Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605506 times)

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12560 on: May 31, 2018, 08:15:40 pm »
It's not like Levy is gonna leak to journos Pochettino has a release clause even if he has one.
No doubt. At the same time, it would be right out of the Real/Barca tapping up playbook to "leak" spurious details about a fake release clause in the contract of a manager or player they were after.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12561 on: May 31, 2018, 08:16:18 pm »
I don't think that's necessarily true. Pochettino might not want the job at this point of his career. In the same way that he ruled out the Argentina job a while back.

Lets face it, chances are the job will be up for grabs again in another year or two anyway!
Or he might really want it..

He wasn’t happy at the end of the season...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #12562 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:36 pm »
Brodge to Spurs nailed on replacement.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12563 on: May 31, 2018, 08:33:19 pm »
I don't think that's necessarily true. Pochettino might not want the job at this point of his career. In the same way that he ruled out the Argentina job a while back.

Lets face it, chances are the job will be up for grabs again in another year or two anyway!

That’s wishful thinking.
He is good and ambitious, he’ll take it if offered.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12564 on: May 31, 2018, 08:38:22 pm »
That’s wishful thinking.
He is good and ambitious, he’ll take it if offered.

Out of interest, would you feel the same if they came knocking for Klopp?

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #12565 on: May 31, 2018, 08:42:21 pm »
Think it's all a load of nonsense personally. If he wanted the Madrid job why didn't he wait until after the Champions League final to sign a new contract? Zidane would almost certainly have been given his marching orders if he'd lost.

Maybe Spurs / Levy pressured him into signing the new deal knowing they could screw bigger compo out of Madrid.

Fat Sam is available to take over at the lane.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12566 on: May 31, 2018, 08:43:43 pm »

I don't actually think Pochettino will go there, but regards Kloppo, there is zero suggestion that he has any interest in coaching in Spain - let alone a team like Real Mardid, very far removed from the jobs he coverts.

Whereas I guess people feel Pochettino would be very intersted in a top job in Spain.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12567 on: May 31, 2018, 08:44:57 pm »
Klopp wouldn’t go there so it’s a pointless question.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #12568 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:24 pm »

Club size and stature come into it.  Real Madrid are giants of the game, Liverpool are giants of the game, Spurs are giants in North London.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #12569 on: May 31, 2018, 08:53:16 pm »
Pochettino might not want the job at this point of his career.

Don't do that to yourself mate. He will want to go if the job is up for grabs.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #12570 on: May 31, 2018, 09:00:34 pm »

Klopp doesn't have that reverence of the Spanish big 2 like Poch and almost all football people from the Latin countries seem to have and a lot of powerful football people from other places as well, just not to the same degree. If he wanted to he would have went there before Rafa in the summer of 2015. But mostly he likes working with players with manageable egos. He by all accounts was the first person who wanted Coutinho gone after his desires became clear. No desire to manage his ego at that point. Poch has shown no such issues.

We'll see though, could be a misread on all of our parts. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12571 on: May 31, 2018, 09:06:29 pm »
Klopp doesn't have that reverence of the Spanish big 2 like Poch and almost all football people from the Latin countries seem to have and a lot of powerful football people from other places as well, just not to the same degree. If he wanted to he would have went there before Rafa in the summer of 2015. But mostly he likes working with players with manageable egos. He by all accounts was the first person who wanted Coutinho gone after his desires became clear. No desire to manage his ego at that point. Poch has shown no such issues.

We'll see though, could be a misread on all of our parts.

Kloppo has no problem with egos, he managed Robert Lewandowski and Mats Hummels, 2 massive egos, not only coached them, but is friends with them to this day.

It's more that he can't speak Spanish for one thing, he always said when he was in Germany that the only other place he wanted to coach was in the prem, cos he liked the league but most imporant too - he has to be able to speak to his players!

And then of course, the most obvious thing for anyome who has followed his career - they are the opposite of what he looks for in a club. If you could pick a club who seems wrong for him, it's them, along with the plastic clubs like City and PSG.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12572 on: May 31, 2018, 09:09:53 pm »

I’d be bitter about it, but would probably see him going. Real is not Klopp’s cup of tea though, plus Liverpool is much better placed to compete for trophies then Spurs. So not quite the same.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #12573 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:17 pm »
Brodge to Spurs nailed on replacement.

Or Rafa :(

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #12574 on: May 31, 2018, 09:18:17 pm »
Poch and Kane to go ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12575 on: May 31, 2018, 09:20:05 pm »

Klopp has already said he has no interest working in Spain, due to the fact he cannot speak the language and he needs to be able to communicate with the players. I just cannot see him going to a club like Real Madrid, it's the opposite of everything he's about.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12576 on: May 31, 2018, 09:54:41 pm »
I dont know if Pochettino would be the right man for Real, hes never managed a big club before.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12577 on: May 31, 2018, 09:56:22 pm »
I dont know if Pochettino would be the right man for Real, hes never managed a big club before.

That's why I can't understand the link with Wenger either...

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12578 on: May 31, 2018, 10:04:59 pm »
Jheeeeeze

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12579 on: May 31, 2018, 10:08:10 pm »
Jheeeeeze

;D

Apparently Pochettino has a press conference in Barcelona tomorrow to promote his book anyway. Will be interesting to see what if anything is said.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12580 on: May 31, 2018, 10:09:53 pm »
Silva should have given it another couple of days. :)

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12581 on: May 31, 2018, 10:12:20 pm »
Come on Madrid, please get him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12582 on: May 31, 2018, 10:12:40 pm »
;D

Apparently Pochettino has a press conference in Barcelona tomorrow to promote his book anyway. Will be interesting to see what if anything is said.

Anything other than an outright denial is going to keep that rumour mill going Tommy, a nervous 24 hours for you.  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12583 on: May 31, 2018, 10:14:29 pm »

That's why I can't understand the link with Wenger either...

The North London Derby has arrived early.  ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12584 on: May 31, 2018, 10:16:46 pm »
;D

He still promoting that daft book from last year?  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12585 on: May 31, 2018, 10:23:05 pm »
He still promoting that daft book from last year?  ;D

That was Bouncing Back.

The new one is I, Pochettino (we need to talk about Mauricio)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #12586 on: May 31, 2018, 10:49:40 pm »
Are people wanting him to go to Madrid because they fear Spurs or are they thinking he will be on United’s list when Mourinho leaves?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #12587 on: May 31, 2018, 11:10:51 pm »
That was Bouncing Back.

The new one is I, Pochettino (we need to talk about Mauricio)

He does look like he’s had quite a lot of Toblerones.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12588 on: May 31, 2018, 11:12:10 pm »
Are people wanting him to go to Madrid because they fear Spurs or are they thinking he will be on United’s list when Mourinho leaves?

Surely nobody fears Spurs' ability to win trophies, rather it'd be nice if they stopped competing for a top 4 spot, ditto Chelsea.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12589 on: May 31, 2018, 11:21:51 pm »
Surely nobody fears Spurs' ability to win trophies, rather it'd be nice if they stopped competing for a top 4 spot, ditto Chelsea.

Especially as the Atletico Madrid of England has designs on a top 4 spot.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12590 on: June 1, 2018, 07:57:24 am »

Or just that it's always good to see a rival weakened?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12591 on: June 1, 2018, 08:05:21 am »

I'm not sure anyones particularly bothered either way

I think it'd be pretty funny just to see the furious backtracking from Spurs fans, but couldn't really give two fucks either way. Personally think they're in a position like when Arsenal moved into their new stadium, they need a manager to perform a minor miracle just to keep them in the hunt for the top four. There's no doubt their spending will take a bit of a hit, its just not realistic for it not to. And all of this when there's five other clubs with top managers all able to spend a LOT of money. And I honestly don't think there's a manager out there who could perform that miracle for them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #12592 on: June 1, 2018, 08:24:18 am »
The emotional rollercoaster that Spurs fans must be on must be something else. To go from loving Real Madrid 5 days ago to having their manager poached...lol.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12593 on: June 1, 2018, 09:09:42 am »
Isn't Delaney a bit of a bullshit merchant though? Can definitely imagine Real being interested in Poch mind, he's a bloody good manager. Bet he'd cost them an arm and a leg though, unless that rumour about a release clause in his new contract has some sort of validity. Guess Real don't really care about money though.

He's a good manager, but he took time to get the squad at spurs playing how he wanted and buying into his ideas, such an approach seems likely to struggle to work at a place like Real with their lack of patience and abundance of egos.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2018, 09:19:46 am by Skeeve »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12594 on: June 1, 2018, 09:35:39 am »

More the the crying and tantrums of spurs fans. Always a joy to see.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12595 on: June 1, 2018, 09:47:38 am »
He's a really good manager and I can see him going there. It'll be a mistake though. Taking the Madrid job is a hiding to nothing. You either have unparalleled success and are merely seen as 'good enough', or you fall short of the colossal standards required and get destroyed by the fanbase and spanish media. Going there after Zidane, Ronaldo and Bale leave makes it pretty certain that Poch would face the latter.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #12596 on: June 1, 2018, 09:51:39 am »
He's a really good manager and I can see him going there. It'll be a mistake though. Taking the Madrid job is a hiding to nothing. You either have unparalleled success and are merely seen as 'good enough', or you fall short of the colossal standards required and get destroyed by the fanbase and spanish media. Going there after Zidane, Ronaldo and Bale leave makes it pretty certain that Poch would face the latter.

I agree, think it would be the wrong move for him, he would be better suited to atheltico when simeone leaves - only 2 other challengers for the league and can compete in Europe. maybe also someone like Bayern as they seem to be wanting to focus on youth

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12597 on: June 1, 2018, 10:32:48 am »
After leading Spurs to the title of the greatest ever team over 2 seasons between September and February, Pochettino was always going to become a wanted man, I saw this coming.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #12598 on: June 1, 2018, 10:35:27 am »
After leading Spurs to the title of the greatest ever team over 2 seasons between September and February, Pochettino was always going to become a wanted man, I saw this coming.

Wenger to Spurs?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12599 on: June 1, 2018, 10:44:41 am »
Wenger to Spurs?

Hes won more than them, so it would be a massive step down for him.

On the plus side, he ll sell Kane and replace him with Iwobi.