Author Topic: Craig Johnston sixty minutes on lfc.tv  (Read 17757 times)

Offline yeah_jono

• Main Stander
  • The club found me in 92
Re: Craig Johnston sixty minutes on lfc.tv
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 03:21:03 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nRFfAgtBgCA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nRFfAgtBgCA</a>

Offline Godmadebloodred

• Legacy Fan
  • The Beanitezls
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2012, 04:02:13 am »
That's one of the most honest interviews I've seen!

Pity no questions were asked about his work in developing new football boots.

I've also heard that Craig was in a company that developed the technology that knows if you took any drinks from the mini-bar in hotel rooms.
a. anyone heard this story. Any truth to this.
b. Why wasn't this asked?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:06:20 am by Godmadebloodred »

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2012, 08:17:08 am »
That's one of the most honest interviews I've seen!

Pity no questions were asked about his work in developing new football boots.

I've also heard that Craig was in a company that developed the technology that knows if you took any drinks from the mini-bar in hotel rooms.
a. anyone heard this story. Any truth to this.
b. Why wasn't this asked?

Yeah that's true, the butler it was called and Craig invented that.
 Also went bankrupt and was left homeless after investing in a coaching school for kids that went tits up 
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Auspool

• Legacy Fan
  • We Came, We Saw We Never Walked Alone...
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:40 am »
Those that haven't read his book, do so - its a must read for any football fan let alone any Liverpool fan...
Don't lie, cheat or steal.  The Government doesn't like the competition...

Offline general change if that's easier

• Kopite
  • "And there will be four added minutes..."
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 10:55:33 am »
Amazing man and brilliant interview ruined by Matt Critchley. He skimmed over the defining year and a half of Johnston's football career and the most inspirational, in my view.

If you have the time, watch this video from 6:20 inwards, and then the second part below. This is what makes him my hero, and not just in football.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/psOo4t_oBRA&amp;fs=1&amp;start=380" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/psOo4t_oBRA&amp;fs=1&amp;start=380</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oE5N-9nXFtc&amp;feature=relmfu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oE5N-9nXFtc&amp;feature=relmfu</a>

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2012, 11:43:20 am »
Being Australian he is the reason I became a Liverpool supporter. Not only because of he nationality, but also because if his attitude. If our currently lot had half the determination and passion for our club, we wouldn't have been waiting this long for our next premier league title.

Ps. CJ, you were a long way from the worst player in the best team, and you were the most inspirational in an awe inspiring team. Head up champ, you were awesome to me and deserve all the plaudits people send your way.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 11:53:32 am »
Amazing man and brilliant interview ruined by Matt Critchley. He skimmed over the defining year and a half of Johnston's football career and the most inspirational, in my view.

Don't think it was his fault, there just wasn't enough time - which part of that would you have cut to fit in the extra stuff?

Offline Paul5star

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 01:15:51 pm »
What a great, great interview. Totally inspirational.

The interviewer allowed Craig to tell his story and didn't interupt as so many do.

Some people on here need to get a grip! They will moan about absolutely anything they can find.  :butt

The part about Hillsborough was so touching.

Love you Craig you're a diamond.

Offline general change if that's easier

• Kopite
  • "And there will be four added minutes..."
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 01:17:18 pm »
Don't think it was his fault, there just wasn't enough time - which part of that would you have cut to fit in the extra stuff?

Not so much cut out other stuff because what I'm talking about happens at around eight minutes in but he never gets the chance to explain how he went from being shot down by Jack Charlton to getting to Liverpool. There's just a huge chunk missing of four or so years as Critchley tries to emphasize just how bad Craig was, which I think gives the assumption that he was always poor and was signed by Liverpool also as a poor player, rather than show Johnston's unbelievable dedication to improving himself as a footballer in the Middlesborough car park for one and a half years while hiding from Jack Charlton as a lonesome teenager.

Offline chiplege

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:24 pm »
Not so much cut out other stuff because what I'm talking about happens at around eight minutes in but he never gets the chance to explain how he went from being shot down by Jack Charlton to getting to Liverpool. There's just a huge chunk missing of four or so years as Critchley tries to emphasize just how bad Craig was, which I think gives the assumption that he was always poor and was signed by Liverpool also as a poor player, rather than show Johnston's unbelievable dedication to improving himself as a footballer in the Middlesborough car park for one and a half years while hiding from Jack Charlton as a lonesome teenager.

What a man, they don't make many like that any more.  LEGEND

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 02:23:22 pm »

Definitely - a shame they didn't abandon the '60 minutes with' format and just filmed everything the guy has done in his life - even if it went to 3 hours they'd probably have struggled to get in everything - and it'd have still made for compelling viewing.

His radio interviews with Hawksbee and Jacobs were great - think he may have done similar with Andy Gray and Keys later too.

Hope he updates - or does a part two of his autobiography as well.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 02:25:43 pm »
Thought it was a good interview myself, just let him talk, which led to a few anecdotes and recollections that probably weren't related to the original question.

Very classy and lovely bloke, remember seeing that interview he did concerning the development of young players and what was wrong with the system in place in England, probably more passionate and knowledgeable than most of the people actually involved. He genuinely cares, proper legend.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 03:49:32 pm »

I do agree that the jump from the Jack Charlton story to signing for liverpool is very abrupt - so abrupt that I suspected they cut a chunk out to fit in some of the really touching bits at the end. If they didn't cut anything, then it is an odd "jump", but still had to be done to fit in the other stuff imo.

Anyhow,

Definitely - a shame they didn't abandon the '60 minutes with' format and just filmed everything the guy has done in his life - even if it went to 3 hours they'd probably have struggled to get in everything - and it'd have still made for compelling viewing.

Totally agree with this. Given that football channels don't tend to have a lot of original content, they might as well just make it as long as possible and split it into parts 1, 2 and 3 if needed.

Offline chiplege

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:13 pm »
I do agree that the jump from the Jack Charlton story to signing for liverpool is very abrupt - so abrupt that I suspected they cut a chunk out to fit in some of the really touching bits at the end. If they didn't cut anything, then it is an odd "jump", but still had to be done to fit in the other stuff imo.

Anyhow,

Totally agree with this. Given that football channels don't tend to have a lot of original content, they might as well just make it as long as possible and split it into parts 1, 2 and 3 if needed.

Watching it now on, shame he cut on the Middlesbrough bit, one of the best bits of his story!

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 07:33:37 am »
Brilliant interview from a genuine man. YNWA Craig

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »
Fantastic interview that. Any young kid in the youth teams wanting to make it all the way should be made watch it.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2012, 11:20:03 pm »
He comes over as a really top bloke. He used to drive me mad when he used to beat a man then cut back and try and beat him again instead of whipping a cross in. You could never fault him for effort or energy though and always seemed to enjoy the game. Great interview and brought a tear to the eye.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
  • In this moment i like it in this forum, for sure
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2012, 12:05:50 pm »
A witty,intelligent and engaging man. Humility and passion are two very endearing qualities in Craig. Always was one of my favourite players and this illustrates why. My brother is a Gooner and puts Craig among his favourite players too...interview was very moving. Among the best I've seen.
Rafa on THAT half time talk.  Language barriers aside, the greatest modesty and understatement in football history!!!

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:40 pm »
Incredible story. You won't find a more honest LFC player ever. It's the type of honesty and hard work that help makes you successful. Brings a tear to your eye for anyone that remembers his playing days.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2012, 03:10:25 pm »
CJ was one of my heroes too, both in and out of football. Still hunting that great QED bbc programme on the development of the predatot. Great man, retired at 27 - mental.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2012, 03:21:11 am »
He was a fantastic player to watch. He seems to knock his own skills and ability but from a fan's perspective he represents everything the shirt is about.

If we had a team full of Johnstone's we wouldn't be where we are in the league right now. That interview brings a tear to your eye. Incredible and humble man.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2012, 06:31:18 am »
Being Australian he is the reason I became a Liverpool supporter. Not only because of he nationality, but also because if his attitude. If our currently lot had half the determination and passion for our club, we wouldn't have been waiting this long for our next premier league title.

Ps. CJ, you were a long way from the worst player in the best team, and you were the most inspirational in an awe inspiring team. Head up champ, you were awesome to me and deserve all the plaudits people send your way.

yes im exactly there with you. im an Aussie too and when people ask why i support liverpool, my response is not only my family ties to the city, but because of Craig Johnston. He has done so much for Australian football, and i believe his contribution is massively underrated in Australia.

Such an inspiring man. Hope This is shown to the liverpool players of today

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #62 on: April 4, 2013, 12:21:57 pm »
Only caught this on tv last night, what a top guy Criag is.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #63 on: April 4, 2013, 12:44:11 pm »
Only caught this on tv last night, what a top guy Criag is.

I hope and expect him to be paraded around the MCG for that Australian Tour match. Maybe with some of the others of the '86 FA Cup Final team...Hansen, Dalglish, Rush, Molby, etc.

Just imagine the ovation.

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2020, 10:01:27 pm »
I am sorry to bring up an old thread.

I am actually looking for some help on this topic.

Craig Johnston is the reason I support Liverpool. And is someone a footballing idol of mine being Australian.

I have his life story etc. However, I wanted to show this particular interview to my young son and daughter. I remember him being the most humble guy in this particular interview, crediting the team he played with rather then being called a legend himself. So whilst he is inspirational, this interview shows his humbleness and his generosity giving everything up for his poorly sister.

Great lesson for young kids in all areas.

I was wondering if one of the more video friendly people on here may have a link to the interview.

I have been looking everywhere and have had no luck.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2020, 10:23:48 pm »
I absolutely loved the man Occy. Sill question but have you tried youtube, there's loads on there.
He's been on a couple of podcasts over the last year or so, the last one was quite sad about his life and his sister etc.
Not sure what he was on.

Sorry that's not a lot of help but I couldn't let a CJ thread drop down the page :)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2020, 11:00:58 pm »
Like John I think the world of the guy.

Just dug out a post I did in an old thread which really shows the sort of person he was. Heart on his sleeve both on and off the pitch.

Craig Johnston is an inspiring man.

The week after Hillsborough I was with my son and daughter placing my scarf on the barrier near my old spec on the Kop. As I looked to my right, stood a yard or so away on his own, both hands on the crush barrier gazing out over the pitch, was a guy in a leather jacket and jeans. It was Johnno. He turned to meet my gaze. He told me he'd just flown over from Australia simply to share in the grief of the club and people he loved. The tears welled in both our eyes as he told me. We instinctively hugged each other, tears trickling . I thanked him warmly for showing how much he cared and how much it meant. We left him standing there gazing across the Anfield pitch he had graced not that many years earlier.

That brief moment helped me enormously in dealing with what was happening.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2020, 11:54:25 pm »
I am sorry to bring up an old thread.

I am actually looking for some help on this topic.

Craig Johnston is the reason I support Liverpool. And is someone a footballing idol of mine being Australian.

I have his life story etc. However, I wanted to show this particular interview to my young son and daughter. I remember him being the most humble guy in this particular interview, crediting the team he played with rather then being called a legend himself. So whilst he is inspirational, this interview shows his humbleness and his generosity giving everything up for his poorly sister.

Great lesson for young kids in all areas.

I was wondering if one of the more video friendly people on here may have a link to the interview.

I have been looking everywhere and have had no luck.
Found this...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QLK94GS-8Qk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QLK94GS-8Qk</a>
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2020, 12:15:12 am »
Another great interview here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHJLtnbJX4

Offline Abin465

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2020, 06:16:48 am »
Found this...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QLK94GS-8Qk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QLK94GS-8Qk</a>

Thanks for this. It made my day

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2020, 07:01:18 am »
Thank you everyone.

Yeah tried YouTube. It’s an interview done by the club.

He actually says in the interview that he wasn’t a very good footballer he was just grateful to play with the king etc. And that they made him look good.

I cried when he was saying that part. And I want my kids to see it. It represents everything that I am.

I must say, when I saw him say it, I said to myself inside he is a true legend worthy to stand beside any that have worn the red.

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2020, 08:25:13 am »
Found this...

Thanks for posting. What an unbelievable journey, seriously emotional stuff.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Online dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2020, 08:42:25 am »
Thank you everyone.

Yeah tried YouTube. It’s an interview done by the club.

He actually says in the interview that he wasn’t a very good footballer he was just grateful to play with the king etc. And that they made him look good.

I cried when he was saying that part. And I want my kids to see it. It represents everything that I am.

I must say, when I saw him say it, I said to myself inside he is a true legend worthy to stand beside any that have worn the red.

This?

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_z7ti22rm/?page=2&pageSize=20&sortOrder=desc&searchString=craig&title=60%20mins%20with%20Johnston

I don't subscribe to lfctv go, but can watch that anyway.

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 09:43:42 am »
This?

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_z7ti22rm/?page=2&pageSize=20&sortOrder=desc&searchString=craig&title=60%20mins%20with%20Johnston

I don't subscribe to lfctv go, but can watch that anyway.

You are a legend. Thank you so much

If you guys have kid’s, who want to do anything in life, get them to watch this.

It’s the only way anyone makes it in anything. Listen to what he did to make it, then maintain it, then after all that work, in his prime, the reasons for giving it wait. All lessons every human being should learn
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:56:16 am by Occy »

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2020, 10:24:33 am »
Yeah that's true, the butler it was called and Craig invented that.
 Also went bankrupt and was left homeless after investing in a coaching school for kids that went tits up 

Funnily, I was thinking about him in sports d yesterday. Does he still get Adidas royalties for derivatives of the Predator?

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2020, 06:25:49 pm »
Funnily, I was thinking about him in sports d yesterday. Does he still get Adidas royalties for derivatives of the Predator?

I don’t think so. And I don’t think he ever did.

The art of big business at play.

I could be wrong. Was never really clear on what Happened there. And because of who he is I don’t think many people will know the full story.

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2020, 02:58:00 pm »
Thoroughly enjoyed watching that lads, thank you for posting!
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2020, 03:02:44 pm »
Thanks I'll watch it later.

A really passionate and hard working player who had a great burst of speed.
#JFT97

Offline skerriesred

• Main Stander
  • Devuelvemela pelota.
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2020, 03:09:21 pm »
Weird - First time I've logged on in ages and a post I started from 2012 is top of the list!
Will get the 17yr old to watch it - too young back then.
" Never make a decision until you have to, because often they are made for you"
Bill Shankly

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2020, 02:32:26 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_BJpVlmNVRE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_BJpVlmNVRE</a>
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks