Author Topic: Explosion reported on London Tube train  (Read 11246 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: Explosion reported on London Tube train
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2017, 09:57:05 pm »
I knew that c*nt.
Was at uni with him, would occasionally say hi, at that stage I would have picked a lot of people as potential terrorists, not him.....Its always the quiet ones.

A few of my mates went school with him, according to them he was always a bit of a fundamentalist.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2017, 10:12:53 pm »
A few of my mates went school with him, according to them he was always a bit of a fundamentalist.

When I was told what hed done, it took me a while to remember him, he was completely insignificant. I think his name was Asif, I knew one or 2 of his mates really well, they were in my engineering class, wed play pool between lessons, he would turn up and sit in the corner and watch, a fat kid in an oversized coat, never really said anything. 
There were far more dubious characters, proper hate preachers, they probably wouldnt get away with that brand of "free speach"now, I remember the main "preacher", a complete bin ladin look alike, with the clothes and the beard, a spitting image,  he once asked me where I lived , "why, you want to blow me up?" I said, "no, not you" he said.....chilling.
I heard he was actually arrested later on, on suspicion of fund raising for the taliban, and then completely changed his ways, no idea how true that was, weird times.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2017, 03:18:05 am »
More from the BBC. Snipping little bits, more on there obviously. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41327872

A third man has been arrested over Friday's Tube attack in Parsons Green.

The 25-year-old was arrested in Newport, south Wales, on Tuesday evening, Scotland Yard said. An address in Newport is being searched.

The 25-year-old was arrested under section 41 of the Terrorism Act.

The arrest was carried out by the Met's Counter-Terrorism Command, supported by Gwent Police and the Welsh Extremism and Counter-Terrorism Unit.

The 18-year-old arrested man is thought to have lived in a foster home owned by Ronald and Penelope Jones in Sunbury-on-Thames.

He is thought to have moved to the UK from Iraq aged 15 when his parents died.

The BBC has learnt that he had been referred to an anti-extremist programme before his arrest.

It is not known who made the referral and when - or how serious the concerns were.

Sources did not name the flagship Prevent programme, but it is thought that this is the mostly likely case as the referral for help was at local authority level.

The 21-year-old man, believed to be Syrian-born Yahyah Farroukh, was also arrested on Saturday.

Mr Farroukh worked at Aladdins chicken shop in Hounslow, and has been described as a former foster child who had lived in the Jones's house.

Mr Farroukh posted a picture on his Instagram page in May this year with a suitcase on Cavendish Road, Sunbury, almost directly outside the Jones's house.

As with other times this is happened, it's a huge fucking leap from 'being known to authorities' and 'being under 24 hour surveillance'. Would still be fascinating to know whether Trump knew via official channels or whether he was just mouthing off. Can understand HMG wanting to be circumspect, while the investigation is underway, about confirming, but the 'pure speculation' line creeps a little too close to mendacity rather than evasion.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2017, 01:52:54 pm »
There's been another 2 arrested in Newport.  Only 10 mins walk from my house.