Author Topic: The Attack  (Read 394533 times)

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Attack
« Reply #1960 on: January 12, 2015, 02:33:06 pm »
That's a dramatic improvement, SC. Earlier in the season we were way down on shots but the change in system has boosted the average significantly. And we are scoring more goals.

We're still catching up from the first half of the season and yes, we definitely need a striker.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: January 12, 2015, 02:34:29 pm »
what if happens again

Holy smokes you just scared the living hell out of me, thought Sturridge got injured again. Checked my instagram in a complete panic!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: January 12, 2015, 02:41:10 pm »
what if happens again

I think we are just hopeful that he is over his injury problems for the time being anyway and can stay fit until the end of the season. We all know we need a striker but I just don't think we have the resources in January to bring in a good one... hopefully Origi will come in soon but there isn't much we can do until the summer

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1963 on: January 12, 2015, 02:43:11 pm »
That's a dramatic improvement, SC. Earlier in the season we were way down on shots but the change in system has boosted the average significantly. And we are scoring more goals.

We're still catching up from the first half of the season and yes, we definitely need a striker.

It's just irking me that people would suggest that we shouldn't make any changes and not bother to get a striker in. I was discussing it with Gnurglan on the WTF thread before it was (temporarily?) locked, but the fact of the matter is, no matter how you look at it, the main negative of our season has been our striking woes. We need a striker and we just cannot afford to gamble it all on the most injury prone player in English football not named Diaby. We can't make that risk.

I looked further on the stats and whilst Whoscored doesn't offer everything, it's clear that it comes down to finishing. No matter of recent upturn in performances can lead to a full explanation of equivalent shots per game and yet almost a goal a game less than Chelsea.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: January 12, 2015, 02:46:11 pm »
I think we are just hopeful that he is over his injury problems for the time being anyway and can stay fit until the end of the season. We all know we need a striker but I just don't think we have the resources in January to bring in a good one... hopefully Origi will come in soon but there isn't much we can do until the summer

It's not the WTF so I'm not sure how far we can delve into the issue, but something has to be done now. 'Hopeful' just doesn't cut it. We need more than to be banking on his abysmal injury record.

For the record, Sturridge is my favourite LFC player.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: January 12, 2015, 02:55:20 pm »
It's not the WTF so I'm not sure how far we can delve into the issue, but something has to be done now. 'Hopeful' just doesn't cut it. We need more than to be banking on his abysmal injury record.

For the record, Sturridge is my favourite LFC player.

We just don't have the money to spend this window I think mate, and a goalscorer normally costs a fair amount, and especially as it's Jan and clubs don't want to lose these players

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1966 on: January 12, 2015, 02:58:15 pm »
Don`t understand the purpose of pointing this out when almost every Lfc player was massively disappointing in the first part of the season. Those players got the chance to show they can improve and they did , why shouldn`t Mario? That`s the part I don`t understand.

How is he going to get the chance now? Who are you going to drop to accommodate him? Even if Sturridge is rested for or injured again Sterling will lead the line most probably.

He could probably play where Gerrard did against Sunderland. But Rodgers has Gerrard, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana and Markovic for those positions.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:02:20 pm by iVapor »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1967 on: January 12, 2015, 03:09:04 pm »
How is he going to get the chance now? Who are you going to drop to accommodate him? Even if Sturridge is rested for or injured again Sterling will lead the line most probably.

He could probably play where Gerrard did against Sunderland. But Rodgers has Gerrard, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana and Markovic for those positions.
Bolton is the perfect chance to give him 90 mins and see what he can do in a new system.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: January 12, 2015, 03:14:17 pm »
Why would we let Balotelli go to Juve? I mean, Sturridge is about to come back. Wasn't it part of the TC's grand scheme to have Balotelli, with his skillset, pair Sturridge in a front 2?!  ;)

I don't know. I was just stating that there is a lot of talk about it on the internet.

I hope we keep him and he comes good, either as a 2 with Sturridge or as the 1 in the 343.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: January 12, 2015, 03:18:42 pm »

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #1970 on: January 12, 2015, 03:20:59 pm »
Criticism echoed from TV pundits? Having been to most the games this season, I completely disagree with all of the above. During that terrible spell earlier in the season, he played a lot of games and just didn't offer any movement/pressing/creativity up front. We barely had any shots on target during that period too. I do agree that he was isolated, but every time Coutinho/Sterling looked up he wouldn't run in behind. Even against Swansea we played really well, were 4-1 up and he came on and just didn't look convincing.

He started Borini because we need that pressing from the front and runs in behind. Even if he missed a sitter he still offered aggression from the front. Another reason was he was playing a club he was at for a year - knows how they play/shop window.

Having said this, I do hope Balotelli comes good and do rate him as a player. However, he is just the opposite of what we need in a striker, and target men just don't do well in Rodgers' system. It's all well and good saying give him a chance with Sturridge up front, however who are you going to drop out of Sterling/Coutinho/Lallana/Markovic to accommodate him? And that would mean changing the system that is currently changing our season around to accommodate him.

In the early part of the season when he was being slated by every pundit going, almost to a man in here fans were pointing out what he was doing right and bemoaning the fact that he wasn't getting the service that Suarez and Sturridge had been getting last year. The Rodgers drops him, and half of the band wagon jumpers skip immediately to "he' shit, he doesn't work hard, he doesn't make runs".
Its so boringly predictable.

Liverpool were playing shite football for months, right through the CL group stage period - Sterlina and Coutinho were terrible and half of the forum was saying that it was time for Stevie to take a rest  (quickly forgotten also). Balotelli was settling in to the team at the exact time that we were god awful

He is not a "target man" by the way, I have no idea where you have got that idea from. 

Balotelli is ten times the player that both Borini and Lambert are. Now lets go back a few months when we signed him and 95% of folks in here believed that Rodgers was the manager to figure out the enigma, and get him to perform. That little idealistic bit of idol worship seems to have been forgotten and no its "down to Mario".

I repeat, watch the team's attacking play in his last several substitute appearances and tell me we did not move up several gears the moment he got onto the pitch. You can even see the step up in gears that Stevie makes as soon as Balo walks on the pitch, immediately he is looking for him, because you can see he believes in the player. For some reason Brendan doesn't.

With regards with who is dropped to accomodate Balo alongside Daniel, if Daniel ever gets back from injury. I'll remind you that we are effectively playing 5 defenders right now, a system of play that was barely used last year when we had both Luis and Daniel available.

So, yeah I would drop Manquillo.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: January 12, 2015, 04:22:57 pm »
Wow, where do you get those Mario tinted glasses from?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1972 on: January 12, 2015, 04:24:45 pm »
In the early part of the season when he was being slated by every pundit going, almost to a man in here fans were pointing out what he was doing right and bemoaning the fact that he wasn't getting the service that Suarez and Sturridge had been getting last year. The Rodgers drops him, and half of the band wagon jumpers skip immediately to "he' shit, he doesn't work hard, he doesn't make runs".

Liverpool were playing shite football for months, right through the CL group stage period - Sterlina and Coutinho were terrible and half of the forum was saying that it was time for Stevie to take a rest  (quickly forgotten also). Balotelli was settling in to the team at the exact time that we were god awful

He is not a "target man" by the way, I have no idea where you have got that idea from. 

Balotelli is ten times the player that both Borini and Lambert are. Now lets go back a few months when we signed him and 95% of folks in here believed that Rodgers was the manager to figure out the enigma, and get him to perform. That little idealistic bit of idol worship seems to have been forgotten and no its "down to Mario".

I repeat, watch the team's attacking play in his last several substitute appearances and tell me we did not move up several gears the moment he got onto the pitch. You can even see the step up in gears that Stevie makes as soon as Balo walks on the pitch, immediately he is looking for him, because you can see he believes in the player. For some reason Brendan doesn't.

With regards with who is dropped to accomodate Balo alongside Daniel, if Daniel ever gets back from injury. I'll remind you that we are effectively playing 5 defenders right now, a system of play that was barely used last year when we had both Luis and Daniel available.

Manquillo only started 2 of the last 11 games?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: January 12, 2015, 04:54:41 pm »

Manquillo isn't even starting most games, and you're effectively changing the entire system to accommodate a player who has 0 league goals this season. No chance.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: January 12, 2015, 05:01:15 pm »
Liverpool were playing shite football for months, right through the CL group stage period - Sterling and Coutinho were terrible and half of the forum was saying that it was time for Stevie to take a rest  (quickly forgotten also).

Yeah he (Coutinho) really wasn't

Sterling was average but ok at times

I don't think anyone has remotely forgotten Stevie's form earlier in the season either.

Despite you trying hard to discredit other players, I agree that Mario is definitely being judged at the harsher end of the scale, and if it clicks with him and us, we'd be better off than we are at the moment

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: January 12, 2015, 05:22:12 pm »

I don't think anyone has remotely forgotten Stevie's form earlier in the season either.

Despite you trying hard to discredit other players, I agree that Mario is definitely being judged at the harsher end of the scale, and if it clicks with him and us, we'd be better off than we are at the moment

If Mario want's some brownie points then he needs to learn to crack a fucking smile, lay off the weights and drop the bad boy image. He's all smiles in the training pictures so share the love on the pitch and things might change.

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: January 12, 2015, 05:38:45 pm »
Manquillo only started 2 of the last 11 games?

Well done to you and crosby wych for focusing in on the least important single word in the entire post.  We drop a wingback, play four like we have for the last half a century including 95% of games last year when we were runners up and scored over 100 league goals and play a striker. How difficult is that to understand.
Moreno then, whoever the fuck is the extra defender in a five.  But no, like sheep there are those of you for home we suddenly cannot possibly change the formation because the world would end. 

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: January 12, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »
Well done to you and crosby wych for focusing in on the least important single word in the entire post.  We drop a wingback, play four like we have for the last half a century including 95% of games last year when we were runners up and scored over 100 league goals and play a striker. How difficult is that to understand.
Moreno then, whoever the fuck is the extra defender in a five.  But no, like sheep there are those of you for home we suddenly cannot possibly change the formation because the world would end. 

It's not about being "sheep" or being scared of changing formation, it's people realising that we have a working formation at the moment that's helped get the best out of our players, and wondering if it's really necessary to change that for the sake of Balotelli. For me, it's not.

Maybe we'll go and lose 3 games, or win 1 in 6, and sure we should give it a go, but right now it seems stupid to shake everything up for Mario.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #1978 on: January 12, 2015, 06:43:08 pm »
Your loyalty towards Balotelli is commendable, if only you gave the manager the same leeway.

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: January 12, 2015, 08:31:26 pm »
It's not about being "sheep" or being scared of changing formation, it's people realising that we have a working formation at the moment that's helped get the best out of our players, and wondering if it's really necessary to change that for the sake of Balotelli. For me, it's not.

Maybe we'll go and lose 3 games, or win 1 in 6, and sure we should give it a go, but right now it seems stupid to shake everything up for Mario.

That same working formation was in place when he replaced Borini in the last two games, and in both cases our attacking play improved. So we don't need to change the formation at all, right now, and when Sturridge is back we can return to a 2 up front set up that absolutely destroyed Spurs.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: January 12, 2015, 08:34:07 pm »
That same working formation was in place when he replaced Borini in the last two games, and in both cases our attacking play improved. So we don't need to change the formation at all, right now, and when Sturridge is back we can return to a 2 up front set up that absolutely destroyed Spurs.

The system doesn't need changing for Balotelli with no evidence past 1 game to back it up. We have something. Working well, and Balotelli has performed nowhere near the level needed to justify it

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: January 12, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »
Your loyalty towards Balotelli is commendable, if only you gave the manager the same leeway.
It has nothing to do with loyalty, it is about picking the best players you have. Borini is so irrelevant to Liverpool that we were begging him to leave in summer, making it plain to him there would be no playing time.
Lambert was bought as a "different option" when we are throwing the kitchen sink at a team late in a game. Neither of those players were on the radar for first choice a few months ago, and yet they are getting playing time ahead of Balotelli, despite it being plain that when he is on the field we are a better attacking team than when the other two are. (in my opinion, now if you want to argue that those guys are better and we don't improve when he comes on, I'm happy to hear your thoughts on that.)

As for being loyal to Rodgers, blind loyalty, is what stopped the watching crowd from telling the Emperor that he had no clothes on.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:40:14 pm by Miltonred »

Offline Miltonred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: January 12, 2015, 08:41:05 pm »
The system doesn't need changing for Balotelli with no evidence past 1 game to back it up. We have something. Working well, and Balotelli has performed nowhere near the level needed to justify it

Which part of "we don't need to change the system" did you not understand?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: January 12, 2015, 08:42:42 pm »
Which part of "we don't need to change the system" did you not understand?

The part where you said change to 2 up front when Sturridge comes back

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1984 on: January 12, 2015, 08:53:55 pm »

I agree mate. Coutinho wasn't terrible, so I don't know where this myth comes from. He was one of the lads who actually performed well, considering the circumstances. This is where we argue over Mario and Lambert- some say they weren't scoring cause the team wasn't playing well. I disagree.
The team was doing worse because they weren't scoring and people like Coutinho and Raheem(in his "old" wide-role) were ineffective. Coutnho suffered and had to be content with less gametime(and not being missed that much- possibly leading to these rumours), since Raheem at least carried a goal-scoring threat.

The reason why people say he was terrible was that there was no movement for him and so he was a "luxury" player or pointless- someone who is flashy but don't contribute goals. Coutinho at the moment, can only be effective as PART of an attacking unit and that's why he's working on improving his shooting.

If the forwards are doing their jobs, there can be only ONE, but if they don't, they drag his name through the mud- cause then he's got no purpose really and he returns to his old Milan status.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:06:20 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1985 on: January 13, 2015, 03:51:38 am »
Some bitter made a fake tony Barrett account and tweeted that sturridge got injured again i almost threw my phone at the wall till i realized.
Seen us win everything

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1986 on: January 13, 2015, 10:10:20 am »

Offline Patch-Adams

• Main Stander
« Reply #1987 on: January 13, 2015, 10:24:23 am »
I agree mate. Coutinho wasn't terrible, so I don't know where this myth comes from. He was one of the lads who actually performed well, considering the circumstances. This is where we argue over Mario and Lambert- some say they weren't scoring cause the team wasn't playing well. I disagree.
The team was doing worse because they weren't scoring and people like Coutinho and Raheem(in his "old" wide-role) were ineffective. Coutnho suffered and had to be content with less gametime(and not being missed that much- possibly leading to these rumours), since Raheem at least carried a goal-scoring threat.

The reason why people say he was terrible was that there was no movement for him and so he was a "luxury" player or pointless- someone who is flashy but don't contribute goals. Coutinho at the moment, can only be effective as PART of an attacking unit and that's why he's working on improving his shooting.

If the forwards are doing their jobs, there can be only ONE, but if they don't, they drag his name through the mud- cause then he's got no purpose really and he returns to his old Milan status.

I'm his biggest fan but Coutinho was terrible at the start of the season. Struggled to do simple passes and first first touch was off.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1988 on: January 13, 2015, 11:20:12 am »
I agree mate. Coutinho wasn't terrible, so I don't know where this myth comes from.

Myth? He really wasn't good at all. He was misplacing passes left and right, even some dodgy first touches. He was out of form, like almost everyone else and playing in a formation that wasn't working.

The difference of how he is playing now, which is really good and how he played at the start of the season(which extended for a long period) is quite big.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: January 13, 2015, 03:40:46 pm »

Hurry up!

Offline Danan

• Kopite
« Reply #1990 on: January 13, 2015, 07:00:12 pm »
Balotelli and Borini to stay at Liverpool

Press Association
13 January 2015

Liverpool forwards Mario Balotelli and Fabio Borini will not be returning to their native Italy in the January transfer window, according to their agents.

With striker Daniel Sturridge to return from a long injury lay-off later this month, the pair are set to slip even further down the pecking order.

In the absence of Raheem Sterling, who was given a short break by manager Brendan Rodgers, Borini was preferred to his fellow countryman in Saturday's victory at Sunderland but neither are likely to feature prominently in the remainder of the season.

However, despite both being linked with moves back to Italy the agents of Balotelli and Borini insist that will not happen.

"[Balotelli] has a contract with Liverpool and can't really be offered to other clubs," agent Mino Raiola told Mediaset Premium.

"He chose to leave Italy and was aware of what he was leaving; he hasn't had the success he was hoping for, but he still needs time.

"Juventus have denied their interest in him, and I have had absolutely no contact with Inter (Milan), so that's the current situation now."

Borini's representative Marco de Marchi has also denied his player will be leaving Anfield.

"Borini will not return to Italy in January," he told SportItalia.

"He is happy with Liverpool, the club he is playing for."

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/balotelli-and-borini-to-stay-at-liverpool-S11363954506715?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1991 on: January 14, 2015, 09:25:43 am »
Balotelli wasnt the only problem early in the season.

Up to the end of November possibly December Coutinho was very hit and miss and at the start of the season was quite frankly poor.

then there was new buys. Lambert needed time and to be fair he cant run much and also seems to struggle to understand the offside rule, should be back up.

Borini does a lot and very little the same time, just a headless chicken really.

Lallana was in and out of the side and injured.

Sterling seemed to be a bit burned out (hence his holiday) plus a lot expected of a 19-20 year old

Markovic looked frightened to death in the early days

Balotelli was the scapegoat for it as he has a reputation but you reap what you sow and it didnt help him that in a lot of games he didnt break sweat

things would have been different with Sturridge, team gets bad results loses confidence, snowball and domino effect. Sturridge and Balotelli together could work. We have only seen that for an hour.

stating the obvious, our best striker by a mile is Sturridge but we havent seen him since August as he is made of paper. so that was never going to help.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: January 14, 2015, 09:29:28 am »
Mario missed sitters week in week out. He was justifiably blamed.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: January 14, 2015, 09:39:47 am »
It's about partnerships too. Scoring goals isn't just about having 1 player who is good - it's about having partnerships and understanding. Look at any season where we've had a great goalscorer(s) in the side and you'll immediately see that those players formed important partnerships with other creative players.

Hopefully with a better run of results, we'll see one of the strikers develop some sort of understanding with the other attacking sparks in the team and hopefully that'll lead to goals. Goes without saying that top class players find that similar understanding much more quickly than mediocre players who are less able to adapt.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: January 14, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »
Liverpool is getting better and better and better...and I believe we will get the fifth position this year.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: January 14, 2015, 01:53:10 pm »
3 out Markovic, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana have to start every game once sturridge is back.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #1996 on: January 14, 2015, 01:56:33 pm »
The attack will be ok...because according to the Uruguayan press Luisito may return to Liverpool again.

He said to close friends he is not happy at Barcelona and he regrets leaving Liverpool.

According to him he does not like the passing game he is forced to play.

He hate it.

But the press overhere also says that City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United are eager to grab him next season.

Wish him to comeback to Anfield...

Surely you can just tell him yourself, in your next exclusive.

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #1997 on: January 14, 2015, 06:52:13 pm »
3 out Markovic, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana have to start every game once sturridge is back.

Agreed. Sterling will always be in the side and in my opinion Coutinho has to be too. Few weeks back we'd all have said Lallana over Markovic but now he's improving it could turn out to be a headache. Not that that's a bad thing.
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline stoj

• Main Stander
« Reply #1998 on: January 14, 2015, 09:40:05 pm »
Just watching Seville v Granada and Iago Aspas has had a really good game so far, great header and looks a hungry player. Shame hes a bit lightweight as he looks clever in this Sevilla side. Also on a side note, Kevin Graimero (spelling) looks very good.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: January 14, 2015, 09:40:24 pm »
i think the inclusion of Borini in the last game showed the manager has realised we need that energy and pressing from the front even if we sacrifice a bit of quality to achieve that it affects our game too much when that isn't there. So i don't see Balotelli coming into the team any time soon even when Sturridge is fit.

We've hit on a formula that has promise and when you add Sturridge to the focal point of the attack who knows how much better it can get.