Author Topic: Russian Jet Downed by Turkey *  (Read 28559 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Russian Jet Downed by Turkey *
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2015, 06:51:59 pm »

The Russians saying it was hit 1km inside Syrian territory. This is a map of the flight-path apparently, which would have been an 11-second incursion.
And the Turks managed to shout "Do one Russkie" ten times. And within an hour or so Obama says, the Turks had the right to shoot....

I was a miner, I was a docker
I was a railway man between the wars
I raised a family in times of austerity
With sweat at the foundry between the wars

I paid the union and as times got harder
I looked to the government to help the working man
But they brought prosperity down at the armoury
We're arming for peace, me boys between the wars

I kept the faith and I kept voting
Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand
For theirs is a land with a wall around it
And mine is a faith in my fellow man

Theirs is a land of hope and glory
Mine is the green field and the factory floor
Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers
And mine is the peace we knew between the wars

Call up the craftsmen, bring me the draftsmen
Build me a path from cradle to grave
And I'll give my consent to any government
That does not deny a man a living wage

Go find the young men never to fight again
Bring up the banners from the days gone by
Sweet moderation, heart of this nation
Desert us not, we are between the wars

Read more: Billy Bragg - Between The Wars Lyrics | MetroLyrics
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2015, 06:53:30 pm »
I just see incidents like this now and just wonder what's next.  One new thing to another and often either over imaginary people or imagined land borders.

Religion and nationality, fucking hell.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2015, 06:59:39 pm »
It's starting to remind me of Yorky's 37 Days.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2015, 07:00:22 pm »
Just rename the thread "the end of the world is nigh"
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2015, 07:12:49 pm »
As a 46 year old man with a 5 year old and a 9 year old,  I have to ask myself whether it was a good idea bringing them into this world ......Jesus H Christ , where is this going to lead to ?
Grandchildren.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2015, 07:14:02 pm »
russia is saying 1 pilot died, turks say both alive and turkmans in syria saying both dead.
given that soldiers in parachute are shot by turkmans in syria, i go with their info.

edit: here is the video of dead russian soldier.

mod edit: Do not post videos of dead soldiers, insurgents or anyone else on here. This is a football site first and foremost. If anyone wants to watch propoganda or other videos released there are literally hundreds of sites you can find them. RAWK will not be one of them. Anyone from this point on posting videos or photographs will be banned.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:23:32 pm by Claire. »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2015, 07:20:59 pm »
Russians putting out their version of where the plane was.

One of those radar tracks is not like the other one. One of those radar tracks just has to be wrong.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2015, 07:23:09 pm »
Turkey are idiots who should be kicked out of nato for backing isis via funding them by buying their oil, killing the kurds who are trying to actually defeat isis and for generally being fuck wits lately. Hope we and the rest of the western world don't back them.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2015, 07:23:10 pm »
The Russians do like to stir up some shit don't they. The whole region is just such a fucking mess, though.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2015, 07:27:46 pm »
The Russians do like to stir up some shit don't they. The whole region is just such a fucking mess, though.

This one seems to be fairly squarely on the Turkish and not the Russians.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2015, 07:33:12 pm »
It's starting to remind me of Yorky's 37 Days.

It was obvious that one was going to end in war given he put Emperor Palpatine in charge.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »
And the Turks managed to shout "Do one Russkie" ten times. And within an hour or so Obama says, the Turks had the right to shoot....

I was a miner, I was a docker
I was a railway man between the wars
I raised a family in times of austerity
With sweat at the foundry between the wars

I paid the union and as times got harder
I looked to the government to help the working man
But they brought prosperity down at the armoury
We're arming for peace, me boys between the wars

I kept the faith and I kept voting
Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand
For theirs is a land with a wall around it
And mine is a faith in my fellow man

Theirs is a land of hope and glory
Mine is the green field and the factory floor
Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers
And mine is the peace we knew between the wars

Call up the craftsmen, bring me the draftsmen
Build me a path from cradle to grave
And I'll give my consent to any government
That does not deny a man a living wage

Go find the young men never to fight again
Bring up the banners from the days gone by
Sweet moderation, heart of this nation
Desert us not, we are between the wars

Read more: Billy Bragg - Between The Wars Lyrics | MetroLyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUA3RU4B8E
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2015, 07:48:01 pm »
Did they change their borders when no one was looking?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2015, 07:49:24 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2015, 07:50:02 pm »

Two to tango and all that but they violated Turkish airspace (apparently) so there's no excusing them. They knew the potential consequences and did it anyway. They don't violate air space, there is no issue. Assuming that they did violate airspace, that is.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2015, 07:54:25 pm »
Two to tango and all that but they violated Turkish airspace (apparently) so there's no excusing them. They knew the potential consequences and did it anyway. They don't violate air space, there is no issue. Assuming that they did violate airspace, that is.
But surely you should take into context what is happening in syria and why russia are so close to their border?

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2015, 07:55:05 pm »
Did they change their borders when no one was looking?

They were well within their right to shoot down the jjet, sure. But they shouldn't have and the escalation is purely on Turkish shoulders.

It was in Turkish airspace for 11 seconds, and only ever headed back towards Syrian territory. Missle-lock, buzz it, send another angry letter to the Russian ambassador. Now they've just opened a hornet's nest. There's zero gain for Turkey.

I'm sure their bombing runs on Syrian Kurds will be several factors more dangerous for the pilots now, too. Just all a bit silly from Turkey, ain't it. And those Turkmen they swore to protect, good luck with that now.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »
We're all gonna die soon.

Defo - I reckon within the next 50 years, most of us posting in this thread will be dead.  Although if Putin is left to his own devices it could well bring that figure down significantly...

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2015, 08:08:02 pm »
But surely you should take into context what is happening in syria and why russia are so close to their border?

Why? And they are bombing rebels not Isis which makes me even less sympathetic.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2015, 08:10:02 pm »

And the oil Turkey are buying from ISIS?

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2015, 08:13:23 pm »
They were well within their right to shoot down the jjet, sure. But they shouldn't have and the escalation is purely on Turkish shoulders.
Flying into Turkish airspace was the escalation - last month Turkey shot down a Russian drone, didn't they? Russia escalated, this was the response.

It was in Turkish airspace for 11 seconds, and only ever headed back towards Syrian territory. Missle-lock, buzz it, send another angry letter to the Russian ambassador. Now they've just opened a hornet's nest. There's zero gain for Turkey.
Two things - 1) If it was only 11 secs it shows how easily they could have flown around the area in question, but they chose not to. 2) Today it's 11 secs. Next week it's 20 secs. The week after, 30secs. Or maybe two planes for 11 secs at the same. Allowing this would have set a dangerous precedent for Turkey.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2015, 08:16:02 pm »
I think you'll find all sides like to do that, mate. And that's why the whole world is in a mess. But as for the middle east, I've been watching this go on since the 80's now.

First real notice I took of it, around about the time she called Nelson Mandella a Terrorist, Margaret Thatcher called some Afghan Geezers, "Freedom Fighters."

They called themselves the Mujahadeen. Ronnie and Maggie sent the CIA and SAS to arm them and show them how to bring down Russian Tanks and Helicopters. The Russians fucked off home. The Mujahadeen changed it's name to the Tali Ban and Al Queida. Our Estate got flooded with cheap smack. And it's gone on and on and on ever since.

The faces and names have changed, but the one constant... smack, oil and arms kept getting traded, at lower and lower prices, and a handful of people made more and more money.

Ever feel like an over played piano?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2015, 08:18:48 pm »
Bombing rebels say who? and are their such things as "just rebels" In syria now?

It's very clear now their is an extreme fine line. a lot of the so called rebels are "isis" members, their is no such thing as the free Syria army either.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2015, 08:19:20 pm »
the rest of the western world don't back them.

The USA have already backed Turkey.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2015, 08:19:42 pm »
Quote from: zero zero

Its not an escalation. They've been doing it before and the Turks have been responding proportionally, by not shooting it down. Now like I said, if it happened - intentionally or otherwise - who are we to say that Turkey can't open fire? It was still mind-boggingly stupid though. There was no need, no threat to Turkish territory and no benefit from it whichever way you look at it.

Turkey just made everybody's lives a lot harder, and especially their own.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:23:26 pm by El_Pistolero »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2015, 08:21:15 pm »
Flying into Turkish airspace was the escalation - last month Turkey shot down a Russian drone, didn't they? Russia escalated, this was the response.
Two things - 1) If it was only 11 secs it shows how easily they could have flown around the area in question, but they chose not to. 2) Today it's 11 secs. Next week it's 20 secs. The week after, 30secs. Or maybe two planes for 11 secs at the same. Allowing this would have set a dangerous precedent for Turkey.
I can step over the River Alt. Walking round it would take me a day or two.

Right that's me. I'm off. I'll be getting put down as Putin's Patsy next. The truth is... they're all c*nts, every man jack of them, including Putin. And we're all being conned and robbed, for the ends of sinister, greedy bastards on all sides.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2015, 08:21:38 pm »

I guess Turkey would know a lot about respecting air space, what with their 50+ violations in the last year.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2015, 08:37:25 pm »
Its not an escalation. They've been doing it before and the Turks have been responding proportionally, by not shooting it down. Now like I said, if it happened - intentionally or otherwise - who are we to say that Turkey can't open fire? It was still mind-boggingly stupid though. There was no need, no threat to Turkish territory and no benefit from it whichever way you look at it.

Turkey just made everybody's lives a lot harder, and especially their own.
That's NATO airspace. It might not have been a unilateral decision.
I guess Turkey would know a lot about respecting air space, what with their 50+ violations in the last year.
Look I'm not here to defend Turkey.

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2015, 08:40:27 pm »
That's NATO airspace. It might not have been a unilateral decision.

NATO doesn't have any airspace. Its Turkeys decision and theirs only and since Turkish jets shot it down, that's all that matters really.

R

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2015, 08:53:11 pm »
The aircraft was flying over hostile territory,who knows what kind of shit was getting fired at them,

they would also be flying quite fast so an incursion into Turkish airspace would more than likely be due to error especially when it was for only 11 seconds. 

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2015, 08:54:38 pm »
Look I'm not here to defend Turkey.
They can defend themselves.

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2015, 08:56:52 pm »
Dear goodness..

What the hell are the Turks doing?

Fucking hell...  Fucking madness
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Weby72.

• Kopite
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:33 pm »
I think you'll find all sides like to do that, mate. And that's why the whole world is in a mess. But as for the middle east, I've been watching this go on since the 80's now.

First real notice I took of it, around about the time she called Nelson Mandella a Terrorist, Margaret Thatcher called some Afghan Geezers, "Freedom Fighters."

They called themselves the Mujahadeen. Ronnie and Maggie sent the CIA and SAS to arm them and show them how to bring down Russian Tanks and Helicopters. The Russians fucked off home. The Mujahadeen changed it's name to the Tali Ban and Al Queida. Our Estate got flooded with cheap smack. And it's gone on and on and on ever since.

The faces and names have changed, but the one constant... smack, oil and arms kept getting traded, at lower and lower prices, and a handful of people made more and more money.

Don't omit the insidious involvement of the truly scumbaggish Saudis. They were the ones chiefly bankrolling the Mujahidin terrorists. They bankrolled al Qaeda. They created IS to act as their proxy militia to fight Iran-backed Shias and, in a wider geopolitical sense, stimy the OPEC-circumventing oil ambitions of the Russia-Iran axis.

This bunch of inbred arab hypocrits, who whore, drink & coke their way around the world, use their petro-wealth to hold guns to the heads of countries like the UK and even the US.

They are the biggest funders of terrorism in the world right now, and are exporting their particularly perverted brand of a religion that is already pretty fucked-up (IMHO).

If it weren't for an aversion to having to spend half my salary on fuel, I'd advocate turning the entire region into a vast glass car park.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:23:25 pm by Weby72 »

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2015, 09:46:47 pm »
Daily Mirror now quoting a Russian military analyst who suggests this will lead to "nuclear war "  ::)

Not that they're trying to scare us or anything  :o

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2015, 10:10:24 pm »

You're a lot younger than me then Leo. I remember the Six Day War in 67, The Palestinian Terrorism if the 70s including the Israeli athletes being murdered at the Munich Olympics. I remember the overthrow if the Shah and the Iranian Revolution. I remember the Russians scaring the shit out of me when they invaded Afghanistan on Christmas Eve 1979 long before the wall came down. And I remember their puppet government murdering tens of thousands of political prisoners...

Thatcher and Papa Bush have a lot to answer fit but the problems in the Middle East didn't start in the eighties. It goes back to the post war breakup of the British Empire, before that to the mistakes of various colonial powers, to the petty and major conflicts between Arabs and non Arabs and different sects of Islam. If you include Afghanistan you have to factor in the results of Independence in India and the ongoing consequences of Partition. If you want you could go back to the Pharaoh expelling the 12 tribes from Egypt.

The problems we face today have many causes and none of us should be using the appalling death toll (in the millions) for cheap political point scoring.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:12:04 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2015, 10:12:04 pm »
Don't omit the insidious involvement of the truly scumbaggish Saudis. They were the ones chiefly bankrolling the Mujahidin terrorists. They bankrolled al Qaeda. They created IS to act as their proxy militia to fight Iran-backed Shias and, in a wider geopolitical sense, stimy the OPEC-circumventing oil ambitions of the Russia-Iran axis.

This bunch of inbred arab hypocrits, who whore, drink & coke their way around the world, use their petro-wealth to hold guns to the heads of countries like the UK and even the US.

They are the biggest funders of terrorism in the world right now, and are exporting their particularly perverted brand of a religion that is already pretty fucked-up (IMHO).

If it weren't for an aversion to having to spend half my salary on fuel, I'd advocate turning the entire region into a vast glass car park.

As I'm sure you can tell from the post, Weby, I was being unfunnily sarcastic. But the truth's in there, we're being played like pianos by sinister shites. And the Saudi's are right up the top of the sinister shites list.

As for drugs... Iran/Contra, Olly North, "Coalition Forces," guarding the poppy crops and moving the skag, it's been going on for 40 years. 

We could go on and on about the machinations. But that's it, bottom line, we're being played like pianos. Simplistic nonsense... not according to Harry Patch, Smedley Butler and the millions upon millions of Veterans from all sides, used as cannon fodder through out this perpetual century of War.

How we stop it is the question. And I'm first to admit, I've no idea. But while we've got this system it will never stop.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2015, 10:12:56 pm »
Sorry - but autocorrect can go duck itself.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2015, 10:16:41 pm »
The USA have already backed Turkey.

Think that was a given considering they've got a couple of military bases in Turkey.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2015, 10:20:04 pm »
Turkey keen to dissuade Russia from bombing the opposition it has trained?

Syria is fucking complicated man.

I always check the chart although does not include the dark relationships.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:03 pm »
I always check the chart although does not include the dark relationships.

Thats looks a complicated mess and thats without adding the Kurds Russia UK France etc .

No worries though, Dave the pig botherer has a cunning plan and its as "cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University"   :)