Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 330903 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Rhian Brewster, set to stay
« Reply #560 on: February 12, 2019, 03:20:45 pm »
Not full training though. They were able to join in with the sessions this morning but this afternoon will go off to do their own stuff (I've posted this in the Ox thread).
nice one
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: February 15, 2019, 08:32:06 pm »
Rhian Brewster on his rehab, team spirit and hopes for the future

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/338209-rhian-brewster-interview-rehab-liverpool

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #562 on: March 9, 2019, 09:58:32 am »
A little concerned about his injury to be honest.

He had the cartilidge operation and his recovery was set back by an infection after that

Now, I worry that this might have done damage to his knee joint.

Very tough for the kid, I just hope it’s ok.

Should be back in the under 23s in 3 weeks which is great
« Last Edit: March 9, 2019, 10:28:51 am by Preserved for posterity. »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: March 9, 2019, 10:10:32 am »

He had the cartilidge operation and his recovery was set back by an infection after Thai.

Was it the green curry?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: March 9, 2019, 10:28:33 am »
Oops
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #565 on: March 9, 2019, 11:11:22 am »
Was it the green curry?

Red surely.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: March 12, 2019, 08:48:59 pm »

He had the cartilidge operation and his recovery was set back by an infection after that

Now, I worry that this might have done damage to his knee joint.

Very tough for the kid, I just hope it’s ok.

Should be back in the under 23s in 3 weeks which is great
Was the infection to his knee or ankle? I think he had two ankle operations and one knee?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: March 12, 2019, 09:00:06 pm »
Was the infection to his knee or ankle? I think he had two ankle operations and one knee?
Not sure. Good point.
W

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #568 on: March 13, 2019, 01:11:09 am »
That'd probably explain why he isn't getting a game

;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: March 29, 2019, 06:30:51 pm »
Scored two in an under 18s Friday match today. Came off at half time.

The first is a hell of a goal.

https://twitter.com/rhianbrewster9/status/1111690713153052672?s=21

W

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: March 29, 2019, 06:50:29 pm »
Get in Rhian

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #571 on: March 29, 2019, 06:55:28 pm »
Scored two in an under 18s Friday match today. Came off at half time.

The first is a hell of a goal.

https://twitter.com/rhianbrewster9/status/1111690713153052672?s=21

Him and AOC will be just like two new signings next season. :D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2019, 07:11:43 pm »
Great to see him back.

Think he’s the main reason we haven’t gone big on a 4th striker/forward.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: March 29, 2019, 08:05:47 pm »
Didn't realise his comeback was today, lovely suprise!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2019, 08:16:14 pm »
Great to see him go straight into form like that. Well done Rhian.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2019, 09:01:46 pm »
Looks like the lad has grown a fair bit in the past year. Good to see him back.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: March 29, 2019, 10:54:57 pm »
Delighted to see him back, wonderful first goal as well

Seems to have his head screwed on

Offline robbielad9

• Main Stander
  • Done the treble
« Reply #577 on: March 30, 2019, 08:36:39 am »
Should be a great player next year when back to full fitness.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #578 on: March 30, 2019, 08:43:13 am »
Nice goal. Hopefully we have some long domestic cup runs next season with plenty of opportunity for matchtime for him.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #579 on: April 2, 2019, 09:05:02 pm »
I don't have an agenda (no love in, over hyping or criticism of the specific player) on this but its incredible to watch how much LFC are investing in Brewster and how the approach is different to anything I've seen before.

I just flicked on instagram and saw that Brewsters goal was featured in the goal of the month competition. Don't get me wrong... it was a lovely goal.. there was an international break and a 0-0 with Everton in the month so pickings were slim. At the same time it's really evident that the club are building him up. Over the last 12-months, I can think of the PFA awards with Salah, weekly fitness updates, interviews with LFC TV, pranks with Gomez and Robbo yesterday etc I can't put my fingers on it but I feel that there would be other examples. I feel that this is more than we've seen the club do in the past. We'd all heard of Neil Mellow for instance... but I don't remember the club bigging him up anything like this. It could well just be me getting on a bit and not understanding the social media model either. Funnily enough I don't follow any social media for any of the other teams so can't tell you if this is out of the blue or not. I do however find it fascinating to watch and can't help wonder if its in part a response to getting one step of the issues we've seen City with Sancho and Foden and what we are seeing at Chelsea (C. H-O); all peers of Brewsters from that U-17 world cup winning squad.

I'm really excited for both Rhian and us as fans for what next year brings. With Sturridge leaving, there's a path to the first team for him and if he steps up, stays fit and delivers on the big stage then there's definitely 20 starts for him next year across competitions. We could well have on our hands a priceless £50m+ player from what we've seen so far. Certainly the potential was there before the injury.

As I say no agenda, but just wondering if others think that we are putting more focus here on a player who's yet to play a competitive match and its a change in strategy for us in handling potential "wonder kids".
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: April 2, 2019, 09:45:36 pm »
I don't have an agenda (no love in, over hyping or criticism of the specific player) on this but its incredible to watch how much LFC are investing in Brewster and how the approach is different to anything I've seen before.

I just flicked on instagram and saw that Brewsters goal was featured in the goal of the month competition. Don't get me wrong... it was a lovely goal.. there was an international break and a 0-0 with Everton in the month so pickings were slim. At the same time it's really evident that the club are building him up. Over the last 12-months, I can think of the PFA awards with Salah, weekly fitness updates, interviews with LFC TV, pranks with Gomez and Robbo yesterday etc I can't put my fingers on it but I feel that there would be other examples. I feel that this is more than we've seen the club do in the past. We'd all heard of Neil Mellow for instance... but I don't remember the club bigging him up anything like this. It could well just be me getting on a bit and not understanding the social media model either. Funnily enough I don't follow any social media for any of the other teams so can't tell you if this is out of the blue or not. I do however find it fascinating to watch and can't help wonder if its in part a response to getting one step of the issues we've seen City with Sancho and Foden and what we are seeing at Chelsea (C. H-O); all peers of Brewsters from that U-17 world cup winning squad.

I'm really excited for both Rhian and us as fans for what next year brings. With Sturridge leaving, there's a path to the first team for him and if he steps up, stays fit and delivers on the big stage then there's definitely 20 starts for him next year across competitions. We could well have on our hands a priceless £50m+ player from what we've seen so far. Certainly the potential was there before the injury.

As I say no agenda, but just wondering if others think that we are putting more focus here on a player who's yet to play a competitive match and its a change in strategy for us in handling potential "wonder kids".

I can only assume that they are looking at all the leading indicators of future success and perhaps see a future superstar in him. These could be performance and behavioural/personality indicators. The coaches see big things in him. I can't help but feel that he is a future Marco Reus than Timo Werner.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #581 on: April 2, 2019, 10:00:03 pm »
I loved Neil Mellow, dead chilled he was.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: April 2, 2019, 10:01:58 pm »
To be honest ove no idea how he will turn out.

But he’s been comfortably as good as Sancho and Foden.  Now players don’t always develop the same.  And who knows how his injury troubles will affect him.

But if he can match Sancho?  Great opportunity.  He’s supposed to be an incredibly intelligent player too being able to adapt to different tactics.  Which could be great.
W

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: April 2, 2019, 10:03:30 pm »

But he’s been comfortably as good as Sancho and Foden.
Wouldn't say this was true even before his injuries to be honest.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: April 2, 2019, 10:05:29 pm »
Oh it was.

His output was phenomenal.
W

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: April 2, 2019, 10:07:30 pm »

Personally believe it is absolutely true.

Rhian took the free kicks and penalties with Sancho and Foden in that team- says it all for me.

Without his goals they probably would not have won the world cup. He is as good as those two- different positions but same impact.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: April 2, 2019, 10:08:50 pm »
Yes Brewster was fantastic in that England side. Hopefully he's fully free of that injury and we see big things next season.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #587 on: April 2, 2019, 10:09:09 pm »
I get the impression he’s very highly thought of, hence the club are perhaps doing a bit more for him. Don’t forget he was possibly close to following others to Germany. The club acted quickly to shut that down, cancelling the friendly with Borussia Munchengladbach (fairly sure that’s spelt wrong) and getting them to apologise. Also reiterating he has a future and path to the first team.

I’ve said it before but I think he’s at least partly the reason we stuck with Sturridge this year rather than looking to bring in a top forward player to push the front 3. I think they’re hoping he’ll be able to do that sooner rather than later. Here’s hoping
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: April 2, 2019, 10:12:32 pm »
Oh it was.

His output was phenomenal.
It was great for England, for us he wasn't even the best striker in his age group. There was always a few of the England side who were considered better, which isn't a slight on him, they were a supremely talented group.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: April 2, 2019, 10:33:19 pm »
It was great for England, for us he wasn't even the best striker in his age group. There was always a few of the England side who were considered better, which isn't a slight on him, they were a supremely talented group.

Perhaps you can tell us who these other strikers are and where they are now?

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #590 on: April 2, 2019, 10:57:02 pm »
Good lad

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: April 2, 2019, 11:02:04 pm »
Perhaps you can tell us who these other strikers are and where they are now?
Woodburn. Stuck in the developmet purgatory of being 18-21 for most premier league academy players

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #592 on: April 2, 2019, 11:22:30 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: April 2, 2019, 11:26:24 pm »
Woodburn. Stuck in the developmet purgatory of being 18-21 for most premier league academy players

Thought you were talking about English players- not one Welsh player?

Anyway, they are both ours so happy days.

Offline Mcnutty

• Main Stander
« Reply #594 on: April 3, 2019, 12:58:57 am »
"And it goes Liverpool's way again as Reina makes a second save. He's going to out Dudek  Dudek."

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: April 3, 2019, 06:57:06 am »
Thought you were talking about English players- not one Welsh player?

Anyway, they are both ours so happy days.
sorry, by us i meant liverpool not England, my bad.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: April 3, 2019, 07:05:09 am »
While he might have been up there with Sancho and co before his injury, that injury will likely have set him back quite a bit. Lets hope it hasn't stunted his potential growth too much.

We will see plenty of him in pre season. If he takes his chances, trains well then he will likely be our back up striker from the bench.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: April 3, 2019, 09:01:24 am »
Sorry but saying Brewster was on the level of Sancho or even Foden is wrong, in that age group Sancho Foden Callum Hudson Odoi were the clear stand outs, doesn’t mean Brewester isn’t a fantastic talent in his own right, but those three were something else.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: April 3, 2019, 09:17:33 am »
Sancho was comfortably a step or two ahead of his peers, followed by Foden. But we don't have to worry about that, every player's path will be different and they peak and develop at different stages. Clearly Klopp and the club think very highly of Brewster and that's what matters.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #599 on: April 3, 2019, 09:55:54 am »
I loved Neil Mellow, dead chilled he was.

He is a fucking prick, despise the c*nt.

Head into Hale and watch the slimy twat at work with women and you will see what I mean.

Married men with kids who act like he does are scum