Author Topic: Colin Wanker  (Read 103138 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Colin Wanker
« Reply #640 on: February 17, 2019, 07:10:09 pm »
Nope, that's the regional south Wales league ;)

I assume the Welsh Premier League is what you're looking for? https://www.wpl.cymru/
Ha ha, well I was in the right country at least.    :)

I mean, seriously, why are these 2 Welsh teams playing in the English Leagues?      :)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: February 17, 2019, 07:35:26 pm »

I mean, seriously, why are these 2 Welsh teams playing in the English Leagues?      :)

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2019, 07:52:02 pm »

Yes mate I understand how they want to play in the English leagues for the money, but why do we want them here is what I would like to know.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #643 on: February 17, 2019, 08:09:01 pm »
Yes mate I understand how they want to play in the English leagues for the money, but why do we want them here is what I would like to know.
I have a really bad grasp of the situation, but it's something along the lines of being invited to join a league with some teams from England, which then merged, and merged again, and eventually they were all in the English league system as we know it now.

Can someone please correct all I got wrong above, but it's something along those lines.

I'd love to see them leave the English set up so we could have a proper Welsh Premier League, but imagine trying to ask Cardiff to leave the Premier League!

I hate seeing Welsh teams in the English league as much as you probably do mate (but from the other way around ;)) but unfortunately it doesn't seem straightforward to say the least. Saying that, the whole of the UK is currently doing the political version of this so who the fuck knows!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:10:38 pm by iamnant »
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #644 on: February 17, 2019, 08:22:47 pm »

There's 3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: February 17, 2019, 08:31:32 pm »

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #646 on: February 17, 2019, 08:37:14 pm »
I have a really bad grasp of the situation, but it's something along the lines of being invited to join a league with some teams from England, which then merged, and merged again, and eventually they were all in the English league system as we know it now.

Can someone please correct all I got wrong above, but it's something along those lines.

I'd love to see them leave the English set up so we could have a proper Welsh Premier League, but imagine trying to ask Cardiff to leave the Premier League!

I hate seeing Welsh teams in the English league as much as you probably do mate (but from the other way around ;)) but unfortunately it doesn't seem straightforward to say the least. Saying that, the whole of the UK is currently doing the political version of this so who the fuck knows!

As far as I'm aware, when these clubs started there was no separate Welsh league so they joined the English league system and unless they are kicked out there is unlikely to be any incentive, in the foreseeable future, that will cause them to want to leave.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #647 on: February 17, 2019, 08:42:46 pm »

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #648 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:17 pm »

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #649 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:42 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: February 17, 2019, 08:47:07 pm »
There's 4
There's too fucking many, that's how many there are matey.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #651 on: February 17, 2019, 09:11:17 pm »

Indeed!

To answer the original question, there was no Welsh league prior to 1992, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham are all over 100 years old.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #652 on: February 17, 2019, 09:12:27 pm »
There's 4
There's 6.

According to Wiki anyway. I thought it was 4 too!

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 17, 2019, 09:13:07 pm »
You're lucky that some of us deign to lower ourselves to play in your stinking league system.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: February 17, 2019, 09:27:28 pm »
You're lucky that some of us deign to lower ourselves to play in your stinking league system.

We're honoured to have so many honourable Welsh Clubs in our league.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #655 on: February 17, 2019, 10:10:13 pm »
Indeed!

To answer the original question, there was no Welsh league prior to 1992, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham are all over 100 years old.

Newport were founded in 1986...and there's Merthyr and Colwyn Bay playing in the English pyramid as well.

You can have TNS back if you're sending the others back!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: February 18, 2019, 01:48:24 am »
Berwick Rangers play in Scotland as well.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: February 18, 2019, 03:19:45 am »
There’s a few Shropshire clubs that play in the Welsh leagues.

Chester FC’s pitch is in Wales, so they’re an English club playing home games in Wales in the English league system.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #658 on: February 18, 2019, 03:36:05 am »
What was the movie..."Just How many country's do you have on this Island,anyway?".
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2019, 05:41:38 am »
Newport were founded in 1986...and there's Merthyr and Colwyn Bay playing in the English pyramid as well.

You can have TNS back if you're sending the others back!

Newport were founded in 1912, went bust in the late eighties and reformed as a Phoenix club in 1989. Had to play in Gloucester for a few years, thus called the exiles.

Reason Welsh teams play in the English pyramid is that there was no Welsh league structure and only a hand full of clubs in the big towns back in the late19th/early20th century. Geography also meant North Wales clubs would find opposition against teams from the North of England, while South Wales clubs would do the same with the South. And Wales was still regarded frustratingly* as a legal region of England.

The Welsh League was then only founded in the 90s as there was external pressure from the rest of FIFA that the Home Nations should merge as all four home nations have a seat on the governing board of the rules of the game, while the rest of FIFA only have one. By then though a century or so of English competition, the big teams weren’t going to shift. They would have had to go from professional outfits to semi professional at best. It’s worked out fine for a century or so

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #660 on: February 25, 2019, 12:43:16 pm »
The guys complaining about "every Tom, Dick and Harry from abroad" giving advice to Camarasa about his injury.

Of course he's going to want to play him at first chance, given he is on loan he won't care about his long term health, maybe his parent club don't want him getting a bad injury and have advised him otherwise.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 25, 2019, 01:06:11 pm »
Every Tomasz, Dik and Xavi sticking their ore in. What's a Wanker to do?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: February 25, 2019, 01:48:47 pm »
Chester FC’s pitch is in Wales, so they’re an English club playing home games in Wales in the English league system.

Only about 90% of the pitch!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #663 on: February 25, 2019, 04:00:34 pm »
Newport were founded in 1912, went bust in the late eighties and reformed as a Phoenix club in 1989. Had to play in Gloucester for a few years, thus called the exiles.

Reason Welsh teams play in the English pyramid is that there was no Welsh league structure and only a hand full of clubs in the big towns back in the late19th/early20th century. Geography also meant North Wales clubs would find opposition against teams from the North of England, while South Wales clubs would do the same with the South. And Wales was still regarded frustratingly* as a legal region of England.

The Welsh League was then only founded in the 90s as there was external pressure from the rest of FIFA that the Home Nations should merge as all four home nations have a seat on the governing board of the rules of the game, while the rest of FIFA only have one. By then though a century or so of English competition, the big teams weren’t going to shift. They would have had to go from professional outfits to semi professional at best. It’s worked out fine for a century or so

Because of the formation of the Welsh League the WFA banned Welsh clubs from playing in the English pyramid, i think if they were lower than the then Conference, now National League Premier, so Newport, Colwyn Bay think a couple of others were exiled to play in England, Colwyn Bay ended up playing at Ellesmere Port.
#Sausages

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 25, 2019, 08:36:48 pm »
He's such a bellend.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: February 25, 2019, 08:58:50 pm »
Was just sorting my FPL team for the midweek fixtures and noticed that Cardiff's keeper has the second highest number of points behind Alisson - how the fuck did he manage that?  If there is anything to give Colin credit for it has to be his ability to get his team defending against all odds whilst behaving like an absolute c*nt get a team organised defensively.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: February 25, 2019, 10:37:02 pm »
Was just sorting my FPL team for the midweek fixtures and noticed that Cardiff's keeper has the second highest number of points behind Alisson - how the fuck did he manage that?  If there is anything to give Colin credit for it has to be his ability to get his team defending against all odds whilst behaving like an absolute c*nt get a team organised defensively.
saves made and he’s saved a few penalties

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #667 on: February 25, 2019, 11:23:08 pm »
saves made and he’s saved a few penalties

Sounds like an ideal replacement for Pickers, when Manchester Untied swoop in with 80 million bid.

That’s still happening, right?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #668 on: February 25, 2019, 11:28:29 pm »
Sounds like an ideal replacement for Pickers, when Manchester Untied swoop in with 80 million bid.

That’s still happening, right?

£100m wasn't it?  First £100m-keeper sale trophy.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #669 on: March 31, 2019, 03:53:27 pm »
 ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #670 on: March 31, 2019, 03:54:36 pm »
One post match interview I might watch.

Can play “match that color of red”

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #671 on: March 31, 2019, 03:55:52 pm »
 ;D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #672 on: March 31, 2019, 04:02:13 pm »
Beautiful fume
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: March 31, 2019, 04:03:55 pm »
Funny but I'd be pissed if that happened to us. ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #674 on: March 31, 2019, 04:13:32 pm »
One post match interview I might watch.

Can play “match that color of red”

You’ll be waiting a while

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #675 on: March 31, 2019, 04:14:40 pm »
Funny but I'd be pissed if that happened to us. ;D

I’d probably explode in fury!
Internet terrorist

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: March 31, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: March 31, 2019, 04:16:25 pm »
Dying to know why he stood in front of the officials and did I'm a little teapot.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: March 31, 2019, 04:18:30 pm »
looking more and more like Penguin from Batman.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: March 31, 2019, 04:18:56 pm »
looking more and more like Penguin from Batman.

Yes! We can call him Oswald as well as Colin now.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.