Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5728499 times)

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #55200 on: June 17, 2020, 08:32:17 am »

looking forward to the zoom call on aftv

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #55201 on: June 17, 2020, 08:33:22 am »
Can't wait to see a socially distanced, post match , Troopz.

--edit @RedSamba , snap --
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55202 on: June 17, 2020, 08:37:31 am »
Think we'll see a great display of keeping the fuck away from c*nts* from Arsenal tonight, they'll get nowhere near city

*social distancing for c*nts who love using buzzwords

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55203 on: June 17, 2020, 10:39:16 am »
He looks ready! It's clear to see that he never left his house at least :D

Does his tattoo say "Crespo"?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55204 on: June 17, 2020, 11:00:26 am »
He looks ready! It's clear to see that he never left his house at least :D

I immediately thought of this. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #55205 on: June 17, 2020, 11:09:59 am »
Just seen this online. Ah well. :-[

The last six meetings between Man City and Arsenal across all competitions:

City 3-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 0-3 City
Arsenal 0-3 City
Arsenal 0-2 City
City 3-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 0-3 City

On agg: Man City 17-2 Arsenal
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #55206 on: June 17, 2020, 11:15:40 am »

Come on, you weren't hoping they'd get something out of tonight were you?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #55207 on: June 17, 2020, 11:23:14 am »

Not really, but I always have a little shred of hope for some reason. :-\
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55208 on: June 17, 2020, 11:25:21 am »
Not really, but I always have a little shred of hope for some reason. :-\

Haha same. I know we’ll take care of our business but one more slip from City would be nice. Hard to see it here though, arguably Burnley will be tougher.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55209 on: June 17, 2020, 11:27:26 am »

That is beyond awful.

Popcorn's Art

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55210 on: June 17, 2020, 11:31:16 am »
Haha same. I know we’ll take care of our business but one more slip from City would be nice. Hard to see it here though, arguably Burnley will be tougher.

Please don't mention slips in conversation with us potentially winning the league :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #55211 on: June 17, 2020, 11:35:31 am »

Well....hoping is probably okay

Having any sort of remote expectation though....no ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55212 on: June 17, 2020, 11:51:17 am »
Please don't mention slips in conversation with us potentially winning the league :P

Different times. :o

Saw this earlier and it’s probably quite accurate:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lacafattybooty/status/1272980283143467008

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55213 on: June 17, 2020, 12:54:18 pm »
Different times. :o

Saw this earlier and it’s probably quite accurate:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lacafattybooty/status/1272980283143467008

ha ha, it's definitely going to happen.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #55214 on: June 17, 2020, 01:54:46 pm »
Does his tattoo say "Crespo"?
Apparently he got it done at half-time on 25 May 2005. Has kinda had full-on tatt-regret ever since...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55215 on: June 17, 2020, 02:31:18 pm »
How many will the spineless lot concede tonight?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55216 on: June 17, 2020, 02:43:12 pm »
How many will the spineless lot concede tonight?

I think they will actually end up seeming less spineless than usual, the lack of match-fitness and the weird crowd situation will disrupt both sides to start with and city's focus will be on the CL anyway as they know they aren't catching us.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #55218 on: June 17, 2020, 10:01:43 pm »
Looking forward to the ArsenalFanTV Zoom Conference tonight

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55219 on: June 17, 2020, 10:15:22 pm »

The last six meetings between Man City and Arsenal across all competitions:

City 3-1 Arsenal
    Arsenal 0-3 City
    Arsenal 0-3 City
    Arsenal 0-2 City
    City 3-1 Arsenal
    Arsenal 0-3 City
    City 3-0 Arsenal

On agg: Man City 20-2 Arsenal

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #55220 on: June 17, 2020, 10:16:34 pm »
It's quite evident that Wenger, though a legend he may be, left a completely fucked Arsenal much in the way Fergie did when he left as well. It'll take them years to recover on top of the two he's already been gone.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #55221 on: June 17, 2020, 10:22:03 pm »
There's so much to change with Arsenal, no idea where they start.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55222 on: June 17, 2020, 10:22:08 pm »
It's quite evident that Wenger, though a legend he may be, left a completely fucked Arsenal much in the way Fergie did when he left as well. It'll take them years to recover on top of the two he's already been gone.

Arsenal were done long before Wenger left; and unlike Fergie, Wenger didn't have the personality to drag them over the line through sheer force of will.  Those FA Cups only papered over the cracks.  They went 10 years without a trophy.  This is early-mid 1980s level stuff from Arsenal.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55223 on: June 17, 2020, 10:25:24 pm »

Just making this point in the games thread. They wasted unbelievable amounts of money towards the end of his time there to try and prop him up for another couple of seasons. Now they've got to rebuild the entire team with no money.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55224 on: June 17, 2020, 10:28:04 pm »
Going nowhere fast this club.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55225 on: June 17, 2020, 10:28:24 pm »

Think Gazidas needs to shoulder some of the blame as well. The last year or 2 transfers really set us back. Buying the likes of Xhaka & Mustafi in 1 summer, not cashing in on Sanchez & Ozil, swapping Sanchez for Mkhitaryan, having Aubameyang & Lacazette as major signings within just over a year of each other, giving Ozil a ridiculous contract.

It's obvious the squad is in serious transition. We've got some good youngsters, the seniors that are meant to be the leaders like Mustafi, Luiz & Xhaka are the ones letting them down.

If Arteta had any sense he's bomb them & get some less error prone guys for the youngsters to play with.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #55226 on: June 17, 2020, 10:30:50 pm »
There's so much to change with Arsenal, no idea where they start.

Luiz

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #55227 on: June 17, 2020, 10:32:43 pm »

How can you just point the fingers at the manager, yes Wenger made mistakes especially with Ozil, but the whole set-up at Arsenal seems lop-sided at the moment. We know through experience ourselves what that can lead to.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55228 on: June 17, 2020, 10:35:39 pm »
Looking forward to the ArsenalFanTV Zoom Conference tonight
they had claude, dt, kelechi and troopz doing a watchalong

How can you just point the fingers at the manager, yes Wenger made mistakes especially with Ozil, but the whole set-up at Arsenal seems lop-sided at the moment. We know through experience ourselves what that can lead to.
Both sides had one man with a huge amount of power and responsibility for decades, that klopps responsibility is predominantly the first team so we should be far less likely to suffer when he goes like those two did
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:37:59 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55229 on: June 17, 2020, 10:35:50 pm »
Think Gazidas needs to shoulder some of the blame as well. The last year or 2 transfers really set us back. Buying the likes of Xhaka & Mustafi in 1 summer, not cashing in on Sanchez & Ozil, swapping Sanchez for Mkhitaryan, having Aubameyang & Lacazette as major signings within just over a year of each other, giving Ozil a ridiculous contract.

It's obvious the squad is in serious transition. We've got some good youngsters, the seniors that are meant to be the leaders like Mustafi, Luiz & Xhaka are the ones letting them down.

If Arteta had any sense he's bomb them & get some less error prone guys for the youngsters to play with.

Where do you stand on the Dein situation? I have heard some Arsenal fans saying it is what they need now and others saying he was part of the problem. You just seem to have a set-up that doesn't work in the way it needs to. It reminds me of us in the latter years of the cancers.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55230 on: June 17, 2020, 10:36:18 pm »
Well, they are just a poorly run club. It is not like they haven't signed players in recent years: Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi, Sokratis, Leno, Pepe, Ceballos, Luiz, Tierney ...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55231 on: June 17, 2020, 10:36:52 pm »
Good to see the world hasn’t changed during lockdown
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #55232 on: June 17, 2020, 10:37:41 pm »
Well, they are just a poorly run club. It is not like they haven't signed players in recent years: Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi, Sokratis, Leno, Pepe, Ceballos, Luiz, Tierney ...

£70 million on Pepe is my personal favourite transfer of theirs in recent years.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55233 on: June 17, 2020, 10:38:05 pm »
And people were furious they beat us to him...
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55234 on: June 17, 2020, 10:38:33 pm »

It's a badly run club from top to bottom, and has been for some considerable time.  Part of the problem probably lies with not kicking Wenger upstairs sooner.  They basically waited until after they fell out of the CL slots to start trying to fix things, by which point it was too late. No forward thinking at all.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #55236 on: June 17, 2020, 10:39:42 pm »
they had claude, dt, kelechi and troopz doing a watchalong

I saw some footage after I made that post. Waiting for a "best bits" package tonight.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #55237 on: June 17, 2020, 10:42:51 pm »

Fair enough, you can't blame him completely but he probably overstayed by a good two or three years with some papering over the cracks in which, as Gerry Attrick said, they tried to prop him up for another few seasons with some ridiculous signings, contracts and just overall bizarre transfer activity when it was quite clear that he was finished. Now, those Arsenal fans with their signs of "Wenger Out" were classless pricks and went about it completely the wrong way but the club and Wenger should have parted in a mutually agreeable and respectable fashion about four years ago when things weren't as fucked for Arsenal and a new man would have had come in and probably had a bit of an easier time with it. They're not even part of the "big six" anymore. They're mid-table.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55238 on: June 17, 2020, 10:46:10 pm »
Fair enough, you can't blame him completely but he probably overstayed by a good two or three years in which, as Gerry Attrick said, they tried to prop him up for another few seasons with some ridiculous signings, contracts and just overall bizarre transfer activity when it was quite clear that he was finished. Now, those Arsenal fans with their signs of "Wenger Out" were classless pricks and went about it completely the wrong way but the club and Wenger should have parted in a mutually agreeable and respectable fashion about four years ago when things weren't as fucked for Arsenal and a new man in would have had come in and probably had a bit of an easier time with it. They're not even part of the "big six" anymore. They're mid-table.

Yes, he should have left earlier. But then the club should have had a plan to replace him with both a system and a manager who could work within that system. It's not as if they didn't have time for it, they knew when he was going. It's the lack of long-term planning which is apparent in a number of clubs. Its something I hope we are working on as well, as you need to be ready for when the next guy comes in, or at least have a system set up which means the next appointment has at least a chance of running smoothly.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #55239 on: June 17, 2020, 10:46:27 pm »
We’re now way past the point of still including them as a ‘Top 6’ club. A lot of promising young payers but the failure to sort out their defence over the last 10 years is ridiculous.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"