Author Topic: Tories really really aren't very nice at all are they? (***)  (Read 190639 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Those Shilly, Shilly Tories Mischh Moneypenny.. (***)
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2017, 09:34:15 am »
University may not be the right choice. A poor degree may not be the time and money it takes. The travesty is the dearth of quality alternatives. Under the massive expansion of University places all of the alternatives got sidelined. A slight fall in university places may not be a bad thing, if it is coupled with a massive increase in apprenticeships and proper vocational training.

It would be interesting to see how that 4% drop is made up by. Has there been an even drop across the social classes or is it a drop mainly from people in working class backgrounds and students from poorer backgrounds.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2017, 09:48:24 am »
University may not be the right choice. A poor degree may not be worth the time and money it takes. The travesty is the dearth of quality alternatives. Under the massive expansion of University places all of the alternatives got sidelined. A slight fall in university places may not be a bad thing, if it is coupled with a massive increase in apprenticeships and proper vocational training.

I agree that university isn't the be all and end all. 

I went to uni and dropped out in the 2nd year and although it has taken a while and gone on an interesting career route, I am doing very well for myself now.  I started out  on a factory floor, worked in a music shop, worked in the car and telecoms industries and now I'm in defence and have worked on the Aircraft Carriers and am currently involved with the nuclear submarine programme

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2017, 10:35:30 am »
University may not be the right choice. A poor degree may not be worth the time and money it takes. The travesty is the dearth of quality alternatives. Under the massive expansion of University places all of the alternatives got sidelined. A slight fall in university places may not be a bad thing, if it is coupled with a massive increase in apprenticeships and proper vocational training.

I think you are right however over the last 5 years the Tories have been pointing at the increasing rate as success / justification of raising fees, they therefore must accept this as a negative.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2017, 10:47:39 am »
I think you are right however over the last 5 years the Tories have been pointing at the increasing rate as success / justification of raising fees, they therefore must accept this as a negative.

or they find the tipping point of what people are willing to pay before if affects numbers of places

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »
Theresa May didn't want to wear £995 leather trousers but was forced into it by aide, report claims

The Prime Minister was told to wear the chocolate-coloured Amanda Wakeley strides by her 'infuriating' former aide Fiona Hill, it is claimed

Theresa May didn't want to wear the £995 pair of designer trousers that sparked a PR disaster known as "Trousergate", but was talked into it by one of her senior aides, according to the Prime Minister's former spin doctor.

Ms May planned to wear her own clothes for a Sunday Times photoshoot at her Downing Street flat in November 2016, but was persuaded to get into the leather Amanda Wakeley trousers by her then joint chief of staff Fiona Hill, it is said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/theresa-may-prime-minister-trousergate-995-leather-trousers-amanda-wakeley-fiona-hill-nick-timothy-a7842481.html
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2017, 05:40:03 pm »
Arbeit macht frei..........

Heh. "Make Work Pay" is the Tory version. By slashing disability benefits. When Universal Credit is finally implemented next year there are huge cuts hidden away in it. Instead of £230 a week for someone who is disabled and unable to work, new applicants will get £165. People already on £230 will keep that, but their benefits will be frozen at that until inflation eats it down to the same level new applicants get. 

(Example income figures I've used are ESA + Severe Disability Premium + Standard Rate Living PIP. The Severe Disability Premium (just over £65 a week) is being abolished because the Tories have decided that it's related to care, as it's intended to help single people with a disability to live independently, and so should be handled by local councils. Naturally, local councils are not receiving any extra funding to provide any such care provision.)

edit: should source this, so here's Luciana Berger's written question, from December 2015, on the subject: http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-12-16/20446/

Nothing has changed since. I posted a sample of the 'targeted support' a couple of pages back.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:27:01 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2017, 06:48:07 pm »
I got an ESA50 form the other day.  I've been in the support group for 3 years.  If they decide to view this as some kind of reapplication then they might see it as a chance to cut my benefit. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2017, 07:05:37 pm »
I got an ESA50 form the other day.  I've been in the support group for 3 years.  If they decide to view this as some kind of reapplication then they might see it as a chance to cut my benefit. :(

Just quickly checked, and you should be fine mate - at least as far as ESA cuts and new applications go. (Source). Good luck with the application and being at the right level for how you're feeling at the moment.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2017, 07:31:34 pm »
Just quickly checked, and you should be fine mate - at least as far as ESA cuts and new applications go. (Source). Good luck with the application and being at the right level for how you're feeling at the moment.

Thanks.  They left me alone for three years but the memory of the two appeals I had before that chills my blood.  Not really for this thread but I've been in something of a daze since I got the forms.  People are going to help me complete them but as usual you become terrified that you're not fit enough to work, but not sick enough for benefit. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2017, 08:03:26 pm »
Thanks.  They left me alone for three years but the memory of the two appeals I had before that chills my blood.  Not really for this thread but I've been in something of a daze since I got the forms.  People are going to help me complete them but as usual you become terrified that you're not fit enough to work, but not sick enough for benefit. :(

Know exactly what you mean, I couldn't face doing the appeals for PIP for a couple of years after a really rough ESA. I've mine for ESA and PIP both coming this next couple of months. Fun. ;)  Glad you've got some support there to go through the forms with you. Hopefully this time they'll leave you be without adding even more stress of needing to fight them to assess you properly.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2017, 11:50:35 pm »
i was in the ESA support group for nearly 4 years and had a work capability assesment a few months back in Mann Island and scored 0 points out of 15 when my health as actually worsened since my last WCA when i was put in the support group. How the fuck do these nazi c*nts get away with this kind of treatment. After the last assesment at Mann Island i felt like just walking into the fucking mersey it was such a inhumane experience.

My benefits have gone from 125 quid a week to 73 quid a week jobseekers allowance. i get 208 quid less a month. Its no coincidence that my anxiety and panic attacks have been constant for the last 3 months. i am now expected to look for work when my doctor has signed me off for work with my deteriorating mental health but the job centre as the power to refuse the doctors note. i have requested a mandatory reconsideration on the decision but this takes maybe a month or so and then if they still dont reverse the decision i will have to appeal to a independent tribunal which will take probably 9 or 12 months. i cant afford to live on 73 quid a week for 9 or 12 months waiting for the appeal so im going have to get a job when i am not fit for work.

i dont like to divulge personal info online but i feel its important to expose what these tory c*nts and the DWP are doing to the sick, vulnerable and disabled.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2017, 12:49:23 pm »
To read these stories...

Here's no need for it, unforgivable way to threat people. 

Whatever happened to respect?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2017, 01:13:38 pm »
To read these stories...

Here's no need for it, unforgivable way to threat people. 

Whatever happened to respect?

Not sure there's many 'good ways' to threat people.

"Hi!"

"Hello."

"I'm going to saw your head off with this chainsaw! If you don't mind awfully? Sorry about the inconvenience, I'm sure.."

"Oh. er. Ok...."
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2017, 01:14:14 pm »
Treat!!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2017, 01:15:12 pm »
Treat!!

And you claim to be a teacher, do you? ;)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2017, 04:05:05 pm »
And you claim to be a teacher, do you? ;)
Seldom!
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »
I see the cabinet are ripping themselves apart over Brexit.

No consensus over what they want, backstabbing and front stabbing galore...

Who suffers? Us.

Brexit is the place we need the most level headed brinksmanship, and we've got petty squabbles over personal power.

Shameful.
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2017, 10:35:15 pm »
Laughable what is happening to them. What Hammond did today was pretty amazing, in how he hammered some of his cabinet colleagues on TV. The party top brass is falling apart.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2017, 11:07:07 pm »
I see the cabinet are ripping themselves apart over Brexit.

No consensus over what they want, backstabbing and front stabbing galore...

Who suffers? Us.

Brexit is the place we need the most level headed brinksmanship, and we've got petty squabbles over personal power.

Shameful.

Tories being Tories, who would've thought it.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2017, 12:39:30 am »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »
£1.3bn extra school funding??

Watch out for the details...  all the money is coming from 'efficiency savings' in the department for education. 

Please note that schools have been given advice about making efficiency savings' by the dfe... making people redundant in other words.
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2017, 05:19:34 pm »
The party is desperate. Public spats and now having to find desperate measures to try to claw back some popularity. They desperately need spreadsheet Phil to pull something out the bag for Public Services come the Autumn statement.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2017, 05:33:22 pm »
The party is desperate. Public spats and now having to find desperate measures to try to claw back some popularity. They desperately need spreadsheet Phil to pull something out the bag for Public Services come the Autumn statement.
A man who thinks public servants are overpaid...
W

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2017, 07:13:56 pm »
I wish they would just fuck off!!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2017, 07:18:44 pm »
A man who thinks public servants are overpaid...
Well I know one public servant who is overpaid as well as having no qualifications for a job granted to him by his mate. Ermmm. Hammond?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2017, 07:22:02 pm »
Well I know one public servant who is overpaid as well as having no qualifications for a job granted to him by his mate. Ermmm. Hammond?
Ach...

He's got a first class degree in PPE and has worked as (shadow) Chief secretary to the treasury for many years.

He's qualified to be fair to him....
W

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2017, 07:30:32 pm »
Ach...

He's got a first class degree in PPE and has worked as (shadow) Chief secretary to the treasury for many years.

Personal Protective Equipment.

What's that got to do with being Chancellor  ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:22:52 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2017, 07:32:18 pm »
Personal Protective Equipment.

What's that got to do with being Chancellor ::)
Politics, Philosophy and Economics in his case..
W

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2017, 08:58:47 pm »
They are giving schools an extra £1.3 Billion but needs to be save from the existing education budget.

In their Manifesto they promised schools an extra £4 Billion of new money.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2017, 09:00:43 pm »
They are giving schools an extra £1.3 Billion but needs to be save from the existing education budget.

In their Manifesto they promised schools an extra £4 Billion of new money.
in other news bears shit in woodland territory

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2017, 08:27:19 am »
Ach...

Come on that don't make him qualified. How many Ofsted inspectors (many of them highly qualified!) would you leave in front of a class, let alone draw up a school development plan and actually run a school!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2017, 08:34:54 am »
Come on that don't make him qualified. How many Ofsted inspectors (many of them highly qualified!) would you leave in front of a class, let alone draw up a school development plan and actually run a school!

A minister's job is to weigh advice from experts and decide the best course, they do not need to be an expert themselves. McDonnell has degrees in Government and Policy, the PPE equivalent from Brunel, the same criticisms of being unqualified apply to him to.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2017, 10:07:50 am »
Virtually every single one...
W

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2017, 02:16:59 pm »
Pension age to go up to 68 from 2037 now.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2017, 02:19:23 pm »
Pension age to go up to 68 from 2037 now.

great.......that affects me now.....I would have been able to go at 67 before today

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2017, 02:33:02 pm »
great.......that affects me now.....I would have been able to go at 67 before today

I was looking at 68 even before todays changes - but im not expecting a state pension until I hit 70 at the rate they are going (luckily for me I have a very good work pension I can take at 60)
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »

Likewise, not entirely a surprise though

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »
Ach...

Some of the decisions these people take seem to imply that some degrees aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2017, 06:15:05 pm »
I was looking at 68 even before todays changes - but im not expecting a state pension until I hit 70 at the rate they are going (luckily for me I have a very good work pension I can take at 60)
They should raise it to 68 immediately.

If it's got to go there, why not now? 
W