Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2859223 times)

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #9200 on: May 5, 2019, 12:08:20 pm »
Was a great finish on his right foot last night. Hope he’s okay for next weekend.

Like most people I’m sure, had flashbacks to the Champion’s League final seeing him go off and the boys up against it.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9201 on: May 5, 2019, 12:23:04 pm »
Was a great finish on his right foot last night. Hope he’s okay for next weekend.

Like most people I’m sure, had flashbacks to the Champion’s League final seeing him go off and the boys up against it.

Yup.. surely not another season he ends in tears and injured.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9202 on: May 5, 2019, 12:53:55 pm »
Were you fit to play 3 days later is the question?

;D  Sadly no, my head was battered.

So just to clarify we have no Mo and no Bobby for Tuesday, we look shattered after 60 mins , we are 3-0 down to Barcelona and play them again in 48 hours

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9203 on: May 5, 2019, 12:56:04 pm »
Can people stop benching him ffs. Let's wait and see

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9204 on: May 5, 2019, 01:00:09 pm »
Hope he was just winded for a bit and can play in our last 3 games.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9205 on: May 5, 2019, 01:02:02 pm »
Don't you think these players have earned their right to try and get back into this tie? Especially some of the guys who've had to take a back seat. Can't believe some people are questioning this especially as people go on about us not winning trophies. Yet all of a sudden some are suggesting we play our youth team or somehow don't try too hard. Get an early goal and who knows how they will affect a team who have struggled away from home before.

But that's not the reason why they will be playing.  The reason being that we're likely to have two of our front three out.  It's that simple.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9206 on: May 5, 2019, 01:04:47 pm »
But that's not the reason why they will be playing.  The reason being that we're likely to have two of our front three out.  It's that simple.

We know why they will play. Jill is right though, they have earned, and deserve, the right to have a go at getting us into the Final.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9207 on: May 5, 2019, 01:06:11 pm »
We are an extremely well run club. If he doesn’t play, we know it’s the right decision and there’s no way we would risk him.

If he does play in either or both game, happy fucking days

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9208 on: May 5, 2019, 01:18:50 pm »
I know this sounds wrong- but honestly it didn't look that bad of a head injury! I just don't think Mo is used to getting a whack in the head lol!

I reckon he's fine for Tues.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9209 on: May 5, 2019, 01:21:00 pm »

That is irrelevant it's has been a squad effort getting us this far that is the point. Some of those players have had to be patient and wait for the moment to shine, players like Origi have been crucial this far. Also, say the game goes to extra time they would still have had a part to play, whether they started or not.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9210 on: May 5, 2019, 02:46:06 pm »
I know this sounds wrong- but honestly it didn't look that bad of a head injury! I just don't think Mo is used to getting a whack in the head lol!

He was down for 5 minutes. It looked pretty bad.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9211 on: May 5, 2019, 02:47:48 pm »

It looked more like a suspected neck injury to me. On the plus side, it means that if he's cleared of it, there won't be a concussion protocol to follow.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #9212 on: May 5, 2019, 03:08:23 pm »
It looked more like a suspected neck injury to me. On the plus side, it means that if he's cleared of it, there won't be a concussion protocol to follow.

Definitely looked like neck, sore neck for a day or so then back at it with luck

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9213 on: May 5, 2019, 03:09:01 pm »
The neck is the stem of your brain don’t forget
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9214 on: May 5, 2019, 03:14:10 pm »
If Leicester do manage to get something off Man City, I don't think Mo will be risked against Barca.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #9215 on: May 5, 2019, 03:16:49 pm »
So just to clarify we have no Mo and no Bobby for Tuesday, we look shattered after 60 mins , we are 3-0 down to Barcelona and play them again in 48 hours

Yep, looks like it’ll have to be just the 3-0 then on to pens
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #9216 on: May 5, 2019, 03:16:53 pm »
The lack of understanding of concussion here makes me hope some of you are nowhere near kids football as coaches/managers (or any football, for that matter!)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #9217 on: May 5, 2019, 03:29:53 pm »
The lack of understanding of concussion here makes me hope some of you are nowhere near kids football as coaches/managers (or any football, for that matter!)

How many fingers am I holding up?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #9218 on: May 5, 2019, 03:36:48 pm »
Can people stop benching him ffs. Let's wait and see

This! I still think he has a chance. What a massive boost that would be for all

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9219 on: May 5, 2019, 03:51:04 pm »
How many fingers am I holding up?

Depends - are you from Manchester?

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #9220 on: May 5, 2019, 03:59:25 pm »

same here ;D 8)

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9221 on: May 5, 2019, 04:36:44 pm »
Am I right in thinking that there is still some debate about the whole thing within the medical literature?

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
« Reply #9222 on: May 5, 2019, 05:01:27 pm »
Am I right in thinking that there is still some debate about the whole thing within the medical literature?

The brain is the most complicated structure in the known universe, injuries to it are unpredictable and, given the risks with getting it wrong, it’s no surprise that erring on the side of caution is the sensible thing to do. From my rudimentary understanding (mostly gleaned from the doctors of a friend who was hit by a car a few years ago) advances are being made all the time, but the experts tend not to deal in absolutes.

Given all that I’d be extremely shocked if Mo was in the squad come Tuesday, but it’s possible it wasn’t as bad as it appeared (to me it looked like he was sparked out though).

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9223 on: May 5, 2019, 05:09:14 pm »

Not sure. There's no debate in youth sports, though - Second Impact Syndrome is devastating. People here who have ANY involvement in youth sports (or any contact sport for any age) need to watch this - it's too important to have no knowledge about (Warning - it's not an easy clip to watch):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JZpm6HZPaXk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JZpm6HZPaXk</a>

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9224 on: May 5, 2019, 05:52:06 pm »
Not sure. There's no debate in youth sports, though - Second Impact Syndrome is devastating. People here who have ANY involvement in youth sports (or any contact sport for any age) need to watch this - it's too important to have no knowledge about (Warning - it's not an easy clip to watch):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JZpm6HZPaXk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JZpm6HZPaXk</a>

That's a good video to show, I also direct people towards the Ben Robinson case in 2011. He sustained 3 head injuries and was sent back out to play, he eventually died. Second impact syndrome can be as serious as that!

What sort of debate do you mean?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9225 on: May 5, 2019, 06:12:13 pm »
If Leicester do manage to get something off Man City, I don't think Mo will be risked against Barca.

If he plays or not Tuesday it will have nothing to do with the City game. He'll be accessed by medical experts and they'll inform the manager if he can or can't.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9226 on: May 5, 2019, 06:15:14 pm »
If he plays or not Tuesday it will have nothing to do with the City game. He'll be accessed by medical experts and they'll inform the manager if he can or can't.
I’d be surprised if he played on Tuesday.

Same rationale as Fabinho
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9227 on: May 5, 2019, 06:37:28 pm »

What sort of debate do you mean?

Concussion: is it real or is it all in your head?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9228 on: May 5, 2019, 06:49:13 pm »
The brain is the most complicated structure in the known universe...

You've obviously never seen the CL draw being made.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #9229 on: May 5, 2019, 06:51:44 pm »
Don't be surprised if we don't know if Mo's in or out until game time. Klopp's not big on mind games but this is a hard one to pass up.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9230 on: May 5, 2019, 06:53:42 pm »
You've obviously never seen the CL draw being made.
Or my mother in law
W

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9231 on: May 5, 2019, 06:55:40 pm »
Couldve been he just stayed  down, or was told to stay down cus he thought hed broke his neck? Head fine, neck fine = fine?
Football is a lie

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9232 on: May 5, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
I'm assuming Klopp will have his CL press conference tomorrow? So I suspect we will learn more then.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9233 on: May 5, 2019, 06:59:04 pm »

Stop crying like a cissy and get back out there lad!..

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9234 on: May 5, 2019, 07:00:26 pm »

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #9236 on: May 5, 2019, 07:57:49 pm »

Doesn't appear to be a neck injury if Klopp saw that he was up and watching the game in the changing room. A neck injury would have gone straight into A&E.

Still, there is no reason to risk a player's health so quickly on Tuesday.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9237 on: May 5, 2019, 08:02:16 pm »
Rule out neck injury as they didn't immobilise his head on the stretcher on the way off.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #9238 on: May 5, 2019, 08:23:02 pm »
Remember Kingfut? The guys that were way ahead of everyone else during the Salah transfer to us. They have a story about someone who spoke to Salah yesterday and say he has a mild concussion.

If that is true there is no way he is playing on Tuesday. We could see him back Sunday though.
YWNA

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #9239 on: May 5, 2019, 08:30:39 pm »
He just tweeted Ramdan greetings (which I think begins today).  ;D