Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1916468 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab
« Reply #21320 on: July 23, 2023, 02:02:38 pm »
Israeli teams already play in UEFA competitions I think

Yes, we played Maccabi Haifa in the qailifiers in 2006, just about won 2-1 at home and we had to play the away tie in Kiev due to security concerns in Isreal.

In 2009, the WCC was being held in Dubai and if we had won the CL, Yossi Benayoun wouldn't have been allowed to play for us as the UAE wouldn't have allowed him a visa to enter the country.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21321 on: July 23, 2023, 02:35:13 pm »
Saudi FC fans trying to justify Maximin being worth £30 million on Twitter.

Then equating to us getting Fabinho being sold for £40 million being overpriced. :o

He's been one of the best DMs in the game the last 5 years, ever present. Brazilian international and in his prime.

Contrast with Maximin who is a 1 goal in 11 games ratio attacker.

Hit their FFP limit spending over £350 million since they became sportswashed and need a influx of cash from a sale to sign Harvey Barnes.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21322 on: July 23, 2023, 02:55:09 pm »

Then equating to us getting Fabinho being sold for £40 million being overpriced. :o

He's been one of the best DMs in the game the last 5 years, ever present. Brazilian international and in his prime.

Hit their FFP limit spending over £350 million since they became sportswashed and need a influx of cash from a sale to sign Harvey Barnes.

Read some of the shit on here and he's only worth sending to the knackers yard to be turned into glue.  ;)

They'll happily turn a blind eye to anything so long as they get the money - they'd have on pitch executions if it meant they could sign M'bappe
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21323 on: July 24, 2023, 02:09:13 am »
I actually don't think 30m for Saint Maximin is unreasonable in the current unreasonable climate! The source of the fee is another matter and, of course, them signing Barnes the very next day for a near-identical figure is... convenient.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21324 on: July 24, 2023, 06:47:19 am »
I actually don't think 30m for Saint Maximin is unreasonable in the current unreasonable climate! The source of the fee is another matter and, of course, them signing Barnes the very next day for a near-identical figure is... convenient.

I agree here, the sum isn’t eye watering but it stinks of financial doping.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21325 on: July 24, 2023, 08:09:39 am »

It's absolutely not. Seems pretty reasonable.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #21326 on: July 24, 2023, 08:32:20 am »
Can see them going after Mbappe now thay sold Saint-Maximin and offering him a contract with a release clause Real Madrid can trigger next year, would make going back in the top 4 really hard.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21327 on: July 24, 2023, 12:47:35 pm »

The Saudi prices are pretty distorted, but in a world where Harvey Barnes is supposedly worth a similar amount then I can’t really argue with £30m.

Wouldn’t have raised eyebrows if I saw him a sideways step in the league for that amount

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21328 on: July 24, 2023, 03:44:51 pm »
The Saudi prices are pretty distorted, but in a world where Harvey Barnes is supposedly worth a similar amount then I can’t really argue with £30m.

Wouldn’t have raised eyebrows if I saw him a sideways step in the league for that amount

It’s not so easy to just move a player on like that. Who would have bought ASM?  They are clearly doing it to pump money into Newcastle and get round FFP.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21329 on: July 24, 2023, 11:22:37 pm »
Can see them going after Mbappe now thay sold Saint-Maximin and offering him a contract with a release clause Real Madrid can trigger next year, would make going back in the top 4 really hard.

I’d like it if he went to KSA and was then loaned to Newcastle. Blow the whole shitshow wide apart.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #21330 on: July 24, 2023, 11:52:47 pm »
There's also the question of the Israeli players security, have your own opinions on the Israel Palestine situation, but their footballers aren't complicit, and there'd be every chance of another attack like the German Olympics in 1972 (I think).
Oh absolutely chap. They're at risk even moreso nowadays I would say.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21331 on: July 26, 2023, 06:20:17 pm »
We are "struggling to attract Tonali"?
Surprised he's not been back showing a video of himself wanking over another c*nt who's sold his soul for blood money.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21332 on: July 26, 2023, 07:10:15 pm »
I see they've got a behind the scenes documentary coming out.

Can't wait to not watch that.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21333 on: July 26, 2023, 07:41:51 pm »

Try living round here, it's all they yapping on about . . . . YAY, 3 cheers for the Saudi's, we got out club back, blah blah fucking blah.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21334 on: July 26, 2023, 08:22:01 pm »
Try living round here, it's all they yapping on about . . . . YAY, 3 cheers for the Saudi's, we got out club back, blah blah fucking blah.

Will it have dickheads wearing Tea Towels in it?

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21335 on: July 26, 2023, 08:44:07 pm »

"Life (& Death) at the Embassy"? Should be nerve-wracking.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21336 on: July 27, 2023, 02:05:36 pm »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #21337 on: July 27, 2023, 03:25:51 pm »

^ sorry mate - the above image isn't showing.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #21338 on: July 27, 2023, 03:54:38 pm »

I can see it Jason. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21339 on: July 27, 2023, 04:02:47 pm »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #21340 on: July 27, 2023, 04:03:34 pm »
I see it too, but sometimes some sites don't show automatically for me either. Copying the link from a quoted post and pasting it in the browser works for me.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21342 on: July 27, 2023, 05:46:26 pm »
I think you should see it clicking this link Jason

https://www.imgbly.com/ib/9mtXEULkNs

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #21343 on: July 27, 2023, 06:01:29 pm »

Absolutely brilliant.
Fuck Saudicastle and Eddie Howe can fucking do one too. :wanker

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #21344 on: July 27, 2023, 07:43:06 pm »
I think you should see it clicking this link Jason

https://www.imgbly.com/ib/9mtXEULkNs

Nice one, got it working okay now - thanks mate. And also :thumbup
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #21345 on: July 27, 2023, 07:47:59 pm »

I hope he's not holding his breath in anticipation.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21347 on: July 27, 2023, 08:03:31 pm »
I hope he's not holding his breath in anticipation.
Eddie Howe, Alan Shearer and all the rest of these so called "Local Heroes" could not care less about anything other than their bank balance.

Shearer was on Twitter yesterday saying this "It was good fun narrating this, and listening to some very interesting stories from behind the scenes!" (It's to do with some Amazon Prime video, "We are Newcastle United" . . . . . . . this is the same Alan Shearer who said this in October 2021 ""I want my club to represent my city and my region and not some distant, authoritarian regime."

They are scum, all of them, sold their souls for blood money.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21348 on: July 29, 2023, 05:48:40 pm »
Alan Saint Maximin gone to Saudi team Al-Ahli for £30million, he joins Roberto Firmino, Édouard Mendy and Riyad Mahrez.

I shouldn't give a toss because I washed my hands of them a year and a half ago but it's still like a kick in the fucking guts.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21349 on: July 29, 2023, 06:07:49 pm »
Alan Saint Maximin gone to Saudi team Al-Ahli for £30million, he joins Roberto Firmino, Édouard Mendy and Riyad Mahrez.

I shouldn't give a toss because I washed my hands of them a year and a half ago but it's still like a kick in the fucking guts.

I'm close to washing my hands of our club for even dealing with the Saudis. It's made me realise these clubs aren't ours anymore.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #21350 on: July 30, 2023, 12:33:50 am »
The one thing that Newcastle have not bargained for is expectations.
We have fans who assume that we will battle with City every years because we have in the past, the better you do the more people expect of you.
I think many fans assume Newcastle are a Champions League club now. They qualified narrowly because Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs were poor last year Next year all 3 of thise will be better and Brighton and Villa will be sniffing around as well. Newcastle have not improved to the degree they can establish themselves as a top 4 team and break the grip of the top 6 clubs, especially as they have CL football to deal with as well.
It will be interesting to see how their value as a club is if they finish 7th next year, if they don't make progress I suspect they will struggle to justify some of their marketing value. City managed early on to break in and they used money they did not have to do so. Let's see what Newcastle do to move to where they want (and expect) to be without doing what City did (cheat) to get there.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #21351 on: July 31, 2023, 12:16:40 pm »