Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 150442 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »
Outstanding performance all things considered. They're young lads still finding their way in the game, and to come to a place like Hull, on a cold Tuesday night I might add, and get that many actual shots that went near the goal... it's fantastic. Great character by the boys, the wee lads.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline NGreat

• Kopite
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:30 pm »
If it's the players fault, who bought them?
Committee.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:31 pm »
We move away from the only set-up that made us look decent this season. And then after two performances against two God awful teams in Blackburn and Newcastle we think we can get away with it. We thoroughly deserve this for reverting back to what never worked this season.

It is a strange one, when we were losing tonight I thought at some point we will revert back to 3 at the back but we made like for like changes and stuck with something that wasn't working.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:34 pm »
Last kick of the match. Throwing the kitchen sink! All men and women forward. What do we do?

Kick it nowhere near the penalty box.

I can't see Brendan lasting the summer. I've always been on his side including his appointment but he'a definitely a dead man walking. Total capitulation since that Utd game.

Klopp might or might not be the answer.

Fucking hell we'd be lucky to get a man like Klopp.

Offline HFD

• info.com
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Will we ever learn....
    • The Truth.
« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:35 pm »
He's not insulting your intelligence you tool, he's protecting the players in the media like all managers do.
You can fool all the people some of the time....

Tool

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:35 pm »
He's not insulting your intelligence you tool, he's protecting the players in the media like all managers do.

Ha ha still defending him I see. To be fair though at least your here. I was expecting the super fans in here when everything had cooled down.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:40 pm »
Well what can you say except hull city had the better goalscorers on the day.

I'm convinced that henderson shot goes in if we have a goalscorer on the pitch, same with coutinho's efforts, if we have a goalscorer he probably gets a brace tonight. Dunno how like but thats the way it works.

Great effort, just lack that goalscorer.
The fact that Hull had (on paper) players that are not as good as ours, renders that argument useless. If our players are better than theirs and they find a way to take the three points, where does the fault lie? Are their "goalscorers" better than Sterling, Mario, Coutinho etc?

I appreciate your saying "on the day", but fuck me mate, how many times this season has inferior opposition had better goalscorers "on the day".

These on the day fuck ups tend to happen alot says I  :P

The way I see it, we`ve been shit this season, simple as. Manager, majority of the players, transfer commitee. Fucking horrible season that needs to be wiped from the memory.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:46 pm »
Utterly inevitable.

Could see this result coming an absolute mile off.  If Brendan survives this season he'll have been very lucky, because at the moment I'd be asking some very serious questions of him.  I understand all managers make mistakes, but to keep repeating them time after time is pretty unacceptable.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
T'was a joke, lad.

Yer don't say lid.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #289 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:12 pm »
Shocking.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:17 pm »
Mario Balotelli teaches you the tricks of the trade.

Lesson No.1 - The Offside Trap:

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:18 pm »
I fear for Rodgers, I really do. This season end has uncanny similarities to the season the King was summoned to Boston

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:25 pm »
Regardless of who you sell. How can any team spend upwards of £120 Million and be worse. It beggars belief.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:30 pm »
I cannot see Rodgers being the manager next season. His team needed to show some form but they are showing none.

He needed to show some adaptability. When United were playing shite, they switched to long balling it to Fellaini. Worked enough to get them into the CL at our expense.

Rodgers just carried on as was.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:34 pm »
No idea, I only know of him from Bournemouth. Low expectations, low transfer budget.

Good research, well done.

And is 'low expectations' good training for potentially managing LFC?

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:35 pm »
Don't think I've ever hated football as I do now and that's fucking saying something after the shire I've lived through.

Come on Craig, it's bad but it's not Roy the Owl bad..................yet!

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:39 pm »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:45 pm »
An absolutely miserable performance. Another one.

Fuck off with your sideway and back passing. Players under performing, being placed in wrong positions, complete lack of ideas outside the box and poor movement off the ball. Hardly an overlap when the ball is in the wings. Shit crossing. They just give the ball to Sterling and Ibe who will knock it forward and go for a blind cross.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:53 pm »
I gave Rodgers a lot of praise for doing a stunning job last season.

For as much as he overachieved with that team, he's underachieved this year with this one.

We have Balotelli, Lambert, Borini and Aspas all on the books - all bought by Rodgers in the last three years - and he has zero confidence in any of them. I'm not convinced that any of them are either good enough or well suited to our style of play, but you could argue that none of them (Balotelli aside, out of position and in a woeful team) have been given a run of games to even prove themselves. Collectively they cost over £35m.

Sick of this "no striker" excuse. It might well prevent a title challenge, but not from getting top four or beating a poor Villa side in an easy cup run or prolonging our season past early April. We've got two brilliantly rated youngsters in Sterling and Coutinho, a £20m prospect in Markovic, another future star in Henderson, a £25m Lallana and more to call upon for goals.

And if it isn't strikers then it's injuries, and if it isn't that then it's the pitch, or perhaps no luck. We don't like teams who sit deep, but then we don't like teams who play it long, or who are physical, or who have energy, or who run at us, and so on. Basically, if we're not playing teams like Newcastle who have given up before us then we're not happy.

There's no fight about this team in all honesty, and that's simply inexcusable.

Two wins from Blackburn (H), Man Utd (H), Arsenal (A), Blackburn (A), Newcastle (H), Villa (N), WBA (A) and Hull (A). If we'd won the last three then we'd be in the cup final and in a serious battle for fourth, and they were against teams who are fighting relegation, the last two of which are (...were) in dreadful form.

No excuses: the last manager who saw us whimper to the finish line / beach lost his job over it. Rodgers is in serious danger of suffering the same fate with the results and performances at the moment, combined with just how awful the season has been overall, and he's got no-one to blame but himself.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:55 pm »
touchstone will be along soon to tell us its all fine and were making steady progress for 5th

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:56 pm »
Henderson pushing their player off was nice to see. Showed someone cared a bit.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:56 pm »
The times they are a changin'....

Rodgers is on thin ice after this one. I've desperately wanted to believe he could turn things around but the insistence on naming players who clearly are not going to be here next season is making me want a change at the top. I was watching highlights of the U21 team earlier, full of desire, hunger, ability. Compared to the dross we've just witnessed it's almost laughably embarrassing. Quite why Brendan thinks Rickie Lambert, who seems to be a nice lad but who is not LFC standard, is the answer rather than someone like Jerome Sinclair, who has criminally been loaned out to fucking Wigan, is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm done, it's over, I want a change at the top. Sorry Brendan, you had your moment in the sun but letting Suarez go and frankly squandering a king's ransom is unforgivable. Enough is enough.

Don't disagree with the premise of what you are saying, but letting Suarez go? Get a grip.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:57 pm »
It is a strange one, when we were losing tonight I thought at some point we will revert back to 3 at the back but we made like for like changes and stuck with something that wasn't working.

It's utterly bizarre.
He's almost entirely gone back to what didn't work in the autumn

When you look at our shot numbers it's crystal clear we should be playing 3 at the back

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:58 pm »
I couldn't give a shite where we finish now. Play the U21's in the final games. They would be more competitive to be honest.

Rodgers is a dead man walking and deservedly so after this season's abject failures.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:05 pm »
The fact that Hull had (on paper) players that are not as good as ours, renders that argument useless. If our players are better than theirs and they find a way to take the three points, where does the fault lie? Are their "goalscorers" better than Sterling, Mario, Coutinho etc?

I appreciate your saying "on the day", but fuck me mate, how many times this season has inferior opposition had better goalscorers "on the day".

These on the day fuck ups tend to happen alot says I  :P

The way I see it, we`ve been shit this season, simple as. Manager, majority of the players, transfer commitee. Fucking horrible season that needs to be wiped from the memory.
He was taking the piss surely ......

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »
Let's hope FSG have a replacement lined up cause they gonna need one.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:26 pm »
The entire club stinks from top to bottom.  There are little positives at all.  Stay away owners, little investment beyond what's made in sales, atrocious structure at the top over here, mish-mash of individuals supposedly at odds with the manager culminating in chucking money at garbage, a manager who's selections and tactics just get more bewildering every game, and players who look half arsed or who are obviously angling to get out.

Fuckin amateur hour every hour.

All a bit of a shit sandwich really.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »
Outstanding performance all things considered. They're young lads still finding their way in the game, and to come to a place like Hull, on a cold Tuesday night I might add, and get that many actual shots that went near the goal... it's fantastic. Great character by the boys, the wee lads.
young rickie lambert was sensational when he came on, and young kolo toure was unlucky to not get a run..
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:38 pm »
Because they typify everything that is wrong at our club. One who thinks he's better than he is, thinks it is acceptable to do a TV interview behind the club's back and someone the club should have tied down on a long term contract months ago. The other is a joke, no effort, shite attitude, someone our manager point blankly confirmed we weren't buying, then he signs and contributes fuck all.

This.

Typifies how atrocious the players we have at the moment. The kid is nowhere near worth £100k yet he went behind the club's back to do his interview. What was the response by the club? We'll have a quiet word with him.

The other one is the laziest footballer i've ever seen in my whole life. So lazy to track his run and is always offside. That goal showed how he much he lacks game intelligence.
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:44 pm »
I hope we get to see the 140 page plan Rodgers sent to FSG when we got him in
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:48 pm »
Suarez was a 1 man fucking army pressing and beating opponents into defeat from the front.. We don't have a single fighter or balls to the wall player anymore, bunch of fannys who get out fought because they are all too scared to go in for the ball hard.

You could just sit and laugh at defenders as Suarez closed in as you knew they were shitting themselves. Now......fuck all, nothing, they can even let it bounce twice before one of ours thinks about going for it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:52 pm »
Least it's not as bad as Hodgson.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:55 pm »
Play Lambert for the rest of the season. Be nice to see him be able to start some games in a campaign that hasn't gone as well he'd have desperately hoped it would.

I don't understand why we haven't stuck to playing Sterling as the striker, apart from a fit Sturridge (even a half-fit one to be fair), he's our best option. Balotelli is brainless and Lambert is past it. Plus Sterling has been awful out wide for most of the season, his best form has been as the striker.

Hard to understand some of these decisions, fundamentally baffling.

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:01 pm »
Skrtel, Hendo, Can and Coutinho only should get games now. Rest all should be academy players. Who cares if FA objects.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:02 pm »
I've played in enough teams we're you get towards the end of the season with nothing to play for and your hearts not really in it. But these fuckers are paid x amount a week to not feel like this ,it's there job NOT to feel like this but to go out there and do there job.

Fucking shameful way to end the season for me.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:20 pm »
Don't think I've ever hated football as I do now and that's fucking saying something after the shire I've lived through.

?

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:26 pm »
Did Brendan forget to tell his players about the whole "fight to the end" plan?   ???

Fighting to the 17th minute seemed tough for them again today.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:29 pm »
Have we actually won or drawn a match where we've gone behind at half time? I don't think so. We lack character at the business end - again.

Lost all seven PL games where we've 0 -1 at half time.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:38 pm »
Mathematically possible innit.

You have a poor attitude if you don't go along with the blind faith in our dross side that doesn't even have a striker.

It's easier to divide by zero.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:57 pm »
Fucking hell we'd be lucky to get a man like Klopp.

mate of mine was at their game tonight, sat a few rows behind him .....I suppose he has been a "spyin klopp" tonight