Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4571311 times)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #49880 on: December 11, 2018, 09:30:38 am »
So according to Rachel Maddow, the NRA spent $33m in 2016, triple what they spent on Romney.  And the money came from a section of the group that, apparently, doesn't have to declare its donor sources.  Yet now they're apparently on the edge of bankruptcy, with NRA TV on the verge of folding.

And the guy who was Butina's "handler" in Russia has apparently suddenly retired.  Funny that.

On the Last Word it's been said that it is vitally important and also perfectly acceptable for Trump to be indicted before he leaves office, even if he does not stand trial immediately.  It makes it politically impossible, or at least highly damaging, for Pence to then pardon him, a la Ford to Nixon (who was not indicted).

From what I understand, the idea that a sitting president can not be indicted is just a justice department norm, not court-made law. So it could still be tried and then tested in court.

Butina's handler has just 'retired'? Usually they fall out of a window by accident. I wonder about yer flipping. She must be terrified of what Putin will do in revenge for a flip. Maybe Putin wants her to flip?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49881 on: December 11, 2018, 09:42:28 am »
From what I understand, the idea that a sitting president can not be indicted is just a justice department norm, not court-made law. So it could still be tried and then tested in court.

Butina's handler has just 'retired'? Usually they fall out of a window by accident. I wonder about yer flipping. She must be terrified of what Putin will do in revenge for a flip. Maybe Putin wants her to flip?

Well he has certainly become unavailable.  But maybe she's planning some kind of Paul Manafort-esque pretence at flipping?  But Mueller would surely know that?  He certainly guessed it about Manafort.

It would be hilarious for the GOP to complain about the DoJ breaking norms by indicting Trump after all the norms he has shat on!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #49882 on: December 11, 2018, 11:53:36 am »
Reuters
Reluctant U.S. Supreme Court on collision course with Trump
By Lawrence Hurley 
1 hr ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court's reluctance to take up new cases on volatile social issues is putting it on a collision course with President Donald Trump, whose Justice Department is trying to rush such disputes through the appeals system to get them before the nine justices as quickly as possible.

That tension could come to head in 2019 if the court continues to avoid cases that the Republican president's lawyers are aggressively trying to bring to the justices. The court's 5-4 conservative majority includes Trump appointees Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch.

While Trump has suffered a series of setbacks in lower federal courts since taking office last year, he has collected major victories at the Supreme Court. Most notably, the court in June upheld in a 5-4 ruling Trump's travel ban targeting people from several Muslim-majority countries, with Gorsuch casting a pivotal vote, after lower courts had blocked the policy.

But since Kavanaugh joined the bench in October after a bitter Senate confirmation fight, the court has declined to take up appeals by conservative-leaning states seeking to deny public funds to women's healthcare and abortion provider Planned Parenthood, while postponing action on a dispute over federal employment protections opposed by Trump's administration for gay and transgender people.

At the same time, the administration has been seeking to leap-frog more liberal-leaning lower courts to get cases on divisive questions over immigration, transgender rights and the U.S. census before the justices more rapidly.

"The court seems to be in go-slow mode at the moment when it comes to big cases. The court appears content to focus on meat-and-potatoes cases rather than blockbuster ones," said Kannon Shanmugam, a lawyer who regularly argues cases before the justices.

Trump has frequently railed against the lower courts, especially the liberal-leaning San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, that have ruled against him in some major cases including the travel ban.

In a setback to social and religious conservatives who strongly support Trump, the high court on Monday declined to take up appeals by Kansas and Louisiana to deny Planned Parenthood public funds under the Medicaid health insurance program for the poor.

Three of the court's five conservatives voted to hear the matter, but with conservatives Kavanaugh and Chief Justice John Roberts declining to join them they fell a vote short of the required four needed to take up a case.

Conservative Justice Clarence Thomas accused his colleagues of ducking the case because of its controversial nature.

Last week, the court put off action in another divisive case involving whether federal employment law outlaws discrimination against gay and transgender people. There are three appeals on the issue begging attention from the court, but the justices have not yet acted.

The court also has delayed action in a case concerning Republican-drawn U.S. congressional districts in North Carolina that were struck down by a lower court that found the boundaries were drawn to ensure lopsided electoral victories for their party against rival Democrats.

'BEING VERY CAREFUL'

"It does appear they are being very careful based on their actions so far. They don't seem eager to take on avoidable, potentially controversial cases. It may be that they have a heightened sensitivity right now," Shannon Minter, legal director of the National Center for Lesbian Rights advocacy group, said of the justices.

The court early next year must decide whether to hear two high-profile appeals by Trump's administration. One involves the president's bid to end deportation protections for hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants known as "Dreamers" who were brought into the United States as children. The other involves his proposed limits on transgender people serving in the military.

Both policies were blocked by lower courts.

In an unusually aggressive strategy, Solicitor General Noel Francisco, a conservative lawyer who is Trump's top Supreme Court advocate, sought to bypass lower appeals courts by asking the justices to take up both cases early in the appellate process.

Of the two cases, the court may be more likely to hear the immigration dispute, according to Nicole Saharsky, a former Justice Department lawyer now in private practice. The transgender case "seems like more of a reach," Saharsky added.

Jonathan Adler, a professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law, said Trump's lawyers are in a delicate position.

"On the one hand, if they overplay their hand on a regular basis, they risk alienating the justices. On the other hand, there are some cases ... in which they have legitimate complaints. In a sense, they don't want to cry wolf, but there are wolves out there," Adler said.

The justices have agreed to hear an administration appeal in a case in which a group of states has challenged the Commerce Department's decision to add a contentious citizenship question to the census to be conducted in 2020.

But in doing so, the justices sent mixed messages by refusing to block a trial on the issue in New York, as the administration requested. The case will be argued before the justices on Feb. 19.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/reluctant-us-supreme-court-on-collision-course-with-trump/ar-BBQMkaJ?ocid=spartanntp

Maybe Kav is not such a dick after all. (No sons, 2 daughters can change your perspective of the world.)

However, faithful to his conservative values, Uncle Thomas still is.  Have you no sense of decency, sir?

Can't wait till someone Welch's The Lizard.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49883 on: December 11, 2018, 11:59:23 am »
Maybe Putin wants her to flip?

She'll be retiring soon.
Kill the humourless

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #49884 on: December 11, 2018, 12:13:47 pm »
Hatch, is retiring, but he`s in it up to his neck with the NRA. He`s gonna back the whole Trump-shitshow to his grave for personal reasons.

Fair point, and possibly on it being him personally rather than signifying the likely route for a GOP senate to close its eyes to things it judges more politic to ignore.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49885 on: December 11, 2018, 12:16:56 pm »
Dick Cheney deserves to be forced into the Chief of Staff spot.  He'd get so frustrated, he'd kill Fungus in his sleep.

When asked by his friend how many burgers he'd eaten at the BBQ, Caesar reportedly replied, "Et 2 Brutus."
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49886 on: December 11, 2018, 12:20:29 pm »
Fair point, and possibly on it being him personally rather than signifying the likely route for a GOP senate to close its eyes to things it judges more politic to ignore.

Hatch will be looking to godfather Romney in the upcoming election and getting his cabinet spot of choice.

I hate Hatch, I hate the Morons and their stupid cult. They might be very bad for America.
Kill the humourless

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49887 on: December 11, 2018, 01:05:18 pm »
Fuckface is ranting on Twitter about his wall again. 5 tweets of the usual shit. "They want Open Borders for anyone to come in. This brings large scale crime and disease."

And you'll be happy to know we are building a Great Wall, just like Jina has! "Ice, Border Patrol and our Military have done a FANTASTIC job of securing our Southern Border. A Great Wall would be, however, a far easier & less expensive solution."
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #49888 on: December 11, 2018, 01:14:54 pm »
Fuckface is ranting on Twitter about his wall again. 5 tweets of the usual shit. "They want Open Borders for anyone to come in. This brings large scale crime and disease."

And you'll be happy to know we are building a Great Wall, just like Jina has! "Ice, Border Patrol and our Military have done a FANTASTIC job of securing our Southern Border. A Great Wall would be, however, a far easier & less expensive solution."

Democrats have to stiffen their spines and give the fucker nothing. No wins. Least of all his stupid fucking vanity wall.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #49889 on: December 11, 2018, 01:31:33 pm »

And there in a few words is exactly what is wrong with the debate. The conflation of a discussion about (illegal) immigration, preventing it, and the use of the word disease. It is despicable language to use but he, and millions of others, won`t see it that way.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49890 on: December 11, 2018, 02:32:47 pm »
Reuters
Reluctant U.S. Supreme Court on collision course with Trump
By

Maybe Kav is not such a dick after all. (No sons, 2 daughters can change your perspective of the world.)

However, faithful to his conservative values, Uncle Thomas still is.  Have you no sense of decency, sir?

Can't wait till someone Welch's The Lizard.

I think that they know they will outlast trump by decades...they don't want to become a rubber stamping machine. Roberts could be very important going forward.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:01:21 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #49891 on: December 11, 2018, 02:37:34 pm »
Democrats have to stiffen their spines and give the fucker nothing. No wins. Least of all his stupid fucking vanity wall.

That'd be the most effective approach to beating him in 2020, much better than impeaching him. Shut him down legislatively. Allow him to implement nothing. And watch the fucker implode on Twitter.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49892 on: December 11, 2018, 02:41:47 pm »
That'd be the most effective approach to beating him in 2020, much better than impeaching him. Shut him down legislatively. Allow him to implement nothing. And watch the fucker implode on Twitter.

The problem is democrats are obsessed with being seen as the 'adults in the room' capable of legislating issues across the board and being above partisanship. But any time they take the high road and decide to play ball with Trump, he will call them weak and flaunt his victory all over their faces.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49893 on: December 11, 2018, 02:50:13 pm »
After Huawei executive's arrest, some Chinese companies retaliate against Apple

WASHINGTON, D.C. — A growing number of companies across China have announced new policies requiring the exclusive use of Huawei products, and in some cases penalizing employees who purchase iPhones, in what appears to be a growing domestic movement to support the Chinese tech giant after the arrest of one of its top executives in Canada.

One company in Shenzhen, where Huawei is based, has even said that it will punish employees for buying iPhones. Menpad, which makes LCD displays and is one of Huawei’s many suppliers, wrote in a statement on its website that “if employees buy any iPhone for themselves, the company will impose a 100 percent penalty on the basis of the phone’s market price.” The company announced a total of seven different measures to support Huawei and oppose American companies, including that employees no longer buy American-made cars.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/huawei-executives-arrest-chinese-companies-retaliate-apple-184659109.html

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49894 on: December 11, 2018, 02:54:29 pm »
She'll be retiring soon.

Is that code for learning to base jump?

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49895 on: December 11, 2018, 03:10:48 pm »
Is that code for learning to base jump?

Think the Skripal boys are/will soon be sleeping with the fish?
Kill the humourless

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #49896 on: December 11, 2018, 03:46:14 pm »
The problem is democrats are obsessed with being seen as the 'adults in the room' capable of legislating issues across the board and being above partisanship. But any time they take the high road and decide to play ball with Trump, he will call them weak and flaunt his victory all over their faces.

It`s all very well supporting good legislation, but the guy has not had a good, or at least morally decent, idea.

He just wants "WINS!" for his base. Anything to keep his support and maybe grow it some. Shut him down and go head to head with him on their policies come the next election. He`s got nothing, and will have achieved very little.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49897 on: December 11, 2018, 04:22:57 pm »
Poll: Approval ratings for Trump, Mueller both fall

The weirdest part about this story is that polling agencies are even asking about approval for Mueller. He's not an elected politician that should even be judged by public approval. America is a weird place.

Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #49898 on: December 11, 2018, 04:33:53 pm »
Shut him down and go head to head with him on their policies come the next election. He`s got nothing, and will have achieved very little.

Can he not just bypass a lot with executive orders?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #49899 on: December 11, 2018, 04:40:53 pm »
Today's Google hearing is another waste of time in which Baby Boomer politicians either ask for technology to be explained to them or altered to overcome perceived biases. Meanwhile, the role these technologies had in Trump's election are neglected. The fact Alex Jones and Roger Stone are both in attendance says all you need to know

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49900 on: December 11, 2018, 05:00:10 pm »
Trump moves to relax Obama-era water protections

The Trump administration on Tuesday proposed reduced federal protections for many small waterways such as streams and wetlands, opening them up to potential new harm from developers, energy companies and others.

The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposal would redefine the “Waters of the United States” (WOTUS), a legal term for which waterways are protected from harm and pollution by the federal government under the Clean Water Act.

The change is a major victory for developers, energy companies and other industries that emit water pollutants and use land. They had complained that under the 2015 rule created by the Obama administration, large swaths of often dry land required permits for routine activities.

Trump administration officials said that the new rule would make it easier and simpler for farmers, landowners, developers, states and others to tell if a water body is federally protected.

Streamlining that determination is important to industries because certain activities that could pollute water, like filling ditches or moving ponds, might require an expensive federal permit.

EPA leaders are promoting the rule change as a means to give states more authority to regulate water pollution.

“Our proposal would replace the 2015 definition with one that restores the rule of law and the primary role of states in managing their land and water resources. It would end years of uncertainty over where federal jurisdiction begins and ends,” acting EPA chief Andrew Wheeler told reporters Monday.

“Our new, more precise definition means that hard-working Americans will spend less time and money determining whether they need a federal permit and more time upgrading aging infrastructure, building homes, creating jobs and growing crops to feed our families,” he said.

Under the Trump administration’s proposed definition, certain small streams that are tributaries of larger water bodies will no longer be protected, nor will wetlands that aren’t directly connected to otherwise protected waters such as rivers.

Streambeds that only have water when it rains also won’t be subject to federal protection.

David Ross, head of the EPA’s water office, said the rule keeps many of the same features of the one from 2015. But the biggest differences come in the definitions of wetlands and tributaries, he said.

He pointed to many of the inclusions and exclusions in the new rule, saying, “a lot of that language was actually pulled from the 2015 rule.”

EPA could not offer clear numbers for the amount of waterways that would lose protections under the new proposal.

Ross said regulators could not quantify the amount and he criticized attempts to do so, saying many of the determinations would have to be made on-site.

Environmentalists are warning that about 60 percent of stream miles will no longer be protected from pollution under the rule.

“No one has that data,” Ross said, challenging green groups.

“There is no map of waters of the United States, and there never has been one.”

Before joining the EPA, Ross worked for the Republican attorneys general of Wyoming and Wisconsin to help sue to stop the 2015 rule.

The EPA will accept public comments for 60 days on the rule. It then must review the comments and make changes before making the rule final, at which point opponents — likely green groups and Democratic states — can sue in federal court.

Ross said the EPA hopes to finalized the rule by the end of 2019, but he resisted setting any actual timeline.

The EPA is working on a separate track to repeal the Obama 2015 rule. It proposed to do so in 2017 and refined the proposal this year, but still has not made the repeal final.

An attempt under former EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt to indefinitely delay the 2015 rule’s implementation was overturned in court earlier this year, leading to the current fractured, state-by-state enforcement.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/420775-trump-moves-to-relax-obama-era-water-protections

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49901 on: December 11, 2018, 05:21:28 pm »
Poll: Approval ratings for Trump, Mueller both fall

The weirdest part about this story is that polling agencies are even asking about approval for Mueller. He's not an elected politician that should even be judged by public approval. America is a weird place.

Because that is an entertaining question.
And it throws up a false equivalency 'contest' between 2 opponents.

I wonder who that suits?
I wonder who would pay for it?
CNN...of course.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49902 on: December 11, 2018, 05:23:26 pm »
Trump moves to relax Obama-era water protections

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/420775-trump-moves-to-relax-obama-era-water-protections

Nixon created the EPA. Nixon.
How far the GzoP has come in 50 years.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49903 on: December 11, 2018, 05:27:56 pm »
Today's Google hearing is another waste of time in which Baby Boomer politicians either ask for technology to be explained to them or altered to overcome perceived biases. Meanwhile, the role these technologies had in Trump's election are neglected. The fact Alex Jones and Roger Stone are both in attendance says all you need to know

I think it's great because without it Rep. Zoe Lofgren wouldn't have been able to ask and get n the record why when people image searcg idiot that Dumpf and his spawn come top in all the results.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49904 on: December 11, 2018, 05:45:04 pm »
Video of Trump and Schumer arguing.

JUST IN: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security ... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it," President Trump tells Senate Minority Leader Schumer in the Oval Office.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1072544085548908546

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #49905 on: December 11, 2018, 05:49:37 pm »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #49906 on: December 11, 2018, 05:51:00 pm »
After having watched a Trevor Noah piece can we start calling Don Jr. "Individual One Jr"? I like that... :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49907 on: December 11, 2018, 05:57:15 pm »

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49908 on: December 11, 2018, 06:53:51 pm »
The Washington Post
Trump, Pelosi and Schumer have on-camera shouting match as wall talks break down
Erica Werner, John Wagner 
18 mins ago

President Trump, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer clashed Tuesday over funding for the border wall, an explosive Oval Office encounter that ended with Trump declaring he’d be proud to shut down the government to get what he wants.

The stunning public spat, during which Schumer accused the president of throwing a “temper tantrum,” ended with no resolution and appeared to increase the chances of a partial government shutdown at the end of next week.

The three leaders pointed fingers, raised their voices and interrupted each other repeatedly as they fought over policy and politics.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Schumer lectured Trump that “Elections have consequences, Mr. President.”

Trump claimed that, because she is working to nail down the votes to become speaker, “Nancy’s in a situation where it’s not easy for her to talk right now.”

Pelosi answered: “Please don’t characterize the strength that I bring to this meeting.”

It was the first encounter among the three leaders in more than a year, and if it offered a taste of politics in Washington next year when Democrats control the House, the Capitol is in for a rough ride.

Pelosi repeatedly asked the president to take the encounter off-camera but it continued for nearly 20 rancorous minutes before Trump ejected the media.

“We came in here in good faith and we are entering into this kind of a discussion in the public view,” she said during the meeting’s public portion.

Pelosi and Schumer both implored Trump not to shut down the government. Trump initially said he didn’t want a shutdown either but in the end announced that he did.

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck,” Trump said, insisting the public doesn’t want criminals and others coming into the country. “I’m going to shut it down for border securty.”

“We believe you shouldn’t shut it down,” Schumer said.

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck,” Trump said.

Trump wants $5 billion for the wall in 2019 while Democrats are offering only $1.3 billion — a gulf that showed no signs Tuesday of getting bridged.

The meeting occurred several hours after House Republicans dug in on their demand for $5 billion in support of Trump’s stance.

“Our position is the president’s position,” House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) told reporters at a news conference. “We share the president’s goal. ... We need to secure the border.”

Funding for the Homeland Security Department and a number of other agencies dries up Dec. 21 unless Congress and Trump act first.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday urged Democrats to accomodate Trump’s wall demands, warning lawmakers either needed to cooperate or “prepare for a very, very long month.”

“For the nation’s sake, I hope that my Democratic friends are prepared to have a serious discussion and reach an accommodation with the president on funding for border security,” he said in a speech on the Senate floor.

There were two brief government shutdowns earlier this year, one of them provoked by Senate Democrats over immigration.

The $1.3 billion would extend current funding levels contained in the spending bill for the Homeland Security Department — which Democrats want to maintain at existing levels if no new deal can be reached.

If there is no agreement by the end of next week, funding will run out for the Homeland Security Department and other agencies including the Justice, Interior and Agriculture departments. Those agencies, making up about 25 percent of the federal government, are operating on a short-term spending bill Congress passed last week to move the shutdown deadline. The rest of the federal government, including the Pentagon, has already been funded through the 2019 budget year.

Earlier Tuesday, Trump expressed his desire for border wall funding across five tweets.

He touted his administration’s efforts to deter illegal border crossings, praising Border Patrol officers and the military for doing a “FANTASTIC job” and claiming that “Our Southern Border is now Secure and will remain that way.”

Yet Trump argued that the “Great Wall” he repeatedly promised on the campaign trail would be “a far easier & less expensive solution,” and he accused Democrats of resisting his plans “for strictly political reasons.”

Trump also threatened that if Democrats don’t provide enough votes to build the wall, “the Military will build the remaining sections.” He did not elaborate on how that would be funded. Trump had long promised that Mexico would pay for the wall but it’s now on U.S. taxpayers to foot the bill.

Democrats have argued that if there is a partial shutdown, Trump and Republicans will be to blame because of their political pursuit of a wall that doesn’t meet genuine national security goals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-pelosi-and-schumer-have-on-camera-shouting-match-as-wall-talks-break-down/ar-BBQOExu?ocid=spartandhp

Check the vid.  Chuck is taking no shit.

Broooklyn is in da house and in the Lizard's  face!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:04:40 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49909 on: December 11, 2018, 06:56:48 pm »
Pence is a coward,on the odd occasions that he opened his eyes he just stared at his hands and feet

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49910 on: December 11, 2018, 07:02:47 pm »
Pence is a coward,on the odd occasions that he opened his eyes he just stared at his hands and feet

His job is to be a yes man.

Which he was before he got this job.
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49911 on: December 11, 2018, 07:07:00 pm »
Interesting article from Brownstein about how Trump's base looks even more evangelical frm the exit poll data when white blue collar votes are split between evangelicals and non evangelicals.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/11/politics/the-foundation-of-trumps-coalition-is-cracking/index.html

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49912 on: December 11, 2018, 07:10:16 pm »
Watching the worm squirm as Schumer schooled him was priceless.  Fungus was seething.  Probably asked Pompeo if Schumer could be killed.

The Emperor is losing his clothes.
Kill the humourless

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49913 on: December 11, 2018, 08:24:42 pm »
For anybody wanting to see it...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/URqbv9R7a7k&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/URqbv9R7a7k&amp;t=1s</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49914 on: December 11, 2018, 08:53:09 pm »
Watching the worm squirm as Schumer schooled him was priceless.  Fungus was seething.  Probably asked Pompeo if Schumer could be killed.

The Emperor is losing his clothes.

So minor league and unprofessional.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49915 on: December 11, 2018, 11:59:06 pm »
Judge orders Stormy Daniels to reimburse Trump's legal fees

A US judge has ordered porn actress Stormy Daniels to reimburse President Donald Trump's legal fees after her defamation case was thrown out.

Ms Daniels, who says she had sex with Mr Trump in 2006, sued him after he mocked her claim that a stranger had threatened her to keep quiet.

On Tuesday, a judge ordered her to pay over $293,052.33 (£234,000) - roughly 75% of Mr Trump's legal fees.

A lawyer for Mr Trump celebrated the ruling as a "total victory".

In Tuesday's ruling, Los Angeles Judge James Otero declined to impose the "significant additional sanctions" requested by the US president's legal team against Ms Daniels.

Mr Trump's attorney, Charles Harder, had earlier requested that Ms Daniels be forced to pay almost $800,000 after her lawsuit was dismissed in October.

He said on Tuesday that the penalty includes $1,000 for having filed a "meritless" case.

"The court's order," Mr Harder said, "along with the court's prior order dismissing Stormy Daniels' defamation case against the President, together constitute a total victory for the President, and a total defeat for Stormy Daniels in this case."

Ms Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, said in a tweet that the ruling "will never hold up on appeal".

Mr Avenatti is representing Ms Daniels in another lawsuit against Mr Trump and his former attorney Michael Cohen.

The adult film actress is seeking to void a nondisclosure agreement about her alleged affair with the president.

What was the defamation case about?

Ms Daniels, real name Stephanie Clifford, said last April that she had been threatened by a man in a car park to keep quiet about the alleged affair.

She shared a sketch of the man who she claimed had threatened her and her child.

Mr Trump retweeted the image, calling it a "total con job", and describing the image as being of a "non-existent man".

She sued arguing that the president's tweet was defamatory as it accused Ms Daniels of "committing a serious crime" - namely, falsely accusing a person of threatening her.

But in October, the judge ruled that Mr Trump's tweet was protected under the First Amendment, which guarantees the right to freedom of speech.

The judge said Mr Trump's tweet was merely a "hyperbolic statement" against a political antagonist.

After that initial court victory, Mr Trump promptly took to Twitter, saying his legal team could now "go after Horseface and her 3rd rate lawyer".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46532156

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49916 on: December 12, 2018, 12:20:42 am »
So minor league and unprofessional.

Forever out of his depth.  Thinking that his personal charm and power will win over.
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49917 on: December 12, 2018, 01:26:29 am »
Forever out of his depth.  Thinking that his personal charm and power will win over.

Delusional leadeding the delusional.

Chuck looked poor in that meeting. He looked like the one that should be havong his leadership questioned.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49918 on: December 12, 2018, 01:41:05 am »
Schumer looking at the camera reminded me of Jim/Tim in the Office. It's the 'can you believe this cretin?' look.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49919 on: December 12, 2018, 02:35:38 am »
Delusional leadeding the delusional.

Chuck looked poor in that meeting. He looked like the one that should be havong his leadership questioned.

Chuck baited Fungus and got what he wanted.

The Hill
Reporter says Trump 'stormed out' of Oval Office after Dem meeting
Michael Burke 
1 hr ago

Los Angeles Times White House reporter Eli Stokols said Tuesday that President Trump "stormed out" of the Oval Office after a meeting Tuesday with key Democrats and threw a folder full of papers out of frustration.

"He stormed out of the Oval, walked into an anteroom just off the Oval Office and had in his hand a folder of briefing papers. And he just scattered them out of frustration - threw them across the room," Stokols said on MSNBC's "Hardball," citing his own reporting with White House officials.

Trump met Tuesday with Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Charles Schumer inside the Oval Office.

The public meeting quickly generated headlines after Trump pledged to shut down the government if he couldn't get funding for a wall along the southern border. He also said he would take the blame for that shutdown if it occurs.

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck," Trump told Schumer. "I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

Stokols, the Los Angeles Times reporter, also said Tuesday on "Hardball" that Trump was frustrated with Schumer following the meeting.

"His old New York sparring buddy, he felt, got the better of him," Stokols said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/reporter-says-trump-stormed-out-of-oval-office-after-dem-meeting/ar-BBQOYcq?ocid=spartandhp
Kill the humourless