Author Topic: anfield road stand  (Read 243003 times)

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Re: anfield road stand
« Reply #400 on: June 21, 2016, 05:44:33 pm »
I have not singled out disabled fans, Once the stands are complete then you can say if there is enough or not every stand does not have to accommodate disabled fans if there is enough elsewhere.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315184.msg14547767#msg14547767

dont know if u saw this thread as go to post 4051 by alan x 2nd pic (op by durlmints)  we were left confuse either it more hospitality box or more disabled platform time will only tell when the plan have submitted so this will be great if it level walkway and middle tier for disabled have wait and see

i cant say if they are enough only steph in charge of disabled in ticket will know the demand are great

trust me it not enough
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:52:26 pm by YNWAArkAngel »
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #402 on: June 21, 2016, 05:50:16 pm »
dont be silly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26994489

It's just you pointed to 15 years from now and a level playing field, so assumed that's what you meant and what was being aimed for. Which I agree would be silly.

Agree there should be more done to include disabled spaces, which has been tough inside an old stadium like Anfield, but they seem to have done a lot with the new Main, and hopefully when they do the Anny Rd they'll continue it there too.

I'm really not sure the lack of spaces, and ability to add spaces, to the Centenary is really an argument for moving away from Anfield though (which is the only argument to be made given the Centenary cannot be changed otherwise without some CPO of the houses behind).

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #403 on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:37 pm »
45% is shocking compare to swansea arsenal southampton etc

Liberty Stadium is 10 years old. Emirates is 10 years old. St Mary's is 14 years old.

Anfield...

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: June 21, 2016, 05:54:06 pm »
Yes I have seen those. So looking at those plans there could be disabled spaces pitch side and at the back of the lower tier plus the new ones in the main stand.

I can not trust you on this as you have just said

"i cant say if they are enough only steph in charge of disabled in ticket will know"

"trust me it not enough"

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2016, 05:57:47 pm »
It's just you pointed to 15 years from now and a level playing field, so assumed that's what you meant and what was being aimed for. Which I agree would be silly.

Agree there should be more done to include disabled spaces, which has been tough inside an old stadium like Anfield, but they seem to have done a lot with the new Main, and hopefully when they do the Anny Rd they'll continue it there too.

I'm really not sure the lack of spaces, and ability to add spaces, to the Centenary is really an argument for moving away from Anfield though (which is the only argument to be made given the Centenary cannot be changed otherwise without some CPO of the houses behind).

i agree time will tell it damn shame previous owner sold the houses back rather kept it and knock it down while empty to late now let enjoy the main stand see how the demand is and let enjoy the new season
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Reply #406 on: June 21, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »

I can not trust you on this as you have just said

"i cant say if they are enough only steph in charge of disabled in ticket will know"

"trust me it not enough"

it fine to dont trust me it ok the feeling isn't mutual as i buy my home and away ticket via phone to disabled office as i cant just go online and order tickets like able bodies can do, that how i know the demand etc
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: June 21, 2016, 06:17:49 pm »
it fine to dont trust me it ok the feeling isn't mutual as i buy my home and away ticket via phone to disabled office as i cant just go online and order tickets like able bodies can do, that how i know the demand etc

I don't dispute that there is demand, We need more , more are getting built so we will see if it is enough once the work has been complete.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: June 21, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »
If anyone really wants to know how many 'accessible' spaces there are, they can read the Design and Access statement in the planning application (or ask a friend to read if unable for whatever reason).

The provision will meet the regulatory requirements in consultation with a suitably qualified representative of those with a disability. Normally a council nominee.

There is no more a requirement to provide an accessible space for everyone with a disability that wants one than there is to provide a space for everyone without a disability that wants one.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:45:50 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: June 21, 2016, 07:59:31 pm »
It looks like to existing top tier gets removed, to be replaced by a much larger tier. This in theory could still be built whilst the exiting stand was in full use.

From day one... No loss of revenue. The new bit is built behind the old bit and the upper tier and old roof is taken away in the closed season. Just like the Main Stand.

Offline banjo

• Main Stander
« Reply #410 on: June 21, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »
From day one... No loss of revenue. The new bit is built behind the old bit and the upper tier and old roof is taken away in the closed season. Just like the Main Stand.

It does look like "low hanging fruit" when it comes to ground expansion. Let's hope they start the groundwork towards the end of next season ready for 18/19.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #411 on: June 22, 2016, 12:59:19 am »
Liberty Stadium is 10 years old. Emirates is 10 years old. St Mary's is 14 years old.

Anfield...

The current Anfield Road End is 18 years old, the current Kop is 22 years old (renovated), the Upper Centenary is 24 years old.

If the will was there the club could have met the minimum requirements at the time of those builds/renovations - it chose not to.

Let's hope this time, it does meet them - and even exceeds them a little.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #412 on: June 22, 2016, 07:33:59 am »
The current Anfield Road End is 18 years old, the current Kop is 22 years old (renovated), the Upper Centenary is 24 years old.

If the will was there the club could have met the minimum requirements at the time of those builds/renovations - it chose not to.

What were the min requirements 22/24 years ago?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 22, 2016, 07:53:35 am »
What were the min requirements 22/24 years ago?

You would have to compare each of the stadiums and when they were developed or altered with the time line of regulation to get a proper picture of compliance. As you imply it would be a bit misleading to produce a table to compare current regulations with stadium or stand built 30 years ago.

If memory serves me right the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 was enacted three years after the Centenary Stand was built (since replaced by the Equality Act 2010). There was and still is some overlap with the Building Regulations Part M and before that I believe there was a British Standard.

There really wouldn't be any 'choice' in the matter and I really can't see any stadium not complying with the regulation of its day. In so far as that would be a reasonable provision, to go beyond it and provide more than is required might be seen as having an obverse effect ie, it would discriminate against able-bodied who couldn't get a ticket as a result - although there is no law to that effect.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:33:16 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #414 on: June 22, 2016, 01:16:52 pm »
I tried to download the Design & Access statement but it won't work for some reason. I've got a copy at home and will look later, but it will have the explanation of how they have complied with the regs.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: June 22, 2016, 10:17:38 pm »
I tried to download the Design & Access statement but it won't work for some reason. I've got a copy at home and will look later, but it will have the explanation of how they have complied with the regs.

From Section 7:
"The proposals reflect LFC’s positive approach to inclusive design within the context of the significant constraints imposed by the existing stadium, and also the Club’s commitment to consultation with its supporters groups. They incorporate significant incremental improvements in accessible facilities particularly wheelchair user viewing positions and amenity seating, and respond to the following design legislation and guidance:

• Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds 5th Edition: 2008 (The Green Guide)
• SGSA Guide No.1 “Accessible Stadia”
• BS8300:2009 “Design of Buildings & Their Approaches to Meet the Needs of Disabled People”
• Building Regulations Approved Document M (with 2010 & 2013 amendments)
• Equality Act 2010."

"... [The proposals] would take the overall number in the stadium up from 193 at the end of Phase 1 to 248 at the end of Phase 2 giving a 100% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum number."

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=898733
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:31:15 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: June 22, 2016, 10:21:54 pm »
It wouldn't work Peter - it won't download as a pdf.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: June 22, 2016, 10:29:41 pm »
It wouldn't work Peter - it won't download as a pdf.

See above

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: June 22, 2016, 10:31:22 pm »
Sorry mate, I only saw the link at the bottom and didn't read what you'd posted. Thanks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2016, 11:22:05 am »
From Section 7:
"The proposals reflect LFC’s positive approach to inclusive design within the context of the significant constraints imposed by the existing stadium, and also the Club’s commitment to consultation with its supporters groups. They incorporate significant incremental improvements in accessible facilities particularly wheelchair user viewing positions and amenity seating, and respond to the following design legislation and guidance:

• BS8300:2009 “Design of Buildings & Their Approaches to Meet the Needs of Disabled People”
• Equality Act 2010."

"... [The proposals] would take the overall number in the stadium up from 193 at the end of Phase 1 to 248 at the end of Phase 2 giving a 100% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum number."

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=898733

Excellent - thank you :)

'The D1 1 Design and Access Statement' pdf - Section 7 (pages 32 to 35 of the document) on the link above has the info.

When the new Main Stand is ready:-

"This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 115 in the summer 2014 to 193 at the end
of Phase 1 giving an improved 81% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum
number of 238."
(for wheelchair users)

^ Good to see that over a third of those seats will be at an elevated level too.

When the proposed (and likely) new Anfield Road End is ready:-

"This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 193 at the end of Phase 1 to 248 at the end of Phase 2 giving a 100% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum number." (for wheelchair users)

^ Good to see more elevated seats - and away fans getting a bump in numbers too - up to 25 wheelchair spaces if needed.

Amenity Seating (When the proposed - and likely - new Anfield Road End is ready):-

"A total of 60 amenity standard seats with minimised stepped access, wider seat spacing and deeper
row depths for taller, bigger or visually impaired spectators would be provided at the back of the existing
lower tier. This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 120 at the end of Phase 1 to 180
at the end of Phase 2 giving a 72% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum
number.

An agreed number of these seats would be allocated to visibility impaired spectators (with spaces for
assistance dogs), and also to those hard of hearing (with audio-frequency induction loop facilities)."

^ Great that we're getting a bump of nearly a third the number of seats - though a shame we'll only be at 72% of the recommended minimum number for Amenity Seating after the 2 stands have finished and are ready.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »

Excellent - thank you :)

'The D1 1 Design and Access Statement' pdf - Section 7 (pages 32 to 35 of the document) on the link above has the info.

When the new Main Stand is ready:-

"This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 115 in the summer 2014 to 193 at the end
of Phase 1 giving an improved 81% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum
number of 238."
(for wheelchair users)

^ Good to see that over a third of those seats will be at an elevated level too.

When the proposed (and likely) new Anfield Road End is ready:-

"This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 193 at the end of Phase 1 to 248 at the end of Phase 2 giving a 100% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum number." (for wheelchair users)

^ Good to see more elevated seats - and away fans getting a bump in numbers too - up to 25 wheelchair spaces if needed.

Amenity Seating (When the proposed - and likely - new Anfield Road End is ready):-

"A total of 60 amenity standard seats with minimised stepped access, wider seat spacing and deeper
row depths for taller, bigger or visually impaired spectators would be provided at the back of the existing
lower tier. This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 120 at the end of Phase 1 to 180
at the end of Phase 2 giving a 72% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum
number.

An agreed number of these seats would be allocated to visibility impaired spectators (with spaces for
assistance dogs), and also to those hard of hearing (with audio-frequency induction loop facilities)."

^ Great that we're getting a bump of nearly a third the number of seats - though a shame we'll only be at 72% of the recommended minimum number for Amenity Seating after the 2 stands have finished and are ready.

great read
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2016, 05:31:18 pm »
great read

no worries mate - though that is just some very basic info taken from the whole document (which is a bit dry and stat based). Just in case anyone wants to read the full thing:-

from page 32 of the document...

7.0 Inclusive Access

The proposals reflect LFC’s positive approach to inclusive design within the context of the significant
constraints imposed by the existing stadium, and also the Club’s commitment to consultation with
its supporters groups. They incorporate significant incremental improvements in accessible facilities
particularly wheelchair user viewing positions and amenity seating, and respond to the following design
legislation and guidance:

• Equality Act 2010.

Access Around the Stadium

All spectators would approach the expanded stands via a public realm external concourse with hard
surfacing designed and laid to falls which ensure full accessibility for wheelchair users and the mobility
impaired. A coordinated and consistent approach to external way finding signage (extended into the
stands) would be adopted throughout for clarity of access and venue usage.

Surface materials would be selected to rminimise slip hazards, to achieve colour contrast for visually
impaired where appropriate and with corduroy paving at approach to ramps and stairs.

Arrangement of street furniture, trees and lighting has been carefully considered to avoid presenting
barriers and hazzards to visually impaired pedestrians and would be located away from the main
match-day flow of spectators. To be suitable for ambuland disabled people, a portion of external
seating would be designed to have back and arm rests.

7.1 Main Stand Phase 1 (Detailed Planning)

External and Internal Access

Access for general admission spectators in the lower tier would be via external stairs onto the podium
designed to Green Guide and ADM standard with extended landings, and two banks of full height
automatic turnstiles with proximity reader activation in the Level 2 facade.

Access for general admission spectators in the upper tier would be via two banks of full height
automatic turnstiles with proximity reader activation in the Level 0 façade linked to internal escalators,
lifts and scissor stairs designed to Green Guide and ADM standard up to Level 6.

Independent inclusive access for general admission wheelchair users and amenity seat users would
be via dedicated entrances incorporated in the design of Level 0 upper tier entrances at each end,
linked to lifts serving the viewing positions on Levels 3 and 6.

Access for hospitality members would be via a central external stair from Level 0 up onto the podium,
then across to the central hospitality entrance on Level 2 before moving up internally to the facilities on
Levels 3, 4 and 5, via internal stairs and escalators. VIP access would be via the secure parking area
and VIP lift linking Level 0 to Levels 2 and 3.

Independent inclusive access for hospitality wheelchair users would be via a central lift from Level 0 up
onto the podium, then across to the central hospitality entrance on Level 2 before moving up internally
to the facilities on Levels 3, 4 and 5, via an internal lift.

Separate individual entrances for players, officials and team staff, media and match day staff and retail
store at Level 0 would be designed for inclusive access, and all internal front and back of house areas
would fully accessible, with horizontal and vertical circulation and toilet facilities designed accordingly.

The proposals also take account of comments made by wheelchair users in respect of the stadium
tour, and the players’ tunnel access to the pitch (one of the most popular parts of the tour) would be
changed from a “down and up” stepped arrangement to a ramp, though the iconic “This is Anfield”
sign would be retained.

page 33 is just a picture of the new Main Stand (from the inside).

page 34 of the document...

Wheelchair User Viewing Positions

On top of the existing 40 positions at the front of the existing Main Stand lower tier, a total of 78 new
wheelchair user viewing positions would be provided in the Main Stand as follows:

• 3 new general admission positions to the front of the lower tier
• 30 general admission positions to the back of the lower tier
• 30 hospitality positions to the back of the lower tier and back of new middle tier
• 15 general admission positions to the new upper tier

This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 115 in the summer 2014 to 193 at the end
number of 238.

75 of the new positions would be elevated rather than at pitch level, and all would have companion
seats either adjacent or immediately behind. All elevated positions would have super risers, and
general admission positions at the back of the lower tier would be turned to face the centre of the
pitch, with higher perching seats for companions behind.

Each hospitality box at Level 3 would be capable of accommodating wheelchair user spaces by
removing individual seats, and the two main outer positions on Level 5 would be located such that they
could be readily accessible for general admission use if there was no demand for them in hospitality.

Amenity Seating

A total of 120 amenity standard seats with minimised stepped access, wider seat spacing and deeper
row depths would be provided as follows:

• 72 general admission amenity seats to the front of the lower tier
• 32 hospitality amenity seats to the back of the lower tier and new middle tier
• 16 general admission seats to the new upper tier

An agreed number of these seats would be allocated to visually impaired spectators (with spaces for
assistance dogs), and also to those hard of hearing (with audio-frequency induction loop facilities).

Supporting Facilities

Accessible unisex toilets would generally be provided within a 40m maximum travel distance from all
viewing positions to a ratio of one facility per 15 wheelchair users. All general admission toilets and
selected hospitality facilities would be designed as bigger enclosures to accommodate larger 4 wheel
motorised wheelchairs.

Adult changing facilities designed to BS 8300:2009 would be provided as part of the public toilets suite
at Level 0 and also on each general admission concourse on levels 2 and 6. Baby changing facilities
would also be provided at each general admission concourse for non match day events.

Lower height counters for general admission and hospitality bars, concessions and kiosks would be
provided for wheelchair users throughout, and specific positions would be provided with induction loops
for the hard of hearing.

from page 35 of the document...

Egress & Emergency Evacuation

Normal match day egress and emergency evacuation routes for general admission and hospitality
areas would generally be via the same gangways, vomitories, stairs and lifts (but not escalators) and
podium stairs providing access. Spectators in the lower tier would continue to be able to escape onto
the pitch via stewarded gates at the bottom of the lower tier gangways.

The egress and emergency evacuation strategy would comply with Green Guide 5th Edition
recommendations on spectator flow rates, exit widths and timings, and heads of stairs barriers would
be provided at the approach to the top of the podium outer stairs to slow down exiting crowd flows and
control the direction of approach.

Wheelchair users and amenity seating user egress and emergency evacuation would be managed by
stewards, and would be via the same routes and lifts used for access. Appropriately located and sized
refuge areas would be provided adjacent lifts used for evacuation.

General admission concourses on Levels 2 and 6 would be designed as lower risk fire sterile spaces,
and therefore places of relative safety. High risk accommodation including food cook concessions,
kiosks and stores would be enclosed in fire rated construction and fitted with fire rated roller shutters
and doors.

7.2 Anfield Road Stand - Phase 2 (Outline Planning)

Access to the lower and upper tiers would be based on similar principles to the Main Stand except
there would be no podium. Independent inclusive access for wheelchair users and amenity seat users
would be via dedicated entrances incorporated in the design of the upper tier entrances at each end,
linked to lifts serving the viewing positions on Levels 2.

Wheelchair User Viewing Positions

On top of the existing 29 positions at the front of the existing lower tier, a total of 55 new wheelchair
user viewing positions would be provided at the back of the existing lower tier. This would take the
overall number in the stadium up from 193 at the end of Phase 1 to 248 at the end of Phase 2 giving a
100% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum number.

All of the new positions would be elevated rather than at pitch level, and all would have super risers
and companion seats adjacent, with the potential for additional family perching seats behind.
Up to 25 positions would be allocated for away fans use at the end of Phase 2.

Amenity Seating

A total of 60 amenity standard seats with minimised stepped access, wider seat spacing and deeper
number.

assistance dogs), and also to those hard of hearing (with audio-frequency induction loop facilities).

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:40:49 pm by oojason »

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2016, 09:57:52 am »
Architecture is so simple. A few pretty pictures and off you go...  :)

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: July 14, 2016, 10:01:20 pm »
Probably been asked but I can't find anything (kept up with every page on the Main stand topic) - with the tunnel being offset and the ARE likely to be next in line, what is the likelihood that ARE will be built slightly further back or some front rows removed so that the pitch can be lengthened (and the tunnel then in line with halfway)?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #424 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:55 pm »
Probably been asked but I can't find anything (kept up with every page on the Main stand topic) - with the tunnel being offset and the ARE likely to be next in line, what is the likelihood that ARE will be built slightly further back or some front rows removed so that the pitch can be lengthened (and the tunnel then in line with halfway)?

Tunnel would be further away from the halfway wouldn't it?

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2016, 10:12:04 pm »
Tunnel is to the right of the halfway line, nearer the ARE.  If the pitch is lengthened due to the ARE being moved back (or rows removed) then the halfway line will follow and become closer to the tunnel or in line with it.
JFT96

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #426 on: July 14, 2016, 10:13:56 pm »
Tunnel is to the right of the halfway line, nearer the ARE.  If the pitch is lengthened due to the ARE being moved back (or rows removed) then the halfway line will follow and become closer to the tunnel or in line with it.

It's nearer the Kop isn't it? Gonna have to go and check now  ;D

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2016, 10:18:13 pm »
If I'm wrong they're just gonna have to build a new Kop over the WBR and lengthen the pitch that way - simples! :-)
JFT96

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2016, 10:20:04 pm »
Nah I think you're right mate. Not sure why I thought it was the Kop side of the halfway line.

Shifting things would likely cause issues at back of the Kop, and also the Anny Rd end of the Centenary. Not sure how big these issues would be and if they'd be easily sorted though.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2016, 10:27:22 pm »
This was the first image I could find that shows it best.  Perhaps they have a requirement to widen the vehicle access in the corner of the Main and ARE which will force the Anny back a bit.  With that in mind they might have taken the opportunity to position the tunnel so it will fall in line when ARE rebuilt and the pitch lengthened?  As for sightlines from the back of Kop, surely just a modification to the Kop roof line will sort that (or will the roof be raised when they expand the Kop anyway :-)

JFT96

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2016, 01:51:00 pm »
Nah I think you're right mate. Not sure why I thought it was the Kop side of the halfway line.

Shifting things would likely cause issues at back of the Kop, and also the Anny Rd end of the Centenary. Not sure how big these issues would be and if they'd be easily sorted though.

Sight lines at the back of the kop are pretty decent at the moment aren't they? Even if the far goal was a couple of metres further away, it wouldn't be anything like as bad as the back of lower Anny now. Centenary end could probably cope with another 10m until people can't see beyond the TV box, so that would be fine.

I think BOBSCOUSE is onto something!

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: July 17, 2016, 12:45:12 am »
So is the general consensus that this will happen?

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #432 on: July 17, 2016, 03:15:30 am »

'This' being the redevelopment of Anfield Road? I think it's a case of wait and see. The owners will assess whether there's the need, once the new Main Stand opens. Personally, I've always had my doubts. I think it'll be a lot of expense just to add 4000 extra seats. But I've no inside information, it's just a gut feeling, but we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #433 on: July 17, 2016, 11:58:17 am »

Yes. There's been nothing to suggest that FSG would have changed their minds about it. Take up of corporate boxes in the Main was better than anticipated. Unless there's a major fall off in the demand for general admittance tickets, there's no reason to think the plan would have changed since they applied for outline permission.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: July 17, 2016, 01:52:48 pm »
'This' being the redevelopment of Anfield Road? I think it's a case of wait and see. The owners will assess whether there's the need, once the new Main Stand opens. Personally, I've always had my doubts. I think it'll be a lot of expense just to add 4000 extra seats. But I've no inside information, it's just a gut feeling, but we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Yeah.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2016, 03:53:17 pm »

The cost of building 4,000 seats will have been factored into the business case for doing the design work and getting outline planning permission. 4,000 seats will bring in a decent income over the next 10, 20 years, which will cover the cost of construction.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2016, 08:49:42 pm »
The cost of building 4,000 seats will have been factored into the business case for doing the design work and getting outline planning permission. 4,000 seats will bring in a decent income over the next 10, 20 years, which will cover the cost of construction.

That said, the design work and justification for the outline consent as part of the original application is not a huge amount of money (whatever costs have been in the public domain in the past these have been exaggerated by all kinds of development costs over a long period of time).

Even accepting the generous average revenue per seat including the main stand, this would justify maybe £48m to £60m development cost.

I would say it's tight particularly since the actual revenue per seat won't be as high as the Main Stand. What might be the only thing that makes it work is another interest-free loan from the owners.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul by factoring in the big earning seats in the Main Stand doesn't make sense ie., it doesn't make sense for the main stand to subsidise the ARE.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:55:44 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #437 on: July 17, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
Really hope this gets the go ahead from FSG. Would make the ground a bit more complete and also take away another 5/600 restricted view seats. Wouldn't be that many left in the whole ground then

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #438 on: July 17, 2016, 09:16:11 pm »
I suppose it depends on approach FSG are taking to the business case. If the case covers both stands under the premise that there is scope for reasonable expansion to a sweet spot of just under 60k then it wouldn't necessarily be a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul, but recognising that the stadium itself is a whole and being treated as such. FSG may have made their decision based on the both stands combined and are content to live with slightly reduced profit than if only the Main Stand had been developed. 

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #439 on: July 17, 2016, 09:42:00 pm »
Because of the potential views over the park, you could do something quite cool with the ARE with a bit of thought. Something a bit like the views over Central Park in NY. Residential has been mentioned before or maybe conference space, office space. I reckon they have something in mind.