Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1045716 times)

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Iain Dowie on commentary for our match tonight, fuck me. Didn't necessarily say anything wrong (apart from one moment where he completely contradicted himself), but the constant stuttering was annoying as fuck. Just talks nonstop without thinking.

I actually thought he was quality, unbiased, gave good accurate assessments throughout the game and spoke a lot of sense

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
He’s actually a good listen and he clearly loves the game. But, fuck me, give your mouth a rest for five minutes :D
AHA!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
He’s actually a good listen and he clearly loves the game. But, fuck me, give your mouth a rest for five minutes :D

Without context, that could be misinterpreted.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Iain Dowie is a good fella. As commentators go he's one of the finest.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I quite like him  ;D

Think he’s pretty genuine, just a bit thick but hearts in the right place.

Haha Im taking shit in a whatsapp group for saying almost exactly this. He's an enthusiastic simpleton, bless him

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
He’s definitely far from the worst I’ve heard. In fact was happy to hear it was him when got the stream going.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Iain Dowie on commentary for our match tonight, fuck me. Didn't necessarily say anything wrong (apart from one moment where he completely contradicted himself), but the constant stuttering was annoying as fuck. Just talks nonstop without thinking.

Sounded like he was doing a crap Bruce Forsyth impression at times.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
You'd never think Steve Nicol played for us the moaning bastard. Whinging about Klopp's team selection after we've just won 3-1.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
He’s definitely far from the worst I’ve heard. In fact was happy to hear it was him when got the stream going.

Every time I watch us on a stream I'm happy providing Gary Birtles isn't on it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
You'd never think Steve Nicol played for us the moaning bastard. Whinging about Klopp's team selection after we've just won 3-1.

majority of ex Liverpool player pundits seem to be like that, mostly insufferable, moaning, whinging bastards, who love nothing more than to have a dig or add more pressure onto the manager and team.

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
I like Dowie. Sounds like he genuinely loves football and has a nice line in self-deprecation too.

Any time I've heard him he's very complimentary to LFC without being fawning.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shout out to Lawro.

Has yet to predict Manchester United to lose this season.  His league table at the bottom of this page has them on 12 wins and 2 draws from 14.  But is in effect 13 wins and 2 draws as he had them down to beat Arsenal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46361785

He's got them on 41 points.  Just 18 out.   ;D

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Iain Dowie has a Masters degree in engineering.

He’s a good egg, however ‘old school’ his views on coaching and management.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Has Ian Dowie got a plum in his mouth?

He's canny posh like.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4054 on: December 14, 2018, 10:37:36 pm »
Just watching the Bournemouth highlights again and I have to say Martin Tyler is a right prick. Kept banging on about the offside goal, barely raised his voice for Salahs second and was genuinely upset when Cook scored the own goal. Sooner he pisses off the better.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online crichton

• Main Stander
  • Earn The Right
« Reply #4055 on: December 15, 2018, 05:51:11 am »
Jim Beglin.   Boils my piss like you wouldn’t believe. Stick him on the list there so I can vote for the fucker. Boils my piss!!!!!
15 years on RAWK and I’m grateful for every post. Wandering Red finally back home.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4056 on: December 15, 2018, 09:22:42 am »
Just watching the Bournemouth highlights again and I have to say Martin Tyler is a right prick. Kept banging on about the offside goal, barely raised his voice for Salahs second and was genuinely upset when Cook scored the own goal. Sooner he pisses off the better.

Martin Tyler will be worse tomorrow, you watch him having a wankfest over everything the Mancs do, hoping we get beat. :butt
#Sausages

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4057 on: December 17, 2018, 01:20:09 am »
Martin Tyler again, other than when they scored, sounding like somebody had broke into his house on Christmas day and pissed on his kids.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: December 17, 2018, 05:58:12 am »
Martin Tyler again, other than when they scored, sounding like somebody had broke into his house on Christmas day and pissed on his kids.
Alex? But surely he has a key?
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4059 on: December 17, 2018, 09:51:21 am »

You have a fantastic way with words.

Him, combined with Neville almost in tears after the game, was brilliant. I do this Neville speaks a lot of sense at times but it was nice to see at the same time.

On the topic of this thread, I do enjoy Roy Keane in punditry, says it how it is which is probably why he's failed as a manager in this day and age.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: December 17, 2018, 11:53:19 am »
And its Liveeeeeeeeeee

Its 2018, hardly something to brag about

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #4061 on: December 17, 2018, 12:11:35 pm »
Tyler is laughable, although I didn't think he was that bad yesterday (in parts), for me though, when Henderson scored that worldy against Chelsea, he was practically in tears!

Jonathan Pearce gets on my fooking tits, clown was commentating on robots and now all of a sudden thinks he's the font of all knowledge on the game.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: December 17, 2018, 12:11:46 pm »

On the topic of this thread, I do enjoy Roy Keane in punditry, says it how it is which is probably why he's failed as a manager in this day and age.

Says it how it is?

Clyne was a link weak and a terrible defender prior to yesterdays game according to him

He tells it how HE thinks it is. Which explains why he constantly fails as a manager.

He's paid to go on the telly purely in the hope he will say something controversial and maybe even thump someone live on air.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4063 on: December 17, 2018, 12:55:38 pm »
Says it how it is?

Clyne was a link weak and a terrible defender prior to yesterdays game according to him

He tells it how HE thinks it is. Which explains why he constantly fails as a manager.

He's paid to go on the telly purely in the hope he will say something controversial and maybe even thump someone live on air.

didn't say he was necessarily correct in all he says, it's more that he's not afraid to see how he see's it instead of the generic repetitive nonsense you heard from most pundits all singing from the same sheet.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4064 on: December 21, 2018, 02:00:32 pm »
Don’t know where to post this...anyone had the misfortune of tuning into SSN live from their Christmas party this afternoon? Truly a new low.
AHA!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: December 21, 2018, 02:02:48 pm »
Don’t know where to post this...anyone had the misfortune of tuning into SSN live from their Christmas party this afternoon? Truly a new low.

Did Jim White photocopy his arse?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: December 21, 2018, 02:46:42 pm »
Garth Crooks, Danny Mills, Jermaine Jenas. Worst game of shag/marry/kill

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #4067 on: December 21, 2018, 03:29:32 pm »
Merson on tonight's game:

‘It’s a nice big pitch for Liverpool…’

Pesky fact, it's literally the smallest pitch in the Prem.

From Mediawatch
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: December 23, 2018, 03:51:44 pm »
Garth Crooks, Danny Mills, Jermaine Jenas. Worst game of shag/marry/kill

I think Jenas should be nowhere near those other two especially Danny Mills. Obviously it's subjective but I think Jenas is decent. Mills on the other hand is not only a terrible pundit but seems like a dreadful person.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: December 23, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »
I think Jenas should be nowhere near those other two especially Danny Mills. Obviously it's subjective but I think Jenas is decent. Mills on the other hand is not only a terrible pundit but seems like a dreadful person.

Crooks spouts total shite but I wouldn’t call him a nasty person. Likewise Jenas, seems like an alright bloke but just dull as dishwater.

Danny Mills? Total c*nt of a human being all round. Pity the sad wankers who have to spend Christmas with that tit.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4070 on: December 23, 2018, 09:40:21 pm »
How the fuck is that tory quilt Mark Lawrenson on the LFC channel? Should be fucked off with the snide shit he has come out with over the years. After the Wolves game on the LFC channel he was on the reaction show with Babb and McAteer and it was brutal. The host mentions about how it was great seeing TAA in the away crowd and asked Lawro about would a player have done that in your day to which Lawro replied no because they would probably be killed cue 30 seconds of uncomfortable television were the host tried to move on but Lawro says the same thing again about fans were killing each other. Nice one Mark repeating the Tory and establishment agenda of de-humanising the football fan in the 80's. This is the same c*nt who in his column in the mirror said Rafa Benitez was using the Hillsborough disaster to get support from the fans and who can forget in the Arsenal cup game commentating for the BBC saying 'can we get back to the football now' after the fans protest. Horrible twat.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: December 25, 2018, 09:28:28 pm »
Crooks spouts total shite but I wouldn’t call him a nasty person. Likewise Jenas, seems like an alright bloke but just dull as dishwater.

Danny Mills? Total c*nt of a human being all round. Pity the sad wankers who have to spend Christmas with that tit.

I can't stand Mills as a pundit or in the media, but I do feel sorry for what he and his wife went through and fair play to him for all the good work he has done since.
He lives just not too far from me, saw him in Aldi a few weeks ago so he can't be doing that well for himself or he'd be shopping in Waitrose.
Anyway, as a pundit he's a prick.....cant stand him. Leeds fans love him though, but they're mostly picks too.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: December 26, 2018, 12:28:11 am »
I can't stand Mills as a pundit or in the media, but I do feel sorry for what he and his wife went through and fair play to him for all the good work he has done since.
He lives just not too far from me, saw him in Aldi a few weeks ago so he can't be doing that well for himself or he'd be shopping in Waitrose.
Anyway, as a pundit he's a prick.....cant stand him. Leeds fans love him though, but they're mostly picks too.

Didn’t know that about his son which is awful - puts it in perspective so apologies for going overboard with the insult. Though I agree, still a god awful pundit.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4073 on: December 26, 2018, 04:45:06 am »
How the fuck is that tory quilt Mark Lawrenson on the LFC channel? Should be fucked off with the snide shit he has come out with over the years. After the Wolves game on the LFC channel he was on the reaction show with Babb and McAteer and it was brutal. The host mentions about how it was great seeing TAA in the away crowd and asked Lawro about would a player have done that in your day to which Lawro replied no because they would probably be killed cue 30 seconds of uncomfortable television were the host tried to move on but Lawro says the same thing again about fans were killing each other. Nice one Mark repeating the Tory and establishment agenda of de-humanising the football fan in the 80's. This is the same c*nt who in his column in the mirror said Rafa Benitez was using the Hillsborough disaster to get support from the fans and who can forget in the Arsenal cup game commentating for the BBC saying 'can we get back to the football now' after the fans protest. Horrible twat.

Agreed detested him ever since those remarks, & as i've said, offers nothing as a pundit either, he's always moaning with snide remarks then trying to become the comedian, awful pundit.
#Sausages

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: December 28, 2018, 01:55:57 am »
I always vote for the prick in here but Garth Crooks can get fucked, heres his latest words of wisdom

"Newcastle should know better than to place hands on Salah in the penalty area , especially at Anfield. Such incidents only result in spot kicks"

What a fat fuck. Why do I have to donate money to these morons wages.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #4075 on: December 28, 2018, 03:04:51 pm »
I always vote for the prick in here but Garth Crooks can get fucked, heres his latest words of wisdom

"Newcastle should know better than to place hands on Salah in the penalty area , especially at Anfield. Such incidents only result in spot kicks"

What a fat fuck. Why do I have to donate money to these morons wages.

I never liked Crooks as a player. He was all elbows when anyone tried to get near him. A big fish in the paddling pool of his mind.

He thinks he is articulate and erudite, but he is little more than an average player making a living creating clickbait for the BBC. As a player he hated Souness because his own idol Glenn Hoddle used to get played off the park by him. Better passer, better tackler, better player and leader, and Souey knew it.
I can only wonder if when a youngster at Spurs, Souness pissed on Garth’s box of donuts
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: December 28, 2018, 03:08:25 pm »
He'd still have ate them.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4077 on: December 28, 2018, 03:11:46 pm »
He'd still have ate them.

Prick - just beat me to it!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: December 28, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »
Iain Dowie doing colour commentary on the fourth or fifth choice NBC-SN broadcasts I find on streams... christ almighty. A fucking moron.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan