Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3440904 times)

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O14e from Molde!" - Thursday Wankers
« Reply #37560 on: November 12, 2019, 08:54:59 pm »
He's called The Religion. Absolutely has a chip on his shoulder.

I read the politics thread on there occasionally as they have some really good posters tbf if you steer clear of the footy discussions. From what I can remember he is an enthusiastic brexiteer and police officer in real life (when not venting angrily about Liverpool obviously).

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37561 on: November 12, 2019, 09:14:14 pm »
In the last 6-7 years, they supported ManCity more than their own club, and not only when City played against Us, but every single game, including against their very own club. Last season, they literally supported ManCity in 38 games.
 It would be much easier for them just to become ManCity fans, since they unconsciously already are.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #37562 on: November 12, 2019, 09:45:32 pm »
It's absolutely glorious.

There is one club that the entire country is terrified of. One club that puts the shits up everybody else and leaves them shaking. From the self-proclaimed "biggest club in the world"  ::) at Old Trafford right down to tinpot clubs who have never achieved anything of note in their history, they are all trembling at the fact Liverpool are the European Champions, the best team in the UK and might win the league this season.

There is no club anywhere else in the country that can do this. If Abu Dhabi 'win' it everyone knows it's meaningless. But everyone fears Liverpool winning it because that means everything.

It's glorious. Absolutely, deliciously glorious. You can literally smell the fear.

I think what sets Liverpool aside as a club, and one of the reasons it gets so much grief from opposition fans, is that it has always felt anti-establishment. For example, going around and referring to managers as 'Mr. Ferguson' (a very odd affectation by united fans) would never really catch on with Liverpool fans. For example Kenny Dalglish has a knigthood (not a fan of that myself, but oh well) but you would never hear him referred to as 'Sir Kenny Dalglish' (or very rarely at least). Liverpool fans have never really got on board the whole 'England, FA, LMA, greatest honour managing your country' etc. and I think that, more than anything, gets under the skin of a lot of fans in the UK, surprisingly from smaller clubs (where supporting England is all they have, really). It's Liverpool's independent ways that irritates them.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37563 on: November 12, 2019, 09:50:34 pm »
Disgraceful that O7e is still getting called O14e on the thread title. Where's the respect? Where's the decorum?

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37564 on: November 12, 2019, 10:10:33 pm »
Disgraceful that O7e is still getting called O14e on the thread title. Where's the respect? Where's the decorum?

We can laugh now but when they get back to where they belong we'll have to change it to O6e
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #37565 on: November 12, 2019, 11:05:20 pm »
I read the politics thread on there occasionally as they have some really good posters tbf if you steer clear of the footy discussions. From what I can remember he is an enthusiastic brexiteer and police officer in real life (when not venting angrily about Liverpool obviously).

A bizzie ... or the dibble as they say ?

Eeehhhhhh..... what a fuckin twat then as I can't stand the robotic c*nts.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37566 on: November 13, 2019, 01:05:04 am »
I think what sets Liverpool aside as a club, and one of the reasons it gets so much grief from opposition fans, is that it has always felt anti-establishment. For example, going around and referring to managers as 'Mr. Ferguson' (a very odd affectation by united fans) would never really catch on with Liverpool fans. For example Kenny Dalglish has a knigthood (not a fan of that myself, but oh well) but you would never hear him referred to as 'Sir Kenny Dalglish' (or very rarely at least). Liverpool fans have never really got on board the whole 'England, FA, LMA, greatest honour managing your country' etc. and I think that, more than anything, gets under the skin of a lot of fans in the UK, surprisingly from smaller clubs (where supporting England is all they have, really). It's Liverpool's independent ways that irritates them.

I think there is a lot in what you say.

Liverpool the city, Liverpool the club, and the people of Liverpool generally do not suffer fools gladly, and they bow to nobody. It takes guts to be a maverick and to willingly be an outsider. In a nutshell, Liverpool FC and its fanbase do what others wish they had the balls to do, but don't. We don't need to be media darlings, and we don't actually want to be anyway. I couldn't care less about the England football set-up, the English media or the prevailing xenophobia so revered within vast swathes of English culture. I love England the country, it's generally beautiful, but I have little time for English culture. I grew up wanting to play for Liverpool, but had no interest whatsoever in aspiring to play for England.

In many ways, we are what so many others wish they could be. They don't have the balls or the mentality to do it their way. Instead, they basically just do as they are told. Seeing LFC and Liverpudlians ripping that up and doing it their own way just throws their own timidity into sharp relief.

I see myself as Liverpudlian and European, but not particularly English. Liverpool is a port, so is cosmopolitan. In general, Liverpudlians travel and see the bigger picture. Scousers have travelled everywhere for work and/or to follow LFC over the decades. Go anywhere in the world and you'll find someone from Liverpool. As a City, as a club and as a fanbase we do not buy into the little Englander mindset. There will always be small minds that hate us because of that.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:11:03 am by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37567 on: November 13, 2019, 01:17:55 am »
^

Liverpudlian / Irish .

C'est Moi !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37568 on: November 13, 2019, 01:24:58 am »
^

Liverpudlian / Irish .

C'est Moi !
:thumbup ☘️
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37569 on: November 13, 2019, 01:57:34 am »
:thumbup ☘️

My Grandad ( Mum's side ) was born here and his parents were from County Cork. There parents were from Armagh and Dundalk. My Grandad married a Keen ( has it's roots in the West Country in England ) but fuck it , it sounds Irish.  ;D Me Da's side all I know is that my Nan's parents are from Kilkenny and they all played the box. My Grandad's ( Da's Dad ) side all I know is are the Dixons ( English / Scottish border name ) and he was born in Toxteth.

That's all I know .

:wave

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
« Reply #37570 on: November 13, 2019, 04:21:43 am »
more bad news, class of '19 member 'chongy' (as described by the ever youthful but now looking really old gollum) has decided he wants out of there.

the foundations have just lost a pier

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37571 on: November 13, 2019, 04:52:24 am »
My Grandad ( Mum's side ) was born here and his parents were from County Cork. There parents were from Armagh and Dundalk. My Grandad married a Keen ( has it's roots in the West Country in England ) but fuck it , it sounds Irish.  ;D Me Da's side all I know is that my Nan's parents are from Kilkenny and they all played the box. My Grandad's ( Da's Dad ) side all I know is are the Dixons ( English / Scottish border name ) and he was born in Toxteth.

That's all I know .

My surname is something like 7th century English, but the first people with our name I can find settling in Liverpool is my Great Great Great Great (Great?) Grandad (I can never remember how far back) who moved here from Belfast in the 1840s/50s. Can I get an Irish passport????

Liverpool the city, Liverpool the club, and the people of Liverpool generally do not suffer fools gladly, and they bow to nobody. It takes guts to be a maverick and to willingly be an outsider. In a nutshell, Liverpool FC and its fanbase do what others wish they had the balls to do, but don't. We don't need to be media darlings, and we don't actually want to be anyway. I couldn't care less about the England football set-up, the English media or the prevailing xenophobia so revered within vast swathes of English culture. I love England the country, it's generally beautiful, but I have little time for English culture. I grew up wanting to play for Liverpool, but had no interest whatsoever in aspiring to play for England.

In many ways, we are what so many others wish they could be. They don't have the balls or the mentality to do it their way. Instead, they basically just do as they are told. Seeing LFC and Liverpudlians ripping that up and doing it their own way just throws their own timidity into sharp relief.

I see myself as Liverpudlian and European, but not particularly English. Liverpool is a port, so is cosmopolitan. In general, Liverpudlians travel and see the bigger picture. Scousers have travelled everywhere for work and/or to follow LFC over the decades. Go anywhere in the world and you'll find someone from Liverpool. As a City, as a club and as a fanbase we do not buy into the little Englander mindset. There will always be small minds that hate us because of that.

Thatcher - burn in hell you c*nt - has to take a lot of blame for the hatred of our city from no marks who have never been here/never met a Scouser. It was her fight with Hatton and the way they got their mates in the media to portray us, the covering up of the entire mess that led to Heysel and the hatchet job of Hillsborough that left a lasting effect. Heysel we acknowledged our blame for the part our supporters played, but the media and Tories ignored theirs and UEFA failings and the whole stream of violence spread across Europe by England fans and other clubs like Spurs etc. The ifithadntbeenforheysel narrative goes far beyond the bitters.

I'm Scouse not English too, love to look outwards, love to travel, which is just one of the myriad of reasons why I hate Brexiteers
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37572 on: November 13, 2019, 07:04:38 am »
more bad news, class of '19 member 'chongy' (as described by the ever youthful but now looking really old gollum) has decided he wants out of there.

the foundations have just lost a pier

Is he the Cousin It one?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #37573 on: November 13, 2019, 07:44:42 am »
Is he the Cousin It one?

;D  That’s the one
Believer

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #37574 on: November 13, 2019, 08:32:10 am »

Exactly that. I think that's why Liverpool attracts so many Irish and Scandinavian supporters, because they aer countries with people who are also very independent minded and uninterested in systems of hierarchy and hegemony. They are attracted to Liverpool precisely for the reasons you outline; because they see in the club outliers not constrained by petty histories or in a thrall to national identity.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37575 on: November 13, 2019, 09:13:57 am »
Exactly that. I think that's why Liverpool attracts so many Irish and Scandinavian supporters, because they aer countries with people who are also very independent minded and uninterested in systems of hierarchy and hegemony. They are attracted to Liverpool precisely for the reasons you outline; because they see in the club outliers not constrained by petty histories or in a thrall to national identity.

I'd say a lot of us in Liverpool also have Scandanavian ancestors, we deffo are drawn to the sea and going on adventures.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #37576 on: November 13, 2019, 09:40:43 am »

That's all I know .

And here I am, fully convinced that at least one of your parent was from the Indian Subcontinent.. ;D
What explains your polite approach to the Ole fan club? You never seem angry! ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37577 on: November 13, 2019, 12:34:39 pm »
I think what sets Liverpool aside as a club, and one of the reasons it gets so much grief from opposition fans, is that it has always felt anti-establishment. For example, going around and referring to managers as 'Mr. Ferguson' (a very odd affectation by united fans) would never really catch on with Liverpool fans. For example Kenny Dalglish has a knigthood (not a fan of that myself, but oh well) but you would never hear him referred to as 'Sir Kenny Dalglish' (or very rarely at least).

To be fair, Sir Kenny is technically a demotion from King Kenny anyway.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37578 on: November 13, 2019, 02:44:16 pm »
My surname is something like 7th century English, but the first people with our name I can find settling in Liverpool is my Great Great Great Great (Great?) Grandad (I can never remember how far back) who moved here from Belfast in the 1840s/50s. Can I get an Irish passport????

Thatcher - burn in hell you c*nt - has to take a lot of blame for the hatred of our city from no marks who have never been here/never met a Scouser. It was her fight with Hatton and the way they got their mates in the media to portray us, the covering up of the entire mess that led to Heysel and the hatchet job of Hillsborough that left a lasting effect. Heysel we acknowledged our blame for the part our supporters played, but the media and Tories ignored theirs and UEFA failings and the whole stream of violence spread across Europe by England fans and other clubs like Spurs etc. The ifithadntbeenforheysel narrative goes far beyond the bitters.

I'm Scouse not English too, love to look outwards, love to travel, which is just one of the myriad of reasons why I hate Brexiteers

Great this . We really dont give a fuck about United so are discussing our family trees instead.

;D

Regarding the Irish Passport ( to keep you in the EU I presume ).  What I've read is that it only goes back to one of your Granparents. For example if Grandad Hoare was registered as Irish when he was born in Liverpool I get an Irish Passport. If my Great Grand Parents registered him English possibly to get away from the stigma of being Irish Iam fucked.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37579 on: November 13, 2019, 02:48:53 pm »
And here I am, fully convinced that at least one of your parent was from the Indian Subcontinent.. ;D
What explains your polite approach to the Ole fan club? You never seem angry! ;D

I have the soul of an Indian Yogi mate .  I do get angry now and then mate but that's when Iam manifesting into Lord Shiva.
 :lmao

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37580 on: November 13, 2019, 03:28:26 pm »
Great this . We really dont give a fuck about United so are discussing our family trees instead.

;D

Regarding the Irish Passport ( to keep you in the EU I presume ).  What I've read is that it only goes back to one of your Granparents. For example if Grandad Hoare was registered as Irish when he was born in Liverpool I get an Irish Passport. If my Great Grand Parents registered him English possibly to get away from the stigma of being Irish Iam fucked.

Yep, can't have a passport, but can play for the Republic at footy ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37581 on: November 13, 2019, 03:35:47 pm »

And that is the very reason the establishment fears us so much and feels it needs to discredit us so much too.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37582 on: November 13, 2019, 03:38:25 pm »
Yep, can't have a passport, but can play for the Republic at footy ;D
We know what you mean, Rob  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #37583 on: November 13, 2019, 06:05:55 pm »
They've gone full Everton.

https://twitter.com/UtdMohamad/status/1193612345291005952

I can sense some frustration in being the sole remaining Egyptian Man United supporter since 2017*, to be fair  ;D

* Salah's arrival. I think they're all Reds now.

Maybe sometime in the future, Egypt will be stable enough that we can play a testimonial for Mo in Cairo. No seats left in that sea of red.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:08:55 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #37584 on: November 13, 2019, 06:21:47 pm »
Private Eye knocking em..!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37585 on: November 13, 2019, 06:46:26 pm »
This is the piss take thread. Take the piss out of the Mancs or sling thy hook!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37586 on: November 13, 2019, 09:02:45 pm »
Private Eye knocking em..!

Oily Gunwar Solskjaer

:lmao

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37587 on: November 14, 2019, 01:11:09 pm »
The Liverpool Corner
39 mins ·
Klopp's wife prevented Klopp taking the Man Utd job 👀

Thompson: “I interviewed Klopp for Sky, & I asked if he & Liverpool were created for each other. He looked at me & asked why. Then Klopp told me he could have taken over Manchester United, but his wife said it wasn’t right.”
bollocks

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37588 on: November 14, 2019, 01:20:13 pm »
The Liverpool Corner
39 mins ·

Thompson: “I interviewed Klopp for Sky, & I asked if he & Liverpool were created for each other. He looked at me & asked why. Then Klopp told me he could have taken over Manchester United, but his wife said it wasn’t right.”

:o

Well done Mrs Klopp, you saved the PL and English professional football in general. Or at least ensured I'd still watch footie.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37589 on: November 14, 2019, 01:22:55 pm »
The Liverpool Corner
39 mins ·

Ulla knew.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37590 on: November 14, 2019, 01:33:20 pm »
They've gone full Everton.

https://twitter.com/UtdMohamad/status/1193612345291005952

Like theyve got a choice of beating City, or losing. Clowns

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37591 on: November 14, 2019, 01:38:35 pm »
The Liverpool Corner
39 mins ·

Man City have written to the divorce courts to demand Klopp's marriage is annulled
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #37593 on: November 14, 2019, 01:44:10 pm »
My kingdom for a few midfielders who aren't Fred or Pereira. Sky are tipping us for top 4 now because we beat Norwich and Brighton. feels like I'm in a time loop
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #37594 on: November 14, 2019, 01:45:00 pm »
Is this Redcafe we're talking about? I never used to visit opposing forums, but I have a look every so often now.

On the whole I like the level of discussion and general tone of posts on Redcafe. There are obviously a few outlying morons, as there always will be on such a massive site. In general everything seems well reasoned and good natured though. They have a thread called something like "Strange feelings of football" which is hilarious.

The reason I mention this is because there's another rival club forum - which I won't even namecheck - that's vile. The sort of terms thrown about are the kind you usually see on the worst parts of Twitter. No rational discussion, no civility, just endless pages of poisonous name calling.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37595 on: November 14, 2019, 01:46:40 pm »
My kingdom for a few midfielders who aren't Fred or Pereira. Sky are tipping us for top 4 now because we beat Norwich and Brighton. feels like I'm in a time loop

Never mind Tony, the rumours are you are going to buy Zaha for 70m. That you should make everything better.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #37596 on: November 14, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
Never mind Tony, the rumours are you are going to buy Zaha for 70m. That you should make everything better.  ;D
actually kinda wanted him in the summer, if we could as I guessed get him for 60-70m as we had the sell on clause. been a fan for years. Splurging 70m on him would mean sancho has said no thanks and is going to Madrid or Liverpool. Zaha is very good but has had his best days as a striker now and he wouldn't be any better than Dan James. Needless signing now to be honest. think mandzukic is the same - used to be very good, Ole probably fancies him as a Sheringham type signing, to me he's completely spent though.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #37597 on: November 14, 2019, 01:50:17 pm »
Sky are tipping us for top 4 now because we beat Norwich and Brighton. feels like I'm in a time loop
I usually never write United off. Yes, even post-Ferguson.

I just can't see them getting in the top four though. Chelsea have a very un-Chelsea togetherness that I think will see them through. While Leicester having no European distractions is huge.

The most realistic chance of a CL spot is a run to the EL final.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37598 on: November 14, 2019, 01:55:19 pm »
actually kinda wanted him in the summer, if we could as I guessed get him for 60-70m as we had the sell on clause. been a fan for years. Splurging 70m on him would mean sancho has said no thanks and is going to Madrid or Liverpool. Zaha is very good but has had his best days as a striker now and he wouldn't be any better than Dan James. Needless signing now to be honest. think mandzukic is the same - used to be very good, Ole probably fancies him as a Sheringham type signing, to me he's completely spent though.

I have to admit to being not that impressed with Zaha, way to inconsistent for a player of his ability. One of those who only seems able to turn it on, on a good day.

His motivation seems suspects as well, not sure he is the answer for any top six side.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #37599 on: November 14, 2019, 03:22:23 pm »
The reason I mention this is because there's another rival club forum - which I won't even namecheck - that's vile. The sort of terms thrown about are the kind you usually see on the worst parts of Twitter. No rational discussion, no civility, just endless pages of poisonous name calling.

I've narrowed it down to two...

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"