Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3439010 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O14e from Molde!" - Thursday Wankers
« Reply #37600 on: November 14, 2019, 03:24:24 pm »
The Liverpool Corner
39 mins ·
Klopp's wife prevented Klopp taking the Man Utd job 👀

Thompson: “I interviewed Klopp for Sky, & I asked if he & Liverpool were created for each other. He looked at me & asked why. Then Klopp told me he could have taken over Manchester United, but his wife said it wasn’t right.”

Buy her a watch Jurgen
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37601 on: November 14, 2019, 03:27:10 pm »
Nabbed from the comments

He can always go into acting

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #37602 on: November 14, 2019, 03:34:33 pm »
Nabbed from the comments

Not to piss on the good mood in here, but why if they're in league 1 in 2037 are they playing us to secure promotion back to the championship?  :o
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37603 on: November 14, 2019, 03:51:49 pm »
Not to piss on the good mood in here, but why if they're in league 1 in 2037 are they playing us to secure promotion back to the championship?  :o

EFL Trophy I'd imagine.  They'll be coming up against, and getting pasted by, our U21s.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37604 on: November 14, 2019, 04:08:00 pm »
He can always go into acting

“Aye up Van Persie lad”

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37605 on: November 14, 2019, 04:11:32 pm »
EFL Trophy I'd imagine.  They'll be coming up against, and getting pasted by, our U21s.

I assumed the meme was made before our game a few weeks back
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37606 on: November 14, 2019, 06:50:09 pm »

They have drawn us in the FA Cup.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37607 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55:42 pm »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37608 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:48 pm »
EFL Trophy I'd imagine.  They'll be coming up against, and getting pasted by, our U12s.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #37609 on: November 15, 2019, 02:33:05 am »
😁

If United is to even stand a chance at getting back where it should be (Especially if the club is to get new ownership that is willing to invest in the squad), raiding fellow PL sides (i.e. club's that are not Man City or Liverpool) like Leicester is pretty much the best way do it. After all one could argue that one of the reasons why both Tottenham have done well under Poch and Leicester have done well this season is mainly because both teams have obtained player after player that United should have obtained instead of either club.

Had the Glazers not let that happen, we could have had a team that consisted of this (and still could in the next few transfer windows):

De Gea/Schmeichel
AWB/R.Pereira - Alderweireld/D.Sanchez - Vertonghen/Maguire - Chilwell/Shaw
Erriksen/Tielemans - Ndombele/Ndidi - Pogba/Maddison
Moura/James - Kane/Martial - Son/Rashford

With the right manager, it would not be too hard to do well in both the PL & CL with such a side. Especially if Sancho was also added to such a team as well as the youth prospects we currently have.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37610 on: November 15, 2019, 02:39:06 am »
No club is going to sell you their entire side no matter who the manager is, that's a pipe dream.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #37611 on: November 15, 2019, 10:00:26 am »

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37612 on: November 15, 2019, 10:03:48 am »
😁

With the right manager

Think you nailed it there lad :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37613 on: November 15, 2019, 10:05:57 am »
Not just the right manager though, a manager needs support to actually get the players he wants, and help identifying them - not sure Woodward is that sort of guy.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37614 on: November 15, 2019, 10:07:01 am »

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #37615 on: November 15, 2019, 10:20:25 am »
The fact is that based on transfer spend Man Utd should be very comfortably in second place, snapping at City's heels and laughing at the chasm between them and third.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37616 on: November 15, 2019, 10:21:37 am »
The fact is that based on transfer spend Man Utd should be very comfortably in second place, snapping at City's heels and laughing at the chasm between them and third.

And yet the Man Utd fans I know blame their current position on lack of spending.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #37617 on: November 15, 2019, 10:34:57 am »
lets be honest here, Sancho surely is not considering going to Utd is he?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #37618 on: November 15, 2019, 10:48:52 am »

Depends, If they offer him £250k a week and others only offer half that I can see him going. he will walk into their first team but if he joined us or City he wouldn't.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37619 on: November 15, 2019, 11:16:06 am »
Is he really that good anyway? I'm not convinced yet but he's very young and plenty of time

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37620 on: November 15, 2019, 12:59:41 pm »
Is he really that good anyway? I'm not convinced yet but he's very young and plenty of time

He was last season, this season? Not so much, he's having his struggles. Hopefully its just what they love to call the 'sophomore slump' in the US! And he'll be back on track soon.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37621 on: November 15, 2019, 06:57:40 pm »
And yet the Man Utd fans I know blame their current position on lack of spending.

This warms my heart.  :)

They still can't see the Woodward for the trees.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TarkaLFC

• Main Stander
  • Valour is superior to numbers.
« Reply #37622 on: November 16, 2019, 05:41:00 am »
No club is going to sell you their entire side no matter who the manager is, that's a pipe dream.

Other than perhaps Southampton.
Currently living overseas.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37623 on: November 16, 2019, 03:46:31 pm »

I think Woddy Woodpecker is lost in Germany or something. Last week they were the "front runners" to sign Kai Havertz.  :mooncat :mooncat :lmao :lmao

Yes, the guy who will be a mainstay in the German midfield for the next decade will choose the mancs over a whole host of clubs who want him.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #37624 on: November 16, 2019, 05:37:15 pm »
I think I said it before, but is blowing away tons of money on Jadon Sancho really going to solve any of United issues?

He will become their best attacker and most talented player automatically, but surely sorting their midfield is a much higher priority? Do they actually have a good midfielder? I know some of United fans are fancying McTominay, but surely he's not someone who can hold a midfield on his own. They need a Fabinho and a Keita sort of players

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #37625 on: November 16, 2019, 05:44:09 pm »
Search committee back to the drawing board.

From ESPN:

Edwin van der Sar has signed a new long-term deal as Ajax chief executive, ending suggestions he could be Manchester United's new director of football.

United are searching for a director of football with Van der Sar having been previously linked with the role.

The former United keeper had said last month that he was interested in the job, but has now committed his future to Ajax until 2023.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37626 on: November 16, 2019, 08:04:25 pm »
No chance. Not if he wants to develop as a top player and compete for the big trophies.

The truth about Utd's shambolic structure and disinterested ownership is common knowledge around the football world now. No highly rated young player who is serious about his career is going there.
Even Chongy is looking for a way out. ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37627 on: November 16, 2019, 08:05:15 pm »
The fuck is "Chongy"?  ;D

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37628 on: November 16, 2019, 08:09:13 pm »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37629 on: November 16, 2019, 08:23:40 pm »
The fuck is "Chongy"?  ;D

Cheechy's mate

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #37631 on: November 17, 2019, 03:15:21 pm »
 :lmao  Thats Chaci Andy. Chaci!

https://youtu.be/pwxLzLBV2YQ
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37632 on: November 17, 2019, 03:22:56 pm »
:lmao  Thats Chaci Andy. Chaci!

https://youtu.be/pwxLzLBV2YQ

Was wondering why he posted a pic of Fonzie ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37633 on: November 18, 2019, 11:48:52 am »
Prince Andrew and Man Utd. Both absolutely fucking terrible since Fergie left.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #37634 on: November 18, 2019, 01:40:20 pm »
https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2051470-revenues-continue-to-rise-at-manchester-united-despite-lack-of-champions-league-football?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NorthWest_18th_Nov_2019_Breaking

Revenues rose by 5.9% to £80.4m at Manchester United over the last three months.

Despite the lack of Champions League football the club is continuing to lead the way in terms of revenue.

The club today announced its financial results for the 2020 fiscal first quarter ended 30 September 2019.

As part of the announcement the club announced it has agreed new long-term contracts with recent academy graduates, Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams.

Both players have made a number of appearances in the first team in recent months.

Manchester United said it has agreed new partnerships with Visit Malta, Lego, Konami and Yabo Sport.

Over the course of the financial year the club is expecting to bring in revenues of £560 to £580m and have a total adjusted EBITDA of £155 to £165m.

Ed Woodward, executive vice chairman, said: “We have a clear vision in terms of football philosophy and recruitment.

“The significant investments that we have made in recent years in areas such as transfers, recruitment infrastructure, analytics and our academy are already beginning to bear fruit.

“We are very proud to be shortly approaching a milestone 4,000th game featuring an academy player, and we are particularly optimistic regarding the considerable young talent currently coming through.

“Our ultimate goal is to win trophies by playing exciting football with a team that fuses graduates from our academy with world-class acquisition

Sponsorship revenue was £53.6m an increase of £4m, or 8.1%, over the prior year quarter, primarily due to new sponsorship deals and additional tour revenue.

Retail, Merchandising, Apparel & Product Licensing revenue was £26.8m, an increase of £500,000, or 1.9%, over the prior year quarter.

Broadcasting revenue for the quarter was £32.9 million, a decrease of £9.9 million, or 23.1%, over the prior year quarter, primarily due to non-participation in the UEFA Champions League.

Guaranteed UEFA broadcasting revenues are typically recognised evenly over the course of the competition’s group stages.

The majority of the full year revenue impact of non-participation in the UEFA Champions League will therefore occur in the second quarter, when five of the six group matches will be played.

Matchday revenue for the quarter was £22.1m, an increase of £5.8m, or 35.6%, over the prior year quarter, primarily due to playing two additional home games in the quarter.

Total operating expenses for the quarter were £136.4m, a decrease of £7.1m, or 4.9%, over the prior year quarter.

Employee benefit expenses for the quarter were £70.2m, a decrease of £6.8m, or 8.8%, over the prior year quarter, primarily due to reductions in player salaries as a result of non-participation in the UEFA Champions League.

Other operating expenses for the quarter were £30.4 m, an increase of £1.8m, or 6.3%, over the prior year quarter.

Net Debt as of 30 September 2019 was £384.5m, an increase of £137.3m over the year, primarily due to an overall decrease in cash and cash equivalents.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #37635 on: November 18, 2019, 02:02:01 pm »
2 home games brings in £5.8m. Wow!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37636 on: November 18, 2019, 02:04:44 pm »
That's brilliant - less employee benefit spending by not making the CL! Should be neat when it happens again next year.

That said - it's scary how well oiled they are at the commercial side of the game.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37637 on: November 18, 2019, 02:09:47 pm »
That said - it's scary how well oiled they are at the commercial side of the game.

You could look at it as a positive, while that side of things is working despite the on-field ineptness, the longer they are likely to keep ole at the wheel.  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37638 on: November 18, 2019, 02:11:00 pm »
You could look at it as a positive, while that side of things is working despite the on-field ineptness, the longer they are likely to keep ole at the wheel.  ;D

I like the way you are thinking!

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #37639 on: November 18, 2019, 02:25:33 pm »

And less likely the owners will sell their cash cow. A lad from work is a Utd fan and he says if they don't finish in the top 4 this season the owners will sell as revunue will be down and they will sack Ole and bring in a top manager  ;D