Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1066147 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Klopp Template
« Reply #5040 on: April 16, 2021, 09:42:23 pm »
Front 3 [in the league]

18/19 - 56 goals, 108 games total
19/20 - 46 goals, 107 games total [Mane scored 4 less than previous year, Bobby and Salah 3 less each]

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #5041 on: April 16, 2021, 10:32:49 pm »
I keep reading this but I'm not sure it's true

If you take robertson he has played over 240 crosses this season from 31 games which is about 8 per game, if he manages just 28 crosses from the last 7 matches he would have doubled the amount of crosses he made compared to the 2018/9 season

I'm not so sure our fullbacks have been as defensive/cautious as people are suggesting. I think part of reason is teams might be responding to what are doing better, trent's crossing success in particular has dropped from 29% in that season to 19% this season, it could be that teams have stopped trying to stop the cross and focus on defending narrow are just trusting their ability to deal with it.

Fbref has Robertson at 126 open play crosses which is on pace to be the most since he's been at LFC but won't be close to double.  Are you including corners in this?  I am not sure how crosses or taking corners equates to similar positioning in the attacking half across seasons.  At least to me in watching it's clear that both FB's have more reserved roles this year.  Now the eyes can be wrong so we'd need to find somewhere that aggregates heat maps or something similar to tell for sure.  If you find that I'd be happy to be proved wrong but the LFC journos and some stat bloggers I follow say this is the definitely the case.

As far as Trent, again I think you're including corners in his numbers as fbref has him taking basically the same amount of open play crosses and completing about .05 less per game.  In no season has he ever averaged even 1 completed cross into the box per game.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5042 on: April 17, 2021, 01:44:28 am »
I'm not sure you can say we were outsmarted by Atletico either. We were well on course to win that game until Adrians brainfarts.

Which kind of says something about the system, we’re rarely beaten if we turn up, at best other teams can achieve is making it a game where whoever takes their chances win.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: April 17, 2021, 11:43:20 am »
Which kind of says something about the system, we’re rarely beaten if we turn up, at best other teams can achieve is making it a game where whoever takes their chances win.

There is no way we would have accumulated 97 and 99 points without the ability to win games when we didn’t turn up.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #5044 on: April 17, 2021, 12:08:14 pm »
There is no way we would have accumulated 97 and 99 points without the ability to win games when we didn’t turn up.

True, but from the discussions currently you'd think that there are lessons to take only from our rare poor performances in that period, and not the from countless wins in a period where we stacked them up in a way that's pretty much unprecedented in football history.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:09:50 pm by Bjornar »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5045 on: April 17, 2021, 03:29:31 pm »
We simply don't score enough goals. You can't underestimate how important this is for a team's confidence.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5046 on: April 17, 2021, 03:36:55 pm »
We simply don't score enough goals. You can't underestimate how important this is for a team's confidence.

Can't overestimate, surely?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: April 17, 2021, 03:38:00 pm »

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #5048 on: April 17, 2021, 05:24:54 pm »
Front 3 [in the league]

18/19 - 56 goals, 108 games total
19/20 - 46 goals, 107 games total [Mane scored 4 less than previous year, Bobby and Salah 3 less each]
Interesting this.

In 20/21 our front 3 are 32 goals in 31 games, projecting over 38 games would make 39 goals. 56, 46, 39, is a pretty linear decline, so I guess we should be looking for a new attacker in the summer.

However what piqued my interest was when you mentioned that we had double goals in midfield and defence in last year than this year. So I checked it out:

Midfield 18/19: 5 (Milner) + 6 (Shaq) + 3 (Gini) + 2 (Keita) + 1 (Fab) + 1 (Hendo)  = 18 goals
Midfield 19/20: 4 (Ox) + 4 (Gini) + 2 (Milner) + 2 (Keita) + 4 (Hendo) + 1 (Jones) + 2 (Fab) + 1 (Lallana) + 1 (Shaq) = 21 goals
Midfield 20/21: 1 (Jones) + 2 (Gini) + 1 (Hendo) = 4 (in 31 games) = projected 5 goals (in 38 games) 

Defence 18/19: 4 (VVD) + 1 (Lovren) + 1 (Matip) + 1 (TAA) = 7 goals
Defence 19/20: 5 (VVD) + 4 (TAA) + 2 (Robertson) + 1 (Matip) = 12 goals
Defence 20/21: 2 (TAA) + 1 (VVD) + 1 (Robertson) + 1 (Matip) = 5 (in 31 games) = projected 6 goals (in 38 games)

So basically it shows that our goals from midfield and defence have drastically decreased this season compared to 18/19 and 19/20. I wonder if that's because our midfield/defence are more cautious and don't go forward as much, or because they are physically exhausted from all the matches. Either way I think if it's due to the reasons above (cautious, exhausted), then that might be good news for next season as those reasons won't exist and we'll get the goals back.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:54:43 pm by Gegenpresser101 »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: April 17, 2021, 05:40:29 pm »
Interesting this.

In 20/21 our front 3 are 22 goals in 31 games, projecting over 38 games would make 27 goals. 56, 46, 27, is a pretty linear decline, so I guess we should be looking for a new attacker in the summer.

However what piqued my interest was when you mentioned that we had double goals in midfield and defence in last year than this year. So I checked it out:

Midfield 18/19: 5 (Milner) + 6 (Shaq) + 3 (Gini) + 2 (Keita) + 1 (Fab) + 1 (Hendo)  = 18 goals
Midfield 19/20: 4 (Ox) + 4 (Gini) + 2 (Milner) + 2 (Keita) + 4 (Hendo) + 1 (Jones) + 2 (Fab) + 1 (Lallana) + 1 (Shaq) = 21 goals
Midfield 20/21: 1 (Jones) + 2 (Gini) + 1 (Hendo) = 4 (in 31 games) = projected 5 goals (in 38 games) 

Defence 20/21: 2 (TAA) + 1 (VVD) + 1 (Robertson) + 1 (Matip) = 5 (in 31 games) = projected 6 goals (in 38 games)

So basically it shows that our goals from midfield and defence have drastically decreased this season compared to 18/19 and 19/20. I wonder if that's because our midfield/defence are more cautious and don't go forward as much, or because they are physically exhausted from all the matches. Either way I think if it's due to the reasons above (cautious, exhausted), then that might be good news for next season as those reasons won't exist and we'll get the goals back.

Much of that decline [from the forwards] has been down to Firmino for the last two seasons, and now of course for this year, Mane's drop in from. The only player that has stayed consistent in the same period is Salah.

I think injuries have had an impact on the defenders and midfielders, and a drop of goals. Certainly with Van Dijks and Matip's absence, then Fabinho having to drop back in midfield, Ox not being able to chip in with goals, etc..

In 20/21 our front 3 are 22 goals in 31 games, projecting over 38 games would make 27 goals

Are you sure this is correct? Because Salah alone has 19 goals, Mane has 7, Bobby has 6 = 32 goals. [league]

I'd put Milner's goals aside, as they have all been penalties.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:43:11 pm by deFacto please, you bastards »

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #5050 on: April 17, 2021, 05:52:54 pm »
Much of that decline [from the forwards] has been down to Firmino for the last two seasons, and now of course for this year, Mane's drop in from. The only player that has stayed consistent in the same period is Salah.

I think injuries have had an impact on the defenders and midfielders, and a drop of goals. Certainly with Van Dijks and Matip's absence, then Fabinho having to drop back in midfield, Ox not being able to chip in with goals, etc..

I'd put Milner's goals aside, as they have all been penalties.
Yeh I agree that injuries probably have had an impact on the goals. I think set pieces was an area where we missed out a few of the goals from defenders like Van Dijk and Matip. And indirectly whether due to exhaustion or tactical adjustment, our full backs got less goals because of not going forward as much. That also I think might extend to midfield, in that indirectly due to playing deeper or being tired due to injuries, our midfielders might not have had as many goals.

I think that's why if we have more rest next season, due to adequate pre season or adequate squad rotation, or, (if we don't make the cl) not being in the europa league, hopefully these reasons would be negated.

Also have corrected this season goals from front 3 thanks. I thought it was kinda low even for this season lol.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:55:26 pm by Gegenpresser101 »

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5051 on: April 17, 2021, 07:09:36 pm »
This team with our style of play won everything so it's doesn't make sense to think we need big changes after a freak season full of injuries but also this season showed us what we are really lacking. Mane and Salah both need space to be at their best and when the opponent limit the space they get their limitations shows. Didn't you guys think some games oh man why Salah or Mane first touch is so bad and they stumble on the ball ? really think a technically gifted forward is a must. This way we have one who is good when there is space and on the other side we have one who is good in tight spaces and keeping the ball.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5052 on: April 18, 2021, 01:12:45 pm »
Interesting this.

In 20/21 our front 3 are 32 goals in 31 games, projecting over 38 games would make 39 goals. 56, 46, 39, is a pretty linear decline, so I guess we should be looking for a new attacker in the summer.

As deFacto says, you could/should discount Milner's as they're penalties (still goals, but don't reflect 'goals from midfield'). Similarly, Shaqiri would often (and Ox occasionally) come on in an attacking position rather than a midfield one; it would need more careful analysis (or someone with a better memory) to establish whether all of those are 'midfield goals' or not.

The decline in goals from defence is basically the absence of VVD plus the dip in Trent's form not sticking an extra follow up drive or free kick into the net.

As for the midfielders - it seems significant that, despite the injury problems in defence and Fabinho/Henderson playing games there, some of the goalscoring midfielders - basically Shaqiri, Ox and Keita - are simply playing fewer games than they did over the previous two years (combined - Ox and Shaqiri more or less balance out each other's appearance absences). Keita has played less, not more, with each successive season at the club. We're also missing two or three goals from Henderson, and Wijnaldum seems to get more cautious for us as he gets more attacking for his country. The net impact of bringing in Thiago to create more opportunities for the strikers seems to have reduced our attacking threat from midfield (and therefore our attacking diversity), without adding much to the attack itself.

A more thorny question (for how you quantify it, and the reaction to it) would be whether the manager himself has become a little more cautious, not just this year but over the last couple of years.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5053 on: April 18, 2021, 03:39:56 pm »
As deFacto says, you could/should discount Milner's as they're penalties (still goals, but don't reflect 'goals from midfield'). Similarly, Shaqiri would often (and Ox occasionally) come on in an attacking position rather than a midfield one; it would need more careful analysis (or someone with a better memory) to establish whether all of those are 'midfield goals' or not.

The decline in goals from defence is basically the absence of VVD plus the dip in Trent's form not sticking an extra follow up drive or free kick into the net.

As for the midfielders - it seems significant that, despite the injury problems in defence and Fabinho/Henderson playing games there, some of the goalscoring midfielders - basically Shaqiri, Ox and Keita - are simply playing fewer games than they did over the previous two years (combined - Ox and Shaqiri more or less balance out each other's appearance absences). Keita has played less, not more, with each successive season at the club. We're also missing two or three goals from Henderson, and Wijnaldum seems to get more cautious for us as he gets more attacking for his country. The net impact of bringing in Thiago to create more opportunities for the strikers seems to have reduced our attacking threat from midfield (and therefore our attacking diversity), without adding much to the attack itself.

A more thorny question (for how you quantify it, and the reaction to it) would be whether the manager himself has become a little more cautious, not just this year but over the last couple of years.

don't forget that managers, coaches and players have also learned how to play us - that's a major factor too

closing down players, not leaving space, knowing the runs, understanding a player's behaviour, their weaknesses - as well as exploiting them also

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #5054 on: April 18, 2021, 06:03:21 pm »
don't forget that managers, coaches and players have also learned how to play us - that's a major factor too

closing down players, not leaving space, knowing the runs, understanding a player's behaviour, their weaknesses - as well as exploiting them also
Opposition teams will always become familiar with teams and systems the more they play them, but it doesn't necessarily mean they can deal with it.

Let's not forget the 7-0 demolition away at Palace was on the 19th December, where we looked like everything was perfect and they just couldn't cope with us. That result meant we were top on Christmas day, and by that point teams clearly hadn't sussed us out - over a third of the way through the season and having played against this system since around 2018/19.

I think its best to reserve judgment until we've had another 'normal' season, as there are too many variables in the last 7 months to make any reasonable assessment on players, systems, or whether the opposition have 'caught up'. Although Virgil and Thiago were injured on 17th October we managed ok for a while, and it wasn't until the accumulation of injuries became too much for the system and players to bear that we really started to struggle:

Up until xmas day: P14 W9 D4 L1
That one defeat was the 7-2 at Villa - an utterly mental game where we conceded 4 deflected goals and almost every player had a collective shocker (including Virgil). We re-grouped and were top by Christmas and looking like we might cope ok in the 2nd half of the season.

After xmas day: P17 W6 D3 L8
This is the period where we started to see the real affect on the system of losing Virgil, Gomez, Matip (the first injury), plus various other players missing some games such as Henderson, Fabinho, Alisson and Trent. We also had Fabinho or Henderson playing as CB's for most of these games. The weaknesses you mention that were being exploited weren't due to the system itself - they were due to us missing 4 or 5 of the first 11 in many of the games, whilst playing different combinations in defence and midfield from late December to early April. Any team in a similar predicament would be weakened (and exploited), and City's collapse after losing Laporte last season shows the difference just a single player can make - even in a team spending billions.

It's no surprise we've looked better once Fabinho is back to his best position, and we have a settled combination of centre backs for more than a couple of games. There have also been plenty of occasions this season where we've seen mini patches of form where we could see the Liverpool of last season, but where we haven't had the luck, or were robbed by VAR, or had 100 shots but none would go in. We've also only lost 3 out of 15 away games which is pretty good for a car crash season, and doesn't suggest teams have worked us out if they can't beat us on their own turf. I don't think we've been as bad as our results suggest.

So, in answer to anyone who thinks Klopp's system has been 'worked out' - let's wait and see next season before making any final judgments. On the evidence of this season, either all the opposition teams went home for xmas and somehow magically worked out to play us, or there are other factors that affected our form and results. I know which one I'm going with.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 08:47:51 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5055 on: May 23, 2021, 06:04:57 pm »
This is why he’s one of greatest Liverpool managers ever, a team riddled with injuries for the whole season and he somehow gets us to 3rd in the table.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #5056 on: May 23, 2021, 06:49:47 pm »
This is why he’s one of greatest Liverpool managers ever, a team riddled with injuries for the whole season and he somehow gets us to 3rd in the table.

And he coached the young defenders tremendously. They fit the system by the end, which I doubted was possible in January. From doubters to believers once again.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5057 on: May 24, 2021, 09:11:02 am »
And he coached the young defenders tremendously. They fit the system by the end, which I doubted was possible in January. From doubters to believers once again.

He's the teacher who improves pupils, as opposed to the best paid teacher at the private school who only works with the brightest kids and who want to learn anyway.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: May 24, 2021, 09:28:04 am »

Interesting piece by Melissa Reddy in the Independent today. We have accumulated the same number of points (265) as City over the past 3 seasons. A remarkable achievement given the huge disparity in resources available to Jurgen and Guardiola. Jurgen is without doubt the best we could possibly have.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5059 on: May 24, 2021, 09:45:33 am »
Finishing 3rd instead of 4th gives me massive pleasure because we don't have to play extra qualification games.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: May 24, 2021, 09:47:16 am »
Finishing 3rd instead of 4th gives me massive pleasure because we don't have to play extra qualification games.
4th is in the group stage now

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5061 on: May 24, 2021, 09:47:50 am »
4th is in the group stage now

Oh, i didn't know that
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5062 on: May 24, 2021, 10:55:53 am »
Interesting piece by Melissa Reddy in the Independent today. We have accumulated the same number of points (265) as City over the past 3 seasons. A remarkable achievement given the huge disparity in resources available to Jurgen and Guardiola. Jurgen is without doubt the best we could possibly have.
Funny you mention that because I looked the table up the other day as one of my Manc supporting mates was calling Klopp a one season wonder so i sent it to him.

This is the table since Klopp has been in charge of Liverpool. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5063 on: May 24, 2021, 10:59:27 am »
Kloppo bringing the first batch back to Kirkby on July 12.  WE GO AGAIN! ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5064 on: May 24, 2021, 11:03:01 am »
Funny you mention that because I looked the table up the other day as one of my Manc supporting mates was calling Klopp a one season wonder so i sent it to him.

This is the table since Klopp has been in charge of Liverpool. 

That’s the last 3 seasons rather than from when he took over. 38x3 =114.

And those 6 home defeats obviously all from this season. We did lose a small number in his first year or so too.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5065 on: May 24, 2021, 11:52:32 am »
That’s the last 3 seasons rather than from when he took over. 38x3 =114.

And those 6 home defeats obviously all from this season. We did lose a small number in his first year or so too.
Yeah true, I put the start date as the day he took over, I'll try again.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #5066 on: May 24, 2021, 11:59:16 am »
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that no other manager or team could have achieved what we did this season with all the issues we've had with injuries.

Quite incredible really. Already looking forward to getting back next season.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5067 on: May 24, 2021, 12:30:35 pm »
I don't give any credence to the transfer rumours but it would be interesting what people think Klopp's target areas would be this summer (not names - I know that should be in a different thread!).

I think at least one central defender is a given and possibly an extra forward with one eye on losing Salah and Mane to AFCON for a month.  The midfield is the most interesting as we're losing our most-picked midfielder under Klopp in Gini and who we all supposed was his replacement last summer (Thiago) has made nearly all his appearances alongside Gini.  Do we go for identikit succession planning for Gini, Milner and eventually Hendo or do people think Klopp has a different vision?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5068 on: May 24, 2021, 01:45:37 pm »
This is the juggling Kloppo had to do with the central defence this season:

credit: https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/1396564440926113795?s=20

Just an incredible achievement to finish 3rd.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5069 on: May 24, 2021, 02:31:43 pm »
This is the juggling Kloppo had to do with the central defence this season.

WOW. I knew it was bad but didn't realise how bad it was until I saw this image.

20 pairs for 38 games. Must've been a new record by a large margin. I remember when we were crying for 6 or 7 different pairing at CB.

Its honestly a miracle that we finished where we eventually did. If anyone tells me we didn't deserve the 3rd spot, I am shoving this image down their throat.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 03:04:29 pm by ChaChaMooMoo »

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5070 on: May 24, 2021, 02:35:18 pm »

It's fortunate we didn't have to rely on that Gomez & van Dijk partnership too often - a non-penalty goal conceded every 30 minutes!  ;)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5071 on: May 24, 2021, 02:35:59 pm »
WOW. I realised it was bad but didn't realise how bad it was until I saw this image.

20 pairs for 38 games. Must've been a new record by a large margin. I remember when we were crying for 6 or 7 different pairing at CB.

Its honestly a miracle that we finished where we eventually did. If anyone tells me we didn't deserve the 3rd spot, I am shoving this image down their throat.

And 3 goalies used as well! Ali of course played the bulk of games, but Adrian and Kelleher played 5 games between them too.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: May 24, 2021, 02:37:38 pm »
It's fortunate we didn't have to rely on that Gomez & van Dijk partnership too often - a non-penalty goal conceded every 30 minutes!  ;)

;D

Fab and Big Joel though  8)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5073 on: May 24, 2021, 04:11:51 pm »
Looking at that, and with everything else that has happened this season, finishing third was a solid effort.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #5074 on: May 24, 2021, 04:34:51 pm »

That is insane when listed like that. Hope Virgil and Joe get ribbed by the others for their shocking partnership  ;D

It says a lot about how crazy that list is, that I initially misread one of the entries as Phillips & Coutinho and my brain didn't even flinch.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5075 on: May 25, 2021, 09:14:05 am »
Something about that stat made me think.

Our top 3 defenders (in terms of MpG > 100min) seems to be Matip-Fabinho, Philips-Fabinho and Fabinho-Gomez.

And then Philips-Williams and then Philips-Kabak.

Our "best" defenders in van Dijk and Gomez have let in 3 goals a game on an average.  :o :o :o

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5076 on: May 25, 2021, 09:28:18 am »
Looking at that, and with everything else that has happened this season, finishing third was a solid effort.

More than solid, I'd say. By the end of the season Klopp had Nat Phillips and Williams playing in our system, both might be more suited to the Championship, indeed Williams was most recently in the Conference!!!

Proper management from Klopp this term, dragging the most out of a bad hand.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5077 on: May 26, 2021, 07:46:04 pm »
Probably not within the spirit of the thread but this is lovely video:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oXZeRXORV9E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oXZeRXORV9E</a>
:D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #5078 on: May 26, 2021, 07:47:44 pm »
Is there usually a season review thread? 

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5079 on: July 5, 2021, 02:37:19 pm »
Some analysis.

We are good.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422