Author Topic: Liverpool (1) v Brighton (0) - Salah 22'  (Read 51655 times)

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Liverpool (1) v Brighton (0) - Salah 22'
« Reply #440 on: August 25, 2018, 09:17:35 pm »
Got to be based on this surely?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/So5UswFSPtc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/So5UswFSPtc</a>
They test and check our Alisson
They think he'll do a little wrong
Although he looks a million

Alisson, and on, and on, and on, and on

The song of 54 000
Mega strong construction
Alisson still going strong

Alisson, and on, and on, and on, and on

:D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:21:45 pm by Eternalsungod »
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: August 25, 2018, 09:18:51 pm »
He was for me the MOTM. Imperious performance and has picked up where he left off last season.

Hope to see more like it from him, which we will!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: August 25, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »
amazingly, I was actually able to watch the game with commentary on today. Normally it drives me mad within minutes so I hit the mute button. But Jim Beglin on NBC was actually ok, yes really, amazing at that may sound! They got that sure, not playing well, but still getting the job done is actually very acceptable in football!
Utd were winning that way for years on their way to challenging for titles. Can't blast teams away every week.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: August 25, 2018, 09:19:56 pm »
When the season started, the only think I hoped for was to win the first 3 games. That's all you want. A fast start so you're not playing catch upright from the start you don't care about performances, form etc.
Fantastic. I take more joy and pride winning games like this than blowing teams away because I know we can do the latter we've done it countless times.
Van Djik and Milner the stand out players so far for me too

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #444 on: August 25, 2018, 09:20:21 pm »
We’d have drawn this game last season. A definite sign of progress both winning & keeping a clean sheet when wasn’t anywhere near our best. Great save from Alisson near the end & Mo Salah makes the difference again.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:22:04 pm by Alf »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: August 25, 2018, 09:20:44 pm »
Utd were winning that way for years on their way to challenging for titles. Can't blast teams away every week.

Yeah, winning ugly is a sign of champions, we’re doing well.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: August 25, 2018, 09:21:06 pm »
Quite a bit of cowardly shithousery from Brighton today, how on Earth they only got one booking is astonishing.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: August 25, 2018, 09:22:37 pm »
The fact that you can get 8/1 for 1 nil and only 7/1 for 1 nil illustrates Jurgen's Reds goal-scoring reputation. It's bonkers that in recent times the difference between a 3 or 4 nil win can cost you.
::)       :boxhead       ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: August 25, 2018, 09:22:46 pm »
We’d have drawn this game last season. A definite sign of progress both winning & keeping a clean sheet when wasn’t anywhere near our best. Great save from Alisson near the end & Mo Salah makes the difference again.

Salah is going to score 25+ easily this season in the league alone.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: August 25, 2018, 09:23:44 pm »
Well RAWK has progressed over recent seasons from being overly critical of losses, to overly critical of draws, to overly critical of narrow wins.
That's what I call progress.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2018, 09:25:49 pm »
Well RAWK has progressed over recent seasons from being overly critical of losses, to overly critical of draws, to overly critical of narrow wins.
That's what I call progress.

I am noticing that some of the more negative aren't posting so much. ;D

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2018, 09:26:22 pm »
Wijnaldum was monstrous too. 75/76 passes and 4/5 tackles.

Gini has been great so far this season. He's well deserving of his place in the team.

Today was a very good win against a decent side who were well organised and worked very hard. Credit to them for making it difficult and causing us a few problems.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:50 pm »
I am noticing that some of the more negative aren't posting so much. ;D

They're lurking, building up the bile, just waiting for any lapse in concentration.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2018, 09:31:43 pm »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2018, 09:32:37 pm »
They're lurking, building up the bile, just waiting for any lapse in concentration.

I can imagine that they were reaching for their phones/computers to log on as Pascal Gross leapt for that header at goal...

...only to have put them down again as Allison tipped it round the post.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2018, 09:33:29 pm »
I can imagine that they were reaching for their phones/computers to log on as Pascal Gross leapt for that header at goal...

...only to have put them down again as Allison tipped it round the post.

;D

I don't see how anyone can be negative about Liverpool right now, there's nothing to be negative about! ;D

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2018, 09:35:13 pm »
Enjoying the evolution of our game.

Initially under Klopp it was all about the press. It is the key ingredient about how Klopp wants to play the game and understandably it was the first thing that was drummed into the team. It was all about getting the players used to the triggers that initiate the press, that progressed and became more nuanced when managers became accustomed to our ability to win the ball with an all out press. Initially it was all about pressing at pretty much every opportunity. The work rate and physicality overwhelmed teams. Unfortunately that led to us tiring late in games.

It was what you would describe as unintelligent pressing then we moved on to creating situations that allowed pressing traps. It was far more selective it wasn't about looking to overwhelm the opposition physically, it was about consolidating energy and waiting for the correct triggers. It was about forcing the opposition into situations that compromised their shape and then pouncing when the opportunity arrived. What you would describe as intelligent pressing.

For me that pretty much describes Klopp's time at Liverpool. In the first full season season it was all about heavy metal football, pressing at a tempo that the opposition couldn't cope with. We caught the opposition by surprise.

Last season was more subtle City at home in the League was the perfect example. It wasn't an all about press but we had a crazy 15 minutes when we went eyeballs out and destroyed City. Again though we ended up running out of steam and City almost comically ended up getting back into the game.

For me the initial work that went in to making us brilliant at pressing had a cost. We prioritised athleticism and physical abilities in certain areas over an ability to keep the ball. It was only certain areas and other areas of the team made up for that slightly agricultural approach. That has changed this season though. We are no longer a team that relies on overwhelming the opposition with work rate and desire. We no longer depend on creating passing traps or intelligent pressing. As the winning goal showed today we still have both of those qualities in our locker but we have more strings to our bow.

The transformation in January and the summer has been remarkable. I sat there today thinking I had been transported back to the 70's and 80's. We no longer have a weak link in possession. It was like the days of pass and move. Every player wanted the ball, every player was comfortable in possession and more importantly every player trusted their team mates in possession. Every time a player got on the ball it wasn't a case of getting goal side of their opponent in case their team mate made a mistake it was all about offering options.

In the first full season you could stop us by bypassing the unintelligent press and waiting for us to tire. Last season you could defend deep allow certain players to get on the ball and rely on our lack of creativity safe in the notion that we were vulnerable at the back. I am not sure what you can do now.

We can keep it for fun, show great patience and then all of a sudden pick you apart. Van Dijk and Alisson mean we can't be bullied anymore.

As I said initially we have become so more well rounded it is untrue. The main thing for me though is that rushed clearances are a thing of the past. Giving the ball back to the opposition is a last resort . Which means we no longer have to expend so much energy looking to regain the ball.

Onwards and upwards.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:36:57 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #457 on: August 25, 2018, 09:35:21 pm »
A different kind of win, but yo need to take them as you find them. The type of game we’d never have taken 3 points from in the past. A great result.

The goal was a subtle work of art. I’ve watched it about 10 times. There’s just so many moving parts and unsung qualities. Anticipation, aggression, awareness, control, calmness, trust, teamwork.

If anyone ever wants to show their kids team the importance of “staying on your toes”, show them that goal.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2018, 09:37:36 pm »
Quite a bit of cowardly shithousery from Brighton today, how on Earth they only got one booking is astonishing.

I don't think they did much wrong. The yellow card that fella got (He was the one that Milner tackled the ball off for our goal) could of been a red i thought on second viewing and the keeper is clumsy for me, it's a foul on firmino and a penalty if anything, not the other way round. But i don't think they crossed the line (in terms of actual intent to hurt etc) in any way today. Murray tried to be a handful but rarely worked. Infact alot of the 50/50"s they won second half.

I've seen more shithousery from a Pulis/Mourinho/Allardyce team
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:40:11 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2018, 09:39:19 pm »
A different kind of win, but yo need to take them as you find them. The type of game we’d never have taken 3 points from in the past. A great result.

The goal was a subtle work of art. I’ve watched it about 10 times. There’s just so many moving parts and unsung qualities. Anticipation, aggression, awareness, control, calmness, trust, teamwork.

If anyone ever wants to show their kids team the importance of “staying on your toes”, show them that goal.

It was a sublime goal.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2018, 09:39:48 pm »

Dull boring 1-0 wins are better than 1-1 draws that we were having last season. Keep the 3 points rolling in.
#JFT97

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2018, 09:40:20 pm »
At the end of the match I thought our best three players were Gini, Gomez and Firmino. The first two have been mentioned by others so I would ask you to consider how well Bobby played. He had a good header saved well, two shots and a flick saved and a long shot just over. In addition his build up play was the best of the front three and he had an assist and created two or three other good chances.
From my vantage point in u3 main stand his clever positioning is clear to see.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: August 25, 2018, 09:41:00 pm »
trentarnold98I love this club ❤️ Another win in the bag 💪🏽#YNWA

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm6hk8nAe4U/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=bf49ljkyhicf

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2018, 09:42:04 pm »
@BassTunedToRed

Mohamed Salah scored the fourth league 'winner' (decisive goal in a one goal victory) of his Liverpool career today- also 2-1 vs Leicester, 4-3 vs Man City, 2-1 vs Palace.

Next most for Klopp is 3 (Benteke, Mané).

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2018, 09:42:41 pm »
At the end of the match I thought our best three players were Gini, Gomez and Firmino. The first two have been mentioned by others so I would ask you to consider how well Bobby played. He had a good header saved well, two shots and a flick saved and a long shot just over. In addition his build up play was the best of the front three and he had an assist and created two or three other good chances.
From my vantage point in u3 main stand his clever positioning is clear to see.
I think Bobby looked better than he did against Palace. In terms of being the best of the front 3, well Salah and Mane especially just couldn't get a great rhythm going thus evening. He seemed to be working harder off the ball today than last Monday so hopefully he's slowly getting back to his levels from last season.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2018, 09:43:09 pm »
Nice to get the 3 points and keep yet another clean sheet. We weren't firing on all cylinders but we got the job.

I can definitely see why Klopp wanted a lock picker. I felt we struggled at times to break them down and play the killer ball.

I must say I do miss the drive we had when Ox was in midfield.

Bring on Leicester!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2018, 09:46:04 pm »
-snip-
Which means we no longer have to expend so much energy looking to regain the ball.
Onwards and upwards.

Great post, and onwards and upwards indeed!
We may not have the best players playing in each position, but watching us today, and as you stated, there wasn't a weak link to the line up. Impressive considering we had Shaqiri, Henderson, Sturridge, Matip, Clyne, Moreno, Lallana, and Fabinho, all fighting just to get onto our bench, let alone the starting lineup.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2018, 09:47:39 pm »

Initially under Klopp it was all about the press. It is the key ingredient about how Klopp wants to play the game and understandably it was the first thing that was drummed into the team. It was all about getting the players used to the triggers that initiate the press, that progressed and became more nuanced when managers became accustomed to our ability to win the ball with an all out press. Initially it was all about pressing at pretty much every opportunity. The work rate and physicality overwhelmed teams. Unfortunately that led to us tiring late in games.

It was what you would describe as unintelligent pressing then we moved on to creating situations that allowed pressing traps. It was far more selective it wasn't about looking to overwhelm the opposition physically, it was about consolidating energy and waiting for the correct triggers. It was about forcing the opposition into situations that compromised their shape and then pouncing when the opportunity arrived. What you would describe as intelligent pressing.

For me that pretty much describes Klopp's time at Liverpool. In the first full season season it was all about heavy metal football, pressing at a tempo that the opposition couldn't cope with. We caught the opposition by surprise.

Last season was more subtle City at home in the League was the perfect example. It wasn't an all about press but we had a crazy 15 minutes when we went eyeballs out and destroyed City. Again though we ended up running out of steam and City almost comically ended up getting back into the game.

For me the initial work that went in to making us brilliant at pressing had a cost. We prioritised athleticism and physical abilities in certain areas over an ability to keep the ball. It was only certain areas and other areas of the team made up for that slightly agricultural approach. That has changed this season though. We are no longer a team that relies on overwhelming the opposition with work rate and desire. We no longer depend on creating passing traps or intelligent pressing. As the winning goal showed today we still have both of those qualities in our locker but we have more strings to our bow.

The transformation in January and the summer has been remarkable. I sat there today thinking I had been transported back to the 70's and 80's. We no longer have a weak link in possession. It was like the days of pass and move. Every player wanted the ball, every player was comfortable in possession and more importantly every player trusted their team mates in possession. Every time a player got on the ball it wasn't a case of getting goal side of their opponent in case their team mate made a mistake it was all about offering options.

In the first full season you could stop us by bypassing the unintelligent press and waiting for us to tire. Last season you could defend deep allow certain players to get on the ball and rely on our lack of creativity safe in the notion that we were vulnerable at the back. I am not sure what you can do now.

We can keep it for fun, show great patience and then all of a sudden pick you apart. Van Dijk and Alisson mean we can't be bullied anymore.

As I said initially we have become so more well rounded it is untrue. The main thing for me though is that rushed clearances are a thing of the past. Giving the ball back to the opposition is a last resort . Which means we no longer have to expend so much energy looking to regain the ball.

Onwards and upwards.

Top post Al

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #468 on: August 25, 2018, 09:47:46 pm »

The best part for me was that we forced Brighton into looking to play that free kick short. They were totally starved of possession. They had looked to bypass Van Dijk and target Gomez but had no joy. We were confident and patient in possession and refused to give them the ball back cheaply.

They just wanted the kind of cheap possession that they had enjoyed against United. They just wanted a few touches to get a breather and to re-instill a bit of confidence. They knew if they knocked it long then they would be chasing shadows for the next couple of minutes so they looked to play a bit of football.

Their last game was against United who dropped off and let them play. They tried to do the same against us and were ripped apart.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #469 on: August 25, 2018, 09:49:19 pm »
Great win today. Having only just got in I haven't seen the replays, but from where I was sitting, the Allison save looked absolutely huge.

Whilst I understand people are saying "we would have lost/drawn that game last season" I'm not so sure we would have, you know. During Klopp's tenure, we have dug in and scraped out many a result such as this one. City at home in his first full season. So too away at Watford and West Brom, respectively. We have shown in the past that we can get our hands dirty when need be and now with better players in the first eleven, I'm far more confident in us digging in and winning many more games in this vein.

Not special, sure, but the table doesn't lie. 3 from 3 without conceding a goal. Yes, it's only a start, but it's a very good one. And while Mo's goal was great today, both he and Bob have another few gears to move through. Scary prospect for the opposition, whomever it may be...

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: August 25, 2018, 09:59:01 pm »
Great post, Al. Particularly enjoyed this sentence - reminded me of that confidence one had.

The transformation in January and the summer has been remarkable. I sat there today thinking I had been transported back to the 70's and 80's.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 25, 2018, 09:59:31 pm »
This is only the third time in the Premier League era that we’ve kept three clean sheets in our first three games, 2013/14 and 2015/16 being the others.  However we only scored 3 goals in 2013/14 and just two in 2015/16.

It’s our 4th highest goal tally in the first three games in that time too.  Striking a good balance it seems.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:01:14 pm by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2018, 09:59:45 pm »

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2018, 10:01:08 pm »
Great post Al
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2018, 10:01:40 pm »
Our defensive record this season will surprise a lot of 'pundits' and opposition fans. The goals conceded column last season was heavily skewed the City game where we had 10 men. Even without VVD for half of last year, we were still considerably better than the year before defensively.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #475 on: August 25, 2018, 10:02:45 pm »

Not sure what your maths teacher said, but that's a very crooked hexagon.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: August 25, 2018, 10:03:38 pm »
Not sure what your maths teacher said, but that's a very crooked hexagon.
;D

It's from Reddit.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #477 on: August 25, 2018, 10:07:21 pm »
Our defensive record this season will surprise a lot of 'pundits' and opposition fans. The goals conceded column last season was heavily skewed the City game where we had 10 men. Even without VVD for half of last year, we were still considerably better than the year before defensively.

Like you say, our defensive record last season was pretty fine too - afer 'that' game in Wembley. In fact it was excellent for months - one of the best in the league, if not the best. Didn't stop the boring cliched agenda being trotted out about the defence all season mind!

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #478 on: August 25, 2018, 10:10:00 pm »
Have I missed something?  I noticed we signed a new number 8 in the summer, but did we also sign an absolute boss to fill the number 5 shirt?  Whoever that was had a blinding game.  All round brilliant midfield performance.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: August 25, 2018, 10:11:26 pm »

Stat on BT sport today showed that since Van Dijk signed, so this calendar year basically, we had kept 10 (now 11) clean sheets.  The next highest was 8.  We obviously have conceded more in the games we had conceded in, but that’s due to our propensity to have a funny 5-10 minutes.

The next thing for us to improve on/see if we have improved on is to see what it happens when we do concede. Hopefully we our now more capable of clearing our heads quickly and accept it, rather than get a bit panicky and concede another quickly like we have done several times in the recent past.  Van Dijk’s and Allison’s demeanour would suggest we ought to be able to shrug it off better.