Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440050 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Whereas Patel only does the ones where she can appear as Priti the Maleficent?  ;D

I still think Raab would be more credible if he had Gladys Pugh play the Maplins Chimes before he opens his mouth.

His expression the other week when Starmer pinned him him over “capacity” was pure Geoffrey Fairbrother.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
What is the obsession with Garden centres having to open? I am guessing its to appease the old Tories?

I think because people are stuck home and doing jobs around the house, a major one of which is in the garden. Not sure that makes you a tory like.

Allowing them to be open should hopefully keep people sane during lockdown and less inclined to break it.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
One of my neighbours had her daughter visit her today. Shes an extremely well educated and sensible individual (most times, anyway), but clearly flouting the lockdown. This clearly happening all over the nation. What the fuck is wrong with people in this country?  :butt

The next 2 days are gonna be an absolute shitfest.

Our neighbour next door has had her grandkids over continually. Seems the routine of granny minding the kids every now and then has been a constant. This lady is probably in her mid to late 60s but seems happy to have about half a dozen kids come visit and play every few days.
She seems a sensible type so the mind boggles.

I suppose if her family is being sensible and none of them have had any symptoms etc but it seems a big risk to take.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
What is the obsession with Garden centres having to open? I am guessing its to appease the old Tories?

I've seen a few open from a couple of weeks ago and passed by one locally with a big queue. It's planting season and as said above a great hobby to keep people active and outdoors - no more a risk than supermarkets as long as people are applying the same social distancing when they go there.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
“Garden centres set to open”

Well in Liverpool we have at least one Garden centre that has already opened. Couldn’t believe the queue of middle aged women in dreadful floral summer frocks lined up waiting to buy plants, when I passed it on my exercise today.

This is the problem when Johnson is telling us one thing and other are trying to pull back from his braggadocio.
People are just saying “fuck it - lockdown is over!”

Yeah i know garden centres are open and i don't have a problem with that.

No dlfferent than the asda etc being open and stuff from there gives people something they can do in garden, either on own or with kids....my lad likes planting stuff and watching it grow.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
I actually don't have an issue with things like garden centres / DIY stores, etc being open. However masks should be required and very strict social distancing in place - with these being strongly policed and stores shut down where they are being broken.

Same goes for parks, etc. No problem with these being open for local (i.e. not to drive there) people to go to and sit out, but police should have a presence there and anyone caught breaking social distancing issued an instant on the spot fine.

The problem is that people are hearing Johnson boasting he will be easing lockdown despite what all the others are now saying, and people are jumping the gun.
Was out on my bike this morning for my exercise and the roads were busier than a normal Saturday morning at 9am. Lots more cars and the tesco local had an organised queue outside. Lots of people out walking most socially distanced, lots of families on bikes (good to see) but increasingly gangs of lads - teenagers upwards to twenties - using bikes to cover for their day out to the sea side at Crosby - the backpacks are the giveaway.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Some of the advice from the scientists to government has been redacted to go up on the .gov website.

Guardian has more than just the quote.

The report, from 1 April, summarised SPI-B’s ["the Sage subcommittee providing advice from behavioural scientists on how the public might respond to lockdown measures"] discussions about how to handle possible changes to the social distancing measures that had just been introduced to slow the spread of Covid-19.

In the version published on Sage’s government website, almost a page and a half of text was heavily redacted. The Guardian understands the blocked text related to SPI–B’s criticism about possible government proposals around that time.

These included the idea of reducing the amount of time Britons could spend exercising or shopping, and stricter financial penalties for those found to be breaking the lockdown. A third proposal involved requiring people to self-validate their movements, as was occurring in France, where citizens were required to complete permits before leaving home.

Experts on SPI-B, which includes professors in psychology, epidemiology and anthropology, said they felt the proposals were too punitive and more likely to result in unfair treatment among people in deprived economic circumstances.

A spokesperson for the Government Office for Science said the redactions took place because the policies discussed in the document were still under consideration.

“The only redactions relate to comments made by a Sage subgroup where specific reference is made to policy still under consideration or to remove contact,” the spokesperson said.

“Redactions were carried out by officials working for the Sage secretariat in consultation with the department developing the policy. All the subgroups were notified and given the opportunity to comment in advance of publication on the redactions being made to specific elements of any papers.”

However, SPI–B advisers who spoke to the Guardian disputed that they had been consulted. “We weren’t given advance notice and we still haven’t been given a satisfactory explanation,” the second SPI–B member said, adding they felt the redaction had been intended to stifle criticism.

“This government has failed to show any self-criticism whatsoever, when it is glaringly obvious to everybody that big mistakes have been made. If you want the trust of the population you hold up your hand and you say ‘we’ve made these mistakes, this is why they happened, we regret it, we’re learning from it’. Rather than just keep saying ‘we’ve done the most fantastic job’ and not being open to criticism in any way.”

Kind of interesting too for what didn't happen in comparison to the proposals being critiqued for 'let's make lockdown harsher'.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The problem is that people are hearing Johnson boasting he will be easing lockdown despite what all the others are now saying, and people are jumping the gun.
Was out on my bike this morning for my exercise and the roads were busier than a normal Saturday morning at 9am. Lots more cars and the tesco local had an organised queue outside. Lots of people out walking most socially distanced, lots of families on bikes (good to see) but increasingly gangs of lads - teenagers upwards to twenties - using bikes to cover for their day out to the sea side at Crosby - the backpacks are the giveaway.

Yeah I agree with that, and the Govt. (and media) really need to get on the same page and be extremely clear in their message and make sure this is backed up by the police actually being seen to take those flouting it to task.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Our neighbour next door has had her grandkids over continually. Seems the routine of granny minding the kids every now and then has been a constant. This lady is probably in her mid to late 60s but seems happy to have about half a dozen kids come visit and play every few days.
She seems a sensible type so the mind boggles.

I suppose if her family is being sensible and none of them have had any symptoms etc but it seems a big risk to take.

We live in a block of flats with several elderly people. Most of them have been pretty much locked away for the duration (in fact the couple next door were very poorly at one stage and we went and got prescriptions for them and left them outside their door as their children live in a different City so they have no one)

But there's one woman downstairs who is in her mid to late 70s I think who has been having family round occasionally. Today she is sitting outside on the front lawn bit with 8 different people - assuming her family, mostly adults, a few kids who are probably grandkids. They're having food and drinks and sitting apart but the grandkids are getting very close to different people from the odd times I've looked out the window.

I just feel it's wrong personally- we all want to go and see our family. I think if the other elderly residents look out their window they'll feel aggrieved as they're doing what they've been told to do and protecting their health.

Is a picnic on the lawn really worth potential serious illness or worse?

Again though this comes from complete mixed messages from the Government.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
An attempt to estimate the number of people who'd caught it up to lockdown using critical care numbers: https://www.eurosurveillance.org/content/10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2020.25.18.2000632;jsessionid=aO9o5oodFHSvx7kuEguBNoJ7.i-0b3d9850f4681504f-ecdclive#html_fulltext

Summary is that they reckon about 500k in total with about 120k of them being new on the 23rd March. Suggestion that it might be a slight overestimate as it assumes that people's behaviour didn't change prior to lockdown (lots of things pointing to a some sort of shift prior to then). Would seem to also suggest that while tested and reported cases were miles out from reality so too are estimates that millions had already had it by then. Wonder when they'll try to do an estimate for the following weeks.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

The cafes in there will be closed as well.

Gardening, well "proper gardening" i.e. growing food is not a Tory thing, it's actually one of the most fulfilling, rewarding, self reliant and anarchistic things you can do. 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Had a Zoom meeting of our local foodbank trustees yesterday. Manager reported that we'd had loads of calls from people in isolation who'd had government food boxes sent, but didn't need or want them (or didn't want some of the contents), so were offering them to us instead. Shows the problems with centralised actions with blanket coverage, rather than better informed and targeted local services.

You can cancel these deliveries, but this also appears to mean you lose your priority rating for supermarket deliveries.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I just feel it's wrong personally- we all want to go and see our family. I think if the other elderly residents look out their window they'll feel aggrieved as they're doing what they've been told to do and protecting their health.

Is a picnic on the lawn really worth potential serious illness or worse?

Again though this comes from complete mixed messages from the Government.

I don't think it does come from mixed messages mate it's personal choice.  Yes it's selfish, stupid, dangerous even but they've made the choice to ignore the advice.

Having witnessed so much of it myself and talked to those who've not set foot outside their boundary walls and not allowed anyone in either, they're annoyed by it but it won't and doesn't make them think oh I'll take the risk, everyone else is.

Some people will live out their lives as they see fit, they'd probably be digging tunnels to escape if you planted coppers at every doorway to prevent them leaving.

At least the vast majority of us are playing by the rules so hopefully that'll be enough to see it through for us all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

I don't think it does come from mixed messages mate it's personal choice.  Yes it's selfish, stupid, dangerous even but they've made the choice to ignore the advice.

Having witnessed so much of it myself and talked to those who've not set foot outside their boundary walls and not allowed anyone in either, they're annoyed by it but it won't and doesn't make them think oh I'll take the risk, everyone else is.

Some people will live out their lives as they see fit, they'd probably be digging tunnels to escape if you planted coppers at every doorway to prevent them leaving.

At least the vast majority of us are playing by the rules so hopefully that'll be enough to see it through for us all.

It only takes you coming in to contact with one of them for you to catch it though, and your life, and your loved ones you live with, being put at risk.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Seen quite a few people now not strictly doing what the government are saying.

i.e. groups of people just chilling in the parks (too many in some groups to assume they're all from one household).

Some lads even playing cricket and footy - small numbers, so might be from same household.

And neighbours having the odd person round now and again and sitting down together in the back garden having tea / dinner / lunch.

I reckon the conversations prior to these gatherings would be something like this:

A: "Have you got any covid symptoms?"
B: "Nah. Been fine for weeks"
A: "Me too. Ok, fancy popping out / coming round?"

And I reckon the majority of people like the above are fine being in the same spot as long as no one sneezes or coughs on the other.

It's as simple as that.
People are carrying on because they believe you can't transmit it in fresh air and just by chatting to each other.

Also people aren't stupid.
The briefings have been showing the new cases and death curves every day now. And the curves have gone flat.
The government are damned if they do and damned if they don't. When the curves were upward, the Gov't kept on trying to reinforce their lockdown measures by saying they were aiming for flattening the curves before things could begin to get back to normal.
Well, guess what. The curves have now flattened. And the Gov't aren't talking about flat curves anymore - even though it's a good sign. Because they need a new aim to keep the lockdown going.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It only takes you coming in to contact with one of them for you to catch it though, and your life, and your loved ones you live with, being put at risk.
I know mate and that's the selfish bit of it all.

Take Paul's work for example.

The boss has put every measure in place to keep them safe whilst working yet the neighbours I've been complaining about having family and friends in and out and partying, their mother works there and she's been visiting all her family the whole time.

She's not just risking her and her family but her colleagues too and now I've been told to back off complaining cos the family are some sort of big wig drug dealers in the area and you dont wanna mess with them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
A few places near me that have been closed since the lockdown were open yesterday. Don't know if they are expecting lockdown measures to allow them to re-open or they just aren't bothered any more.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
My neighbours have people around again for drinks did the same all day/night last Saturday, dont seem to give a shit, they never do the Thursday clapping either but bet they would be first in the queue if they got ill. She works for LFC as well so if any of our players catch it I'm blaming her.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Bristol now...

https://twitter.com/bristolhoppers/status/1258734799507853314?s=21

See, now where are the police shutting the place selling the beer down? Looks like an obvious place for them to be patrolling.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Bristol now...

https://twitter.com/bristolhoppers/status/1258734799507853314?s=21

We’ve just had a call from a friend to say her dad passed away in his care home yesterday from a chest infection. He had it for a fortnight!
And this is happening  :no

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some of the advice from the scientists to government has been redacted to go up on the .gov website.

Guardian has more than just the quote.

Kind of interesting too for what didn't happen in comparison to the proposals being critiqued for 'let's make lockdown harsher'.

So redacted text appears to primarily relate to criticism of government with a quote referring to government as ‘Stalinist’.

Wonder why government redacted such content.

Interesting point is that comments come from a sub-group/s of Sage, so effectively come from Sage itself.  Surely that contradicts the government line peddled of ‘following the science’ to attempt to hide behind/blame Sage for government decisions/non-decisions.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
See, now where are the police shutting the place selling the beer down? Looks like an obvious place for them to be patrolling.

And they'll probably be out hassling lone people/small family groups out on the hills in complete isolation this weekend. But then hill walking doesn't make anyone any money.

:no
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I am all for authoritarian rule but during a walk through the park there is a small basketball court and a PCSO told off a couple and their 4/5 year old for playing in there. Bit harsh.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen pubs may reopen in August but for gyms it’s October, ridiculous

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

I imagine you can quite easily socially distance in a pub - limit the numbers in, limit the tables in use, etc. Even more so in a beer garden (ban the smokers, obv).

Gyms though you've got a lot of heavy breathing going on, you'd guess that the distance required to socially distance would be increased from your normal 2m.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
I am all for authoritarian rule but during a walk through the park there is a small basketball court and a PCSO told off a couple and their 4/5 year old for playing in there. Bit harsh.

I suspect there's loads of over-reaction and targeting of the wrong people going on, not only but the police but also overzealous public. Meanwhile I wonder if those pubs in Bristol have been shut down yet?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Where have you read that?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Where've you seen that - does seem ridiculous, what's the difference......if anything gyms slightly safer, with social distancing......pubs is a free for all ?!

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

More cash and particularly tax from pubs.

I imagine you can quite easily socially distance in a pub - limit the numbers in, limit the tables in use, etc. Even more so in a beer garden (ban the smokers, obv).

Gyms though you've got a lot of heavy breathing going on, you'd guess that the distance required to socially distance would be increased from your normal 2m.

Why ban the smokers beer gardens are in the open air. It may be easier to socially distance in a pub, depends how big it is. Some gyms are very large - limit the numbers in.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Why ban the smokers beer gardens are in the open air.

It's a running joke on here (mainly in the small things that annoy you thread)

It may be easier to socially distance in a pub, depends how big it is. Some gyms are very large - limit the numbers in.

Smaller pubs would have less in, bigger pubs more. Doesn't matter the size, the number would be limited by the ability to socially distance within.

Yeah, could limit numbers in gyms. Doesn't help if you want to use the machine next to someone. You'd have to police that pretty strongly. Question still remains if 2m would be enough in a gym too - heavy breathing must surely spread further than normal.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Pubs reopening in August sounds like the leak the Mirror reckons it's got of the full blueprint to be announced.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-drafts-5-step-21986668

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson'S FIVE-STAGE PLAN

1. From Monday
Unlimited exercise allowed. Employees to be encouraged to return to workplaces that have stayed open through- out the lockdown if safe. Garden centres could reopen while there may be more guidance on the use of outdoor spaces including open-air markets, high streets and cemeteries.

2. End of May/Start of June
Phased return of primary schools in England, starting with Year 6. Households could be allowed to expand “social bubble” to meet one other household of family or friends.

3. June (End)
Phased return of secondary schools in England before the summer holidays. Small team sports such as five-a-side football could be allowed, along with outdoor gatherings of fewer than 30 people. Cafes with outdoor seating could reopen while outdoor sports like golf, tennis and angling might resume. Possible return of Premier League matches, although behind closed doors.

4. End of August/Start of September
Pubs, bars and restaurants could gradually reopen although customers would be expected to follow strict social distancing rules.

5. October
Possible return of football fans to matches. Gyms could be allowed to re-open. But any further lifting of restrictions to get back to normal life would be in doubt amid fears of a second wave of coronavirus or an outbreak of seasonal flu.

Add salt cos there's a lot of 'could' to it even if it is an accurate take on part of what government will announce. Other side to it is how they'll then re-close things as numbers of cases start heading up again at some point.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

Cant see pubs opening until a vaccine is found, some of them are that small you can't swing a cat, & the more money that c*nt that owns spoons loses is a good thing.
#Sausages

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Cant see pubs opening until a vaccine is found, some of them are that small you can't swing a cat, & the more money that c*nt that owns spoons loses is a good thing.

Are a lot more decent owners / landlords out there who would go under before he was really hit.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah i know garden centres are open and i don't have a problem with that.

No dlfferent than the asda etc being open and stuff from there gives people something they can do in garden, either on own or with kids....my lad likes planting stuff and watching it grow.

This is the problem. Haven't been to a supermarket yet where there has been proper social distancing. Queues outside yeah but once inside everyone's breathing all over each other
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another non-appearance today by our esteemed leader in daily briefing.  Eustace draws the short straw.  Rural affairs minister. 

You gov poll just out according to news report;

75% don’t want lockdown ended now
80% would like some measures eased in 3 weeks time (don’t know which measures)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
UK new deaths 626
UK new cases 4,689

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
Are a lot more decent owners / landlords out there who would go under before he was really hit.
Mate who runs a pub told me he would lose more money opening with social distancing than he would staying closed. Sadly, I think this could be the case for most pubs.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Pubs reopening in August sounds like the leak the Mirror reckons it's got of the full blueprint to be announced.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-drafts-5-step-21986668

Add salt cos there's a lot of 'could' to it even if it is an accurate take on part of what government will announce. Other side to it is how they'll then re-close things as numbers of cases start heading up again at some point.
There will be a second wave of the virus ..... so I’m really looking for policies that reflect that...  why can’t we be honest with people?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W