Author Topic: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')  (Read 118965 times)

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')
« Reply #480 on: October 22, 2017, 06:17:44 pm »
really is crap knowing we are awful defensively, we can only blame ourselves for not fixing well known established frailties. Spurs are better than us and have developed a better balanced squad.

PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: October 22, 2017, 06:17:52 pm »
Getting a good keeper is never easy too few of them and too many other clubs needing one.

I dont watch any foreign football so Im not the person to provide a list of possibilities. However Butland and Schmichael are much better and vert gettable.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:01 pm »
We don't have a whole load of options.  I don't want Henderson there but that's just me.

I'd have Henderson over Can 8 days of the week at the moment. When Can got substituted, Klopp didn't even make eye contact with him. I think he feels let down by him today, and probably more.

He's gone, Can, giving him more chances in a Liverpool shirt to me feels entirely counterproductive.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:04 pm »
We were lucky it was only 4-1 because we gifted them every goal and also a few more chances.

We were lucky it was only 4-1 because the post saved us, they squandered a few chances and Migs got lucky a couple of times.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #484 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »

Fewest goals conceded at home.. we do something right..

Yes but that's nothing to do with our back 5 ... nothing whatsoever

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #485 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »
On our day we have the matching of teams like Spurs, City, Chelsea. Easily. From Hendo forward we are a machine; behind him, though, and it's shambolic. To have conceded more away goals than Palace, fucking Palace and that face-rubbing owl prick, is an embarrassment. Judging by his actions and expressions, I have a feeling that today was the final straw for Klopp. But in among the gloom there is hope.

Joe Gomez's composed, assured display once he went to centre back with Harry Kane breathing down his neck was a glimmer of a possible short term resolution. One great example; being pressed close to the touchline, a simple bit of composed nimble footwork and he dealt with the situation. A polar opposite to the petrified, erratic and downright idiotic performance of a supposedly experienced international footballer who was entirely intimidated by even the sight of Kane in the tunnel. Once his worst fears had materialised in the third minute, Lovren's head predictably went. Klopp hooking him was probably the best bit of management I've seen from him so far; it was the strongest message possible, that weak minds are not wanted in a battle against a good team. Any talk of injury will be protectionist bollocks.

Albie Moreno didn't really put a foot wrong, he did what was asked of him and was a pest for Spurs to deal with at times. Yet he'll no doubt incur the wrath of some who are looking for a scapegoat. He shouldn't. But Joel Matip is increasingly becoming a problem. He's losing confidence and becoming infected with the virus of mistakes that is rife in defence. A good player turning bad. Similarly, we see Simon Mignolet making rushed, erratic decisions, knowing the old mistakes are creeping in again, the confidence is dipping, the inevitable is happening again. One rushed over-stretched punch, bang and it's in again. The look that Hendo gave him while Kane was off celebrating, the one filled with truly murderous intent, spoke volumes. It's starting, again...

This is a team on a precipice. This is a team in need of an overhaul. If Klopp is now going to say 'enough is enough', Dejan Lovren needs dropping, then selling in January ideally. I'm sure he would probably do a good job in China or Qatar. But he's stealing a living in our first eleven and restricting the development of a good prospect. He could also reward Karius with some solid Champions League displays by giving him a crack in the Premier League, or even Danny Ward the chance to prove himself. It'll give Mignolet the fire and anger he needs to inspire him back to where we know he can be. He needs to trust Gini Wijnaldum rather than persevere with the limitations of James Milner. He needs to give the Ox a start. He needs to use his squad more; Trent could have came into his own in this one today, rather than sticking with Emre Can at right back, on a yellow card, and being left for dead by nutmegs then being unable to tackle for fear of another red card. So many options where we could have instigated positive change within the match, but we're limited to late, ineffective subs - how must Studge feel being given 15 minutes when you're already 4-1 down? Way to boost his confidence, when we can already see it's on the floor.

But all of these issues, mistakes, decisions, lay at the door of the manager. Klopp needs to change things, before he ends up being the one being changed. Enough is enough.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:17 pm »
Oh how we all laughed at Manc Utd yesterday.
aye because Huddersfield are the same level as spurs

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #487 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:20 pm »
Agree. We’ll get Clyne back and I believe there’s a player in Matip that we can use. But it's obvious we are short of quality.

I'd have Robertson over Moreno...But Lovren should be gone...and Ming obviously

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »
We were poor but you can't say that we were entirely to blame.
What on earth are you talking about?

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:41 pm »
Jesus Christ. Just admit that they are better than us.
You can be defeated by a better boxer, but if you're not even trying to protect your head or body, then you only have yourself to blame.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:43 pm »
And we should still laugh at the c*nts.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:43 pm »
Jesus Christ. Just admit that they are better than us.

What do you want me to say? That they are better than us or that I was clearly a clueless whopper for thinking we could challenge or that a world class manager knew what he was doing keeping these defenders and keeper?

Will that make you feel better?

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:44 pm »
Hugo Lloris is boss isn't he.

Hugo Boss

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #493 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:49 pm »
I dont watch any foreign football so Im not the person to provide a list of possibilities. However Butland and Schmichael are much better and vert gettable.
To be fair.. Better than what we have isn't a very high bar

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:52 pm »

We lost to a team who are likely going to challenge for the title, they lost to a newly promoted side. I'll still laugh at them.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #495 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:53 pm »
I'm personally sick of Emre....really sick...
You could easily drop him of course.  But again going with what we have.  Who else could you have there do you think? Henderson isn't cutting it their either.  Milner?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:01 pm »
Can's probably the last player I want playing for our team at the moment. Besides Lovren. No, actually, I think Can's head is already out the door. I don't see Klopp giving him too many starts from now on.

I see Klopp starting him every game regardless.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #497 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:03 pm »
I've defended Lovren, and still think there's a good CB hiding under there, but I think he needs some time out of the team. His confidence is shot, and his decision making is getting worse.

There's not much downside to giving Gomez a run as CB in the premier league.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:15 pm »

I laughed when Man City bought Ederson for 43 mil. Not anymore. He's the perfect type of keeper for our team.

Our scouting team needs to work harder, or Ward / Grabara needs to be given a chance.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:47 pm »
Frankly there are some players in that team who need to take a good look at themselves.

Sorry I love Klopp but he has to take blame.

To still have Mignolet as number 1
To still have Lovern
To still have no decent LB
To still have Henderson as DM
To still have no real top out and out forward
To still have no real leaders

It's a crime that he hasn't addressed the above.

These are things that Klopp should and needed to address.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:04 pm »
Getting a good keeper is never easy too few of them and too many other clubs needing one.
We haven't even friggin tried. Klopp has fucked up big time
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #501 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:12 pm »
Klopp needs to show some courage now. Lovren, Can and and Mignolet need to be dropped to show the rest that if you play like that then your out of the team. It's not hard. If every poster on here can see it then so should  klopp. If any of those three start next week then I think he will start to lose the fans.
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:18 pm »
We were poor but you can't say that we were entirely to blame. We weren't playing a Sunday League side, we were playing a very good team who are in great form.

Of course you can. 2-0 down it what was it 10 mins maybe a bit longer down to two mistakes from the same man.  We get back into the game then make a stupid mistake again. And the 4th keeper mistake. Spurs haven’t scored a difficult goal today where you can saying fair enough well played.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #503 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:33 pm »
I've defended Lovren, and still think there's a good CB hiding under there, but I think he needs some time out of the team. His confidence is shot, and his decision making is getting worse.

There's not much downside to giving Gomez a run as CB in the premier league.

Certainly can't blame mistakes on his present condition though, he was dropping clangers way before that.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:35 pm »
We've played to top teams this year. And got absolutey twatted by both, make all the excuses you want but we did.

Our defence and midfield are a joke. Matip, Lovren Mignolet no where near good enough at the back. Then our midfield is slow and offers nothing going forward.

It's on Klopp to sort it out. He needs to look at our coaches, himself and assess why were not getting better at all. Look at how other teams are evolving, spurs for example and City bought players and changed their system. We've done fuck all and gotten worse?! How does that happen
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:42 pm »
We’ll get Keita. What we need is a leading CB and a leading keeper. As soon as possible.
Bid £60 million for Oblak in the summer.

That would be a great start getting a solid vocal leader type footballing keeper to fix the glaring weaknesses in the spine.

Then move onto the CB's VVD and the bosman free in summer De Vrij from Lazio.

Then for DM/Deep lying playmaker we should target Weigl or Jorghino.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #506 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:50 pm »
Was basically a +2 handicap to Spurs there and we're no one to blame but ourselves (the club, collectively).

Mignolet doesnt make enough saves to influence results in games over the course of a season and anytime he does save us (aka Stoke away last season) he makes enough mistakes to outweigh them.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
Has Robertson shit on Klopp's dinner?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #509 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:08 pm »
That 3rd goal is one of the worst I can remember in context - last kick of the first half when you've got away with murder by being 1 down

They have 2 attackers near our box and only one in it. We have like 27 defenders

Every single Liverpool player runs backwards despite the lack of threat.
Not a single player reacts properly to the second ball
And then Ol Smoke hands in goal gets beaten by a scuffed shot not near the corner from the edge of the box.

I don't even know what you say about it - its not premier league level set piece defending.. its not even professional football level.. if Halifax Town did it their coach would rightly ball them out

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #510 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:18 pm »
I'd have Henderson over Can 8 days of the week at the moment. When Can got substituted, Klopp didn't even make eye contact with him. I think he feels let down by him today, and probably more.

He's gone, Can, giving him more chances in a Liverpool shirt to me feels entirely counterproductive.
I guess.  Henderson has always been better further forward to me.  Leaves us with no option there.

How did we deem it an acceptable squad for the season? We can barely rotate.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:18 pm »
Can's probably the last player I want playing for our team at the moment. Besides Lovren. No, actually, I think Can's head is already out the door. I don't see Klopp giving him too many starts from now on.
If he thinks he's going to cut it at Juve he's deluded. He'll be there one year before he's playing for Sunderland. Dreadful footballer who pops up for the odd Hollywood moment. Reminiscent of Charlie Adam.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #512 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:19 pm »

No, he makes loads of fuck ups.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #513 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:24 pm »
Has Robertson shit on Klopp's dinner?

Alby Moreno isn't the issue, not today anyway.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:28 pm »
Oh so you're happy, fair enough it must be great in your World.
Nobody is wrong in an opinion today mate, except the bloke that blamed FSG :) , the team and Jurgen have made serious errors yet Barney is right that it's possible to rescue the season.

It's grim mate, but it's not the end of the world. Not yet anyway.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:28 pm »
MIGnolet and the defence have been shite for years how can we expect anything else? Sadly Neville hit the nail on the head, why are they still here and in the team?!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:33 pm »
Of course you can. 2-0 down it what was it 10 mins maybe a bit longer down to two mistakes from the same man.  We get back into the game then make a stupid mistake again. And the 4th keeper mistake. Spurs haven’t scored a difficult goal today where you can saying fair enough well played.

It's not enough for a team to make mistakes, you have to take advantage of those mistakes, or were we perfect defensively against United?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:35 pm »

Yes. We need a keeper of similar quality or better. We can't continue with any of the options we have, not as first pick.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #518 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »
We haven't even friggin tried. Klopp has fucked up big time

I wouldn't pretend to have that knowledge. You obviously are aware of every player we've looked at.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #519 on: October 22, 2017, 06:21:46 pm »
That 3rd goal is one of the worst I can remember in context - last kick of the first half when you've got away with murder by being 1 down

They have 2 attackers near our box and only one in it. We have like 27 defenders

Every single Liverpool player runs backwards despite the lack of threat.
Not a single player reacts properly to the second ball
And then Ol Smoke hands in goal gets beaten by a scuffed shot not near the corner from the edge of the box.

I don't even know what you say about it - its not premier league level set piece defending.. its not even professional football level.. if Halifax Town did it their coach would rightly ball them out

Matip can actually leave the ball and it drifts out
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.