and I am grateful for all the hard work you do around here to keep the standards up and providing us with a forum to share our views. Thank you for all that you do and I'm chucking a tenner in the pot today.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 05:04:40 pm »
You posted a 'he's signed' in the Virgil Van Dijk thread. That's a pain for the transfer mods who have enough to deal with when we have a transfer saga going on and I thought a few days off was the right course of action. Harsh, I wouldn't say so but these things are judgement and there's certainly no animosity on my part, it was just house keeping with no bad feeling.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »
You posted a 'he's signed' in the Virgil Van Dijk thread. That's a pain for the transfer mods who have enough to deal with when we have a transfer saga going on and I thought a few days off was the right course of action. Harsh, I wouldn't say so but these things are judgement and there's certainly no animosity on my part, it was just house keeping with no bad feeling.

Fully understand mate - absolutely no offence was taken on my part and I probably would have done the same in your shoes. I was trying to be funny by very originally linking to a picture of dick van dyke signing an autograph ;D My lack of originality deserved the ban.

Thanks again.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 06:49:23 pm »
Everyone who posts in the ASSHATS thread should be watched....it's summer, go out and enjoy it. ;D 8)
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 06:58:21 pm »
Everyone who posts in the ASSHATS thread should be watched....it's summer, go out and enjoy it. ;D 8)
Haha bang on the money D.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 10:29:44 am »
Haha bang on the money D.

Didn't I see a post from you in there yesterday?  ;D

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 06:42:45 pm »
Didn't I see a post from you in there yesterday?  ;D
Must of been a imposter ;)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 07:02:13 pm »
Not sure where to post this so thought I'd throw it in here. I was muted last week for telling someone to give up social media in the wake of the VVD news being announced. A mod (presumably) mistakenly thought I told the poster to fuck off. Fair enough if you make a mistake as I did say 'fuck it off' and if you're in a rush you may think I just told said poster to fuck off. What I don't understand is why there isn't a chance to explain your side of the story? Now I know it's not the end of the world not being able to post on here for a few days but I did miss a week in the fantasy golf competition and I would definitely have picked the winner.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 07:06:38 pm »
Not sure where to post this so thought I'd throw it in here. I was muted last week for telling someone to give up social media in the wake of the VVD news being announced. A mod (presumably) mistakenly thought I told the poster to fuck off. Fair enough if you make a mistake as I did say 'fuck it off' and if you're in a rush you may think I just told said poster to fuck off. What I don't understand is why there isn't a chance to explain your side of the story? Now I know it's not the end of the world not being able to post on here for a few days but I did miss a week in the fantasy golf competition and I would definitely have picked the winner.

You get a warning PM when you are warned, that message has a link to report to moderators. Be warned, it PMs lots of mods who tend to increase warnings if used frivolously.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 07:14:07 pm »
You get a warning PM when you are warned, that message has a link to report to moderators. Be warned, it PMs lots of mods who tend to increase warnings if used frivolously.

Not sure I'm getting this, when I came back on to the site after making the comment I had received a PM but there was no link in it and I had no way of replying as I was muted.

I'm now 'watched' and was just wondering is there any way to have that reversed. Not wanting to act the prick but if I remember it correctly the comment I made wasn't abusive towards another poster.

He/she had said they must wait a few hours before going on to social media because of the piss taking that would be going on and all I said was maybe he/she should fuck it off. I didn't tell the poster to fuck off. Again it's not too big a deal but I've never been 'watched' before or been muted.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 07:52:50 pm »
My mistake it's is a "Report to Admin" link in the bottom left of every PM.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 08:01:13 pm »
Ok i'll take it there so, thanks.