Author Topic: Mancini Wants More Money  (Read 12808 times)

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mancini Wants More Money
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2012, 04:53:25 pm »
If he wants a striker on the cheap I know one bloke who can still put them away at the top level.

He certainly has spent plenty of money and clearly he feels he needs to spend more. As long as they don't buy Agger I couldn't care who they buy.

Two years tops before they have another manager.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »
to be fair to Mancini, his signings have been mostly very good.

It's Hughes' expensive flops that are leeching off City's resources, and make it impossible for him to chase after targets this summer.

Agreed. It's the likes of Adebayor, Bridge (now on loan at Brighton) Santa Cruz etc that are part of the problem. If clubs want them, they want on the cheap, but due to FFP City can't exactly let them go for nowt and subsidize most of their wages.  On the other hand, he's not exactly denied tools to work with: he's got enough quality in that squad that they should be competitive, even with minimal reinforcements. The Agger interest is probably related to the lack of cover at the back: Kolo Toure needs to be shipped out and Savic isn't good enough. It seems like Marwood is as slow as Parry with some of their deals, but as a couple of people like myself have said for a while now, they were going to be held back by the fact they have to ship players out, before they can bring new bodies in. I think it was Acaustiq who  said it in one of the other threads, City have been done in by the fact that when they were buying players for big money under Hughes, they possibly thought it would be easier to sell some of these signings. Instead these players like Bridge and Adebayor have proven resistant to leaving either due to wages or the desire to pick-up a substantial payout.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2012, 05:31:05 pm »
The ages of west african footballers are notoriously unreliable I'm afraid. The issue is that it is very easy for players to get falsified, but official documents, and even if you don't want to do it, you kind of have to, because otherwise you'll be one of the few u-17 players in the u-17 league or the u-17 national team, when the foreign scouts are looking, and therefore you will be at a massive disadvantage. The exceptions to this rule are players who moved to europe at a very young age, such as drogba. Drogba really is 34, which is why he was scoring a goal in the champions league final, while samuel eto'o, who made his international debut at the eyecatching age of 15, is playing in russia since the age of 31. Ask any nigerian you meet about yakubu being 29, or Kanu only being 36 and they will die laughing. I watched the u-20 world cup final between argentina and nigeria in 2005 in a bar packed with nigerians, and they were complaining bitterly about the referee, but they did also all cheerfully admit that most of their team was at least 23 and that mikel was 22. (this was in 2005, so he's about 29-30 now) Paletta and messi played for argentina in that game.
This is a lot of shit mate. Go find another one.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »
Samuel Eto'o moved to Europe the year before Didier Drogba and Yaya Toure moved there a couple of years after Drogba.

Nice story, though.

Didier Drogba moved to france at the age of 5 to go to school. Eyebrows would have been raised if he was actually nine years old. he went home when he was 8. There are pictures of him when he is in school and he looks just like a normal 5 year old kid. lying about his age would have had the effect of pointlessly holding him back in school in case he became a footballer. And I know that Toure isn't from nigeria, but the point is the same situation applies throughout West Africa. The situation in the Ivory Coast is much more unstable than in nigeria, it would be even easier to obtain an inaccurate, but perfectly official document. And I don't know if the involvement of academies improves the situation. I would view someone who operates in that business with the highest suspicion. I have absolutely nothing against footballers from west africa, and given the rampant cheating in under-age gaa games I'm certainly not suggesting that this is an evil confined to africa. It's simply footballers looking to get every possible advantage they can get, as they try and make a career for themselves. I mean I would definitely do it given the opportunity and...

Either way, there are three things that are clear. The first is that he's played a lot of games over his career, he has a lot of miles on the clock, The second is that even at 29 he's no spring chicken and he's coming up to that age where power based midfielders start to pick up a lot of injuries. He's coming up to the age where Stevie G turned from a world class rampaging machine, into a player increasingly hampered by injuries, and struggling to regain form. And Thirdly they rely on him to too much, the only other two midfielders at their disposal are the rather agricultural Barry and De Jong. they rely an awful lot on just one player, In much the same way that they rely massively on kompany in defence. If these two players make it through the season unscathed, then everything will be great. If not, then....   

This is what mancini is complaining about. He's looking at a bunch of strikers that he doesn't need, and to a certain degree can't stand. Adebayor, tevez and dzeko. He wants to swap them for another really good centre half, and a good central midfielder to help/cover for toure. But it's not going to happen. He can't get his way and now he's stamping his feet. He's going to insist on it. I wonder if he will get it.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2012, 06:33:01 pm »
Sly Sports indeed. When Rafa was here they'd try their absolute best to distort figures and have Liverpool only behind Chelsea and City.

Those figures by sky are wrong.

As per the accounts the net spend by LFC over the last 5 available financial accounts (so 5 seasons up to and including 2010/11 season) was £148m.

There's no way the club have recouped over £100m since this time last year.  If anything they've spent another £35m+

Also spurs have spent alot more than sky claim there.  A hell of alot more.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2012, 10:13:51 pm »
Those figures by sky are wrong.

Big surprise.

I don't know why people bother to quote Sky anymore.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2012, 09:58:33 pm »

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »
That's actually quite good
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2012, 09:11:52 am »
Hahaha indeed.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2012, 09:22:01 am »
Haha brilliant!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2012, 09:22:11 am »

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2012, 09:48:01 am »
I thought it was quiet amusing.

City want Daniel De Rossi again, it was a repeat of last season's affair where he refused to sign a contract where he only had 3-4 months left on his contract.

DDR is a quality player and wonder if he would move after just signing his new contract with his club.

Big bucks for him. They also may be risking it too late but Javi Martinez as well. Kenny said in the Mirror he is surprised they haven't bought in more players.