Author Topic: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0  (Read 42870 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool v Bayern
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:38 pm »

That was as bad as Leicester.
Nope. Not least because we were playing an elite opposition. Much more accomplished than Leicester.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:39 pm »
Poor game of togger that.

All or nothing in the second leg.
First half was excellent, but it died second half.

We missed Fabinho in midfield, Gini doesn’t look 100% fit.  The black Gascoigne (TM) looked excellent but tired.

Another 10 day break, and we look a little rusty once again
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:54 pm »
Fabinho and Hendo, top class performances.

Virgil back and a fresher Bob Firmino, we can do them.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:56 pm »
Not the worst result but I'm really, really frustrated with that. Seems like we have a defender playing out of their skin every time but there comes a point when you're making them look unbeatable with your sloppiness. Some absolutely superb moves and dribbles mixed with some atrocious passing or swiping at the ball all within the same passage of play.

Still, I can't really say that anyone was bad. Salah was a bit quiet and I thought TAA was sloppy but that's to be expected having been out for a while. To be honest I thought everyone else was very good at worst.

I think it helps to be reminded that sometimes teams just cancel each other out without anyone really doing anything wrong. I've clearly just been spoiled by last year's dream performances!

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:56 pm »
Decent for 2nd leg but we need to improve fast.

Keita is a weird player his dribbling is good but shocking passing.
To be fair, Bayern we’re camped on the edge of their box and everyone was running into brick walls.
I’d rather a 0-0 than a 0-1.

All we need is a goal or 2 at the Allianz.

Virgil back. Fabinho Hendo and Wijnaldum/ Keita in mid. We need more intensity in chasing down them playing it around at the back.
They didn’t half piss me off by sitting back and passing from CB to GK to CB.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:59 pm »
Think on some level playing in fewer competitions is harming us. We seem sort of disjointed.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:01 pm »
That set us up nicely to unleash in the away leg ... Howard Gayle!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:04 pm »
What do you know, a 50/50 betting odds game and xG match up game is a draw.  We were better and it's against Bayern.  Yes our decision making in the final 3rd let us down but considering who we were starting at CB it's not a terrible result and makes for a tough game for Bayern at the Allianz as they can't go all out from the off.  Why didn't Gini just kick the ball in the net when Salah cut in but lost the ball?  The Mane chances he had his back to goal but Gini just needed to kick it.  Oh well...

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:11 pm »
Said before that it seemed impossible that either team would keep a clean sheet. In the end both did. Shows how much I know about football  ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:29 pm »

That was as bad as Leicester.

Fucking hell. Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the champions league.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:32 pm »
Not on our game, but great to see our slapped together center defense do really well. Just a touch away from a few goals.

As long as we up our away leg performance from the rest of this year, that's a great result for us. Klopp will have them ready!

Just repeating 81.  ;)

Yep, who’s gonna be Ray?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:43 pm »
No composure in our attack, snatching at chances and sloppy in possession. Mane should have played in Origi at the end. Not the worst result, we certainly shouldn’t fear playing at theirs. Does Matip wear his boots on the opposite feet? Some awful mishits when he should have hit the target.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:45 pm »
See what happens then they decide to push on a bit at home. Clean sheet with that centre back pairing I'll take. That little bit missing in front of goal for us. Should be a good game over there.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline redboxingyeti

• Main Stander
  • Jurgen Believer
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:49 pm »
Not getting all of the negativity, nor the love in of Bayern from the commentators tonight.
It wasn't a great game, but I thought we did fine - Keita looked good first half, defense did absolutely fine, and Henderson played a captain's game.
We were wasteful but not awful. I can see us scoring in the Allianz.

0-0 in 81, 1-1 second leg - not over by a long way.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:50 pm »
They sat back 2nd half. So happy to go home with a 0-0.  It’ll be more so I’m optimistic.

Salah and our full backs were poor. Expect better Sunday

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:53 pm »
One shot on target from them. Shows how much Kovac respected us and feared our counter.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:02 pm »
Why would Milner be starting? Fabinho comes back to midfield, and Henderson and Keita both played well tonight

Milner was much better at winning the ball back when he came on though. Normally of course Fabhino would be in that position certainly for the second leg. But Bayern are very good at winning the ball back quickly there was marked improvement in our play when Milner came on and started doing that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:03 pm »
All to play for.

Bayern nullified  us in the second half.

VVD back for the 2nd leg and we'll play on the break.

No more 10 day gaps between games please as we looked rusty.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:06 pm »
Ps. How good was Fabinho? His 2nd half challenge of Lewandoski was brilliant - great signing

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »
Bobby was good, but Sadio didn't have his shooting boots on. Thought Salah was very subdued, reacted slowly to things, got caught offside not coming back which is not like him.

The midfield was OK, thought Keita was unlucky to come off.

The back 5 were all good defensively, but Alexander-Arnold and Robertson use of the ball was way below their usual standards.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:26 pm »
this is way off .... they played completely differently tonight to how they normally play
where were there full backs all game??!
the 2nd half (and most of the match) was an exercise in killing the game from them

They're conceding more than a goal a game in the Bundesliga and even Ajax mustered 3 against them. This really isn't a defensive giant that turned it on over night. With more accuracy there were goals there for us.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:30 pm »
Think on some level playing in fewer competitions is harming us. We seem sort of disjointed.

Yup, probably why City play strong teams in every game, maintains the rhythm, keeps everyone fresh.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:47 pm »
Nope. Not least because we were playing an elite opposition. Much more accomplished than Leicester.

Speaking of our wayward passing.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:47 pm »
Definitely looked like we hadn't played a proper game in 10 days. I think that's a poor result given the chances we had, but then you look at the overall performance and think it's probably fair enough.
Biggest concern is games like this where we lack cohesion going forward, and struggle to play a consistent 90 are starting to become more and more common.

Also someone needs to have a fucking word with these defenders taking idiotic pot shots from outside the box, VVD gets a pass, but the rest can get to fuck  :P
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:04 pm »
Frustrating, simple final passes not good enough, not the worst result though, away goal and it's up for grabs.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:15 pm »
I wonder if the injuries have had any effect....

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:18 pm »
Fucking hell. Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the champions league.
Genuinely, there’s a total loss of perspective from some and an inability to comprehend that some opponents are very bloody good.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:21 pm »
Well I dunno about you lads but I’m taking that all day
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:29 pm »
They sat back 2nd half. So happy to go home with a 0-0.  It’ll be more so I’m optimistic.

Salah and our full backs were poor. Expect better Sunday

Why are saying just Salah, none of the front three played well. Bobby was below his best not surprisingly considering, Mane certainly was quite poor too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:32 pm »
Something worries me about us over the past couple of months
Things just don’t seem to be clicking the way they were previously.
Last season I think we win that 2 or 3-0. Not saying we won’t go through, Bayern couldn’t be any worse coming forward. Need to massively up our tempo and pressing for the weekend
. We will definitely be in for a game at Ot

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:37 pm »
I hope I never see us go so long again without a competitive game - that’s twice this season and both occasions we were as rusty as fuck on our return.

Trent and Andy were a shadow of their usual selves.

As a team, we gave the ball away for fun. They were up to the sort of stuff you’d expect and the ref, though good overall, bought too many.

The decision making in the final third was poor. The game was summed up for me when Mo (who was very subdued) created a wonderful  - and rare - opportunity, only for Gini to fuck it up.

We’re obviously well in this tie. The return of Virgil will be a huge plus. We are much better than that. I’m unconvinced they are.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:43 pm »
In a 2 legged game if you can't score in the first game then keeping a clean sheet is imperative. We did that therefore me for me it is a positive outcome. We can score 1 or 2 in Munich. If they score 2 or 3 then fair play to them, but I fancy us now.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:05 pm »
Might be me projecting it but I feel like our hearts aren't in it (the CL) this season. Worlds away from how we behaved at home last year.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:10 pm »
Rafinha up against Mane in the 2nd leg is a big thing. That could be a gamechanger.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:23 pm »
No Rhythm unfortunately that is what happens with such a big break .They worked their bollox off in fairness to stop us and they deserve credit for that . Cant see utd being that disciplined so hopefully we can get into a flow and stop this fucking around at the back but with Fabinho in the middle that should give an outlet and we can get the ball forward faster. 

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:26 pm »
He can run around a bit. Not sure you blame him much for tonight though, he barely got a touch.

No blame at all, but he offers very little. I get that Bobby was coming off the flu and was an obvious sub, but Shaqiri or Sturridge would have offered a real threat in a game where a bit of brilliance would have seen the difference
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:27 pm »
They're conceding more than a goal a game in the Bundesliga and even Ajax mustered 3 against them. This really isn't a defensive giant that turned it on over night. With more accuracy there were goals there for us.

I'm sure there were - they were lucky in the first half but seriously can you point me to the last Bundesliga game where there full backs didn't cross half way please?
That was like the Man City game - they played completely differently.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:40 pm »
Interview with the best and worst players on the pitch
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:50 pm »
Makeshift defence and they hardly had a sniff. They will be attacking at home and we are at our best on the counter. Could have been better but given the absence of Virgil I’m pretty comfortable with that.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:54 pm »
Should never have binned off the FA Cup, these breaks do us more harm than good. Its Karma perhaps.