Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly Q&A  (Read 298199 times)

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
Re: Spirit of Shankly Q&A
« Reply #400 on: January 9, 2011, 10:35:24 pm »
Same here,joined at the start of October and havnt got anything in the post.. Just wondering is there someone I can contact incase there has been a problem,cheers Dominic..

Both of you e-mail Sam at membership@spiritofshankly.com with your details when you joined etc and she will be able to help you out over it.

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:18 pm »
Still haven't recieved anything since making this post.

Lost in the mail?

My pack came literally the next working day after I posted this.

Funny world we live in.

Offline dom lfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #402 on: January 11, 2011, 05:52:27 pm »
Both of you e-mail Sam at membership@spiritofshankly.com with your details when you joined etc and she will be able to help you out over it.
I've sent off an email so hopefully hear something back soon..
SOS Member; 8306..

Offline dom lfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #403 on: January 12, 2011, 01:27:36 pm »
My membership arrived today!! Cheers for the help Paul Gardner and Sam at SOS..
SOS Member; 8306..

Offline Jadam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2011, 05:09:30 pm »
Booked on to the coach to wolves for saturday, it says it's an FA cup match though presume this is just a mistake? Also, it isnt on the travel page with all of the other links I saw it on the news section.

Also, are you allowed to drink on the SOS coaches?

Thanks
"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." -
               Rafa Benitez

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2011, 10:04:51 am »
Booked on to the coach to wolves for saturday, it says it's an FA cup match though presume this is just a mistake? Also, it isnt on the travel page with all of the other links I saw it on the news section.

Also, are you allowed to drink on the SOS coaches?

Thanks

Check your PMs
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2011, 12:43:28 pm »
Graham,

Seems a bit quite on the SoS front

Anything going on in the background that you can share with us?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2011, 02:15:36 pm »
Graham,

Seems a bit quite on the SoS front

Anything going on in the background that you can share with us?

We've been collating members views about the important issues they want putting to the owners and are looking to meet with them asap - hopefully this visit.

Elections in full swing and AGM due next month.

New website being launched next month, plus new youth and junior memberships being created and we're considering getting some premises very, very close to the ground.

There is the inevitable pause that it is only fair to give the new owners but they promised engagement and we'll look forward to that.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #408 on: January 18, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »
We've been collating members views about the important issues they want putting to the owners and are looking to meet with them asap - hopefully this visit.

Elections in full swing and AGM due next month.

New website being launched next month, plus new youth and junior memberships being created and we're considering getting some premises very, very close to the ground.

There is the inevitable pause that it is only fair to give the new owners but they promised engagement and we'll look forward to that.

Thanks Graham
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2011, 09:02:26 am »

It was a typo.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 20, 2011, 10:19:16 am »
Hi I renewed my membership online last week and my mate booked 2 seats including my membership on the coach online. Do I need to bring the confirmation paypal letter or just bring my old membership card because my new membership hasnt arrived yet? Thanks

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 20, 2011, 10:20:03 am »
Hi I renewed my membership online last week and my mate booked 2 seats including my membership on the coach online. Do I need to bring the confirmation paypal letter or just bring my old membership card because my new membership hasnt arrived yet? Thanks

This is for the Wolves game by the way

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:27 pm »
This is for the Wolves game by the way

Paypal stuff will be fine.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 20, 2011, 12:07:54 pm »

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: February 4, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »
I wanted to raise an issue about the stated aims of SOS, which to be honest don't make a lot of sense to me, certainly in terms of how they are laid out.

The first stated aim is "To represent the best interests of supporters of Liverpool football club". Which is of course excellent, and something that I imagine all supporters want, as being an aim which cannot always be entrusted to owners. It's a banner headline, an all-encompassing statement of what SOS (or any supporter group which wants to represent all fans rather than particular groups) should be about.

But then we have a raft of aims which really could be subsections under this first stated aim. Indeed you could perhaps more logically call them 'Objectives' under the central aim. In other words, this, on its own, is our Aim, and we intend to go about by: Holding owners to account, create long lasting relationships with the supporting community, improve the quality of service (maybe better as 'campain to improve...') improve travel arrangements etc. It would just seem to make more sense that way.

Also, whilst I am sure this has been debated at length, I'd like to add my tuppence with regards to the 'Ultimate Aim'. 'Ultimate' is one hell of a tag to wear. I wonder if that would have been made the Ultimate Aim if SOS was being founded in 1982, 1992, 2002 or 2012 for that matter - maybe it's a product of its time more than anything else? As a supporter, I am looking for a group to look after the interests of myself as a fan and the collective as a whole. When SOS was established, looking into supporter ownership was a live issue and something we all would have subscibed to as a wonderful solution to a desperate problem. But now? Not so much. I'd have thought if the club was being run in the right way, which the owners sensitive to our needs and wants as espoused in the other Aims, then it is something we do not need, and as such, it should certainly not be an Ultimate Aim. Giving it such a label can rub good owners up the wrong way and cause difficulties in what should be a positive relationship ('Hey, this group of fans ULTIMATELY wants us out'). It can also put off new members from joining - good fans, who are involved and serious fans, but are put off by a group with a stated Ultimate Aim that is always there, lurking, threatening to rock the boat. The owners have already alluded to this in reply to the SOS letter/proposal.

To be honest I don't know how this was all put together in the first place, but I would suggest it would make sense to re-examine this. Some form of supporter representation at a high level...maybe, you could argure the toss over that, depending on how it was implemented. But to be so militant as to have supporter ownership as an Ultimate Aim?

For me, the Ultimate Aim should be the only Aim: To represent the best interests of supporters of Liverpool Football Club.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: February 5, 2011, 10:14:57 am »
I wanted to raise an issue about the stated aims of SOS, which to be honest don't make a lot of sense to me, certainly in terms of how they are laid out.

The first stated aim is "To represent the best interests of supporters of Liverpool football club". Which is of course excellent, and something that I imagine all supporters want, as being an aim which cannot always be entrusted to owners. It's a banner headline, an all-encompassing statement of what SOS (or any supporter group which wants to represent all fans rather than particular groups) should be about.

But then we have a raft of aims which really could be subsections under this first stated aim. Indeed you could perhaps more logically call them 'Objectives' under the central aim. In other words, this, on its own, is our Aim, and we intend to go about by: Holding owners to account, create long lasting relationships with the supporting community, improve the quality of service (maybe better as 'campain to improve...') improve travel arrangements etc. It would just seem to make more sense that way.

Also, whilst I am sure this has been debated at length, I'd like to add my tuppence with regards to the 'Ultimate Aim'. 'Ultimate' is one hell of a tag to wear. I wonder if that would have been made the Ultimate Aim if SOS was being founded in 1982, 1992, 2002 or 2012 for that matter - maybe it's a product of its time more than anything else? As a supporter, I am looking for a group to look after the interests of myself as a fan and the collective as a whole. When SOS was established, looking into supporter ownership was a live issue and something we all would have subscibed to as a wonderful solution to a desperate problem. But now? Not so much. I'd have thought if the club was being run in the right way, which the owners sensitive to our needs and wants as espoused in the other Aims, then it is something we do not need, and as such, it should certainly not be an Ultimate Aim. Giving it such a label can rub good owners up the wrong way and cause difficulties in what should be a positive relationship ('Hey, this group of fans ULTIMATELY wants us out'). It can also put off new members from joining - good fans, who are involved and serious fans, but are put off by a group with a stated Ultimate Aim that is always there, lurking, threatening to rock the boat. The owners have already alluded to this in reply to the SOS letter/proposal.

To be honest I don't know how this was all put together in the first place, but I would suggest it would make sense to re-examine this. Some form of supporter representation at a high level...maybe, you could argure the toss over that, depending on how it was implemented. But to be so militant as to have supporter ownership as an Ultimate Aim?

For me, the Ultimate Aim should be the only Aim: To represent the best interests of supporters of Liverpool Football Club.

At the end of the day members have an opportunity three or four times a year at an AGM or EGMs to propose a change in the objectives. Currently there is no appetite as far as we have seen to change these objectives and if truth be known the vote to engage with Share Liverpool was a positive affirmation the ultimate aim still retains majority support.

However, if you're a member there is no reason you don't seek to put this forward and see if the view is widespread.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #416 on: March 20, 2011, 08:47:21 am »
Is there a back log at the moment with renewals? Sent the slip & cheque back 5-6 weeks ago.

Only just realised that the cheque has not been cashed?
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2011, 12:57:47 am »
Is there a back log at the moment with renewals? Sent the slip & cheque back 5-6 weeks ago.

Only just realised that the cheque has not been cashed?

No, we're up to date.

I suspect there might be a post problem.

Before you cancel your cheque, email membership@spiritofshankly.com and check if it has been received.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #418 on: March 21, 2011, 12:47:17 pm »
No, we're up to date.

Before you cancel your cheque, email membership@spiritofshankly.com and check if it has been received.

Done. Awaiting response.

Cheers
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #419 on: March 24, 2011, 12:14:17 pm »
Hi all

Details of the next SOS London Branch committee meeting:

Tuesday 5 April, 7.30pm at the Horseshoe Inn, Melior Street, i.e. the place where we had our first sweltering meeting last July. http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/14/14422/Horseshoe_Inn/London_Bridge

We hope to have someone from the main Committee attending, and an Agenda will be circulated early next week.

Obviously there will be a different tone to our 2 previous meetings but if you can, please do come along.

The pub's got decent tellies so anyone wanting to watch the 2nd half of Tottenham v Real can do so.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:30:32 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »
No, we're up to date.

Graham

Any idea how long it takes to get a reply?

Emailed Monday and still nothing?

The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2011, 06:41:38 pm »
Graham

Email me your details at secretary@spiritofshankly.com
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2011, 03:10:12 pm »
Graham

Sam, had replied to all e-mails she had outstanding yesterday morning. So if you haven't had a reply it might have hit a spam filter or something so does as Graham said.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #423 on: April 5, 2011, 07:45:21 pm »
thanks for the great photo boys and girls!

http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2011, 02:36:02 pm »
Mine too, very nice rare pics, nice one

Offline CorsicanScouse

• Boys Pen
SoS French Branch
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2012, 10:27:03 pm »
Hello reds,

I'm setting up a french branch of the SoS. To be set up, a branch needs 25 members at least. I already got 16.
If you have any relation with SoS or France, or even if you're french and you want to be part of the Spirit of Shankly Union, let me know.

I'll then let you know how to apply to the membership.

Cheers, CorsicanScouse

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2012, 04:09:21 pm »
Hello reds,

I'm setting up a french branch of the SoS. To be set up, a branch needs 25 members at least. I already got 16.
If you have any relation with SoS or France, or even if you're french and you want to be part of the Spirit of Shankly Union, let me know.

I'll then let you know how to apply to the membership.

Cheers, CorsicanScouse

have you tried any supporters clubs? info from main lfc site:-

Anthony Ventre
E: info@liverpoolfrance.com
W: www.liverpoolfrance.com

there's also a very lovely lady called Camelia but i can't find her details only what seems to be an old profile:-

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=36523
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline liv-red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2012, 08:46:47 pm »
Nice renewal pack came through today- if yours has run out get it done!

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2013, 07:09:17 pm »
Spotted this online, sure you guys are aware already, but worth sharing.

Stoke will be offering free travel for their fans to away games.

Over the season, that is a huge saving.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/club-announce-free-away-travel-930449.aspx

It will add more to the debate on cost of football campaign thats going on at the moment.

Well done Stoke.

Offline TheFamousKop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #429 on: March 29, 2014, 10:58:32 pm »
Need everybody to make an extra effort to support the team vs Tottenham on Sunday. The title race has tilted in our favour and it is in our own hands now. Tomorrow is one of seven massive games. Win all our games and we are Champions!! Need everyone to pull their weight, get involved and support the team. Get behind Liverpool more than ever now, it is vital. We've seen what we can do when we all stick together and get behind the team, its time to get Anfield absolutely bouncing now!!! These next 7 games are going to be some of the most nervous, exciting, emotional moments of our lives, and we all have to share it as one. GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!!

Get on the stands 20-30 minutes before KO
Wear RED
Bring scarves, flags and banners (If you don't have one, get one from @hatscarforabadg ... www.hat-scarf-or-a-badge.com )
Get the songs going whilst the teams warm up! Make our lads feel like Kings and out the fear of god into Tottenham
Keep the songs going all the songs going all game, don't let nerves get the better of us
Stay until the last whistle

SUPPORT & BELIEVE!!!!

@TheFamousKop
@TheFamousKop

Reclaim The Kop

Jay

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #430 on: November 25, 2016, 01:19:29 pm »
Not a question, but just a well done on the New Year's Eve negotiations with Merseytravel. One of the worst parts about getting to games at odd times for me is the dash back to Lime Street to hopefully catch the very last train home. So flagging the problem the New Year's Eve fixture would cause supporters and getting a positive reaction from local travel providers is really a credit to SOS. It would be useful for the club and the football authorities to start putting at least some thought into how scheduling hits supporters. Even more so for those who have to do the crazy away travel sometimes required.

SOS on the negotiations: http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/man-city-local-travel-and-lack-of-club-engagement
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."