Author Topic: Ski Sunday/Winter sports season  (Read 1614 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Ski Sunday/Winter sports season
« on: January 22, 2017, 06:33:42 pm »
Anyone else like watching this?

Also I'm a big fan of the Ski-jump, I'd love to have a go but reckon I'd bottle it once I got there.

Anyway, BBC 2, in kitzbuhel, on the Hahnenkamm. Some start to a race with those turns and jumps, at that gradient. You've got to brave to take that run on... and partially mad.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ski Sunday/Winter sports season
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:46:33 pm »
Lindsey Vonn, wow in more ways than one. 119Km/h coming down that hill, thats just shy of 75 mph!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 06:48:50 pm »
Dave 'the rocket' Ryding, takes second on the podium in a world cup slalom.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 08:02:00 pm »
Being Austrian I basically have to watch and like winter sports. My interest is fluctuating though. There are some races I enjoy watching others not so much. Downhill in Kitzbühel is always worth a watch, but it is also difficult to take at times as whenever someone crashes it looks absolutely awful. I like the downhill in Wengen the most because the slope is just great. Night-race in Schladming is also quite enjoyable.

Vonn is impressive but also kind of insane... ;)

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 08:10:08 pm »
How crazy do have to be to put on a pair of skis and ride down a mountain at 80mph?? Lunatics the lot of them. It takes skill and a tremendous amount of courage.
I like biathlon more. Also a cool sport with a great history.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 08:39:08 pm »
Why watch highlights when you can watch them live on Eurosport Chops?  :D

I love the Ski Jumping too but I'd bottle it and shit all over the snow.  They also have them humongous hills where they jump over 250m.  :o

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 08:42:33 pm »
I think they're properly mental, I really can't get my head around how they do it.

I love skiing but those people are just around the bend.

Fair play to Riding, it's really impressive fir him to get his first podium. Ski Sunday should have gave it more time tho even tho it had only just happened.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 08:52:21 pm »
Pop goes Bach. The Beeb does Sport theme music like no other.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 11:21:34 pm »
"You piss off !"  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7EHosEgUH64" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7EHosEgUH64</a>

Seriously though , what a theme tune ! Up there with the Formula 1 (Fleetwood Mac) track for me.

Used to love it in the 80's when it sounded like it was being broadcasted from Mars (like European/World Cup footy).

Those cow bells ...  :D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 12:13:38 am »
Ski Sunday is good isn't it. How mad is Graham Bell going down all these runs holding a camera? KItzbuhel is brilliant, its amazing how you don't really get a perspective on TV for how steep it is until you see certain camera angles. The traverse looks a vertical drop on some views.

Dave Ryding was incredible too, we really should not be good at these winter sports.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 12:23:45 am »
These fuckers organise the longest and most dangerous courses in the calendar back to back (Kitzbuhel and Lauberhorn).

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 05:32:45 pm »
The Mens downhill once again showing some epic skiing. The jumps on this St Moritz hill are something else. They literally fly down the mountain.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 06:24:24 pm »
Is there any coverage of the World Championships in the UK and elsewhere?
It is hard to imagine what it's like not having the races live on the telly with 3 hours pre-race and 3 hours post-race analysis like we do here in Austria.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 08:57:26 pm »
Is Permin Zubriggen still going?  He was my favourite back in the day.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 12:50:55 pm »
Mine was Klammer and Podborski.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 01:08:56 pm »
Is Permin Zubriggen still going?  He was my favourite back in the day.

I think he's a village on the coast of Belgium now.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 10:34:19 am »
Anyone watching the Slalom at the World Championships? Dave Ryding did really well on the first run finishing 4th, second run coming up at noon. Marcel Hirscher is just incredible with his lead, hopefully he crashes out with the other Austrians!

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 02:02:51 pm »
We really have a cracking skier (and Liverpudlian) in Dave Ryding.

He's very unfortunate that Kristofferson and Hirscher are around at this one in time or he'd be right in the mix for winning every time he went out.

Those 2 really are a league above at the moment but Ryding is exceptional as good anything else out there behind them.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 01:37:00 pm »
Congrats to Dave on a world first today :)

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 02:38:17 pm »
Congrats to Dave on a world first today :)

Not a bad warmup for the upcoming Olympics!!  I remember the likes of Konrad Bartelski, the Bell brothers & Chemmy Alcott getting top 10s, but our 1st World Cup win.