Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2792572 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #26400 on: May 23, 2022, 11:53:13 pm »
They honestly all just look bored. It's literally "job done" for them. They had a brief moment of euphoria - mostly relief because they had denied us rather out of any sense of achievement of their own - and now it's over. I've probably had longer and more satisfying orgasms.

There is no job satisfaction at that club. It's like an office job; they've basically just finished typing their last letter of the day and shut down their computer on a Friday night before hitting the pub. It's meaningless, worthless, and you can see they all know it. They're living a lie.

To be honest, all of them (including their manager) are being seriously over-paid to win the Champions League, not the Premier League. So, it is not a "job done" season. It is just another failure, while the really big clubs are playing in Paris on Saturday ...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26401 on: May 23, 2022, 11:55:08 pm »
where is that mo salah-i have a new hat / City wins some cup picture when you need it?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26402 on: May 23, 2022, 11:55:37 pm »

Cute of the players to bring their mums along to watch.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26403 on: May 23, 2022, 11:56:17 pm »
My 92 year old neighbour died last year.  Not only were there just as many lining our little streets when the funeral car passed, there was a lot less misery  too

:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26404 on: May 24, 2022, 12:02:46 am »
apart from that it wasn’t. One of the only teams who can ‘win’ a league, but have underachieved in the eyes of their owners. You can be sure the human rights abusers won’t have been impressed, they still haven’t given them that extra sportswashing push they crave - winning the CL.
This is it. Given what they are, they've pretty much failed this season. The manager is employed to bring them the CL. He failed, again. After that, he is employed with a brief to operate a scorched earth policy domestically. They want/need him/them to be crushingly dominant. They failed.

Liverpool swept the board with the domestic cups, and the sportswash only 'won' the title with 10 minutes of the season to go. They had four trophies to aim for, but only 'won' one, and only by the skin of their teeth. They were minutes away from 'winning' nothing at all, despite spending billions of unearned pounds.

It's definitely a B- for Ped and his boring band of mercenaries this season.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:07:01 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #26405 on: May 24, 2022, 12:04:23 am »
Yes, it always hurts to lose a final...or come second in a closely fought league battle....but City provide so much comedy value in their "victories" that the hurt is usually diminished by a good 70 to 90 percent than if it were any other (proper) team who'd dealt the blow.

I'm being deadly serious here....

City ALWAYS provide us with a (non-intended) dividend of compensatory hilarity as the reality of their outfit gets utterly exposed on the streets of Manchester.

The schadenfreude they like to think "super-enhances" their glee whenever it's US they beat just doesn't really pan out because we're usually too busy pissing ourselves laughing at their woeful attempts at a victory parade.

If it were any other club....we'd be all..." Oh NO...I can't watch their parade and celebrations".....the pain's still too raw!!

But with City...we actually make a bee-line to tune in to their victory parades because it provides tremendous joy and healing for us....and makes us sooooo f*cking glad....we're NOT them!!

Any other club's victory parade would be "salt rubbed into the wound"....but with City, their parade makes us feel like we've just been dropped off at a BUPA hospital and there are ten, grade A surgeons working around the clock to heal a paper-cut on our pinkie finger!!

That is to say...City's victory parade is tailor-made for "healing" broken scouse hearts...and the funny thing about it is that this is really not what it's meant to be doing.

It's meant to be a sky-blue expression of league superiority.....a barbaric "yawp" from the roof-tops as Walt Whitman put it.

It never is.

They can never pull this off.

As a club, they just don't have the requisite volume or soul to create a breathtaking spectacle of urban euphoria...

They may be good at winning the league, but they're absolutely sh*te at taking that win out to the people of their city....whose unspoken role is to (voluntarily) turn up en-masse to further twist the knife of victory into the hearts and souls of all rivals and onlookers.

They insist on doing it however....mainly because well....that's what you do isn't it.....when you win something.....it's kind of expected that you spend time bonding with the fans and telling them that the trophy's just as much "for them" as it is for the club.

With City however, the club-ambition-to-urban-following ratio is seriously out-of-whack and these "parades" just really nail that truth home.

These people (supporters) are just being used....there's simply not enough of them to justify what's being shoved in front of them on these victory parade days.

When we talk about a football club's natural, "organic" growth....this is what we mean in many ways.

Man City's victory parades are an embarrassment.

They signify that ambition has definitely been pumped into the club....but it's an ambition which greatly outweighs and over-shadows the natural fan-base's volume, belief, or commitment to the club.

That's why Man City's victory parades (and general PR) are so amusing and so pitiable.

Huge, significant evolutionary phases have just been by-passed with oil money and the nett result is a club that's incapable of luring genuinely euphoric supporters onto the streets of Manchester in their tens of thousands....

They're not there....simply because they don't exist.

The club (as a financial, political enterprise) is immensely bigger than it's true, organic fan-base.....and it's on these days that follow "victory"...that the rest of the footballing world gets to see this evidenced in no uncertain terms!!

:o
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:25:38 am by RAWK Meltdown #1 »
YNWA

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26406 on: May 24, 2022, 12:07:58 am »
From City's official coverage...

Poor guy! He should tune in to watch what a proper club's parade looks like. No wonder Pep is so obsessed with us.

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
« Reply #26407 on: May 24, 2022, 12:32:16 am »
That is cathartically pathetic

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #26408 on: May 24, 2022, 12:34:00 am »
to be honest id say alot of the older die hard city fans dont even bother nowadays. they know its all so empty.
I said something similar a few days back that most of the real fans binned it off once the takeover happened and that they knew the soul of the club died then and there.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26409 on: May 24, 2022, 12:43:39 am »
From City's official coverage...

It took me ages and numerous people quoting the picture before I realised that wasn't some random ginger getting bored while they were waiting for the parade and that was actually kdb on the parade bus. :lmao

You do have to wonder why they didn't just do it as a victory rally instead, a couple of thousand in the one square would at least give their pr team the ability to craft some pictures that made it look busy, it would only be missing out a few tram stops worth of streets after all.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:49:09 am by Skeeve »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #26410 on: May 24, 2022, 12:52:58 am »
You can almost see him thinking "What the fuck have I done to deserve this?" As Dim Glass has pointed out a few pages ago, he probably doesn't care that much looking at his bank account and his trophy count, but there'll still be this little voice in the back of his head asking whether that is what he dreamt of as a kid when he wanted to become a professional footballer. Parading a bought trophy through what looks like a nuclear wasteland with a handful of survivors standing there asking themselves what the fuck is going on. It's probably even worse when he sees what goes on in almost every other place after a football club has won a trophy.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26411 on: May 24, 2022, 12:58:28 am »
Considering the area of town they were in, I'd be quite surprised if the streets aren't normally busier than that when there isn't a parade on.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26412 on: May 24, 2022, 01:00:21 am »
You can almost see him thinking "What the fuck have I done to deserve this?" As Dim Glass has pointed out a few pages ago, he probably doesn't care that much looking at his bank account and his trophy count, but there'll still be this little voice in the back of his head asking whether that is what he dreamt of as a kid when he wanted to become a professional footballer. Parading a bought trophy through what looks like a nuclear wasteland with a handful of survivors standing there asking themselves what the fuck is going on. It's probably even worse when he sees what goes on in almost every other place after a football club has won a trophy.

De Bruyne grew up as a LFC fan. By his own words, he idolized Gerrard. Of course that he will be feeling empty, even though his bank account is full. Some things can't be bought ...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26413 on: May 24, 2022, 01:14:46 am »

...You do have to wonder why they didn't just do it as a victory rally instead, a couple of thousand in the one square would at least give their pr team the ability to craft some pictures that made it look busy, it would only be missing out a few tram stops worth of streets after all.

You'd think they'd have learned by now. Parades just embarrass them. As you said, holding something of a rally in a city square, with all attendees in one place, would at least give the illusion of a good turnout. These parades, although ridiculously short in length, make them look ridiculous. I know it's fitting, as they can't even fill their ground either, but you'd think their PR people would be all over it and trying to make them actually look popular, even though they clearly aren't.

Only having a fraction of Manchester is no excuse either. Everton, going by their own survey, only have a quarter of Liverpool, but I'd bet my life that if it was them having such a parade it would be a good few miles long and would blow this Abu Dhabi shambles out of the water for both attendance and passion.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26414 on: May 24, 2022, 01:29:10 am »

And the survivors have been left with hideous mutations.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26415 on: May 24, 2022, 02:35:16 am »
Strange isn’t it. Poor Kev. Imagine being one of the best players of his generation and ending up there, … on that bus, … looking at that crowd, in an unimaginative and sterile street in Manchester, … on a dull Monday evening

He has the look of a man who now knows how Sir John Gielgud felt when he ended up in the film Caligula

He left one sportswashing club, having been perennially loaned out to help cook the books, to join another. He knew what he was doing and who they were owned by, he deserves no sympathy for being at a soulless club. It's clear he's a pretty soulless guy.

Really amazing picture though. It's a bit of a tonic

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #26416 on: May 24, 2022, 02:54:08 am »
You lot are being too harsh on them. They are clearly just social distancing!  :-X

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26417 on: May 24, 2022, 02:56:10 am »
Epic parade . Didn’t even know it was happening. You’d have thought they’d rent  themselves a few fans by now. For the right money you could fill the place with passionate actors.

Heard a stat that it’s city’s 6th premier league title now. I only remember that aguerrooo one because sky never shut up about it, beating 10 men Qpr.  Still feels like a void season every time they win it. Their fans must feel the same way.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26418 on: May 24, 2022, 03:41:48 am »
What is going to really gall them is should we win Big Ears again Saturday, yes that will be #7, but it will also be that Jurgen has won 2 of the "easier to win than the League" whilst Pep has been in charge of City.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26419 on: May 24, 2022, 04:08:03 am »
Laughable. Nothing will ever top that Celebrating Together video but all the same, they really do have a knack of embarrassing themselves.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #26420 on: May 24, 2022, 05:23:21 am »
Loved this comment on the Guardian:

I want to nail this myth.

I am not bitter or jealous about Man City. I support a club that's as likely to win anything as Putin is to win the Nobel Peace Prize. The huge majority of supporters are in the same position. Success is a matter of scale. Non-league supporters will enjoy maybe knocking out a League team in the FA Cup, or a good run in the FA Vase. Rochdale or Mansfield fans will relish promotions out of the bottom tier. Huddersfield fans will be delighted if they win the playoffs. Everyone loves a derby win or coming from 1-0 down with ten men or whatever.

And when something truly astonishing does happen, like winning the League Cup in 2011, it's beyond ecstasy. It's a literal once-in-a-lifetime feeling. It's popping your cherry the day you go on the Space Shuttle. It's a feeling the supporter of a club which wins (in the broadest sense) a trophy more than every other year can never understand. Look at the whingeing from Man U or Arsenal because they're only scrabbling for 5th. They have no enjoyment from the game; winning is par for the course. The only emotion is disgust when things go ever so slightly wrong.

So I am not jealous or bitter about Man C's success. Because it's meaningless. When we won the League Cup there was (however tangential) some element of US winning it, because the fan money made a difference, it wasn't a billionaire throwing billions at the club. It was our thing, our has-beens and never weres, the Keith Faheys and the Cameron Jeromes who were suddenly major trophy winners. For that day it was our thing.

Man City? Nope. Just chuck it on the pile. Because you're all extras in someone else's show.

The only debate is what my emotions are. Is it hatred that someone with no concept of the social and ancestral aspects of what a football club means to a community decides consciously to destroy everyone else's hopes and dreams to buy a ticket to the human race? Or is it disgust that so many people who spent so many years detesting what Man U were doing suddenly do a 180 when they get the benefit? Or is it even pity that now doing the missionary job of wearing your team's shirt on holibobs is not "missionary" work but making you look the ultimate bandwagoner?

Not sure. I'm betting the huge majority is not jealous of a head of state buying what that majority was never going to get anyway. But Man City fans have to hide behind that idea that other fans or bitter or jealous to feed their supposed superiority. Trust me, we're not bitter or jealous. We are...contemptuous of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/may/23/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-premier-league-title-sky-blue-wash
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26421 on: May 24, 2022, 06:09:20 am »
Loved this comment on the Guardian:

I want to nail this myth.

I am not bitter or jealous about Man City. I support a club that's as likely to win anything as Putin is to win the Nobel Peace Prize. The huge majority of supporters are in the same position. Success is a matter of scale. Non-league supporters will enjoy maybe knocking out a League team in the FA Cup, or a good run in the FA Vase. Rochdale or Mansfield fans will relish promotions out of the bottom tier. Huddersfield fans will be delighted if they win the playoffs. Everyone loves a derby win or coming from 1-0 down with ten men or whatever.

And when something truly astonishing does happen, like winning the League Cup in 2011, it's beyond ecstasy. It's a literal once-in-a-lifetime feeling. It's popping your cherry the day you go on the Space Shuttle. It's a feeling the supporter of a club which wins (in the broadest sense) a trophy more than every other year can never understand. Look at the whingeing from Man U or Arsenal because they're only scrabbling for 5th. They have no enjoyment from the game; winning is par for the course. The only emotion is disgust when things go ever so slightly wrong.

So I am not jealous or bitter about Man C's success. Because it's meaningless. When we won the League Cup there was (however tangential) some element of US winning it, because the fan money made a difference, it wasn't a billionaire throwing billions at the club. It was our thing, our has-beens and never weres, the Keith Faheys and the Cameron Jeromes who were suddenly major trophy winners. For that day it was our thing.

Man City? Nope. Just chuck it on the pile. Because you're all extras in someone else's show.

The only debate is what my emotions are. Is it hatred that someone with no concept of the social and ancestral aspects of what a football club means to a community decides consciously to destroy everyone else's hopes and dreams to buy a ticket to the human race? Or is it disgust that so many people who spent so many years detesting what Man U were doing suddenly do a 180 when they get the benefit? Or is it even pity that now doing the missionary job of wearing your team's shirt on holibobs is not "missionary" work but making you look the ultimate bandwagoner?

Not sure. I'm betting the huge majority is not jealous of a head of state buying what that majority was never going to get anyway. But Man City fans have to hide behind that idea that other fans or bitter or jealous to feed their supposed superiority. Trust me, we're not bitter or jealous. We are...contemptuous of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/may/23/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-premier-league-title-sky-blue-wash

Great comment. Thanks for posting it.

I don't want to open Ronay's article, because he does my head in and I have a feeling its going to make me angry, so just out of interest, what was the thrust of it? - is it fawning and full of praise for them, or is it bringing up the sportswashing and meaninglessness? Given what this writer has produced before about Man City, I'm betting on the former.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #26422 on: May 24, 2022, 06:26:21 am »

I don't want to open Ronay's article, because he does my head in and I have a feeling its going to make me angry, so just out of interest, what was the thrust of it? - is it fawning and full of praise for them, or is it bringing up the sportswashing and meaninglessness? Given what this writer has produced before about Man City, I'm betting on the former.

You’re betting correctly. They’ve even managed to include a narrowly framed picture of the bus to make it look like there’s a huge turnout for the parade
Believer

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26423 on: May 24, 2022, 06:47:38 am »

Out of every sports writer he’s the worst. Makes out like he’s some maverick when he’s just a shill. He literally doesn’t even mention the money in there. Guardian sports are a sham and sit very weirdly with the rest of the paper. They’re to Man City what the Mail are to Johnson. Propaganda.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26424 on: May 24, 2022, 06:52:04 am »
Can't wait for the sequel to that YouTube video of their previous league win bought and paid for by some oil company.

Shout hoorah!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26426 on: May 24, 2022, 07:37:52 am »

You’re betting correctly. They’ve even managed to include a narrowly framed picture of the bus to make it look like there’s a huge turnout for the parade

OK, ta. Can anyone now telling me that Ronay is a great writer and stands up to sportswashing please fuck off in future? Cheers.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26427 on: May 24, 2022, 07:44:09 am »
Out of every sports writer he’s the worst. Makes out like he’s some maverick when he’s just a shill. He literally doesn’t even mention the money in there. Guardian sports are a sham and sit very weirdly with the rest of the paper. They’re to Man City what the Mail are to Johnson. Propaganda.

100% agree with all that. I've made my feelings clear on Ronay many times in here recently - his extremely irritating writing style, his absolute tap-in virtue signalling (after 20 years of saying nothing) over Chelsea, and his total unwillingness to see anything negative about Abu Dhabi/Man City are all absolutely teeth-grindingly annoying.

And its a great point about the Guardian's sports (and especially football) coverage being weirdly out of step with the rest of the paper. When it comes to real world news, it's unparalleled and I've thought many times that I should subscribe to financially reward it. But then their football writing is so spineless and pathetic - full of awful, clueless opinions, false equivalences and lauding of sportswashers - that I simply can't bring myself to pay for that.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #26428 on: May 24, 2022, 07:51:17 am »
Except David Conn of course. Hard to believe he's actually a Man City fan
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26429 on: May 24, 2022, 07:57:12 am »

Oh, but he DOES mention the money… in so far as he tries to excuse it.

Like how Abu Dhabi taking over a team and financially doping is actually very English:

In many ways it is simply the real world intruding. English culture, trade, economics, even the language has always been a magpie-ish thing, a business of export/import, borrowed talent, borrowed influences.

He goes in to call the ownership a “a modern economic marvel” and lauds their astute ownership and the infrastructure built around the club.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #26430 on: May 24, 2022, 07:58:47 am »
There will be more scousers in Paris on Saturday than there were Mancs at their sad parade last night.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26431 on: May 24, 2022, 08:13:46 am »
Considering the area of town they were in, I'd be quite surprised if the streets aren't normally busier than that when there isn't a parade on.

Deansgate was just full of homeless people last time I went unfortunately. Not just limited to piccadilly gardens any more. Probably cynically chosen to boost the crowd numbers

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26432 on: May 24, 2022, 08:14:02 am »
You'd think that 80 percent of PL and Championship clubs would have a bigger turnout than that.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26433 on: May 24, 2022, 08:16:43 am »
There will be more scousers in Paris on Saturday than there were Mancs at their sad parade last night.

10x more.

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26434 on: May 24, 2022, 08:21:32 am »

I can't stop looking at this picture.

Same here,it's so bleak and hopeless.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26435 on: May 24, 2022, 08:27:16 am »
You'd think that 80 percent of PL and Championship clubs would have a bigger turnout than that.

York City fans after winning the division 6 regional play offs at the weekend.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/resources/images/13806523.jpg?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:32:34 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26436 on: May 24, 2022, 08:36:08 am »
100% agree with all that. I've made my feelings clear on Ronay many times in here recently - his extremely irritating writing style, his absolute tap-in virtue signalling (after 20 years of saying nothing) over Chelsea, and his total unwillingness to see anything negative about Abu Dhabi/Man City are all absolutely teeth-grindingly annoying.

He wrote about eight consecutive hit pieces on Joe Root over the summer (effectively calling him a racist even after Rafiq was explicit he wasn't), yet he's never once said anything negative about City. And yes as you say on Chelsea he literally waited until after the fucking Tory Government had got rid of Abrahmovic before he said anything negative.

And he looks like Tim Lovejoy.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #26437 on: May 24, 2022, 09:03:43 am »

That's just so sad, isn't it? That should haunt any real football fan. What's it all for at the end of the season, if that's the interest in seeing the players and manager who have just won you the title? United should be careful what they wish for, at least at the moment they can muster a riot.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #26438 on: May 24, 2022, 09:05:15 am »

That picture accurately sums up City and their support... a non existent entity. They can't falsify their way out of that pathetic excuse for a parade. That is supposed to be the club that has the highest turnover in world football? It looks more like my nephews' under 10 game that falls on the coldest day of the year.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26439 on: May 24, 2022, 09:06:56 am »
The horrible thing is when Saudicastle do actually win something I can imagine them to have a decent turnout.

Shudders.