Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3121766 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35120 on: August 7, 2022, 09:41:39 am »
Even if we get someone in now they may need time to bed in, while our best midfielder is injured and he's not likely to be as good as Thiago anyway if we do sign someone.

However, if we can get someone good in and stay competitive, we'll benefit once we have Thiago back.

Ox, Keita, Milner looking like they may all next summer, Thiago and Henderson will be 32 and 33. Time to act now, at least it's not September, but then we had 4 months to get a CB in ready for January in 2021.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35121 on: August 7, 2022, 09:52:59 am »
Gotta be more than that, off the tip of my head I can add Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz, you can maybe add Nunez by the looks of it too.
First 3 months for salah, Mane, Jota  was still getting up to speed. Diaz came in and earned the starting spot pretty fast but his end product was still not there. Attacking Players can settle faster but still getting up to speed on attacking patterns and pressing for them takes months, all those 3 took time for that.
I would not expect a MF come in and have an impact as a starter wo getting up to speed on the pressing etc. By that time thiago should be back. If somebody signed it should be a long term target
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 10:20:19 am by RedG13 »

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #35122 on: August 7, 2022, 09:59:21 am »
Was this Nunez??? link real? the midfielder

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35123 on: August 7, 2022, 10:00:20 am »
This time thing is a bit of a myth based pretty much solely on Robbo (who looked great when he played early anyway but Albie was somehow preferred and Fab who took a bit of time). Can't be having Mo Salah on a took time to settle list for fuck sake  ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35124 on: August 7, 2022, 10:07:20 am »
Think we all need to accept we probably won't be signing anyone else this window unless someone like Naby ends up getting injured long-term before the window closes.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35125 on: August 7, 2022, 10:14:52 am »
I think how quickly a player settles in depends on the player profile, the player himself, the position and the balance of the team. Diaz made an immediate impact because of his skill and speed, and also allowed Mane to reinvent himself a bit and flourish upfront for us, and refreshed the attack as a whole.

If a midfielder comes in this window, I'd expect him to have both power and pace.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35126 on: August 7, 2022, 10:21:53 am »
Fabian Ruiz is available, PSG are all over him

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35127 on: August 7, 2022, 10:25:22 am »
This time thing is a bit of a myth based pretty much solely on Robbo (who looked great when he played early anyway but Albie was somehow preferred and Fab who took a bit of time). Can't be having Mo Salah on a took time to settle list for fuck sake  ;D

It's more that Klopp likes to give players time to bed in and adapt tactically and if we sign someone now they won't have had a pre-season with us, which is partly why we like to do business early.

I remember Thiago came in straight away and just bossed it, but then got crocked at the end of his full debut. Ali, Salah and Virg the same but these are all world class footballers. Fabinho and Robbo were held back a lot and Nunez to an extent now, so it depends.

Thiago makes us tick and I don't think you can really replace that like for like. I'd like to see us get a different profile of midfielder, which is what we were looking at with Tchouameni but there was no list of targets for this summer beyond him.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35128 on: August 7, 2022, 10:28:59 am »
Klopp's thinking, we have a lot of injuries, but when they all return he's actually got 8 midfielders and adding another to that will just cause him a headache.

We know that both Milner and Ox are leaving at the end if the season so it's not madness to sign someone now to replace Ox and Ox pretty much not play the rest of the season, if he gets fit enough in the first place. Klopp may not like that on the human level but it could cost us in these competitions before the WC break.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35129 on: August 7, 2022, 10:31:06 am »
We know that both Milner and Ox are leaving at the end if the season so it's not madness to sign someone now to replace Ox and Ox pretty much not play the rest of the season, if he gets fit enough in the first place. Klopp may not like that on the human level but it could cost us in these competitions before the WC break.

The alternative is Ox could go in Jan ?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35130 on: August 7, 2022, 10:35:00 am »

Thing is Klopp hasn’t picked him to play a minute in midfield for months … he couldn’t even get a sniff when we played with a 48 hour turn around … he doesn’t/shouldn’t have any bearing on what we do in the market

The 8 midfielders thing doesn’t check out if we’re playing our usual 433
In that system Klopp trusts Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago to play in the two deeper lying positions … maybe he’ll play Keita a bit deeper but he’s been reluctant to.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 10:39:23 am by JackWard33 »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #35131 on: August 7, 2022, 10:37:10 am »
Fabian Ruiz is available, PSG are all over him

Utd are after him as well.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35132 on: August 7, 2022, 10:38:10 am »
Ox and Keita are injury prone and aren't good enough to be regular starters. At this stage, they should have taken over from Hendo and Milner but they aren't good enough.

Our elder statesmen are getting on a bit and would be better served to be rotation options at this stage of their careers. Thiago is boss but injured prone while Harvey and Curtis are kids.

We need a robust and mature midfielder to step in. Gini wouldn't have been a bad shout on loan.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 10:56:45 am by MonsLibpool »

Online kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #35133 on: August 7, 2022, 10:44:27 am »
Thiago injured in the first game of the season feels like a bit of an omen. We're not going to be able to rely on him are we? Ox is divisive, and I happen to think he's a great player. . . . when he's fit. At this point he's a bonus and we shouldn't be relying on him at all this season.

Keita's injury record is bad. To the extent I'm convinced we haven't really been the real Naby yet as he's not been fit for enough time to really get into any form.

I'm sure it's already been done to death, but we may well have the numbers in midfield, but we certainly don't have the fitness.

The variable is, what did we expect from Elliot and Carvalho this season? If the answer is to be first teamers and make big impacts over the entire campaign, then we might be OK. If the plan was to ease them in during Cup competitions and the odd sub appearance, then we seem to have a problem.

I expect we'll wait until at least January to be honest. I'm quite excited about Elliot and Carvalho and feel it could be a big opportunity for them both.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35134 on: August 7, 2022, 10:45:32 am »
Gini's time here was done. We aren't desperate.

Hasn't Carvalho had time in pre season on as LCM? Can't see us getting a player in before window closes.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35135 on: August 7, 2022, 10:54:17 am »
You'd think we'll at least be looking at what's available in the market and whether it's worth attempting a signing now.

It's hardly a surprise Thiago is injured. It won't be a surprise if Naby gets one, or Milner, or another midfielder.

Having loads of midfielders and each with their own unique quality is great, but a prerequisite should always be fitness.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #35136 on: August 7, 2022, 10:58:01 am »
Linked with Ismael Bennacer

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35137 on: August 7, 2022, 11:02:02 am »
Gini's time here was done. We aren't desperate.

Hasn't Carvalho had time in pre season on as LCM? Can't see us getting a player in before window closes.
If we have all our eggs in the Bellingham basket then getting Gini on a cheap loan wouldn't have been a terrible decision.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35138 on: August 7, 2022, 11:02:09 am »
If we do move i'd hope it's for a top player and not a Kabak level player. You might as well put Carvalho in midfield if we can't get better.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35139 on: August 7, 2022, 11:08:40 am »
If we have all our eggs in the Bellingham basket then getting Gini on a cheap loan wouldn't have been a terrible decision.

We won't.

Where has this idea that the only midfielder we want at the expense of all others is Jude Bellingham come from? We've been linked with him, the same as every other big club has been or will be in the coming months, but that doesn't mean he's the only player in that position that we're looking at or would like to sign if the opportunity was there.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35140 on: August 7, 2022, 11:09:37 am »
Why Gini? His time was done. I'd rather we go for someone with a long term move in mind.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35141 on: August 7, 2022, 11:11:40 am »
You'd think we'll at least be looking at what's available in the market and whether it's worth attempting a signing now.

It's hardly a surprise Thiago is injured. It won't be a surprise if Naby gets one, or Milner, or another midfielder.

Having loads of midfielders and each with their own unique quality is great, but a prerequisite should always be fitness.
I'd think we are looking at what is available. Whether that makes financial sense this summer is a different thing altogether. Can't see us doing anything unless the player is someone we actually really want.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35142 on: August 7, 2022, 11:15:20 am »
Why Gini? His time was done. I'd rather we go for someone with a long term move in mind.

Gini's time was done but we let go our most durable midfielder and haven't replaced him. He was still an ever present in his last season here. Getting him back for a year would have made sense if we weren't going to sign anyone else.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35143 on: August 7, 2022, 11:15:25 am »
Why Gini? His time was done. I'd rather we go for someone with a long-term move in mind.
Assuming Jude is the long-term option, Gini would have been a decent stop-gap.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35144 on: August 7, 2022, 11:21:40 am »
Gini's time was done but we let go our most durable midfielder and haven't replaced him. He was still an ever present in his last season here. Getting him back for a year would have made sense if we weren't going to sign anyone else.

Is he still durable? He missed a large part of last season with injury.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35145 on: August 7, 2022, 11:22:49 am »
Assuming Jude is the long-term option, Gini would have been a decent stop-gap.
Gini is a lazy option. There's better out there even on loan probably.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35146 on: August 7, 2022, 11:23:22 am »

Never heard of him, let's sign him!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35147 on: August 7, 2022, 11:23:40 am »
Don't think a Fabinho, Hendo and Gini midfield would be particularly appealing anymore. Especially given the fact they're all a bit older and their main job was providing cover for our more attacking players.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35148 on: August 7, 2022, 11:26:42 am »
Gini is a lazy option. There's better out there even on loan probably.

Yep.

We won't be making do with stop-gap signings in any case, but Wijnaldum would not have been the answer for us this season. Great player in his time here, but we've moved on and will be looking longer term if we do make any more signings.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35149 on: August 7, 2022, 11:30:35 am »
I'd think we are looking at what is available. Whether that makes financial sense this summer is a different thing altogether. Can't see us doing anything unless the player is someone we actually really want.

Agree. It's why talk about Gini for a year seems ridiculous to me.

You'd like to think there would be someone available. Ideally a physical monster that can cover large parts of the pitch with little effort.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35150 on: August 7, 2022, 11:33:30 am »

Heard good things of him,right age and with some experience.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35151 on: August 7, 2022, 11:35:45 am »
Agree. It's why talk about Gini for a year seems ridiculous to me.

You'd like to think there would be someone available. Ideally a physical monster that can cover large parts of the pitch with little effort.
[/quote

I agree there has to be someone out there who can do that job.

I dont expect us to sign anyone now though.

It seems we are always waiting a window or two to sign what is needed.

City are obviously favourites again and with our midfielders dropping like flies can we keep up with them ?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35152 on: August 7, 2022, 11:37:16 am »
Bennacer is quality, would be a cool get. Nice ball winner, good when pressed, dribbles etc. Think we need someone of that age too, got the old guys and the young guys but missing a few in between.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35153 on: August 7, 2022, 11:56:31 am »
If we do move i'd hope it's for a top player and not a Kabak level player. You might as well put Carvalho in midfield if we can't get better.

Agreed, although I personally don't think there's any risk of that.

I'm not a huge fan of the "stop gap" label being thrown around, as it's a needlessly negative connotation. Presumably it should be applied to Origi and Minimino, because they didn't take anyone's starting spot - yet I think we can all appreciate that those guys contributed massively to our winning spell these last few years.

If we were to get someone that might be considered a bit of a stop gap, I don't think it would be a desperation loan of a player that excelled against teenagers but ultimately isn't very good - I think it would be the kind of signing that Minamino was. A versatile midfielder with good character and a release clause, at a club where we've scouted a lot (so have plenty of info, not going in blind) who has evident qualities (especially physical) but may not be the full package in terms of marrying up their ball playing ability with their high level physicality.

So sort of a Momo Sissoko type of situation (not saying the same midfield role) - physically dominant, great stamina, always available, but not at the level of Keita/Fabinho/Thiago on the ball. I suppose we could do something similar but in reverse (a bit like Minamino, or Sahin years back). Technically excellent but not at the top level physically.

I don't know who there is out there, but I Jack just mentioned Laimer at Leipzig (I remember the name from discussions earlier in the window). By all accounts he's a decent player. THere's also the old captain of their's who moved to Bayern and is annoyed with them one year in (Sabitzer, had to google). Don't think he's top level physically, but is decent with the ball, very versatile and obviously a leader.

I dunno, just thinking out loud to try to guess what options the club may explore if they decide to move for a midfielder at relative short notice.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35154 on: August 7, 2022, 12:02:14 pm »
Must say I agree with the shouts in this thread that we really need a midfielder now and not wait till next summer. It’s clear we have a target in mind that we’re waiting for and that’s great an all but what do we do about our current midfield? Ox, Naby, Thiago to put it mildly are quite injury prone and can’t be relied upon to stay fit. People will point to Ox being fit for so long but he wasn’t playing and therefore less likely to get injured. We’ve either got injury prone midfielders or young lads learning their trade and to go in to the season like this is risky but we’ve done it before and I feel we’ll do it again. The episode with the CB’s a couple of years ago was so frustrating to see becsuse we all knew what we needed yet it took an injury to Matip towards the end of the window for us to panic buy two CB’s that were nowhere near the required quality to be at our club. We’ll have targets in mind, it’s not like the club will now Google midfielders, we will have alternatives to Tchou Tchou and Bellingham. As much as we all want a new midfielder I don’t think we’ll be signing one this window.

Also the shouts for Gini are batshit crazy, why? So more of our fans can post on various boards about how he offers nothing, the Gini train departed a long time ago, let him enjoy Mourinho throwing him under the bus the moment Roma lose a game.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #35155 on: August 7, 2022, 12:03:10 pm »
Never heard of him, let's sign him!

I've heard of his sister Pat

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #35156 on: August 7, 2022, 12:12:05 pm »
We know that both Milner and Ox are leaving at the end if the season so it's not madness to sign someone now

Playing devil’s advocate why would you need replacements for your 7th and 8th choice midfielders brought in 12 months early (with a financial implication)?

I understand the bedding in piece etc but there’s a financial implication of carrying another player and there’s arguably an argument that Klopp wouldn’t want the extra player to handle given its impact on squad balance/harmony.

We won’t buy a replacement for AOC or Milner until they leave. Klopp wanted to keep Milner. He made that choice. AOC is difficult to know where he stands in Klopp’s thinking. What we do know is that Klopp isn’t pushing him out the door, AOC isn’t pushing for a move and based on what we hear teams aren’t banging down our door to buy him.

Like I said the counter argument is that it’s madness to buys 9th midfielder when you offered the 7th choice a new contract just a few months ago and you can’t’/won’t sell your 8th choice.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35157 on: August 7, 2022, 12:16:07 pm »
Playing devil’s advocate why would you need replacements for your 7th and 8th choice midfielders brought in 12 months early (with a financial implication)?

I understand the bedding in piece etc but there’s a financial implication of carrying another player and there’s arguably an argument that Klopp wouldn’t want the extra player to handle given its impact on squad balance/harmony.

We won’t buy a replacement for AOC or Milner until they leave. Klopp wanted to keep Milner. He made that choice. AOC is difficult to know where he stands in Klopp’s thinking. What we do know is that Klopp isn’t pushing him out the door, AOC isn’t pushing for a move and based on what we hear teams aren’t banging down our door to buy him.

Like I said the counter argument is that it’s madness to buys 9th midfielder when you offered the 7th choice a new contract just a few months ago and you can’t’/won’t sell your 8th choice.

So you wouldn't buy a midfielder this window?
And would you answer change if Thiago was out until the WC?
I'm asking because there seem to be quite a lot of explanations/arguments like this from people which don't really answer those questions

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35158 on: August 7, 2022, 12:19:25 pm »

Think it depends how bad the Thiago diagnosis is. I honestly think if it’s weeks rather than months then we’ll make do, but with Curtis out for a month it’d be a bit risky to go with Hendo, Fab, Naby, Millie and then Harvey and Fabio for the first chunk of the season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35159 on: August 7, 2022, 12:22:48 pm »

Agree with your broader point that you don't necessarily need to replace AOC, partly given how little he plays since January AFCON and partly because he's often injured and has never been close to his physical best since his worst injury.

But I think I'd disagree with you here "arguably an argument that Klopp wouldn’t want the extra player to handle given its impact on squad balance/harmony". In our most recent half-year block we've seen Klopp comfortably manage this situation with AOC Minamino and Origi. And t hat was before we got Carvalho who covers all of AOC's positions too.

In the past we've seen him take Moreno out of the starting eleven for a whole season (before we even signed his replacement), and yet Klopp comfortably managed that situation, and then somehow managed to get a good tune out of Moreno in tandem with Robertson the next season.

I don't think Klopp would be a shrinking violet about having to handle AOC not playing for a full season. I know you say it's "difficult to know where [AOC] stands in Klopp’s thinking", but I just don't think AOC would be under similar illusions (whether it's now, or even last season). It's clear in actions that he's not someone we want to play very often, and it's clear from the clubs briefings that they want (presumably for his sake, too) to find him a club this summer. I think if Klopp were concerned about negative impact on squad harmony - particularly AOC, since other players have now left - if he signed a midfielder, then Carvalho would be back at Fulham on loan or somewhere else.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 12:26:06 pm by Classycara »