Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2819307 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #14760 on: April 14, 2021, 03:16:58 pm »
Thank you for saving me a response. Selling Salah under every metric would be stupid.

I've never seen any other player ever in our history, touted to be sold by our supporters every season. If he's great, sell him. If he's poor sell him, whatever reason, just sell him.

Genuinely weird at this point.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14761 on: April 14, 2021, 03:43:08 pm »
I don’t want to sell him. I explicitly state as much above. But we do have issues with the age profile of our forwards. 2 of them have potentially already dropped away hugely. Depending on finances we aren’t in a brilliant position to replace them. And the reason you gain by selling Salah and replacing him with Mbappe or Haaland is really very obvious when you consider their ages.

Re Sancho, he’s posted x3 seasons of elite numbers at 21 and if we sold Salah for £100+ and bought Sancho for £70 or so we’d have money leftover to bring in another for the front 3.

To be clear, I don’t love this plan. But it’s far from crazy and IF the club are preparing the ground for him to be sold fans should be able to understand the logic.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14762 on: April 14, 2021, 03:59:45 pm »
Sell the players who aren't good enough to generate funds, not your best players. It's taking 3 step backwards to make one step, it makes no sense.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14763 on: April 14, 2021, 04:06:25 pm »
The grass is always greener eh? But people need to remember that we are red...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14764 on: April 14, 2021, 04:07:34 pm »
Imagine how good we could have been if we'd sold Gerrard in 2004 for £30 million though.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14765 on: April 14, 2021, 04:13:11 pm »
Also lets not forget. A lot of guaranteed superstar transfers, sometimes do not work out for various reasons.

People were certain that Timo Werner was going to continue scoring at the same pace as in Germany. Kai Havertz was supposed to be the next Gerrard. Even Naby was supposed to replace Hendo in our midfield.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14766 on: April 14, 2021, 04:15:09 pm »
It all depends on finances. We might not have a choice. We need to refresh the front 3, especially Firmino and perhaps Mane. But neither of those 2 will justify a big fee given their recent travails. We know Salah will fall off at some point and even if he doesn’t for a while or only does slowly this is our last chance to cash in on him. If we can afford to spend £100 million + on forwards without selling Salah then super. But I expect we can’t.

Sancho is about as sure a thing as you’ll get which helps. You’d definitely need to be bringing in someone like Sancho (or mbappe/ Haaland obviously) to justify selling Salah that’s for sure.

Bug off seriously, you act like this club is ran by paupers.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14767 on: April 14, 2021, 04:16:07 pm »
Sell the players who aren't good enough to generate funds, not your best players. It's taking 3 step backwards to make one step, it makes no sense.

I’m sorry but the FSG propaganda has messed up some fans heads...

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14768 on: April 14, 2021, 04:32:16 pm »
I've never seen any other player ever in our history, touted to be sold by our supporters every season. If he's great, sell him. If he's poor sell him, whatever reason, just sell him.

Genuinely weird at this point.

guess its the twatter generation thats easily taken in by the social media shitshow.

they take in and believe everything the media and pundits spew about our best goalscorer.

Salah a diver. Sell him
Salah is selfish. Sell him
Salah misses open goals. Sell him

we will only miss him and realize what a legend we had only when he is gone.

Our top scorer for 4 seasons in a row. adding in the long awaited EPL and CL trophy with the goals he scored yet he is treated like squad player to raise funds.

Really baffling. The grass is greener on the other side when sancho who hardly matches salah goal output gets a major shout as a replacement. Not as bad as replacing balo and borini with suarez but surely we wont let that happen again

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #14769 on: April 14, 2021, 04:39:49 pm »
We should be in a position now, financially, and otherwise, to sell players when they are no longer of use to us, or can be improved on. Not when they are our best player/s.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14770 on: April 14, 2021, 04:50:35 pm »
He’s fantastic.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14771 on: April 14, 2021, 05:29:44 pm »
Thank you for saving me a response. Selling Salah under every metric would be stupid.

Especially for Sancho, who is nothing like the same player.

The only way it’d be acceptable to sell Salah is if we signed someone of the ilk of Mbappe or Haaland to replace him. And that’s not happening.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #14772 on: April 14, 2021, 05:42:57 pm »
as long as we don't sell him before he gets his revenge tonight  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14773 on: April 14, 2021, 05:43:11 pm »
Especially for Sancho, who is nothing like the same player.

The only way it’d be acceptable to sell Salah is if we signed someone of the ilk of Mbappe or Haaland to replace him. And that’s not happening.

And not because of the transfer fee alone but the astronomical wages [see Haaland's Barca demands for instance]

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14774 on: April 14, 2021, 05:43:24 pm »
https://theanalyst.com/eu/2021/04/only-mohamed-salah/

Anyone who thinks we should cash in on him, read this!
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14775 on: April 14, 2021, 05:45:32 pm »
2 years to the day he scored that screamer against Chelsea

Little refresher https://youtu.be/mKY-kheEhBo

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #14776 on: April 14, 2021, 05:53:13 pm »
If he does go, he's going to be so, soooo sadly missed.

He's an absolute legend of the club and fans should embrace that.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #14777 on: April 14, 2021, 06:27:09 pm »
why the hell we talking about selling him

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #14778 on: April 14, 2021, 06:47:06 pm »
why the hell we talking about selling him
No idea. I’d rather sell a kidney

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14779 on: April 14, 2021, 09:53:45 pm »
We can’t create against a low block so we desperately needed him to take the chances he did get. And he had more than enough golden chances. Annoying we’re so bad at getting him the ball in dangerous positions though.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #14780 on: April 14, 2021, 09:55:09 pm »
It feels like it’s 75% on Mo to get us goals, 20% on Jota and 5% on Trent. Outside of them I don’t feel like anyone else will contribute at the moment.

Should of took his chances, but can’t be so reliant on him.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14781 on: April 14, 2021, 09:55:28 pm »
Hes the only player in red that scores goals. We have a midfield that is allergic to scoring, and Mane and Firmino goalscoring recently has been shite. Should have took that chance but we would be fucked without him.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14782 on: April 14, 2021, 09:55:36 pm »
Has his agent tweeted any punctuation this evening?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14783 on: April 14, 2021, 09:55:49 pm »
It feels like it’s 75% on Mo to get us goals, 20% on Jota and 5% on Trent. Outside of them I don’t feel like anyone else will contribute at the moment.

Should of took his chances, but can’t be so reliant on him.

Very true. Although mane did a good job making stuff happen today at least.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14784 on: April 14, 2021, 09:56:34 pm »
Has his agent tweeted any punctuation this evening?
*meow*

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #14785 on: April 14, 2021, 10:08:43 pm »
As brilliant as he is, Mo absolutely hates those squared chances, rollled across goal, he nearly always makes a mess of them. It’s like they’re too easy and he becomes scared of the chance. I remember an even easier one in front of the Kop against Man Utd, he ended up nearly falling over the ball.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #14786 on: April 17, 2021, 12:14:04 am »
It would be ludicrous to sell Salah and keep the other two considering the fact that no one at the club currently has Salah's goal contributions, no one is even close and there is no guarantee that any replacement outside from the likes of Mbappe or Haaland would be able to match that and we all know we ain't getting these two.

Not sure about MBappe but Haaland would probably score a bag of goals from the type of chances our fullbacks create.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #14787 on: April 17, 2021, 12:21:15 am »
Hes the only player in red that scores goals. We have a midfield that is allergic to scoring, and Mane and Firmino goalscoring recently has been shite. Should have took that chance but we would be fucked without him.
I don’t want to diss Salah but to say others wouldn’t score the chances he’s missed is a bit misleading. The one that ended up in Courtois’s arms in the first few minutes... I was thinking if it was Mo out side squaring the ball and Mané or Jota were in the central position they might’ve had more composure in front of goal. We’ll never know because Mo was the one occupying the space and he missed. These things happen though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:27:23 am by Morgana »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14788 on: April 17, 2021, 02:42:21 am »
... I was thinking if it was Mo out side squaring the ball and Mané or Jota were in the central position they might’ve had more composure in front of goal.

What on earth makes you think that Mane would have more composure in that same situation given the season he's had? He's scored 1 goal in 11 matches. He had no composure in front of the keeper in the previous game leading up to this, but he would have magically had more composure than Salah in the same scenario?

The problem for Salah wasn't a lack of composure, he didn't strike the ball cleanly.

Also OOS didn't say that others would miss from that chance in particular, he said that he's the only one consistently scoring goals not named Mane and or Firmino. The only reason we had a lifeline in the 2nd leg after our horrible performance in the first leg, was precisely because he got the away goal that gave us said lifeline.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14789 on: April 17, 2021, 03:00:27 am »
Are we talking about selling him because the club is financially strapped?
Or because we should sell him because we want to have Mbappe here as an exchange to refersh our striking department?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14790 on: April 17, 2021, 05:21:25 am »
Are we talking about selling him because the club is financially strapped?
Or because we should sell him because we want to have Mbappe here as an exchange to refersh our striking department?
Or we're not talking about selling him.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14791 on: April 17, 2021, 05:30:38 am »
Or we're not talking about selling him.

I could have sworn there is lots of talk about that here.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14792 on: April 17, 2021, 05:32:16 am »
I could have sworn there is lots of talk about that here.
Oh right, I thought by 'we' you meant Klopp and the club - the only ones that matter in his kind of scenario

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #14793 on: April 17, 2021, 10:36:10 am »
I don’t want to diss Salah but to say others wouldn’t score the chances he’s missed is a bit misleading. The one that ended up in Courtois’s arms in the first few minutes... I was thinking if it was Mo out side squaring the ball and Mané or Jota were in the central position they might’ve had more composure in front of goal. We’ll never know because Mo was the one occupying the space and he missed. These things happen though.

I can exclusively reveal that across all footballers that chance would have been scored 3 times out of 10. Don’t ask me how I know I don’t talk sources

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #14794 on: April 17, 2021, 10:45:35 am »
He’s been fantastic since the day he arrived.  Leading scorer 4 seasons in row, first to score 20 plus goals in 4 consecutive seasons since Ian Rush in the 80’s and he’s not even a striker he’s a winger.  Anyone who wants him sold needs there fuckin head testing.   

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #14795 on: April 17, 2021, 11:08:15 am »
we STILL on about selling him? NOT HAPPENING

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14796 on: April 17, 2021, 12:34:45 pm »
we STILL on about selling him? NOT HAPPENING

We better hope so. Without him or Jota in the team, we would be close to being involved in a relegation battle, because the rest of the team couldn't hit a door at the moment.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14797 on: April 17, 2021, 04:01:12 pm »
Short of a few players, there’s an entire team of players that should go before him

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14798 on: April 17, 2021, 04:36:12 pm »
Is he leading in the golden boot race?
Believer

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #14799 on: April 17, 2021, 04:44:17 pm »