Author Topic: European homes  (Read 446891 times)

Offline ste7391

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: European homes
« Reply #1960 on: April 26, 2019, 08:08:58 am »
Are we expecting anymore?

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1961 on: April 26, 2019, 08:32:27 am »
Be a handful I think. I don’t remember many coming back from Roma last year. But I was lucky to get a spare so wasn’t checking everyday

Offline scoreinaminute

• Anny Roader
  • "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic." Emlyn
« Reply #1962 on: April 26, 2019, 08:35:29 am »
Just sent this to the club. Don’t expect a reply but made me feel better to get it off my chest  ::)

To Whom It May Concern

I just wanted to query how it is possible that I am on the verge of losing 15 years worth of European loyalty. I have bought under my membership number, every European match in both the Champions League and Europa League including qualifiers since we played Bayer Leverkusen at home in the Champions League round of 16 in 2004. I always joined the Auto Cup Scheme after it was introduced to ensure I didn’t have continue to go through the rat race of pressing F5 (refresh) to try and get tickets once they went on sale.

However, at the start of this season I was unable to get to a PC on the day the ATS for Europe reopened (due to work) and I was gutted to find that it sold out (by the time I could reach a PC) despite my 14 years (at this point) of never having missed a European home match and having every match in those 14 years recorded on my members card (you can check this for proof - 1XXXXXX3).

I was told when I called the ticket office last summer that people who managed to get six home matches on their card on the road to Kiev (which I took seven flights to get to and get home I hasten to add) were just as eligible as me to join the ATS despite the fact I had 14 years of European loyalty compared to their six matches (is this really fair?).

Now this season I have toiled and eventually managed to secure tickets through the website for all five Champions League matches to date. However, I missed out yesterday (Thursday 25th) when trying to purchase the Barcelona home semi final.

I know there may be some returns which I am relying on now to get a ticket but the fact that the allocation for UEFA goes up the nearer the final we get means that I potentially not only risk not getting a ticket for the semi final but I also risk losing all of the European loyalty I have built up since 2004, which would have the subsequent knock on effect of me not being able to join the European auto ticket scheme next season because I would only have five credits for this season.

Basically I stand on the verge of not being able to get a ticket for future European matches because of this as it’s unlikely that members with just five tickets would be able to buy tickets on general sale next season as it probably wouldn’t go below members with six credits.

I have spent thousands of pounds following the club in Europe both home and on occasions away (Istanbul, Athens, Marseille, Milan, Arsenal and Kiev) but I despair that I’m realistically about to lose my 15 years loyalty. It wouldn’t happen to a season ticket holder would it? But then I’m a lowly member not a season ticket holder.

However, and I have heard this gripe on many of the LFC forums including redandwhitekop.com from many fans, why do STH’s who haven’t bothered to attend any of the previous Champions League matches this season get priority to buy tickets for the round f 16, quarter final or semi final over members with all credits to date?

It’s a flawed and unfair system as a member wouldn’t be able to get a league match ticket  of their choosing at the expense of a season ticket holder. It surely should work both ways.

If a season ticket holder doesn’t wish to attend the group stages of the Champions League why should they still gain priority over members who did and then be able to buy tickets to the last 16, quarter final and semi final?

I can’t express how frustrated I am at this moment and have attempted to convey my points in a calm and sensible manner. I’m desperate not to lose 15 years worth of loyalty as I’m sure I won’t be able to get that back.

Yours sincerely

Chris Davies
"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing." Shanks

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1963 on: April 26, 2019, 08:43:43 am »
Chris,

STHs with no loyalty DON'T get any priority over Members with loyalty at the latter stages of the competition. Its the Priority Right Holders (former Shareholders who sold to G+H during their take over) that can pick & choose. This was part of the original sale of shares agreement.

A suggestion I could give you if you don't get any luck is to buy the first home group game on one of the cheaper hospitality packages in August. That will get you back on the ladder for next year. You'll need to buy each game individually, but hospitality now counts towards future games on the Member card records, so that'd get you back on for next year.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:40 am »
In addition to Swoopy comments: I know scant consolation at the current moment but people with five will be guaranteed come the first match at home next season

Uefa and sponsors take far less so you’ll be fine

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1965 on: April 26, 2019, 08:59:44 am »
In addition to Swoopy comments: I know scant consolation at the current moment but people with five will be guaranteed come the first match at home next season

Uefa and sponsors take far less so you’ll be fine

You literally can't know that.

Offline scoreinaminute

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1966 on: April 26, 2019, 09:03:30 am »
Chris,

STHs with no loyalty DON'T get any priority over Members with loyalty at the latter stages of the competition. Its the Priority Right Holders (former Shareholders who sold to G+H during their take over) that can pick & choose. This was part of the original sale of shares agreement.

A suggestion I could give you if you don't get any luck is to buy the first home group game on one of the cheaper hospitality packages in August. That will get you back on the ladder for next year. You'll need to buy each game individually, but hospitality now counts towards future games on the Member card records, so that'd get you back on for next year.

Thanks mate, have never really thought of that option but good to know. Also good to know about the Priority Right Holders stuff, I was misinformed there. Cheers

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: April 26, 2019, 09:14:42 am »
You literally can't know that.

you can be 99.9% sure

UEFA themselves for a group game take 1725 less tickets for a group match than a semi final.

That alone will be enough to sort those stuck on five out as i think the general consensus is far less than that missed out on the sale yesterday

Add to that sponsors returns, hospitality returns and players returns for a group game  as opposed to a semi final and you can say with almost 100% certainty that those on five will be sorted without any bother. they wont get on the ACS but will get a ticket without too much hassle.

edit - PSG this year dropped to four as well and thats about as big a game as you can get first up in the groups
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:16:47 am by dudleyred »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1968 on: April 26, 2019, 09:25:44 am »
Do you think those already on the ACS will be guarenteed now to go back on it next season?

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1969 on: April 26, 2019, 09:26:06 am »
It shouldnt be an issue getting back on the ladder. I was in the same position last year with 5 credits. Didnt get one for Roma as they had all gone by the time I got through onto the page, but got back onto the ladder again with PSG and have all credits up to now. Problem is that there are a few hundred of us in the same boat which means we have no chance of getting onto the ACS for next season and we will be in the same position if we get to the semi final with a huge risk of missing out on the semi final, a potential final and then the ACS for the following season. I think that is why people are so frustrated.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1970 on: April 26, 2019, 09:27:25 am »
Do you think those already on the ACS will be guarenteed now to go back on it next season?

Yes. Unless they opt not to do it. I may be wrong, but pretty sure they opened it to all STH and Members with 6 and then to STH with no priority last summer before members with 5

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: April 26, 2019, 09:28:55 am »

Yes. Unless they opt not to do it. I may be wrong, but pretty sure they opened it to all STH and Members with 6 and then to STH with no priority last summer before members with 5

not quite right that....ACS always sells out so not all with 6 are guaranteed to get it. there are plenty who have 6 not on ACS so there will still be a scramble for it

edit: indeed scoreinaminute issues started from missing out on ACS with full credits

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1972 on: April 26, 2019, 09:30:55 am »
Barcelona ticket site showing what ours could be like

There's a general sale at 10am for tickets in their end I'm trying to get for my mate and it's currently a members sale but requires you to log in before you get into the queue and then when you are in the queue, it actually tells you a position.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: April 26, 2019, 09:31:19 am »
It shouldnt be an issue getting back on the ladder. I was in the same position last year with 5 credits. Didnt get one for Roma as they had all gone by the time I got through onto the page, but got back onto the ladder again with PSG and have all credits up to now. Problem is that there are a few hundred of us in the same boat which means we have no chance of getting onto the ACS for next season and we will be in the same position if we get to the semi final with a huge risk of missing out on the semi final, a potential final and then the ACS for the following season. I think that is why people are so frustrated.

oh couldnt agree more, its shite. what they should do now they know its getting closer and closer to a closed shop is start using previous season loyalty. Think claire alluded to this to in another thread. if you take loyalty over three years missing one game wont hurt you. that in turn discourages buying for loyalty. it also means people in the shit position of missing out on the semi dont get screwed the next season

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: April 26, 2019, 09:35:48 am »

No it won't be guaranteed, it was not this season.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1975 on: April 26, 2019, 09:40:40 am »
oh couldnt agree more, its shite. what they should do now they know its getting closer and closer to a closed shop is start using previous season loyalty. Think claire alluded to this to in another thread. if you take loyalty over three years missing one game wont hurt you. that in turn discourages buying for loyalty. it also means people in the shit position of missing out on the semi dont get screwed the next season

Yeah - lets see what they do. I'm not holding my breath though.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1976 on: April 26, 2019, 09:48:13 am »
No it won't be guaranteed, it was not this season.

I thought it wasn’t guarenteed last season as the year before more people got the credits with the main stand expansion!?

I was thinking a year on, it might have levelled itself out again

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: April 26, 2019, 10:36:08 am »
I thought it wasn’t guarenteed last season as the year before more people got the credits with the main stand expansion!?

I was thinking a year on, it might have levelled itself out again

might do but got to factor in season ticket holders can join if they want even if they have not been last season.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1978 on: April 26, 2019, 10:38:59 am »
you can be 99.9% sure

UEFA themselves for a group game take 1725 less tickets for a group match than a semi final.

That alone will be enough to sort those stuck on five out as i think the general consensus is far less than that missed out on the sale yesterday

Add to that sponsors returns, hospitality returns and players returns for a group game  as opposed to a semi final and you can say with almost 100% certainty that those on five will be sorted without any bother. they wont get on the ACS but will get a ticket without too much hassle.

edit - PSG this year dropped to four as well and thats about as big a game as you can get first up in the groups

That's also assuming the STH opt in stays the same.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: April 26, 2019, 12:08:57 pm »
That's also assuming the STH opt in stays the same.

Yes sure. No reason to think numbers would change massively either way but yes could do I guess

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: April 26, 2019, 12:28:43 pm »
just thinking on this - seems a bit off doing a local general sale if there are members with 5 missing out.

really those should be sorted before someone could get a ticket for the first time this season!

Offline ste7391

• Main Stander
« Reply #1981 on: April 26, 2019, 12:49:33 pm »
just thinking on this - seems a bit off doing a local general sale if there are members with 5 missing out.

really those should be sorted before someone could get a ticket for the first time this season!

I'm sorted myself but 100% agree with this. I understand the reasoning behind doing local sales and agree with the principle of it, but in this instance they should be trying to sort out those with 5 any way they can.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: April 26, 2019, 12:50:46 pm »
I'm sorted myself but 100% agree with this. I understand the reasoning behind doing local sales and agree with the principle of it, but in this instance they should be trying to sort out those with 5 any way they can.

Could do local sale for those with 5. No issue there at all

Offline MaskedBenitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: April 26, 2019, 02:43:10 pm »
:'(

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: April 26, 2019, 03:04:53 pm »
did some digging on the tickets for UEFA

67.09 For every UEFA Champions League and play-off match, the clubs undertake to
provide UEFA with the following numbers of complimentary tickets to the VIP
area, including hospitality, for UEFA and the partners:
a. Play-offs: 10
b. Group matches: 50
c. Round of 16 matches: 50
d. Quarter-finals: 50
e. Semi-finals: 50

67.10 This number of tickets and hospitality passes must not exceed 10% of the VIP area
seating capacity. In such a case, any difference must be offset by tickets (including
hospitality) in the highest category. All such tickets must be in one block, in a
section located between the two 16m lines. Upon request, clubs must locate up to
five of UEFA’s VIP ticket holders in the best possible seats next to the UEFA match
delegate and/or the club’s highest level executives (for example, the club
president or chief executive officer).
XII – Exploitation of the Commercial Rights 59

67.11 Likewise, a number of complimentary tickets in the highest category, stated
below, in one block, in a section located between the two 16m lines, must be
provided to UEFA for its own use, as well as for the use of partners. The following
numbers of complimentary tickets must be provided:
a. Play-offs: 50
b. Group matches: 330, plus up to 42 which UEFA may purchase at retail price.
c. Round of 16 matches: 380, plus up to 45 which UEFA may purchase at retail
price.
d. Quarter-finals: 425, plus up to 52 which UEFA may purchase at retail price.
e. Semi-finals: 475, plus up to 51 which UEFA may purchase at retail price.

67.12 In addition, UEFA and the partners must be given the opportunity to acquire, at
face value, an agreed number of retail tickets, whereby tickets in the next highest
category must also be situated in one block and in a central section (i.e. not
behind the goal):
a. Play-offs: minimum of 350 top-category retail tickets, 370 retail tickets in the
next highest category and 220 retail tickets in the third highest category;
b. Group matches: minimum of 308 top-category retail tickets, 370 retail tickets
in the next highest category and 230 retail tickets in the third highest
category;
c. Round of 16 matches: minimum of 365 top-category retail tickets, 460 retail
tickets in the next highest category and 360 retail tickets in the third highest
category;
d. Quarter-finals: minimum of 608 top-category retail tickets, 710 retail tickets in
the next highest category and 640 retail tickets in the third highest category;
e. Semi-finals: minimum of 829 top-category retail tickets, 920 retail tickets in
the next highest category and 730 retail tickets in the third highest category.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/79/2558279_DOWNLOAD.pdf

all that by my maths adds up to UEFA having 572 more for the semi final than they did for the QF

Fair to assume a lot were returned for the QF due to the glamour of the tie in UEFA's eyes.

That said they get the same number of tickets for Ajax too so some will get returned nearer the game as unlikely to be used for both. Some always get returned but we have to provide this many to start with

Think I had some UEFA goons in front of me at the Porto game. Suited up and they had the official team sheet printed out.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: April 26, 2019, 03:16:49 pm »
Just sent this to the club. Don’t expect a reply but made me feel better to get it off my chest  ::)

To Whom It May Concern

I just wanted to query how it is possible that I am on the verge of losing 15 years worth of European loyalty. I have bought under my membership number, every European match in both the Champions League and Europa League including qualifiers since we played Bayer Leverkusen at home in the Champions League round of 16 in 2004. I always joined the Auto Cup Scheme after it was introduced to ensure I didn’t have continue to go through the rat race of pressing F5 (refresh) to try and get tickets once they went on sale.

However, at the start of this season I was unable to get to a PC on the day the ATS for Europe reopened (due to work) and I was gutted to find that it sold out (by the time I could reach a PC) despite my 14 years (at this point) of never having missed a European home match and having every match in those 14 years recorded on my members card (you can check this for proof - 1XXXXXX3).

I was told when I called the ticket office last summer that people who managed to get six home matches on their card on the road to Kiev (which I took seven flights to get to and get home I hasten to add) were just as eligible as me to join the ATS despite the fact I had 14 years of European loyalty compared to their six matches (is this really fair?).

Now this season I have toiled and eventually managed to secure tickets through the website for all five Champions League matches to date. However, I missed out yesterday (Thursday 25th) when trying to purchase the Barcelona home semi final.

I know there may be some returns which I am relying on now to get a ticket but the fact that the allocation for UEFA goes up the nearer the final we get means that I potentially not only risk not getting a ticket for the semi final but I also risk losing all of the European loyalty I have built up since 2004, which would have the subsequent knock on effect of me not being able to join the European auto ticket scheme next season because I would only have five credits for this season.

Basically I stand on the verge of not being able to get a ticket for future European matches because of this as it’s unlikely that members with just five tickets would be able to buy tickets on general sale next season as it probably wouldn’t go below members with six credits.

I have spent thousands of pounds following the club in Europe both home and on occasions away (Istanbul, Athens, Marseille, Milan, Arsenal and Kiev) but I despair that I’m realistically about to lose my 15 years loyalty. It wouldn’t happen to a season ticket holder would it? But then I’m a lowly member not a season ticket holder.

However, and I have heard this gripe on many of the LFC forums including redandwhitekop.com from many fans, why do STH’s who haven’t bothered to attend any of the previous Champions League matches this season get priority to buy tickets for the round f 16, quarter final or semi final over members with all credits to date?

It’s a flawed and unfair system as a member wouldn’t be able to get a league match ticket  of their choosing at the expense of a season ticket holder. It surely should work both ways.

If a season ticket holder doesn’t wish to attend the group stages of the Champions League why should they still gain priority over members who did and then be able to buy tickets to the last 16, quarter final and semi final?

I can’t express how frustrated I am at this moment and have attempted to convey my points in a calm and sensible manner. I’m desperate not to lose 15 years worth of loyalty as I’m sure I won’t be able to get that back.

Yours sincerely

Chris Davies

You're quite a bit misinformed here mate

Offline scoreinaminute

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1986 on: April 26, 2019, 03:21:44 pm »
Yes I’ve already been told that I got it wrong with regard to the STH’s bit but apart from that it’s still a flawed system imo!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: April 26, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »
Yes I’ve already been told that I got it wrong with regard to the STH’s bit but apart from that it’s still a flawed system imo!

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried in falling off the ladder next season though. You will have to be very unlucky with the draw. But like some have said even PSG first game this season dropped to 4, so you shouldn't be losing that 15 years of loyalty, although will be a ballache having to do it individually rather than having ACS obviously.

Hope you get sorted for Barca eventually.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1988 on: April 26, 2019, 03:34:41 pm »
Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried in falling off the ladder next season though. You will have to be very unlucky with the draw. But like some have said even PSG first game this season dropped to 4, so you shouldn't be losing that 15 years of loyalty, although will be a ballache having to do it individually rather than having ACS obviously.

Hope you get sorted for Barca eventually.
From memory PSG dropped to 3 and if we get a better first group game that’ll drop even more,

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1989 on: April 30, 2019, 07:55:50 am »
Did anyone see anything go up yesterday? If anyone sees anything or gets 2 in the basket DM me please. Missed out on last years semi and at the minute looks like the same again

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1990 on: April 30, 2019, 08:15:05 am »
Didn’t see anything go up. And not expecting anything until Friday to be honest

I’m in the exact same situation as you but only after a single so will keep looking

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1991 on: April 30, 2019, 09:25:01 am »
Didn’t see anything go up. And not expecting anything until Friday to be honest

I’m in the exact same situation as you but only after a single so will keep looking

I'll DM you if I get anything then

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1992 on: April 30, 2019, 09:26:30 am »
Nice one. I'll do the same. Im checking regularly throughout each day

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1993 on: April 30, 2019, 10:07:07 am »
 I have just been diagnosed with 'F5 Finger'...

Offline scoreinaminute

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1994 on: April 30, 2019, 04:55:35 pm »
Out of interest have you seen any blocks turn back to red with any seats since you've been getting RSI in your finger? We haven't yet. Same question to anybody still looking for Barca home?

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1995 on: April 30, 2019, 05:16:51 pm »
Not seen a thing. I don’t think anything will be put on until after local sale and everyone gets back from the away game on Friday. But will keep persevering

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1996 on: April 30, 2019, 05:36:27 pm »
Not seen anything in 2 days

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1997 on: April 30, 2019, 05:37:44 pm »
Not a thing.. was the same for Bayern - It was the Friday before anything turned up

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #1998 on: May 1, 2019, 02:47:22 pm »
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know how I can start a new post for a hotel room booking on Tuesday 7th in Liverpool.

I've booked a room and am no longer able to stop overnight and can't get a refund, so would like to put a post up for it.

Any help would be appreciated?

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1999 on: May 2, 2019, 06:39:50 am »
Might suddenly be a few spares for this now from some quarters
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19