Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’  (Read 46615 times)

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’
« Reply #920 on: February 20, 2021, 10:47:29 pm »
Think of the positives.

We have 40 points and will live to fight another season in the top flight.  It’s not all doom and gloom. 🤔

Staying up!!  :scarf

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #921 on: February 20, 2021, 10:47:44 pm »
and our other issue is we can’t score. So yeah, all in all, a recipe for not winning.

xG is good for nothing if they can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

The front three have been flogged to death though. For me our issues stem from the summer of 2019 when we brought in £47m from player sales and failed to improve the squad.

Bobby has played all 63 of our League games in the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons, Mo has played 58 and Sadio 57 when you consider that the latter two have had COVID it's nuts.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: February 20, 2021, 10:47:52 pm »

Yeah,you haven't won a trophy in 25yrs.

You are right about the fans and how we drive the team to success.

Taking us away does that leave us with Moyes being a better manager than Klopp?  Do we have a squad of players on par with upper mid table teams?

I totally agree with your point but we beat Leipzig with ease and looked back to our best.  The biggest thing for me is the total lack of desire and belief in the team.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Quaesto

• Kemlynite
« Reply #923 on: February 20, 2021, 10:54:03 pm »
Versus Everton this week Liverpool xG 1.54, City x G1.23.

Look at the shooting chances that Bobby had today compared to Silva, Mahrez and Foden.

xG is a shitty statistic and you shouldn't put that statistic above your own judgement if you saw the game. By xG and xG against us we wouldn't have won the title last year, barely coming in second. That's as far off as it can go.

Regarding Bobby, he hasn't been finishing chances like that for months. Can't expect that to change suddenly.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: February 20, 2021, 10:55:13 pm »
You are right about the fans and how we drive the team to success.

Taking us away does that leave us with Moyes being a better manager than Klopp?  Do we have a squad of players on par with upper mid table teams?

I totally agree with your point but we beat Leipzig with ease and looked back to our best.  The biggest thing for me is the total lack of desire and belief in the team.
I don't think we beat Leipzig with ease. There were problems still there, and we only profited from mistakes they made. That's football, but on a  consistent basis these days, we're failing to create proper, clear cut chances.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: February 20, 2021, 10:56:37 pm »
I don't think we beat Leipzig with ease. There were problems still there, and we only profited from mistakes they made. That's football, but on a  consistent basis these days, we're failing to create proper, clear cut chances.

I don’t agree with that we did create good chances including that Salah one vs one.

But generally we haven’t been doing enough.

Offline Quaesto

• Kemlynite
« Reply #926 on: February 20, 2021, 10:59:15 pm »

You can add West Ham to that. Right now, if we can manage a 1:0 there's a good chance the machine gets running because usually that gives us more room and the ability to play our preferred game. We lack solutions when we're in a position where we have to score and convert the possession of ball into something productive. These are no news.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #927 on: February 20, 2021, 11:00:12 pm »
I don’t agree with that we did create good chances including that Salah one vs one.

But generally we haven’t been doing enough.

Fine margins. On another day Angelino's header goes in instead of hitting the bar and they take an early 1-0 lead like Everton today. We led our heads drop and you wonder if they would have made those mistakes later on. You're right though, we generally haven't been doing enough.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #928 on: February 20, 2021, 11:04:03 pm »
xG is a shitty statistic and you shouldn't put that statistic above your own judgement if you saw the game. By xG and xG against us we wouldn't have won the title last year, barely coming in second. That's as far off as it can go.

Regarding Bobby, he hasn't been finishing chances like that for months. Can't expect that to change suddenly.

I saw both games. City created less than we did. Their first was a deflection and then Mahrez scored a worldie, to finish it off Pickford then let a pretty tame effort from Silva in.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: February 20, 2021, 11:04:59 pm »
By xG and xG against us we wouldn't have won the title last year, barely coming in second.

I feel like if you thought about it for just a little while longer it would click for you.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #930 on: February 20, 2021, 11:05:04 pm »
Fine margins. On another day Angelino's header goes in instead of hitting the bar and they take an early 1-0 lead like Everton today. We led our heads drop and you wonder if they would have made those mistakes later on. You're right though, we generally haven't been doing enough.

It was Olmo who had the header.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #931 on: February 20, 2021, 11:06:20 pm »
We played most of today without any of our first choice center halves and arguably our first choice midfield too.

We have I hope bottomed out. Now we have 8 days for the likes of Fabinho, Milner, Keita and Jota to rehab their injuries. We have 8 days for Phillips, Kabak or Davies to learn to play together. As Henderson looks set for a spell on the sidelines, Fabinho must return to midfield, we function better with at least one of these two in the middle of the park.

The fightback must begin next week.

Yep
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Quaesto

• Kemlynite
« Reply #932 on: February 20, 2021, 11:10:07 pm »
I saw both games. City created less than we did. Their first was a deflection and then Mahrez scored a worldie, to finish it off Pickford then let a pretty tame effort from Silva in.

Ah sorry, thought you were talking about our game against City. Couldn't care less about how City is doing or how they're winning their games as the title is far gone for us anyway. In general they seem to be able to create some clear chances in the games I've watched.

I'm not gonna deny that we've been incredibly unlucky at times but I still think that creating better chances is a real issue. You shouldn't rely on your luck (as in being calmer in front of the goal) but try to figure out how we can create as many chances as it needs. Right now we don't look like scoring much of the games. Obv trusting Klopp to figure this out, which isn't exactly easy given the alternatives he has in hand.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: February 20, 2021, 11:10:45 pm »
Live everyone I'm seriously pissed off tonight but for me I'm more peeved with us, Liverpool than anything else. Lets get it out of the way first, the ref's are a total joke, Disgraceful and shame to their profession. How that was a penalty, and the way they completely ignore Salah - they don't even try to hide it anymore and its happening blatant as you lie time and time again.
Our lack of fight though, that's very very worrying and hard to watch. The only man who has passion was on the sidelines. You seen Klopp giving to yer man in the first half when Everton players were sticking one on ours. Where was that fight on the pitch ? Nowhere. Invisible. Van Djik, Fabinho, Milner and Henderson give us a bit of bite, but when they're not there it's no excuse at all just to say they're not there. We're a soft touch at present and when that's the case and other teams know it its very hard to win a game. We should have been tearing into them f**kers right from the start but instead we're slow, passive, predictable and they smelt it.
The only encouraging thing I took from that game was at the start of the 2nd half, Mane looked like his old self for a bit. He was lively, he was right left and centre. He was threatening. I do wonder if it's a time now to play him through the middle he looks like the only man in our team who can win a header at least. I really do hate having a go at our lads and questioning their attitude but they have to show more. Teams are walking all over us because they know they can. We badly need Fabinho back in the midfield too but whether that can happen now god knows 

Offline Quaesto

• Kemlynite
« Reply #934 on: February 20, 2021, 11:12:29 pm »
I feel like if you thought about it for just a little while longer it would click for you.

Sorry, English is not my first language so maybe I'm misreading something here. Thought the general take was that we're creating enough and I disagree with that.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #935 on: February 20, 2021, 11:12:39 pm »
Do you know what? I've tried to get over this. I have. But I'm fucking embarrassed. I wish I could say that it doesn't mean as much without the fans, but I still can't help feeling this way. Gutted.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: February 20, 2021, 11:17:35 pm »
We played most of today without any of our first choice center halves and arguably our first choice midfield too.

We have I hope bottomed out. Now we have 8 days for the likes of Fabinho, Milner, Keita and Jota to rehab their injuries. We have 8 days for Phillips, Kabak or Davies to learn to play together. As Henderson looks set for a spell on the sidelines, Fabinho must return to midfield, we function better with at least one of these two in the middle of the park.

The fightback must begin next week.

The rest of the season is going to be up and down considering our injuries. There won't be any miraculous turning of corners. Our team is severely depleted with injuries and we''ll have little consistency in the league because of it. I grew up supporting Liverpool over the last 30 years and we lacked consistency in the league for the majority of those years. I'm used to it, at least we have a logical reason for it and come next season with our whole squad fit and hopefully some fans back we will see the Liverpool of the last few years. That's not meant to sound entitled but if we have Gomez and Virgil back and fit then it'll just be a return to the normal. Don't buy into the media and their narrative trying to pretend everything is fine, it's really not. They are trying to sell subscriptions and protect their brand so I understand but don't get it twisted and buy into their agendas and narratives t try and cover what a sham this season really is. Football without fans is nothing.

Offline Alan

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #937 on: February 20, 2021, 11:19:17 pm »
Let the bitters release their dvd because thats all they will have to celebrate. Forever in our shadow

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #938 on: February 20, 2021, 11:22:10 pm »
Just seen the Everton players and Fat Duncan celebrating on the news... you’d think they had just won the league the way they were jumping around.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #939 on: February 20, 2021, 11:26:24 pm »
Just seen the Everton players and Fat Duncan celebrating on the news... you’d think they had just won the league the way they were jumping around.

Indeed - at once amusing and yet telling.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #940 on: February 20, 2021, 11:27:24 pm »

It’s hysterical to be honest

The day they can come to a big place get a result pack up and go home is the day they really should cheer

But the entire ethos of that club is ‘chip on shoulder’. We beat one of the big boys get innnnn. But also want to be known as such

Will take generations

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Alan

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #941 on: February 20, 2021, 11:28:26 pm »
The way they were celebrating pathetic

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: February 20, 2021, 11:30:28 pm »
Their celebrating doesn't bother me really. Its bloody embarrassing like but for them not for us. It's small time and just confirms its what they are really so on they go, enjoy

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #943 on: February 20, 2021, 11:33:37 pm »
devestating,
No defence, half a midfied because of it..CB is like the guy in star trek nobody knows on the away team... fucking cursed...
I think klopp losing his ma, has filtered down as well... we can still make 4th... still in champos league, needs a miricale though..but sure.. we'll be back again for sure..
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: February 20, 2021, 11:35:00 pm »
End of the day they will get Europa at best.

They will win NOTHING so that is 26 years and counting.

Yes they beat us and they will crow about it but in 3 months time it wi mean nothing.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: February 20, 2021, 11:41:25 pm »
End of the day they will get Europa at best.

They will win NOTHING so that is 26 years and counting.

Yes they beat us and they will crow about it but in 3 months time it wi mean nothing.

Then after that it’ll go back to Everton have one once at Anfield in so and so years and that was in the midst of a pandemic with no fans

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: February 20, 2021, 11:44:52 pm »
It’s hysterical to be honest

The day they can come to a big place get a result pack up and go home is the day they really should cheer

But the entire ethos of that club is ‘chip on shoulder’. We beat one of the big boys get innnnn. But also want to be known as such

Will take generations

That's the funny bit, though. They don't realise it. They're like "we just beat Liverpool. Yeooooo! Get the fuck in there! I'm going to strip bollock naked and rub jam over myself and make a complete c*nt of myself on social media!"

No ambition. Just beating Liverpool is the highlight of the season. The be all and end all. A nothing club. And that goes for the majority of the dregs of this league.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #947 on: February 20, 2021, 11:45:46 pm »
Gutted, I wish Jordan Henderson a speedy recovery because he's been one of the few positives in recent weeks.

We seemed to have mastered the art of having most of the possession and doing little with it. Everton managed in less than 3 minutes today, what we've failed to do in nearly 2 months.in open play at Anfield, score.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #948 on: February 20, 2021, 11:46:51 pm »
An old video that, was taken back in October when they drew 2-2 with us at Goodison.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #949 on: February 20, 2021, 11:57:09 pm »
Do you know what? I've tried to get over this. I have. But I'm fucking embarrassed. I wish I could say that it doesn't mean as much without the fans, but I still can't help feeling this way. Gutted.

Good grief! Be gutted, but embarrassed? Come on.

Everton haven’t beaten us in years, it was bound to happen, they have been outspending us for years too, that’s what’s embarrassing - them, their record, their lack of trophies, their lack of european football.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #950 on: February 20, 2021, 11:57:30 pm »
An old video that, was taken back in October when they drew 2-2 with us at Goodison.
Maybe so, maybe not. Either way, Ferguson definitely celebrates today as though they just won the league title.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #951 on: February 21, 2021, 12:01:27 am »
Maybe so, maybe not. Either way, Ferguson definitely celebrates today as though they just won the league title.
Big Dunc was on the pitch at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago in tears after they salvaged a last minute draw, while Ancelotti looked rather uncomfortably embarrassed and underwhelmed.

Sums him up and the whole mentality of the club. Embarrassing.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #952 on: February 21, 2021, 12:01:58 am »
The front three have been flogged to death though. For me our issues stem from the summer of 2019 when we brought in £47m from player sales and failed to improve the squad.

Bobby has played all 63 of our League games in the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons, Mo has played 58 and Sadio 57 when you consider that the latter two have had COVID it's nuts.

Considering the state of the team right now and the general mood of the place, it’s honestly comforting to see this Al.

Kudos. Never change.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #953 on: February 21, 2021, 12:05:42 am »
It's for this reason alone that I strongly believe Klopp is safe as houses when it comes to the security of his position, regardless of anything said in the worst areas of the media or online. Yeah, the pandemic has fucked the finances in the game, but for almost his entire tenure he's balanced the books while winning the biggest trophies in the game. I'm not a fan of the chequebook managers (cough... Pep.... cough...) but there comes the time when the owners need to invest without selling, and while Edwards has been something of a genius I also believe he could do even more if given a bit more capital to work with. Our fully fit first team is frankly astonishing, and would have wiped the floor with that shower tonight: Ali-TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo-Thiago-Henderson-Fabinho-Mane-Salah-Firmino. Put them on a pitch and watch the opponents - any opponents - shit themselves.

But it's outside of that core that we're simply not strong enough. Jota, yes, he's been the best buy since VVD. Jones is a reminder of the 90's when we had Macca, Fowler, Gerrard, Owen coming through. Shaq is interesting in that we all thought he would barely feature, but he's proved useful and does at least put a shift in and raise energy levels. Our other squad players however are either being asked to perform way above their expected level (Williams, Phillips, Kelleher), being overused (Milner), being underused (Tsimikas, still can't explain that one), are massively inconsistent with injuries (Keita, Ox, Matip), or have a foot out of the door already (Origi, Wijnaldum). So it's hardly surprising that we're having the continuing breakdowns with the players Klopp clearly trusts; they're all fucking knackered. Losing Fabinho and Henderson, both out of position and weakening our midfield options, is just the cherry on the shit pie of this season. The bad luck is one thing, but the squad not being strong enough is entirely another in my opinion. A rebuild of the rest of the squad is due.

I can only hope that this season will be yet another evolutionary lesson for the ownership of FSG and the need to not only get to the top but to stay there. But given the last minute dash to the depths of the Bundesliga and the Championship for defensive cover, I'll retain a degree of skepticism as to how we'll fund it. The rumours of something interesting happening in the summer may raise a little bit of excitement, but will it be at a cost elsewhere on the pitch? Only time will tell, but for now the focus must be on supporting. The lack of the twelfth man in the ground is probably the biggest issue of all, and our lads need it more than ever now.

Another very good post.

Offline Lfckingkenny

• Kemlynite
« Reply #954 on: February 21, 2021, 12:08:45 am »
Another very good post.
top post we've got to stick together and ignore our haters

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #955 on: February 21, 2021, 12:13:11 am »
Remember when we came out gloating in the press after the 31st of January about how good we are at the fact we got 2 CB in for £2.5million.
no, I don't remember that
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: February 21, 2021, 12:19:35 am »
That's the funny bit, though. They don't realise it. They're like "we just beat Liverpool. Yeooooo! Get the fuck in there! I'm going to strip bollock naked and rub jam over myself and make a complete c*nt of myself on social media!"

No ambition. Just beating Liverpool is the highlight of the season. The be all and end all. A nothing club. And that goes for the majority of the dregs of this league.

Correct

It’s weird none of them has the brains to see it

Jurgen Klopp

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #957 on: February 21, 2021, 12:23:05 am »
Everton’s celebrations were over the top but understandable. For LFC, all that matters I’d figuring out why, since Christmas, the team doesn’t giving a flying f@%#.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: February 21, 2021, 12:25:02 am »
Everton’s celebrations were over the top but understandable. For LFC, all that matters I’d figuring out why, since Christmas, the team doesn’t giving a flying f@%#.

I honestly don't know how anyone could think this.

It's just not working for us at the moment and the edge is gone but I don't know how anyone can think they don't care. Massively unfair to a squad that's achieved what they have, whose manager is Klopp. If he thought anyone of them didn't give a fuck then we would really see him angry.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #959 on: February 21, 2021, 12:27:55 am »

Been saying this all season. We average 3-4 shots on target per game at most.
Harsh penalty aside, the game was gone and Pickford really only made one top drawer save.
It's going to be tough to get top 4.