Author Topic: LFC confirms stadium accessibility plans for 2017-18 season  (Read 32696 times)

Offline banjo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC confirms stadium accessibility plans for 2017-18 season
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 03:08:18 pm »
CraigFSG is gona crucify you unless you have the exact figures.

FSG have crunched the numbers and it can't be done (in the economical model they have made up) OKAY?

I'm trying to avoid ending up on the cross :-)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 03:37:28 pm »
I copied and pasted this from another site, but I agree with what he's saying.

If they are going to do improvement works to the kop then they might aswell go the full hog and correct all the wrong doings of the stand; straighten out the jaggered bits at the back and raise the roof. I've always thought it should be possible to cantelever over the road behind the stand without having to actually build across the road like they done with the Trinity Road Stand at Villa Park.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 09:43:18 am »
Glad they're doing this. It'll be interesting to see where they fit the extra 500 seats in.

RE 'straightening' the kop, I've wondered for a while how difficult it'd really be, but it's maybe not as simple as it seems. They'd need to factor in the extra 500 people being able to get out, perhaps meaning new exits? The very upper part has its own exits and concourse (correct me if I'm wrong on that) so if you were going to extend it as far as that all the way along you might need to extend that concourse the whole width of the Kop?

It's moot anyway really isnt it. I'm sure I've seen this same conversation over and over on here.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2017, 03:11:19 pm »
Personally I reckon it's more likely that they're gonna move the disabled seats from the front of the Kop to the Centenary. That'd free up the first few rows for GA seating. It doesnt say it's adding to the capacity of the Kop just more GA seats. I'm not sure how many rows it'd take to reach the 500 but 2/3 rows should do it.

Offline MurfySmurfy

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 03:22:57 pm »
They may be moving the disabled spaces at the front of the Kop but they're also definitely expanding it at the back. Scroll down to the bottom of the news article the club released and take a look at the image of the back of the Kop:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/254580-lfc-submits-planning-application-to-improve-anfield-accessibility

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:22 pm »
Ahha, I didnt even notice that picture.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 03:22:12 pm »

So looks like they are extending 202 and 208 to be in line with 203 and 207. I'm sure it has probably been answered before but could they not extend 203 and 207 back to be in line with 304 and 306 so they get rid of the restricted views in both of these blocks or is it structurally not possible?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2017, 07:15:52 pm »

So looks like they are extending 202 and 208 to be in line with 203 and 207. I'm sure it has probably been answered before but could they not extend 203 and 207 back to be in line with 304 and 306 so they get rid of the restricted views in both of these blocks or is it structurally not possible?

I'm guessing with the additional rows and crowd numbers they'd only be needing to extend the stand. But to go as far back as 304-306 they'd need to add concorse areas and further entrances/exits onto the stand itself.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2017, 10:48:40 am »
It is not, and will never be enough but...

Nearly 500 more people in the Kop? Can only be good. (Unless it's you mizzies from the LC moving there in which case I expect 202 and 208 to be sitting down).

;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #49 on: March 2, 2017, 11:27:40 am »
I'm losing my seat in the lower cent

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 2, 2017, 12:08:41 pm »
I'm losing my seat in the lower cent

What have the club said? Where are you being moved to?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 2, 2017, 12:48:14 pm »
What have the club said? Where are you being moved to?

Basically they are putting a disabled access seating area along the back wall of the lower Centenary and are removing a number of seats for that to happen. My seat has been chosen to go.

Got a choice of either somewhere else in the Lower Cent or the lower tier of the Main Stand. Got choose on Thursday 9th when an online booking system goes live. 1st come 1st served. No word on how that will effect the cost or location.

Spending tonight getting my ticket linked to my mates so we can swap together and hopefully stay sat next to each other

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 2, 2017, 01:38:55 pm »
Basically they are putting a disabled access seating area along the back wall of the lower Centenary and are removing a number of seats for that to happen. My seat has been chosen to go.

Got a choice of either somewhere else in the Lower Cent or the lower tier of the Main Stand. Got choose on Thursday 9th when an online booking system goes live. 1st come 1st served. No word on how that will effect the cost or location.

Spending tonight getting my ticket linked to my mates so we can swap together and hopefully stay sat next to each other

Been in it long?
Not so bad if not and still get the same stand together with your mate but that should be guaranteed not first come first serve.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 2, 2017, 03:41:55 pm »
Been in it long?
Not so bad if not and still get the same stand together with your mate but that should be guaranteed not first come first serve.

Been there 6 years after a mate couldn't afford to keep it going.

You're guaranteed a seat. But all the best spots will be taken up 1st. Dont want to be left with some crappy view

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 2, 2017, 04:05:03 pm »
Been there 6 years after a mate couldn't afford to keep it going.

You're guaranteed a seat. But all the best spots will be taken up 1st. Dont want to be left with some crappy view

sitting together I mean

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 2, 2017, 07:19:20 pm »
Here is a copy of the email from the club

We recently updated you of our plans to improve Anfield’s provision for disabled supporters ahead of Season 2017-18, and can now confirm that these construction works do affect your current seat. We appreciate that this may come as a disappointment to you but hope you can understand the need for the increased provisions for disabled supporters at Anfield to meet the new Premier League guidelines.

You will have an opportunity to select a new seat and we want to reassure you that we will make every effort to provide you with a selection of ‘best available’ seats to choose from. However, because of the subsequent seat losses due to the construction works, we cannot guarantee an exact ‘like for like’ position.

How do I select my new seat?

You will have a dedicated online seat selection period to choose a new seat for the coming 2017-18 Season that will be available from 10am Thursday 9 March until 8am Monday 13 March.

To make your selection, click here during your selection period. Seats will be available in the following stands:

Lower Centenary
Main Stand Lower

All seats are subject to availability and allocated on a first come first serve basis.

Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to select your seat.

Can I sit somewhere else in the Stadium?

If you would rather choose a different location in the Stadium, you can do this during an alternative selection period that will take place once the initial seat move process is complete for all Season Ticket Holders affected by the construction works.

This seat selection period will be available from 10am Wednesday 15 March until 8am Friday 17 March.

To make your selection, click here during this selection period. Seats will be available in the following stands:

Upper Centenary
Kop
Main Stand Upper
Main Stand Lower

All seats are subject to availability and allocated on a first come first serve basis.

If the seat you select is more expensive than your current seat, we will refund you the difference for Season 2017-18.

Click here for full details of Season Ticket prices for Season 2017-18.

I sit alongside my friends/family – will I still be able to do this?
If the friends/family you sit with have also been affected by the construction works and you want to ensure you are able to select seats together, we recommend that prior to your specific seat selection period you use the ‘Friends and Family’ option online to link other Season Ticket Holders you wish to sit with. Click here to log in to ‘My Account’ and select ‘Friends & Family’ for further details on how do to this.

What happens next?
Once the seat selection periods are complete, you will be able to renew your Season Ticket for your new seat when the 2017-18 Season Ticket renewal period opens later this month. You will receive your 2017-18 Season Ticket renewal brochure for your new seat in due course, and full details will also be published on our website.

Who should I contact if I have any questions?
Full Q&As relating to the seat selection periods are available here. If there is any other information you require or you need assistance using our online services, then please contact us on +44 151 264 2500.

We look forward to welcoming you to Anfield for the 2017-18 Season.

Liverpool Football Club

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 5, 2017, 09:53:41 pm »

Definitely doable but at significant cost per extra seat, maybe add another 1000 seats at the back of the Kop but as mentioned would require the 300 level concourse being extended and extra entrances. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2017, 10:47:04 am »
Looks like they are also making up additional seats by adding an extra seat at the end of each row (every set of stairs) in the Upper Centenary.

Our seats are at the end of the row and they have just rang to ask if we still want to be on the end as will move us along if so, which was decent of them.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2017, 11:29:58 am »
Looks like they are also making up additional seats by adding an extra seat at the end of each row (every set of stairs) in the Upper Centenary.

Our seats are at the end of the row and they have just rang to ask if we still want to be on the end as will move us along if so, which was decent of them.

That's good then so there will be no reduction in capacity, just hope the rumours of the Annie road taking us to 62k are true.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2017, 11:32:13 am »

'Wheelchair access at Premier League grounds improved after campaigning'...

~ Fourteen of 20 stadiums now comply with guidelines
~ Target met after legal action was threatened by fans

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/20/wheelchair-access-at-premier-league-grounds-improved-after-campaigning

We're getting there, very close, yet still too slow by some clubs - and the article highlights the long hard fight by groups such as the LPF in trying to get clubs to fulfill their responsibilities.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:37:59 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2017, 03:34:15 pm »
'Wheelchair access at Premier League grounds improved after campaigning'...

~ Fourteen of 20 stadiums now comply with guidelines
~ Target met after legal action was threatened by fans

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/20/wheelchair-access-at-premier-league-grounds-improved-after-campaigning

We're getting there, very close, yet still too slow by some clubs - and the article highlights the long hard fight by groups such as the LPF in trying to get clubs to fulfill their responsibilities.

I thought we the recent works we are now compliant?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »

We do according to that article.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2017, 05:26:10 pm »
We do according to that article.

Sorry should read the post I quoted a few times, I read it say Liverpool were close but they meant the PL is close.  :-[

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2017, 07:52:26 pm »
Sorry should read the post I quoted a few times, I read it say Liverpool were close but they meant the PL is close.  :-[

No I read it that way too but article makes it clear we aren't one of the six.

I actually thought we were still a little short and wouldn't comply until/unless the Anny Rd got done, but maybe we managed to find space to fully comply.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2017, 01:34:39 pm »

Apologies - I meant a collective 'we' - as in football (not just Liverpool) - I should have made that clearer.

(though we did have to complete the work for disabled facilities in the then Centenary Stand to be compliant - you know, the part of the ground where the club said for a long long time they couldn't do anything. Strange how that seemingly changed quite quickly when legal action, point deduction and some unwelcome PR were on the horizon...)

Even in the outline plans for the proposed new Anfield Road End (a year ago?) the club wouldn't have met compliancy figures before the extra work in the Centenary/other stands (https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=313686.400).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:37:02 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 02:42:32 pm »
I did in fact lose my seat for these works to take place. Thankfully my new seat is in quite a nice spec so I'm happy. It did take some negotiating with the club as the selection we were originally given was really poor. Plus I cant use the same seat for the Champions league games (clashes with the Thomas Cook seats).

The new raised area in the lower Kenny is actually quite clever. A lift placed in one of the old exec boxes allows wheelchair access right under the clock/scoreboard. Good team of stewards/first aiders up there helping fans to their space.

I am glad it's been sorted and it doesn't sound like too many fans have been inconvenienced by it