Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850186 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #4000 on: April 8, 2020, 11:36:52 am »
Take this with a pinch of salt:

https://www.football-italia.net/151906/marino-premier-league-announce-its-over

Why would the Udinese director have information on whether or not the Premier League is close to announcing that the season will be canceled? Didn't UEFA and the Premier League recently say that they'll do everything possible to finish seasons all over Europe even if it goes late into the summer?

It's only April. Yeah, I'd take that statement from some director of a club in the Seria A with a major grain of salt.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4001 on: April 8, 2020, 11:41:11 am »
Why would the Udinese director have information on whether or not the Premier League is close to announcing that the season will be canceled?

Because the Pozzo family own Udinese and Watford?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4002 on: April 8, 2020, 11:45:59 am »
Reading the Athletic's great piece on PL finances, I think two of the biggest things you'll see next season is far less spending in the next few windows and a greater emphasis on playing kids for squad depth as a cost-cutting measure
will be interesting to see how that filters down, so I can see Harry Wilson being a squad player here next year whereas someone like shaqiri goes to a villa if they stay up, Phil Jones finally leaves man united, also would say a burnley squad player stick around or would they end up at a decent championship club, would more teams that get relegated in the next few years have big fire sales that many have largely avoided doing

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4003 on: April 8, 2020, 11:52:21 am »
will be interesting to see how that filters down, so I can see Harry Wilson being a squad player here next year whereas someone like shaqiri goes to a villa if they stay up, Phil Jones finally leaves man united, also would say a burnley squad player stick around or would they end up at a decent championship club, would more teams that get relegated in the next few years have big fire sales that many have largely avoided doing
Premier League Clubs will ride this out. Even if they end up with 75% of this seasons TV money, it is still “ a lot”.

Championship clubs are far more vulnerable as their wages, relative to income, are so high.

It is difficult to see how many League 1 or 2 clubs will survive beyond September.

But what does “survive” mean?

Football clubs now are not Blockbuster Videos. The market has not gone never to return. Nor are they an airline like  Norwegian Airlines, facing a dramatic reduction of demand when the market does return. Football will come back with crowds just as big as ever, perhaps in the short term even bigger, when it is safe to do so.

Dozens of clubs may go into Administration. But what will happen? No Court will wind them up in prevailing circumstances. No Creditor will seek to wind them up, the money comes when football returns. The EFL will not apply points deductions or expel. Players may be sacked – but where do they go? Clubs may have to significantly restructure for the restart / new season, but would that be a bad thing? It could be the opportunity to re-employ  on significantly lower player wages. Clubs like Oldham and Macclesfield, currently on the brink, might resign their league position, and regroup lower down the pyramid ultimately strengthening them.

The clubs will not go away. The personnel might change.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: April 8, 2020, 12:10:21 pm »
Because the Pozzo family own Udinese and Watford?

Yep, otherwise I wouldn't even have posted it. Anyway, considering Ceferin's comments we can be a bit confident...

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4005 on: April 8, 2020, 12:17:05 pm »
Still so many mixed messages. One day we hear 'suspended indefinitely but will be played out eventually' the next someone from the FA says it could be cancelled.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #4006 on: April 8, 2020, 12:29:23 pm »
Yep, otherwise I wouldn't even have posted it. Anyway, considering Ceferin's comments we can be a bit confident...

Ok so let's just for one single second say that his comments are true and the premier league is "about to announce the same decision as the Belgian league"

So on 8th April - exactly 4 months before the 20/21 season is due to start - they declare the season cancelled with current league positions as final?

And this after FIFA, UEFA and even the Premier League themselves have said a few days ago they'll exhaust every avenue of opportunity to complete THIS season?

And what then happens if Germany and later Spain and Italy manage to actually get theirs finished BCD?

Total clickbait article although I won't deny that this is one of a possible 3 or 4 options that they might have decided on IF we can't get it finished. But to trigger such an extreme measure right now, at this stage? No chance.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2020, 12:43:22 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: April 8, 2020, 12:47:48 pm »
Ok so let's just for one single second say that his comments are true and the premier league is "about to announce the same decision as the Belgian league"

So on 8th April - exactly 4 months before the 20/21 season is due to start - they declare the season cancelled with current league positions as final?

And this after FIFA, UEFA and even the Premier League themselves have said a few days ago they'll exhaust every avenue of opportunity to complete THIS season?

And what then happens if Germany and later Spain and Italy manage to actually get theirs finished BCD?

Total clickbait article although I won't deny that this is one of a possible 3 or 4 options that they might have decided on IF we can't get it finished. But to trigger such an extreme measure right now, at this stage? No chance.

That's all fine, but at the end of the day that's our own logic that makes sense in our own heads. The guy talking is connected to a club in the league and gave those comments willingly, rather than being misquoted or anything (I checked the Italian version), so I was just curious and shared it. It's probably not the case regarding the league cancellation, but if it's actually true then you heard it here haha.

edit: remember it's not voiding, if it's the belgian model then the title is awarded so this isn't fear-mongering.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2020, 12:51:13 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: April 8, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »
As much as any talk of voiding would be unrealistic for us, and no doubt result in some form of legal action, before we even start to think about the financial impact of clubs handing back TV money, just imagine the fuss kicked up by those in the bottom three.

It's tight down there and with the impact of relegation being so huge, can you imagine any of the current bottom three just accepting that with 27 points left to play for?

There a million reasons voiding won't happen.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2020, 01:02:43 pm by mkingdon »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4009 on: April 8, 2020, 01:00:29 pm »
As much as any talk of voiding would be unrealistic for us, and no doubt result in some form of legal action, before we even start to think about the financial impact of clubs handing back TV money, just imagine the fuss kicked up by those in the bottom three.

It's tight down there and with the impact of relegation being so huge, can you imagine any of the current bottom three just accepting that with 27 points left t play for?

There a million reasons voiding won't happen.
Voiding doesn’t mean they get relegated.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4010 on: April 8, 2020, 01:03:47 pm »

There a billion reasons voiding won't happen.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: April 8, 2020, 01:15:01 pm »

The thing is the Udinese director wont give a fuck about Watford.

He’s pretty obviously saying it because Udinese are currently 3 points above the relegation zone, he’s citing the Belgian league where they’ve awarded positions as they stand, meaning that Udinese would be safe from relegation. On the other hand, you have the Brescia chairman, whose team are currently in the relegation zone and unlikely to get out of it, saying it should be voided.

It’s quite obvious self interest from all parties.

I don’t know enough about Serie A to know what position teams are without checking the table, yet I read both the quotes from the Brescia and Udinese officials and was able to accurately guess that one was doomed to relegation and one was just above the relegation zone just from reading the comments of the individuals making them, such is the predictable self interest.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2020, 01:21:19 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: April 8, 2020, 01:24:56 pm »
That's all fine, but at the end of the day that's our own logic that makes sense in our own heads. The guy talking is connected to a club in the league and gave those comments willingly, rather than being misquoted or anything (I checked the Italian version), so I was just curious and shared it. It's probably not the case regarding the league cancellation, but if it's actually true then you heard it here haha.

edit: remember it's not voiding, if it's the belgian model then the title is awarded so this isn't fear-mongering.

Of course. And I realise it didn't mean void.

It may well be a decision they could make if it's not possible to play the league to a finish. The comments from Ceferin about us "definitely being champions" and Clarke from the FA saying "might not get finished" etc , would lead you to believe it's possible. I just can't imagine that such a decision will be made in this moment though (or any time soon) which is what the udinese guy is saying.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: April 8, 2020, 01:36:58 pm »
The thing is the Udinese director wont give a fuck about Watford.

He’s pretty obviously saying it because Udinese are currently 3 points above the relegation zone,

What?!  He's saying the English Premier league might get curtailed and he's championing this because he has a team near the bottom of an Italian league?

How does that actually make sense of he's not bothered about Watford?!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: April 8, 2020, 01:51:02 pm »

What?!  He's saying the English Premier league might get curtailed and he's championing this because he has a team near the bottom of an Italian league?

How does that actually make sense of he's not bothered about Watford?!

“The Belgian Federation has already sanctioned the end of their league, despite the threats of sanctions from UEFA,” Marino told Sportitalia.
“In England, the Premier League is about to release a similar statement, because the situation there is becoming very, very serious. I frankly just hope we can enjoy football again after the coronavirus.
“It doesn’t matter how long it takes, we need to get out of this danger zone.
I am worried for the next seasons, not the old one.

I retract the point about him not giving a fuck about Watford, it turns out his son owns them.

So we have Watford out of the relegation zone on goal difference and Udinese 3 points above the relegation zone, and he is citing the Belgian league (whose example would render both of those clubs safe,) as the example that the Premier League is likely to follow?

If the PL actually release a statement imminently to back up what he's saying then I will accept I'm wrong, but in the event that they don't, then it's reasonable to assume that he has said that to promote the obvious self-interest that he has. It reads to me like he's implying leagues should follow the Belgian example and using his connection to the PL to make his claim sound more believable.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2020, 02:01:22 pm by Jm55 »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4015 on: April 8, 2020, 02:02:38 pm »
Transfer prices will go down that's for sure

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: April 8, 2020, 02:04:27 pm »
I cant see much movement in the transfer market. Clubs have far bigger things to deal with for the next year or so.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4017 on: April 8, 2020, 02:10:45 pm »
Another reason to complete the season could be for it also to serve as a trial for what happens in the future. With just 9 games each to be played, probably behind closed doors and with the threat of infection of players we may manage to complete the season but also encounter scenarios that need to be catered for and even new rules put in place for any new season. eg. if a certain team insists that it has a number of infected players how would that be handled? If a future league season encountered the same issues as this season what method would be used to determine final places? etc.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4018 on: April 8, 2020, 02:38:25 pm »
Another reason to complete the season could be for it also to serve as a trial for what happens in the future. With just 9 games each to be played, probably behind closed doors and with the threat of infection of players we may manage to complete the season but also encounter scenarios that need to be catered for and even new rules put in place for any new season. eg. if a certain team insists that it has a number of infected players how would that be handled? If a future league season encountered the same issues as this season what method would be used to determine final places? etc.

Good thinking. Also, you would imagine some sort of financial arrangement will need to be made between SKY and BT Sport and the clubs; surely the money can't be the same for BCD football, although of course for this season there are contractual terms in place for televising the remaining games.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: April 8, 2020, 02:46:22 pm »
I cant see much movement in the transfer market. Clubs have far bigger things to deal with for the next year or so.

You're joking aren't you?! I just saw an interview with Solskjaer saying they're looking at transfers ... "United have lots of money. Some clubs might HAVE to sell players and that could be exploited"

Make no mistake, those fuckers will be spending £200m in the next window.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: April 8, 2020, 02:49:35 pm »
“The Belgian Federation has already sanctioned the end of their league, despite the threats of sanctions from UEFA,” Marino told Sportitalia.
“In England, the Premier League is about to release a similar statement, because the situation there is becoming very, very serious. I frankly just hope we can enjoy football again after the coronavirus.
“It doesn’t matter how long it takes, we need to get out of this danger zone.
I am worried for the next seasons, not the old one.

I retract the point about him not giving a fuck about Watford, it turns out his son owns them.

So we have Watford out of the relegation zone on goal difference and Udinese 3 points above the relegation zone, and he is citing the Belgian league (whose example would render both of those clubs safe,) as the example that the Premier League is likely to follow?

If the PL actually release a statement imminently to back up what he's saying then I will accept I'm wrong, but in the event that they don't, then it's reasonable to assume that he has said that to promote the obvious self-interest that he has. It reads to me like he's implying leagues should follow the Belgian example and using his connection to the PL to make his claim sound more believable.

I accept that he's looking at self interests. But claiming that a league is actually "about to do something very similar to Belgium" isn't just his hope, opinion or preferred method ... he's stating it as though it's going to happen.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: April 8, 2020, 03:22:22 pm »
Udinese director claim incorrect

The Premier League have dismissed claims made by Udinese director Pierpaolo Marino about the current season being cancelled.

The Serie A club’s director had suggested that the English top-flight campaign was set to be brought to an abrupt halt because of the coronavirus crisis.

Marino, whose Udinese outfit are controlled by the Pozzo family, who own Premier League club Watford, had previously said that the top-tier in English football was to come to an end, saying that the Premier League were poised to follow in the footsteps of the Belgian Federation, who announced that they had suspended the Pro League campaign last week.

However, a Premier League spokesman has now denied the claims made by Marino and they have been branded inaccurate.

- ECHO

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #4022 on: April 8, 2020, 03:25:08 pm »
Well, he got his ten minutes of fame.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: April 8, 2020, 03:34:16 pm »

I accept that he's looking at self interests. But claiming that a league is actually "about to do something very similar to Belgium" isn't just his hope, opinion or preferred method ... he's stating it as though it's going to happen.

I think there might be a bit lost in translation there. He immediately follows it with ‘because the situation is very very serious.’

He might imply that it’s his belief but he doesn’t state why he believes that. As I said previously I think he’s using the fact that people know he has a connection in the PL so that it carries some weight.

At the end of the day it’s been denied, so it was clearly bollocks, so unless someone has had him off with blag information then he’s making it up isn’t he?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2020, 03:39:26 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: April 8, 2020, 03:56:37 pm »
I think there might be a bit lost in translation there. He immediately follows it with ‘because the situation is very very serious.’

He might imply that it’s his belief but he doesn’t state why he believes that. As I said previously I think he’s using the fact that people know he has a connection in the PL so that it carries some weight.

At the end of the day it’s been denied, so it was clearly bollocks, so unless someone has had him off with blag information then he’s making it up isn’t he?

Aye, that's that then.

As you were.

Probably meant the Scottish leagues!  ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4025 on: April 8, 2020, 04:07:20 pm »

Aye, that's that then.

As you were.

Probably meant the Scottish leagues!  ;D
Nah, Harry Kane is signing for Genk and they're being awarded the EPL title ahead of us by 247 points.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: April 8, 2020, 04:09:29 pm »
Scrap the League and give it to the Toon    :lickin

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4027 on: April 8, 2020, 04:55:31 pm »

You're joking aren't you?! I just saw an interview with Solskjaer saying they're looking at transfers ... "United have lots of money. Some clubs might HAVE to sell players and that could be exploited"

Make no mistake, those fuckers will be spending £200m in the next window.
Wow, that quote is a bit heartless!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: April 8, 2020, 04:58:37 pm »
Probably late to the party on this - but the whole rush to cancel/void/finish the season is fucking bonkers and driven by people who've failed (hello Harry Kane!).

The dates of the season are entirely arbitary, and will be absolutely fucked in 2022 by the World Cup - the results/outcomes of this season, on the other hand, are absolute - the games have been played, the resutls are in etc. I don't understand why something that is tangible, has happened etc would be sacrificed to make room for something that's moveable and only happens because it always has done. Maybe it'll start the shift to football running on calendar years, with summer breaks in place of Winter Breaks. There's so many creative solutions.

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #4029 on: April 8, 2020, 05:05:09 pm »
Probably late to the party on this - but the whole rush to cancel/void/finish the season is fucking bonkers and driven by people who've failed (hello Harry Kane!).

The dates of the season are entirely arbitary, and will be absolutely fucked in 2022 by the World Cup - the results/outcomes of this season, on the other hand, are absolute - the games have been played, the resutls are in etc. I don't understand why something that is tangible, has happened etc would be sacrificed to make room for something that's moveable and only happens because it always has done. Maybe it'll start the shift to football running on calendar years, with summer breaks in place of Winter Breaks. There's so many creative solutions.

Makes a lot of sense. If anything should be sarificed, it should be next season as that hasnt even started yet.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4030 on: April 8, 2020, 05:22:51 pm »
Makes it all the more galling we lost to Watford. Always wanted them to go down

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4031 on: April 8, 2020, 07:02:00 pm »
Makes it all the more galling we lost to Watford. Always wanted them to go down

Still a good chance they will
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #4032 on: April 8, 2020, 08:17:38 pm »
Still so many mixed messages. One day we hear 'suspended indefinitely but will be played out eventually' the next someone from the FA says it could be cancelled.
I do not think that it is that confusing.

What is stated by the PL is that this season will be played out when it is safe to do so.

What is implicit is that there is a point in the future which might be reached when there is more money to lose by not starting the new season than there is to retain by playing out the old one.

Ceferin was disingenuous when he claimed that clubs had to play out the season, while simultaneously saying that those games had to be completed by the end of August.

Offline koobrik

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4033 on: April 8, 2020, 09:11:53 pm »
Wimbledon reportedly paid $2 million a year for pandemic insurance for the last 17 years

(Total: $34 Million)

For this year's cancellation as a result of the Coronavirus, Wimbledon will reportedly receive $141 million from the policy.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1247933676874334208?s=19

No wonder they didn't waste time canceling it!

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
« Reply #4034 on: April 8, 2020, 09:19:06 pm »
Here teams can play friendlies but with maximum 50 in crowd. It's strange reading about lockdowns in the world and I work in a school, we have a couple of cases of Coronavirus among the children and we are not allowed to tell other parents about it because of professional secrecy I think you call it in english. I must say when reading about how other countries respond to the virus that we are insane going for this herd immunity thing. Just a question of time now before I get the virus and I have diabetes, hurray!

But no chance of Allsvenskan Swedens top league will play because of the max 50 people rule lol

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: April 8, 2020, 09:23:25 pm »
Hendo for PM!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4036 on: April 8, 2020, 09:58:16 pm »
Great leadership from Hendo

Smart thinking by them

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4037 on: April 8, 2020, 11:19:26 pm »

Yeah just reading about the questions raised re: bringing back baseball are food for thought as this isn't like 30+ players just show up by themselves to have a kick about

- Even if you isolate players/coaching staff/match officials, how do you protect or ensure the health of the various ancillary staff (groundsmen, hotel workers, cleaners)

- Do you separate where players on the bench sit (i.e. the stands)

- What do you do to further protect the health of players/staff with underlying conditions or those who are over 60

- How do you address the mental health of players having their movements restricted (you've already seen how England players have reacted to it in past tournaments and how some players aren't isolating at home properly)

- How does the league respond if one player on a team gets sick

- At least with football, you could have the season done in a month, but there is a question in baseball with separating players from their families for months. You're already seeing players, especially those with kids with health or developmental issues saying that part alone is a non-starter for them and they'd rather sit the season out than play.

- What do you do if a player refuses to play on health grounds?

All (or some) of those may (or may not) be issues but they do not imply that BCD matches are ''improbable'' as a certain poster keeps preaching. Plenty of companies and organisations are dealing with similar questions every day, for all the millions of people who are still going to work, every day. If you need 200 people to hold a BCD match it doesn't mean all 200 will standing right next to each other and exchanging droplets. Steps and measures can be put into place to make this work.

It's nothing like the same as the risks associated with 50,000+ spectators sardined into stands, and even then the data shows that the risks of being infected from sporting occasions is minimal compared to other aspects of life.

The Bundesliga looks to be the first of the major leagues to return so it will be fascinating to see how it plays out there
Indeed.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4038 on: April 8, 2020, 11:19:54 pm »

Man, their premium's gonna shoot up from now on...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: April 9, 2020, 12:59:43 am »
This article shows how greedy Real Madrid players are, especially when you consider that Barcelona players have taken a 70% pay cut!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52223344