Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Chelsea - 01/05 - 19:00 ko) (*)  (Read 597316 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)
« Reply #4040 on: November 25, 2022, 05:29:09 pm »
(On a serious note, Leo, did you go mate and can we see you in any of these pix??)
I was seated at the half way line
Watch the match back and give us a time stamp for when you see yourself so I know which red you are. It's vitally important that we compare your level of animation against Jim's that time he went nuts behind the goal at Bristol.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)
« Reply #4041 on: November 25, 2022, 07:03:54 pm »
Watch the match back and give us a time stamp for when you see yourself so I know which red you are. It's vitally important that we compare your level of animation against Jim's that time he went nuts behind the goal at Bristol.
Hahahahaha thankfully there remains no evidence of that of which you speak. It never happened.......but I did have a lovely dinner with the team afterwards.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
« Reply #4042 on: November 26, 2022, 04:04:55 pm »
So I've seen myself on the FA player and done a screen grab, then drawn a green circle around myself, (...well my brightly coloured orange jacket anyway).
I was the only person in my section clapping when Ceri Holand got up after her injury late in the match.

Also here's a photo of I took in about the 3rd minute, I always send one to my sons at the start of every match to make them aware I've arrived at the ground, not much to look at to be honest.
Also, one I took after the match, was expecting more of the players to come over, but most of them just started their warm-down.

I had to shrink them to <200KB in size, (...bit of a palava).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 04:07:25 pm by LeoT »
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: November 27, 2022, 09:11:54 am »
The latest episode of RMTV is all about how we might go about bagging some real points. I've not had a chance to listen to it yet and likely won't find one before kick off, but I thought I'd post it up anyway in case someone else has the time to find out what kind of tweaks to the team are being proposed. We pretty much went with a B Team for the last cup game so it's possible Beard might try out a couple new things this afternoon that may or may not get a mention in the podcast.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5BwmiKvwpkU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5BwmiKvwpkU</a>

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: November 27, 2022, 12:24:05 pm »
The match today is on LFCTV. It's streaming live on the club's youtube page, but someone has decided access to the live women's matches is now members only. And not just any membership tier, you need to have the most expensive one. £6 a month.

I'm sure that will do wonders for increasing the interest in the team  ::)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4045 on: November 27, 2022, 12:53:11 pm »
The match today is on LFCTV. It's streaming live on the club's youtube page, but someone has decided access to the live women's matches is now members only. And not just any membership tier, you need to have the most expensive one. £6 a month.

I'm sure that will do wonders for increasing the interest in the team  ::)
::) :butt who decides shit like that?!

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: November 27, 2022, 01:31:03 pm »
::) :butt who decides shit like that?!
Probably someone who hasn't looked at how much women's team content is produced by LFCTV. The answer is practically nothing. Now that we're back in the WSL and therefore having our matches covered by the FA Player, there will rarely be an occasion when LFCTV is the sole way of watching. Today's match is pretty much a one-off. You could pay six quid for it, sure, but there isn't anything else of the women's team to watch as a bonus that you can't already access for free.

The club probably figured that if the men's u18s and u23s live streams are on the top tier membership then that is just where all live streams should go. But I'm not forking out even six quid to watch this women's team match because it is on a general membership tier that doesn't tell the club exactly what content I'm paying to access. The women's team won't see even a penny of my six quid.

I'm hoping it will be simulcast on the twitter page. It has been the done thing to put the live stream on there as well as on youtube. But prior to today it was also the done thing to not stick the matches behind a paywall.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4047 on: November 27, 2022, 02:13:21 pm »

No luck at all finding a stream for this so far - and LFC have seemingly been busy with the takedowns for dodgy streams of the club channel...

£6 premium price for the 'third competition' in the women's domestic game? That doesn't make any sense at all...

It seems not many of the main stream sites know there is a game on - probably because it is the 'League Cup' and there is little publicity online / in the fixture sites for it etc.

If you have LFC TV - or use IPTV (cough) - the match is on the LFC TV channel.

Hopefully if someone does find a stream (a dodgy twitter stream, maybe?) they'll post it up here...

For updates: www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/women-s-league-cup/#/hz4Kvcx7/live and https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW

Tournament info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_FA_Women%27s_League_Cup & https://womenscompetitions.thefa.com

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 02:20:56 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4048 on: November 27, 2022, 02:57:34 pm »

Liverpool 1-0 up at half-time; Jasmine Matthews the scorer on 45'.

Edit: 1-0; full-time :)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 03:55:56 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline dimewestern

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4049 on: November 27, 2022, 04:36:48 pm »
Great stuff

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: November 28, 2022, 04:37:43 pm »
Liverpool 1-0 up at half-time; Jasmine Matthews the scorer on 45'.

Edit: 1-0; full-time :)

The highlights are up on the offi you tube page now.I tried to find the game live but none of  the sites i use had a stream,Spanish liga 2, Italian 2 even Russian league but no LFC.I see they have a few games coming up on LFCGO before xmas.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4051 on: November 29, 2022, 11:32:02 pm »

The highlights are up on the offi you tube page now.I tried to find the game live but none of  the sites i use had a stream,Spanish liga 2, Italian 2 even Russian league but no LFC.I see they have a few games coming up on LFCGO before xmas.

Fwiw, CBC Sports Network does an English Womens Super League match. I don't see anything this weekend as far as LFC go. It's United v Villa Saturday morning.

Paramount + has a Sunday WSL match: Reading v Spurs.

Check out those two outlets for matches before going the stream route.

Liverpool v Man City in the League Cup next Wednesday. No tv coverage listed yet.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
Looking forward to this Sunday's match.
Being a Londoner I can't make it up north to the match, so I'll watch it on LFCTV (or the FaPlayer).

West Ham have been quite good this season, we did beat them in pre-season, but they had a number of players out back then, and a few new players still settling in.
In the WSL they've beaten Everton, Villa and Reading this season, though they recently lost to Brighton.

It will be hard for us to win this one,  but you never know, anything could happen in 90 minutes of football.

Predictions:
My head says it'll finish Liverpool 1:3  West Ham
But my heart says it'll end  Liverpool 2:2  West Ham.

Player of the match will be Emma Koivisto (she'll finally score a goal, and make an unbelievable goal line clearance).

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: January 1, 2023, 04:22:17 pm by oojason »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
2-0 up after 20 minutes. Holland and Stengel. It has been a while since we started this well. We really need to keep this win here because Reading just beat Spurs which isn't very helpful. They move above us now, but we'll switch again if we can get 3pts. Leicester couldn't have jumped us this weekend even if they didn't get battered 8-0 by Chelsea yesterday. Brighton are 3-0 down to City after half an hour.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Ceri Holland goal on 3' - https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW/status/1599406575160025088

Katy Stengel goal on 20' - https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW/status/1599410831153926144

Still 2-0 up; 38 mins played...

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Could be 3 or 4 nil up - they've been brilliant so far. Keep it up

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Pleased to see the women are winning today.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
2-0 FT

Reading stay behind us by a point even with their win. Brighton's loss means they fall behind both us and Reading. We're now in 9th.

Leicester at home will be our final league match before the Christmas break.

• Legacy Fan
Really good win,defo could of had a few more goals.Ya man Leo was not far away with his pregame player of the game.Koivisto had a great game but my pick POTM to Keri Holland. 
Good to see a full house at Tranmere as well,(world cup counting).
« Last Edit: December 4, 2022, 05:02:00 pm by Boston always unofficial »

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's a really good and needed win today. Beat Leicester and they'll give themselves a nice bit of breathing space.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Really good win,defo could of had a few more goals.Ya man Leo was not far away with his pregame player of the game.Koivisto had a great game but my pick POTM to Keri Holland. 
Good to see a full house at Tranmere as well,(world cup counting).

Thankfully my other prediction of the score was incorrect.
Before the match I really didn't think we'd win that  game.

"There's only 1 Ceri Holand" though she was absolutely  everywhere today. At times it seemed like there were 2 Ceri's on the pitch.

Delighted is probably an understatement of how I feel About today's win.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
Brilliant win, and at 24 shots to 3, an even better performance. 13 points has to be the first target, as teams have stayed up with that in the last two seasons, and LFCW have moved onto eight today. Huge.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Brilliant win, and at 24 shots to 3, an even better performance. 13 points has to be the first target, as teams have stayed up with that in the last two seasons, and LFCW have moved onto eight today. Huge.

To your point about "13 points has to be the first target",     ...I totally agree.
If (and its still a big IF) we can get a win this weekend against Leicester we would go a long way to securing our future in this league.

We have ManC in the Conti cup mid-week, I think we should rest as many players as is technically possible. Ceri Holland, Mel Lawley & Stengel should stay home, put their feet up, and watch that ManC match on TV.

Yes I know the ManC have their Manchester derby this weekend so will probably be resting players themselves, and we could potentially win the group if we went with a strong line-up, but Lets put absolutely everything into actually beating Leicester this weekend.

I say this because I remember the last time we got relegated, our last match was against West Ham who were on the back of a long losing run and we had been playing well. Us beating West ham was "a given". If I remember correctly they scored 3 in the first half, beat us about 4:2 (something like that), then came lockdowns, then relegation based on some algorithm, followed by 2 seasons in the Championship.

We need to go to Leicester understanding that nothing's "a given" at this level, ...win that match at all costs.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2022, 04:27:09 pm by LeoT »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Beard's plan maybe?
- stay up this season
- justifies deeper investment for next season
- next season is about development/consolidation
- certainly challenge for Top 4
- challenge for title season after

Two years before serious champions contention isn't impossible - with the right investment.

Soooooo many variable of course, not least who'll be footing the bill as soon as (if the rumours are to be believed) the WC ends.......

Still. The only way up is to invest. Beard has the experience and the quality - he needs support to create the team he knows he needs in order to compete back at that top level.

It's great to see more people getting actively involved in this thread too - hopefully it won't be too long before we have a dedicated sub-forum, with special topic/individual player threads and sub-forum mods to keep it tidy etc.

Instead of just one single thread on the whole site :(

• Legacy Fan
Oh man,don't let the xg/stats nerds in!

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Beard's plan maybe?
- stay up this season
- justifies deeper investment for next season
- next season is about development/consolidation
- certainly challenge for Top 4
- challenge for title season after

Two years before serious champions contention isn't impossible - with the right investment.

Soooooo many variable of course, not least who'll be footing the bill as soon as (if the rumours are to be believed) the WC ends.......

Still. The only way up is to invest. Beard has the experience and the quality - he needs support to create the team he knows he needs in order to compete back at that top level.

It's great to see more people getting actively involved in this thread too - hopefully it won't be too long before we have a dedicated sub-forum, with special topic/individual player threads and sub-forum mods to keep it tidy etc.

Instead of just one single thread on the whole site :(
The women's side of things, as I understand it going off what are admittedly now out of date accounts, is relatively self-sufficient. Or that is at least the game plan. Which makes sense given it is FSG's general approach to running the club. Our losses were very minimal, pennies compared to some. So whoever ends up owning us next won't have to give too much concern to how much of a money pit the women's team currently is, they can simply decide how big a money pit they would like to make it. And however big they might choose, it will still be spare change down the back of the couch.

I have no idea if the self-sufficient model dictated Beard's squad building going into this season. You have to think it was a factor to some extent. We were pretty much one out/one in positionally, with loans adding some of the depth. But at the same time, I do think he favoured squad consistency and wasn't going to make sweeping changes even if his cheque book was blank. Teams who have done that in recent years really haven't had a good time of things.

If I was going to guess the squad changes we might see for next season, I'd have to say the defence needs the immediate attention. Performance aside, it's ageing. Same could be said for the squad on the whole, really. We're the oldest in the league, with most of the age being found in the defence. Fahey (35), Roberts (32), Flaherty (31) Matthews (turning 30), Campbell (turning 30). That's in addition to Furness (turning 35), Laws (32), van de Sanden (30), Stengel (30).

Maybe the imminent need to overhaul through the squad also played a factor in Beard's building of it for this season. It probably does make more sense to spend 22/23 making sure we don't go straight back down and then make all those disruptive player changes for 23/24 once we have a WSL season to our name to use as both a foundation and a statement to prospective signings.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
To your point about "13 points has to be the first target",     ...I totally agree.
If (and its still a big IF) we can get a win this weekend against Leicester we would go a long way to securing our future in this league.

We have ManC in the Conti cup mid-week, I think we should rest as many players as is technically possible. Ceri Holland, Mel Lawley & Stengel should stay home, put their feet up, and watch that ManC match on TV.

Yes I know the ManC have their Manchester derby this weekend so will probably be resting players themselves, and we could potentially win the group if we went with a strong line-up, but Lets put absolutely everything into actually beating Leicester this weekend.

I say this because I remember the last time we got relegated, our last match was against West Ham who were on the back of a long losing run and we had been playing well. Us beating West ham was "a given". If I remember correctly they scored 3 in the first half, beat us about 4:2 (something like that), then came lockdowns, then relegation based on some algorithm, followed by 2 seasons in the Championship.

We need to go to Leicester understanding that nothing's "a given" at this level, ...win that match at all costs.
We have been using the Conti Cup for rotation, at least where the starting XI is concerned. Beard seems to be liking throwing a bunch of subs on at half time and giving players just 45 minutes as opposed to resting them outright. I expect we will at least start with another rotated side against City. Who have been using something of a b team themselves. If Beard wants to again make those half time changes instead of letting players sit one out, then that's not my call, but I'd rather he didn't do it for the sake of chasing a win because I don't care about this competition in the slightest and there is every chance we still go through even if City beat us.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

7pm kick off. Womens League Cup tournament info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_FA_Women%27s_League_Cup

Liverpool Women matches live on UK TV - tonight's match is live on LFC TV & LFC TV GO: www.live-footballontv.com/live-womens-football-on-tv.html

Liverpool Women matches shown live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc): www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/liverpool-women

FlashScores page for Liverpool Women FC: www.flashscore.co.uk/team/liverpool/Ye260xTF (live scores, fixtures & results, tables, line-ups, substitutions, in-match text updates etc)

Streams:-

www.hesgoal.com/news/Liverpool%20W%20vs%20Manchester%20City%20W.html
http://streamers.watch/c/football/england-women-league-cup/07-12-2022/liverpool-w-vs-manchester-city-w/1 (5 links listed)
https://freestreams-live1.tv/
http://xxxxx.to/hb_1 / https://anonima.to/b/football
www.vipboxtv.sk/stream-liverpool-w-live-1

Decent stream sites for womens football - https://freestreams-live1.tv : www.4stream.gg/b/football.html : www.daddylive.pro : www.tv-hesgoal.com : https://anonima.to/b/football : www.goatd.me : https://elixx.xyz : https://totalsportek.pro : www.vipboxtv.sk : https://soccerstreams100.io : https://ww1.pawastreams.live : https://mamahd.best/watch-football-live : www.soccerstreams.football : https://nizarstream.com : https://footybite.to https://ss.soccerstreamlinks.com : www.redditsoccerstreams.tv : www.hesgoals.top  www.hesgoal.name

60+ stream sites: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0 (in the 'Some useful info for following the football + Tv, STREAMS, & Highlights etc' thread)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 01:39:57 pm by oojason »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers Jason. We seem to be doing well so far......

• Legacy Fan
Da fuck was that yellow card for at the end of the half? The kid Sillock has had a good half.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2022, 07:52:26 pm by Boston always unofficial »

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Hopefully some of the stream links there will come in useful for future womens footy matches too.

Yeah, decent game this. Not sure about the ref and some of his 'decisions' though. That yellow card for the girl who slipped and lost her boot was... erm... interesting.

Decent lively crowd too - especially given the bloody cold.

Edit: 2-0 down - underserved that...

« Last Edit: December 7, 2022, 08:35:19 pm by oojason »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
Looks like LFC is claiming the friendly Sunday for the first team v Lyon and the Womens match v Leicester will both be shown live on LFCTV. They kickoff at the same time.

Or did I miss something?

• Legacy Fan
Both games are on lfcgo but the men's game is on lfctv,u.k and Ireland as well,as far as i can see.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4075 on: December 10, 2022, 03:06:54 pm »
The Leicester game is in doubt, subject to a pitch inspection.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-women-v-leicester-fixture-subject-pitch-inspection

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: December 10, 2022, 03:53:29 pm »
Could they not switch the game to Anfield?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: December 10, 2022, 05:55:43 pm »

Snow on the pitch at Anfield. Although they did have the glow lights on to grow the grass towards The Kop earlier.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: December 11, 2022, 04:41:57 am »
I suppose they could, in theory, switch the ground at short notice, but it would surely have to be closed door? I imagine there's a fair bit more than just opening the turnstiles that goes into putting a match on for spectators.

Hopefully we can go ahead as planned. I'd really like to get this particular match played and over with, and won, it would make our second half of the season look and feel very different.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: December 11, 2022, 08:29:37 am »

This is still how the table looks going into today's matches. City v United is at the Etihad and Villa v Arsenal is at Villa Park, so those two should be fine to go ahead. Brighton v Everton is already off, so Brighton spend the mid-season break in 11th. Reading are away at Chelsea, not likely they'll get anything out of that if it's played. Would be nice for us to move up to 8th or maybe even 7th by the end of the day. Albeit with games in hand being a factor.