Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2596239 times)

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12400 on: May 18, 2018, 12:59:46 pm »
;D ;D

You guys have done well over the past few years, but getting aspirations of rising above your station....time to wind your neck in, i'm pretty sure we've more league titles against all your trophies.... ever.

You're Everton 'lite' - time to get back in your box.

Aspirations above their station? What are they supposed to do? Not dream? Not have ambitions of being a top club? I'm not a big fan of Spurs, but come on.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12401 on: May 18, 2018, 01:34:25 pm »
Aspirations above their station? What are they supposed to do? Not dream? Not have ambitions of being a top club? I'm not a big fan of Spurs, but come on.

Let them win something silver - then shout about it..... before even daring to being in a hairs breath of the word 'Liverpool football club' yes they should dream, they should imagine 18 league trophies and 5 European Cups....that's what dreams are made of.  :wave :wave

Shite insignificant club.... still are.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #12402 on: May 18, 2018, 02:07:38 pm »
Let them win something silver - then shout about it..... before even daring to being in a hairs breath of the word 'Liverpool football club' yes they should dream, they should imagine 18 league trophies and 5 European Cups....that's what dreams are made of.  :wave :wave

Shite insignificant club.... still are.

I get being proud of Liverpool's achievements .

I get no being arsed about Spurs.

I don't get Spurs fans looking to creating rivalry with us.

But don't get the above. Just because Spurs haven't won as much as us doesn't make them an 'shite insignificant club'. They have been and still are one of the biggest clubs in this country. They've won 15 major honours. Not looked but doubt there's many teams who have won more.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12403 on: May 18, 2018, 02:10:12 pm »

But don't get the above. Just because Spurs haven't won as much as us doesn't make them an 'shite insignificant club'. They have been and still are one of the biggest clubs in this country. They've won 15 major honours. Not looked but doubt there's many teams who have won more.

They're the seventh most successful in England - https://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-successful-clubs-in-english-football-history/.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12404 on: May 18, 2018, 02:11:57 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12405 on: May 18, 2018, 02:15:09 pm »

:lmao

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12406 on: May 18, 2018, 02:37:58 pm »
They're the seventh most successful in England - https://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-successful-clubs-in-english-football-history/.

I'm really not arsed about Spurs but I'd say 7th most successful club is quite good personally.

If that's an insignificant shite club then I'm not sure how you would describe the other 90 or so professional clubs in England.

Whilst not being arsed about Spurs I will rally against the attitude that they are a shit club. In the same way I'd rally against Chelsea, City supporters saying we are no longer a big club because we've won 1 trophy in nearly 12 seasons.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12407 on: May 18, 2018, 02:50:43 pm »

This may get me labelled a "Spurs-lover" or something similar, but I agree with the above. Spurs are a club with a proud history, a "big" club if you will. Not as "big" as us historically, but to be honest I find all the footy club cock-measuring stuff tedious as fuck, whoever it's coming from. We're Liverpool, we're great. Actually we're better than that, we're fucking ace, but we don't need to go trumpeting it all the time, we should just know it and accept it. Other clubs can believe what they like about their relative "size," whether historically or by some other intangible metric that I don't really understand. If they also want to regard themselves as "big," then why should it matter to us? Who gives a fuck really?

Yeah, the manufacturing a rivalry is weird as anything, but if it makes them happy they can go for it. We can just ignore them. We don't, judging by the size of this thread (and I'm as guilty as anyone), and it's probably indicative of them having genuinely become a good side over the last few years, but maybe we should. I think it's amusing that some on that board that screenshots were posted of genuinely seem to believe that we're massively bothered by them, but if it makes them happy then so be it. Don't really care.

Personally, I like to give them a modicum of respect, in the same way that I'll give respect to any team whose style of play I like. Them and City are the only other English clubs whose games I'll happily watch out of choice if we're not playing, and I think there's something to be said for that. I think they've also done pretty well over the past few years with a relatively small transfer budget and a wage budget half of most other top six clubs, so kudos there too. Yeah, their diving and snidery at Anfield was shitty and some of their fans are hugely irritating, but our players go down softly too at times (not as frequently, but it happens) and I'm sure loads of their fans find us irritating too.

Generally though, I just can't find it within myself to care too much one way or the other about Spurs. As Jookie said, the rivalry, for me at least, is pretty much: Everton/Utd--------------Chelsea----------------the rest. Spurs don't come into it, and I doubt they ever will.

With all that said, it still bothers me hugely that Megalane will be bigger than Anfield. I mean, one stadium being bigger than another? Awful, awful stuff for the club which has the smaller stadium, incredibly embarrassing, devastating, a modern tragedy in three parts. Might as well get it over with and commit collective Seppuku now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:03:11 pm by Djozer »

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12408 on: May 18, 2018, 03:04:43 pm »
snip

Sounds like you should go and support Spurs if you love them so much  ;)

Well said and exactly how I feel.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #12409 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:00 pm »
I'm really not arsed about Spurs but I'd say 7th most successful club is quite good personally.

If that's an insignificant shite club then I'm not sure how you would describe the other 90 or so professional clubs in England.

Whilst not being arsed about Spurs I will rally against the attitude that they are a shit club. In the same way I'd rally against Chelsea, City supporters saying we are no longer a big club because we've won 1 trophy in nearly 12 seasons.

The other 90 or so aren't giving it Billy Big Balls after a draw in Turin.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12410 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:33 pm »
This may get me labelled a "Spurs-lover" or something similar, but I agree with the above. Spurs are a club with a proud history, a "big" club if you will. Not as "big" as us historically, but to be honest I find all the footy club cock-measuring stuff tedious as fuck, whoever it's coming from. We're Liverpool, we're great. Actually we're better than that, we're fucking ace, but we don't need to go trumpeting it all the time, we should just know it and accept it. Other clubs can believe what they like about their relative "size," whether historically or by some other intangible metric that I don't really understand. If they also want to regard themselves as "big," then why should it matter to us? Who gives a fuck really?

Yeah, the manufacturing a rivalry is weird as anything, but if it makes them happy they can go for it. We can just ignore them. We don't, judging by the size of this thread (and I'm as guilty as anyone), and it's probably indicative of them having genuinely become a good side over the last few years, but maybe we should. I think it's amusing that some on that board that screenshots were posted of genuinely seem to believe that we're massively bothered by them, but if it makes them happy then so be it. Don't really care.

Personally, I like to give them a modicum of respect, in the same way that I'll give respect to any team whose style of play I like. Them and City are the only other English clubs whose games I'll happily watch out of choice if we're not playing, and I think there's something to be said for that. I think they've also done pretty well over the past few years with a relatively small transfer budget and a wage budget half of most other top six clubs, so kudos there too. Yeah, their diving and snidery at Anfield was shitty and some of their fans are hugely irritating, but our players go down softly too at times (not as frequently, but it happens) and I'm sure loads of their fans find us irritating too.

:puke2
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12411 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:36 pm »
Spurs and Man City don't like us because we are direct rivals and at the moment they've had better seasons than us (Many City for sure, Spurs I'd say they have not, but their fans probably disagree). However, we could prove to have better season than either of them 8 days from now.  They're desperate for us to lose.

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12412 on: May 18, 2018, 03:18:19 pm »

Spot on.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #12413 on: May 18, 2018, 03:18:55 pm »
Spurs and Man City don't like us because we are direct rivals and at the moment they've had better seasons than us (Many City for sure, Spurs I'd say they have not, but their fans probably disagree). However, we could prove to have better season than either of them 8 days from now.  They're desperate for us to lose.

I think some of their fans have started to pretend that they are somewhat on our level when it comes to being big clubs. Which they are nowhere near.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12414 on: May 18, 2018, 03:22:40 pm »

Why are you arsed about that? And are you talking about Spurs fans on social media?

Because if you are taking about Spurs fans on Twitter etc. then they may not be representative of the entire fanbase. In the same way most of the vocal meffs who support us on Twitter are not representative of our match going fans.

I don't get this one upmanship about absolutely everything in football nowadays. I'm only arsed about us, United and Everton. All other teams mean fuck all to me. I can't get het up about them at all. However, I'm self aware enough to know that not every club that is smaller than us (basically everyone apart from united) is an 'insignificant shite club'.

What would you think if Real Madrid fans said that about us? Compared to 33 league titles, 19 domestic cups & 12 European cups we've not won anything like them. Should we be giving it the 'billy big bollocks' because we beat Roma. Of course we fucking should. And so should Spurs when they beat Juve. It was a bug thing for me. The key is to take no fucking notice of them because they don't matter.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:28:55 pm by Jookie »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12415 on: May 18, 2018, 03:32:57 pm »
I think some of their fans have started to pretend that they are somewhat on our level when it comes to being big clubs. Which they are nowhere near.

No, not even close.

But their dreams...

They aspire to be us, and also despise us for who we are.

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12416 on: May 18, 2018, 03:36:56 pm »
Why are you arsed about that? And are you talking about Spurs fans on social media?

I don't get this one upmanship about absolutely everything in football nowadays. I'm only arsed about us, United and Everton. All other teams mean fuck all to me. I can't get het up about them at all. However, I'm self aware enough to know that not every club that is smaller than us (basically everyone apart from united) is an 'insignificant shite club'.

And yet, here you are on a Spurs thread.....

They've had several decent seasons, but they are an insignificant shite club....full of bellwhiffs who have come out of all 4 corners of the shit slip stream....so yes, i'll be damned if i don't put 'Primativ' and his mates back in his box when they think they can dine off the scraps of our table.

Shite nothing club, won 2 trophies in what? 30 years.... yup up there with Everton.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12417 on: May 18, 2018, 03:45:38 pm »

Because if you are taking about Spurs fans on Twitter etc. then they may not be representative of the entire fanbase. In the same way most of the vocal meffs who support us on Twitter are not representative of our match going fans.

What would you think if Real Madrid fans said that about us? Compared to 33 league titles, 19 domestic cups & 12 European cups we've not won anything like them. Should we be giving it the 'billy big bollocks' because we beat Roma. Of course we fucking should. And so should Spurs when they beat Juve. It was a bug thing for me. The key is to take no fucking notice of them because they don't matter.

I'm not arsed, I think it's funny. Part of the joy of the game is in mercilessly taking the piss.

This is basic stuff and if you are too snooty to join in then that's not my problem so spare us the sanctimonious lectures. This is a Liverpool forum, and we expect to take the piss. It's our fucking cultural heritage so naff off and bore someone else.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12418 on: May 18, 2018, 03:50:47 pm »
And yet, here you are on a Spurs thread.....

They've had several decent seasons, but they are an insignificant shite club....full of bellwhiffs who have come out of all 4 corners of the shit slip stream....so yes, i'll be damned if i don't put 'Primativ' and his mates back in his box when they think they can dine off the scraps of our table.

Shite nothing club, won 2 trophies in what? 30 years.... yup up there with Everton.
I don't mean to have a go mate, but why do you feel the need to 'put Primativ and his mates back in his box'? Yeah, Primativ himself can be a bit of a tit but most other Spurs fans on here seem pretty sound. Does it really bother you if some of them take enjoyment out of some good results for their team?

I honestly can't see why anyone would care enough to feel the need to slap them down because 'they're not a big club' or whatever. Fuck it, let them have their happiness. Or don't, and keep the tribal sniping dialled up to eleven. Makes no odds in the greater scheme of things, I guess.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #12419 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:55 pm »

um....yeah, about that
Believer

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12420 on: May 18, 2018, 03:53:26 pm »
I don't mean to have a go mate, but why do you feel the need to 'put Primativ and his mates back in his box'? Yeah, Primativ himself can be a bit of a tit but most other Spurs fans on here seem pretty sound. Does it really bother you if some of them take enjoyment out of some good results for their team?

I honestly can't see why anyone would care enough to feel the need to slap them down because 'they're not a big club' or whatever. Fuck it, let them have their happiness. Or don't, and keep the tribal sniping dialled up to eleven. Makes no odds in the greater scheme of things, I guess.

*yawn* points you to the above post....oh and the shithousery of how they behaved when we played them earlier this year.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12421 on: May 18, 2018, 04:08:18 pm »
I'm not arsed, I think it's funny. Part of the joy of the game is in mercilessly taking the piss.

Is right.

I had no idea so many of our own were Spurs fans though, apologies for any offence said piss-taking has caused. COYS!!!! or something

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12422 on: May 18, 2018, 04:12:48 pm »

This is basic stuff and if you are too snooty to join in then that's not my problem so spare us the sanctimonious lectures. This is a Liverpool forum, and we expect to take the piss. It's our fucking cultural heritage so naff off and bore someone else.

So this entire forum is just for taking the piss?

I don't come into contact with any Spurs fans in general life. Up until I was 21 I had only actually met Liverpool and Everton fans but but going the game I understood our rivalry with United. No other team really matters in the grand scheme of things.

I just don't understand why anyone is arsed about Spurs and why you'd want to create a rivalry with them. That was my original point before responding to A-bomb.

I'll leave this thread and go and bore someone else. Probably not about Spurs. You and A-bomb can carry on with the metaphorical dick measuring competition in here and be arsed about Spurs and what their fans think. I honestly could;t give a fuck.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12423 on: May 18, 2018, 04:20:51 pm »
So this entire forum is just for taking the piss?

I don't come into contact with any Spurs fans in general life. Up until I was 21 I had only actually met Liverpool and Everton fans but but going the game I understood our rivalry with United. No other team really matters in the grand scheme of things.

I just don't understand why anyone is arsed about Spurs and why you'd want to create a rivalry with them. That was my original point before responding to A-bomb.

I'll leave this thread and go and bore someone else. Probably not about Spurs. You and A-bomb can carry on with the metaphorical dick measuring competition in here and be arsed about Spurs and what their fans think. I honestly could;t give a fuck.

Your lack of giving a fuck is noted.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12424 on: May 18, 2018, 08:06:39 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12425 on: May 18, 2018, 09:30:27 pm »

Madrid can say whatever the fuck they like about us but my reply will always be that they wouldn't have won half of those were it not for the Fascists.

As for not caring,you cared enough to type all of that.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12426 on: May 18, 2018, 11:33:53 pm »

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12427 on: May 19, 2018, 02:28:32 am »
Says the man posting a message about the team he doesn't give a crap about on a 300+ page topic  ;D
Ah, come on Tommy. The thread is four years old. so, not exactly a thriving hive of activity.

You know what it's like with the internet. Time on your hands. Trawl through a few topics to see what's going on. Maybe comment or maybe not. I actually posted a comment on another forum about prawn cocktail crisps recently, but I don't really give a crap about them either.  ;)

In all seriousness; you currently have a good side playing attractive football. I just don't think we have any real rivalry apart from over the three points when we play each other. We haven't been going head-to-head for the big prizes on any long term basis, we are not local to each other either. We are just two clubs who play each other twice a season and on the odd occasion in a cup. We have no real rivalry to speak of other than that. Just my subjective opinion, of course.  :)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #12428 on: May 19, 2018, 02:33:16 am »
Ah, come on Tommy. The thread is four years old. so, not exactly a thriving hive of activity.

You know what it's like with the internet. Time on your hands. Trawl through a few topics to see what's going on. Maybe comment or maybe not. I actually posted a comment on another forum about prawn cocktail crisps recently, but I don't really give a crap about them either.  ;)

In all seriousness; you currently have a good side playing attractive football. I just don't think we have any real rivalry apart from over the three points when we play each other. We haven't been going head-to-head for the big prizes on any long term basis, we are not local to each other either. We are just two clubs who play each other twice a season and on the odd occasion in a cup. We have no real rivalry to speak of other than that. Just my subjective opinion, of course.  :)

And what did you have to say about them? I hate them, so if you posted in favour of them then consider this rivalry well and truly on.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12429 on: May 19, 2018, 02:42:33 am »
And what did you have to say about them? I hate them, so if you posted in favour of them then consider this rivalry well and truly on.
:nirnir  I was most definitely in favour.  *Throws down gauntlet*
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12430 on: May 19, 2018, 03:47:56 am »

No you didn’t, I clearly saw Mr. Touch throw that.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #12431 on: May 19, 2018, 07:05:57 am »

That's it. I'm deleting my RAWK account. If you need me I'll be on Glory Glory calling you a filthy prawn cocktail crisp loving loserpool wanker.
We beat Real Madrid

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #12432 on: May 19, 2018, 08:30:16 am »
That's it. I'm deleting my RAWK account. If you need me I'll be on Glory Glory calling you a filthy prawn cocktail crisp loving loserpool wanker.
;D

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12433 on: May 19, 2018, 12:48:49 pm »
First pitch tray slid out today. Can see its already got the sand in ready for the pitch.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #12434 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:53 pm »
That does look like a nice stadium to be fair
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12435 on: May 19, 2018, 12:56:36 pm »
Live 24 hour stream of the stadium build.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/el7soiW4j_U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/el7soiW4j_U</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12436 on: May 19, 2018, 01:03:26 pm »
I preferred the livestream of that puddle in Newcastle.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12437 on: May 19, 2018, 01:05:16 pm »
That does look like a nice stadium to be fair

It's growing on me! It's got a bit more to it than your average bowl - the stands are all reasonably distinctive. Particularly the South Stand obviously. The only bit I really didn't like were the dips in the corners - too similar to the Emirates! I guess they'd struggle to fit the screens anywhere else though.

The main thing is the stands are pretty close to the pitch for a modern stadium. I think that was always gonna be the main worry. So hard to create an atmosphere when you're sat miles away.

Online dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #12438 on: May 19, 2018, 01:13:53 pm »
It's growing on me! It's got a bit more to it than your average bowl - the stands are all reasonably distinctive. Particularly the South Stand obviously. The only bit I really didn't like were the dips in the corners - too similar to the Emirates! I guess they'd struggle to fit the screens anywhere else though.

The main thing is the stands are pretty close to the pitch for a modern stadium. I think that was always gonna be the main worry. So hard to create an atmosphere when you're sat miles away.

A good post to oust yourself as a WUM :D
"your average bowl" indeed  :tosser

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12439 on: May 19, 2018, 01:52:14 pm »
A good post to oust yourself as a WUM :D
"your average bowl" indeed  :tosser

What have I missed? You don't appear to be a West Ham fan....and if I was having a dig at them I wouldn't have said average in regard to the Olympic Stadium as a football venue ;D