Author Topic: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting  (Read 6730204 times)

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Everton/FC Sexy - Daddy Day Care Fight Club
« Reply #37360 on: March 23, 2017, 12:06:48 pm »
 ;D Is that it? Mehhh.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/23/everton-waterfront-bramley-moore-dock-merseyside-stadium?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Everton have cleared the first hurdle in their attempt to build a new stadium on Liverpool’s waterfront by agreeing a deal to purchase land at Bramley Moore dock.

The Merseyside club have reached a financial agreement with Peel Holdings, the landowner, for their preferred location for a new home after 125 years at Goodison Park. No details of the deal with Peel have been disclosed, or about how Liverpool City Council will help facilitate the construction of a state-of-the-art stadium on north Liverpool docks. An announcement is expected on Thursday, following a council meeting.

Peel Holdings initially gave Everton a ball-park figure of £30m for the site, which forms part of a £5.5bn regeneration project the company has planned and called Liverpool Waters. The final price is expected to be lower, with Everton only acquiring the land once funding for the stadium is in place.

Confirmation that Everton have a deal in place for Bramley Moore – the club had also looked at relocating to Croxteth –will represent a significant step forward but the process remains a long way from completion. Farhad Moshiri, the club’s major shareholder who has pursued the more complicated and expensive option of moving to the banks of the Mersey, has still to acquire funding for the stadium and planning permission will also be needed before Everton can leave Goodison.

The Premier League club have overseen three failed stadium projects since the turn of the millennium – King’s Dock, Kirkby and Walton Hall park – but the arrival of Moshiri last February gave their intentions fresh impetus and financial support.

Liverpool’s mayor, Joe Anderson, is expected to confirm the deal with Peel and the extent of the council’s involvement after Thursday’s meeting.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37361 on: March 23, 2017, 12:06:55 pm »
Meltdown? Hardly  ;D

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37362 on: March 23, 2017, 12:15:26 pm »
Good luck to them with the new stadium if it happens.

But if they think it's going to elevate them into a top 4 spot and contenders at home and abroad they are dreaming,their owner doesn't seem to splash the cash and commercially their club is terrible and they just do not have a big reach worldwide for a fanbase that draws in big commercial deals.

They are lots of stadiums like that in Germany and France built in the last 10 years from the 2006 world cup and last year's Euros or so and none of those clubs have been elevated to challenging the likes of Bayern PSG longterm.

Turnover wise it might improve them to about 50 million a year from naming rights and match day revenue but that would still put them £150 million behind us and by the time that stadium is built the turnover gap will be even bigger between us from now until then.

Loving the giddyness at GoT though makes for good reading.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37363 on: March 23, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »
Dom King :

"It is not a foregone conclusion that Everton will end up at Bramley Moore Dock - they are yet to submit a planning application, something that is not expected to happen until the end of 2017 - but they are confident of being able to secure the funding to make the project a reality. Everton will only buy the land when they are sure they have funding in place."

;D How frightening. Lets all melt down!

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37364 on: March 23, 2017, 12:17:07 pm »
Head is firmly on my shoulders here folks.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #37365 on: March 23, 2017, 12:18:28 pm »
Proposals...Kings Dock, Kirkby Tesco's, Walton Park, Joint stadium, & ??

Finding the funding...0 for 4 so far.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #37366 on: March 23, 2017, 12:21:48 pm »
So Everton are looking into the possibility of building a new ground somewhere in the north of England....

Is that even news anymore?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37367 on: March 23, 2017, 12:32:55 pm »
Is ST renewal time here or something? I'm confused if this is even an update... haven't bought land, haven't got plans, haven't got planning permissions, haven't got any funding in place, haven't got a new stadium. They do have a nice blue wooden shed still and will for the foreseeable.

What exactly are we meant to be in meltdown about?

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37368 on: March 23, 2017, 12:34:05 pm »
Is ST renewal time here or something? I'm confused if this is even an update... haven't bought land, haven't got plans, haven't got planning permissions, haven't got any funding in place, haven't got a new stadium. They do have a nice blue wooden shed still and will for the foreseeable.

If your head hadn't already fallen off, you know.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37369 on: March 23, 2017, 12:37:01 pm »
If they build it by the river, they can use the wood from Goodison to build barges to transport the hundreds of thousands of fans currently marooned in France.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37370 on: March 23, 2017, 12:46:52 pm »

Indeed, surely more will come out with the council's update later or that's got to be one of the most underwhelming announcements ever, they'd built themselves up to hear exact details of funding and even pics of the new stadium. Pretty hilarious if it turns out to be that they *might* buy the land in the future. I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't the most arrogant, bitter fanbase on earth.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37371 on: March 23, 2017, 12:48:40 pm »
If they build it by the river, they can use the wood from Goodison to build barges to transport the hundreds of thousands of fans currently marooned in France.

And build a ferry to run from Rhyl on matchdays.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37372 on: March 23, 2017, 12:52:47 pm »
And build a ferry to run from Rhyl on matchdays.

And if they're feeling generous they can lend us some of the remainder so we can build neck braces to prevent our collective heads from falling off at such massive news.

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #37373 on: March 23, 2017, 12:52:56 pm »
Indeed, surely more will come out with the council's update later or that's got to be one of the most underwhelming announcements ever, they'd built themselves up to hear exact details of funding and even pics of the new stadium. Pretty hilarious if it turns out to be that they *might* buy the land in the future. I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't the most arrogant, bitter fanbase on earth.
And to think I was worried that Everton were going to let us down
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37374 on: March 23, 2017, 12:54:27 pm »
Is Anderson making an announcement after lunch? What time does that finish then, about 7pm?
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37375 on: March 23, 2017, 12:57:53 pm »
Haha. This is great.

There are people on GOT calling out RAWKites who are reading GOT whilst they read RAWK about us reading GOT.

This is like going on POF then seeing the person you just looked at is looking at you.

It's like being in Inception.

Hello NSNO-Chris!!!

Offline Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37376 on: March 23, 2017, 01:05:01 pm »
Buying without buying ..... all very Everton.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37377 on: March 23, 2017, 01:06:10 pm »
I once ventured on to GOT.

It reminded me when my niece was in the reception class at school and I went to pick her up once. I went in to get her and could hear all the kids talking to each other (shouting, more like), not much of it made sense, the level of English was pretty damn poor, and the majority of the stuff was clearly made up or vastly exaggerated but of course all the other kids would believe what each other were saying.

I still wonder to this day which one The Esk was.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37378 on: March 23, 2017, 01:06:38 pm »
Buying without buying ..... all very Everton.

Funding without Funding is very Everton.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37379 on: March 23, 2017, 01:08:33 pm »
Announcing without announcing.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #37380 on: March 23, 2017, 01:10:57 pm »

Viewing the thread for actual news and all you get is this shit! Amazing they are supposedly announcing a new stadium and pretty much every post on that thread is not "It will be amazing to have new facilities, we can finally progress" "Bring in more money to get better players" etc but "The RS heads" "RAWK says...". Really, really weird. Someone link me up to the meltdown too please, theres only been about 15 posts in this thread today, most of which were saying it was good for the city!

Had a look at a Spurs forum to see if little local neighbours are all the same but they just seem to be enjoying their good news on the stadium front and updating the thread on the progress rather than "Arsenal mania....." "Arsenal heads...." etc.

The decent posters must include me

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37381 on: March 23, 2017, 01:11:38 pm »
The decent posters must include me

Being a decent poster without being a decent poster

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #37382 on: March 23, 2017, 01:14:58 pm »
Here's the key bit for me...

"The final price is expected to be lower, with Everton only acquiring the land once funding for the stadium is in place."

So, just the small matter of £200m or so....
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37383 on: March 23, 2017, 01:18:34 pm »
Is that it? "We might buy a bit of land" is their massive announcement that's going to make us fewm and make Manuel Neuer and their other £100 million targets unable to turn them down? Pfft.

They've fallen for this sort of shit, at this time of year, every year for the last decade seemingly.  You'd think that by now even the dimmest Evertonian might have started to cotton on and become at least slightly cynical about it.

My head is well and truly on my shoulders.  It's baffled by them but it's still on.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37384 on: March 23, 2017, 01:18:35 pm »
bit gutted my heads still on my shoulders. Might have got some time off work, but sadly no...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37385 on: March 23, 2017, 01:19:17 pm »
Here's the key bit for me...

"The final price is expected to be lower, with Everton only acquiring the land once funding for the stadium is in place."

So, just the small matter of £200m or so....

£200m?

No chance they are building a 'state-of-the-art' 50k new stadium for anything less than £300m, if not much closer to £400m.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37386 on: March 23, 2017, 01:21:45 pm »
;D Is that it? Mehhh.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/23/everton-waterfront-bramley-moore-dock-merseyside-stadium?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Everton have cleared the first hurdle in their attempt to build a new stadium on Liverpool’s waterfront by agreeing a deal to purchase land at Bramley Moore dock.

The Merseyside club have reached a financial agreement with Peel Holdings, the landowner, for their preferred location for a new home after 125 years at Goodison Park. No details of the deal with Peel have been disclosed, or about how Liverpool City Council will help facilitate the construction of a state-of-the-art stadium on north Liverpool docks. An announcement is expected on Thursday, following a council meeting.

Peel Holdings initially gave Everton a ball-park figure of £30m for the site, which forms part of a £5.5bn regeneration project the company has planned and called Liverpool Waters. The final price is expected to be lower, with Everton only acquiring the land once funding for the stadium is in place.

Confirmation that Everton have a deal in place for Bramley Moore – the club had also looked at relocating to Croxteth –will represent a significant step forward but the process remains a long way from completion. Farhad Moshiri, the club’s major shareholder who has pursued the more complicated and expensive option of moving to the banks of the Mersey, has still to acquire funding for the stadium and planning permission will also be needed before Everton can leave Goodison.

The Premier League club have overseen three failed stadium projects since the turn of the millennium – King’s Dock, Kirkby and Walton Hall park – but the arrival of Moshiri last February gave their intentions fresh impetus and financial support.

Liverpool’s mayor, Joe Anderson, is expected to confirm the deal with Peel and the extent of the council’s involvement after Thursday’s meeting.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37388 on: March 23, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »
Is that it? "We might buy a bit of land" is their massive announcement that's going to make us fewm and make Manuel Neuer and their other £100 million targets unable to turn them down? Pfft.

They've fallen for this sort of shit, at this time of year, every year for the last decade seemingly.  You'd think that by now even the dimmest Evertonian might have started to cotton on and become at least slightly cynical about it.

My head is well and truly on my shoulders.  It's baffled by them but it's still on.

I think, in fairness, its a little bit more than that. It's step 1 of their plan and it suggests they are now committed. But it also leaves unanswered the question of size, transport links etc. The thing I don't get is why fans are so excited about having their stadium on the docks? I know it sounds nice to have it by a major waterway, but that is actually located in a really shitty part of the docks and is surrounded by factories and shipping containers. Also there is nowhere to park as far as I can see.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #37389 on: March 23, 2017, 01:24:45 pm »
bit gutted my heads still on my shoulders. Might have got some time off work, but sadly no...

Me at work today. Very tricky trying to get work done to be honest

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37390 on: March 23, 2017, 01:24:54 pm »

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37391 on: March 23, 2017, 01:25:12 pm »
I think, in fairness, its a little bit more than that. It's step 1 of their plan and it suggests they are now committed. But it also leaves unanswered the question of size, transport links etc. The thing I don't get is why fans are so excited about having their stadium on the docks? I know it sounds nice to have it by a major waterway, but that is actually located in a really shitty part of the docks and is surrounded by factories and shipping containers. Also there is nowhere to park as far as I can see.

Costco car park?
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #37392 on: March 23, 2017, 01:25:15 pm »

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37393 on: March 23, 2017, 01:25:59 pm »

Can we not get a new 'head falling off' smiley added to the list? ;D

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37394 on: March 23, 2017, 01:26:06 pm »
It's step 1 of their plan and it suggests they are now committed.

Committed?

It specifically says they will not buy it until they have funding, which highly likely won't happen until they have plans and planning permission.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37395 on: March 23, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
Committed?

It specifically says they will not buy it until they have funding, which highly likely won't happen until they have plans and planning permission.
Yeah, but if they do get funding it will be on the docks and nowhere else. Thing is though, the docks are only 9 acres in size. Could you fit a 60,000 seater stadium on that site?  I mean Chelsea are having to be pretty clever to get the same number of seats on a 12 acre site.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37396 on: March 23, 2017, 01:37:03 pm »
They're barking up the wrong tree if they're trying to scare us, we know more about new stadium disappointment than probably any other club. Didn't we even own the land in Stanley Park where it was going to be?

They haven't even got concept art yet ;D

Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37397 on: March 23, 2017, 01:40:41 pm »
Heads will roll if this doesn't come off.
bollocks

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37398 on: March 23, 2017, 01:44:50 pm »
Yeah, but if they do get funding it will be on the docks and nowhere else. Thing is though, the docks are only 9 acres in size. Could you fit a 60,000 seater stadium on that site?  I mean Chelsea are having to be pretty clever to get the same number of seats on a 12 acre site.

Surely you're not suggesting that they haven't quite thought it through!

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37399 on: March 23, 2017, 01:45:43 pm »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes