Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4151694 times)

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #65680 on: February 28, 2021, 03:58:06 am »
is right... not canelos fault, just no fight in Anvi.. at least it wasn't a 5am fight  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #65681 on: February 28, 2021, 04:08:32 am »
;D

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65682 on: February 28, 2021, 07:50:19 am »
Eddie wasn't kidding about the ring walk!

Canelo just as good as ever. Yildrim barely had a punch.

Looking forward to the Saunders fight. Just hope a decent Billy turns up.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65683 on: February 28, 2021, 09:41:24 am »
Did anyone see the fella fall off the BMX on the ring walk  ;D

Complete waste of time for everyone that fight then, anything decent on the undercard worth going back to watch?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65684 on: February 28, 2021, 09:56:59 am »
Eddie wasn't kidding about the ring walk!

Canelo just as good as ever. Yildrim barely had a punch.

Looking forward to the Saunders fight. Just hope a decent Billy turns up.
Saunders is one of those who fights to the level of his opponent, so you never know.

The problem he's got though is that getting a decision against Canelo is basically impossible, especially with a style like his. And he's not knocking him out in a million years.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65685 on: February 28, 2021, 01:14:35 pm »
BJS has to get 2 KO's in Vegas to get a split decision for fuck sakes. He's got barely any power to trouble anyone at Super middleweight anyway.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65686 on: February 28, 2021, 01:18:11 pm »
BJS has to get 2 KO's in Vegas to get a split decision for fuck sakes. He's got barely any power to trouble anyone at Super middleweight anyway.

I doubt BJS would even beat Eubank Jr if they boxed again.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65687 on: February 28, 2021, 04:14:30 pm »

Speaking of Jr, apparently Eddie is lining him up to fight your buddy Kell Brook...

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65688 on: February 28, 2021, 04:21:55 pm »

Eubank Jnr has turned into the invisable man.

Probably waiting to destroy GGG as he keeps saying I mean a bloke who lost  to BJS and Groves thinks he is gonna beat GGG 🤣🤣

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #65689 on: February 28, 2021, 05:52:08 pm »

isn't he living with Roy Jones Jr?! Sure I heard that on a podcast

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65690 on: February 28, 2021, 05:54:04 pm »
He's being trained by him not sure if he's camping out in Roy's back garden like.  :D

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65691 on: February 28, 2021, 10:30:30 pm »
isn't he living with Roy Jones Jr?! Sure I heard that on a podcast

It must be getting on 2 years since he last boxed.

I think he is training with Jones Jnr correct.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65692 on: March 1, 2021, 11:15:38 am »

Probably waiting to destroy GGG as he keeps saying I mean a bloke who lost  to BJS and Groves thinks he is gonna beat GGG 🤣🤣
I was just thinking about him on Saturday while watching the Yildrim fight. Mad how he has just disappeared.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65693 on: March 1, 2021, 05:30:50 pm »
Is matchroom boxing's fightpass no longer a thing?

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #65694 on: March 1, 2021, 06:10:12 pm »

Presumably it's hard to charge for early ticket access when they aren't selling tickets for events

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65695 on: March 2, 2021, 07:03:10 pm »
Josh Taylor v Jose Ramirez confirmed for the Undisputed Light Welterweight title May 22nd.

Vegas likely to be the venue.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65696 on: March 3, 2021, 05:22:05 pm »
Bob Arum saying everyone agreed on all the stipulations for Furv v Joshua, just needs to be signed now by both fighters.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65697 on: March 3, 2021, 05:26:31 pm »
Bob Arum saying everyone agreed on all the stipulations for Furv v Joshua, just needs to be signed now by both fighters.  ;D

Haven't they announced this about 10 times already?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65698 on: March 3, 2021, 05:29:25 pm »

Think it was mostly from the AJ side saying it was happening before now. Can’t remember the Fury side confirming it before but I could be wrong.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65699 on: March 3, 2021, 05:30:34 pm »

Before it was Edwardo saying it's getting close. First time Arum has come out with both sides agreeing everything.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65700 on: March 3, 2021, 05:31:58 pm »
Think it was mostly from the AJ side saying it was happening before now. Can’t remember the Fury side confirming it before but I could be wrong.

Fury's agent/promoter is Arum, don't take any notice of Frank Warren. He's just a patsie or pasty? One or the other.  ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65701 on: March 3, 2021, 05:50:29 pm »

Think it is just Covid stopping it. Hard to agree a fight of this size. I guess they are thinking they could do it at full capacity in the UK now after June?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65702 on: March 3, 2021, 06:04:02 pm »
Not UK for the first fight. Edwardo pretty much guaranteeing the money on offer for the first one is mega.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65703 on: March 3, 2021, 06:10:15 pm »

Think Fury himself has announced it, because he had that Irish gangster involved.

Bob Arum loves to stop big fights from happening though, so if he's saying it's done that's good news.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65704 on: March 3, 2021, 06:39:09 pm »
This fight can only happen infront of a crowd, if that's Saudi then so be it. Would hate for the biggest heavyweight fight in 20 something years to be fought infront of seats.

Offline Creg

• Main Stander
« Reply #65705 on: March 3, 2021, 10:45:58 pm »
Josh Taylor v Jose Ramirez confirmed for the Undisputed Light Welterweight title May 22nd.

Vegas likely to be the venue.

Had hoped to get to this but not going to happen.

Hopefully Taylor comes back with all the belts.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #65706 on: March 4, 2021, 07:02:53 am »
This fight can only happen infront of a crowd, if that's Saudi then so be it. Would hate for the biggest heavyweight fight in 20 something years to be fought infront of seats.

Be better if it was a crowd of actual boxing fans rather than rich fellas there for a day out like the WBSS finals

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65707 on: March 4, 2021, 09:40:35 am »
Had hoped to get to this but not going to happen.

Hopefully Taylor comes back with all the belts.

Hasn't been a British undisputed champion since Lennox, and there's only been 3 or 4 in history.  Now we might have 2 before the end of the year.
Be better if it was a crowd of actual boxing fans rather than rich fellas there for a day out like the WBSS finals
That rules out Vegas as well then ;D

Really hope it's in the UK, but I don't hold much hope.  I think the Euros might make it complicated as well.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65708 on: March 4, 2021, 03:14:54 pm »
Fuck Saudi Arabia. c*nts
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65709 on: March 4, 2021, 03:39:04 pm »
Fuck Saudi Arabia. c*nts

Correct.

It should be in the UK there is no excuse to not do it money shouldnt be a factor.

Imagine Saudi getting the biggest fight with two UK boxers for decades next you will be telling me Qatar are going to host a world cup before Holland 🤣

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #65710 on: March 4, 2021, 03:44:23 pm »
It shouldn't be in the UK if you can't get a full crowd in and they can't wait for that

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65711 on: March 4, 2021, 03:46:42 pm »
It shouldn't be in the UK if you can't get a full crowd in and they can't wait for that

Be able to by July id imagine or could have it later in the year at Cardiff.

Put it this way if it was two Americans there is zero chance the fight goes overseas.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #65712 on: March 4, 2021, 03:50:36 pm »
No because they could find a way of having a full crowd in America. If they could fill Wembley in the first part of the year it would be there and it had to happen in the first half of the year

I'd be very surprised if there were large crowds at sports anywhere before September

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65713 on: March 4, 2021, 03:51:30 pm »
I hope Fury batters him.

The new Bruno v Tyson documentary is worth a watch. I didn't realise how badly Tyson battered him in the second fight, Tyson just seemed a level above him altogether to be honest.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #65714 on: March 4, 2021, 04:09:28 pm »

Will be interesting to see if this comes back into play if they start having fights with smaller crowds as things open up again.

The new Bruno v Tyson documentary is worth a watch. I didn't realise how badly Tyson battered him in the second fight, Tyson just seemed a level above him altogether to be honest.

The only reason the first fight lasted so long was because Bruno spent half the time holding onto Tyson and the other half fighting dirty. He was lucky he didn't get chucked out. Richard Steele was very patient with Bruno, probably because he knew what was coming.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65715 on: March 4, 2021, 05:19:09 pm »
I hope Fury batters him.

It'll be a stinker of a fight.  Massive though and I can't wait for it.

The documentary is on my list.  Went to one of these 'evening with' things with Frank Bruno a few years ago, was a really nice guy, made time for everyone.  Obviously has had his demons in the past which he acknowledged.  He said there was no way he should have been allowed to take that second fight though, he had a detached retina from the McCall fight, but Don King made it happen.  He could barely see but he'd been put it front of dodgy doctors etc. to get clearance.  Then some of the stuff that was happening to him in the run up to the fight in Vegas... Interested to see how much of the story he tells in the documentary anyway, might be a bit different with a camera on him!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65716 on: March 4, 2021, 07:01:07 pm »
It'll be a stinker of a fight.  Massive though and I can't wait for it.

The documentary is on my list.  Went to one of these 'evening with' things with Frank Bruno a few years ago, was a really nice guy, made time for everyone.  Obviously has had his demons in the past which he acknowledged.  He said there was no way he should have been allowed to take that second fight though, he had a detached retina from the McCall fight, but Don King made it happen.  He could barely see but he'd been put it front of dodgy doctors etc. to get clearance.  Then some of the stuff that was happening to him in the run up to the fight in Vegas... Interested to see how much of the story he tells in the documentary anyway, might be a bit different with a camera on him!

Bruno does seem like a lovely fella to be honest. My girlfriend who has no interest in boxing but watched this with me said that Tyson looked absolutely terrifying during his ring walk in the second fight. I couldn’t disagree, he was a scary bastard.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65717 on: March 4, 2021, 07:03:44 pm »
Here's the thing though by the time the second fight came around Tyson's aura had gone unless you were a limited fighter. None of the top guy's at the time feared him.  :D

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65718 on: March 4, 2021, 07:55:59 pm »
Twitter has just reminded me that Calzaghe-Lacy was 15 years ago today.  Time flies, but that was one of the most comprehensive beatings I've ever seen, in a supposedly even fight.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #65719 on: March 4, 2021, 11:26:35 pm »
Have read Liam Smith will no longer be trained by Joe Gallagher, Joseph Parker has also parted ways with Kevin Barry. Gervonta Davis stepping up to 140.