Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2769923 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #62880 on: January 17, 2022, 01:38:37 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62881 on: January 17, 2022, 01:39:00 am »
haha this game is wild

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62882 on: January 17, 2022, 01:39:05 am »
We gonna get wrecked so bad against Packers next week
Packers play a low possession style of game that is normally close and also cant stop the run

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62883 on: January 17, 2022, 02:06:38 am »
Dropping the ball twice on the same play is properly fucking dumb.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62884 on: January 17, 2022, 02:06:48 am »
Steelers TD!   Neither side look competent NFL teams at the moment, let alone play-off quality, but Steelers have scored first after 17 mins of play.  Abysmal play from both sides so far

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62885 on: January 17, 2022, 02:15:35 am »
That chiefs drive was like watching a completely different team compared to the rest of the half. Unstoppable.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62886 on: January 17, 2022, 02:36:38 am »
I cannot believe none of you guys have pointed out the crying woman in the Cowboys game!!

She was crying with four minutes to go cowboys about to get the ball back and three timeouts! Possibly one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in my life. Was she drunk crying?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62887 on: January 17, 2022, 02:44:29 am »
I cannot believe none of you guys have pointed out the crying woman in the Cowboys game!!

She was crying with four minutes to go cowboys about to get the ball back and three timeouts! Possibly one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in my life. Was she drunk crying?

Maybe she bet the under on penalties.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #62888 on: January 17, 2022, 02:53:01 am »
He was eons better than Jimmy tonight - and whilst it was a poor play by him sliding 1-2s too late, that's far more on the offensive play called - he'd have had to slide down immediately he got the 10 to give the officials a chance to catch up - whats the bleeing point of trying it, rather than giving a hot Dak 2 attempts at the end zone from 40ish.  Shouldn't have mattered, if on 4th an inches we had have set ourselves properly before sneaking - again something 100% on Jimmy G.  (we've not failed on a QB sneak on 4th an 1 yard ever under Jimmy G, we didn't need to rush it)

I didn't say Garoppolo was any better lol. Just think Dak is so overrated in general, middle of the road QB who'll never get you close to a superbowl.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #62889 on: January 17, 2022, 03:20:34 am »
Ah Mahomes, 5 TDs in 11 minutes
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62890 on: January 17, 2022, 05:50:09 am »
How 'bout them penalties?

Hope the 49ers can stop Green Bay.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #62891 on: January 17, 2022, 07:12:26 am »
Hopefully the Cowboys continue to Cowboy.
Narrator: The Cowboy did, in fact, continue to Cowboy.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #62892 on: January 17, 2022, 10:37:24 am »
Packers play a low possession style of game that is normally close and also cant stop the run

Yes. Our defence has improved massively but we still struggle with the run and our special teams are likely to do anything, apart from make a play. It's going to be a nail biter.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62893 on: January 17, 2022, 10:38:31 am »
Narrator: The Cowboy did, in fact, continue to Cowboy.

Inevitable really. Can't wait to drink Skip Bayless' salty tears later on tonight  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #62894 on: January 17, 2022, 12:43:48 pm »
Inevitable really. Can't wait to drink Skip Bayless' salty tears later on tonight  ;D

I'm disappointed with the result but you can't argue with them losing to penalties, bad game management & the offence starting slow again. I'm just surprised Zurlein didn't miss a FG just to tick all the "obvious problems that were ignored" boxes.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62895 on: January 17, 2022, 01:00:37 pm »
Haha, I'm waiting for the YouTube notification.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62896 on: January 17, 2022, 01:05:00 pm »
I didn't say Garoppolo was any better lol. Just think Dak is so overrated in general, middle of the road QB who'll never get you close to a superbowl.

Fair enough.  I never see him as over-rated - he seems to be rated as a "maybe top 10, maybe just outside the top 10" QB - seems perfectly reasonable to me - and his regular season seems to back this up - 37 TDs, 10 Ints, QB Rating of 104.2 across the season, and in 6 seasons, only once having a season QB Rating of under 95 (and even then, only 86.6 isn't that bad).  There are definitely worse QBs in the play-offs (Stafford, Jimmy G, Hurts, Carr, Tannehill, Big Ben) and in other teams who had decent enough seasons (Tua, Baker, Wentz, Herbert, Cousins, Hill) so seems odd to specifically focus on him being overrated and middle of the road.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62897 on: January 17, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62898 on: January 17, 2022, 02:58:14 pm »
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10024056-dak-prescott-on-fans-throwing-objects-at-refs-after-cowboys-loss-credit-to-them

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott disparaged fans for throwing bottles, debris at players. Then Prescott was told the fans were aiming for officiating crew. Prescott retracted. “A credit to them then.”

McCarthy and especially Dak being absolute dicks, and more than a little salty.

The more replays I see, the better a job the appears to have done. He even manhandled Dak and shoved the centre, who both fucked up getting the ball to the ref. Number 85 wasnt even lined up on scrimmage by the time the ref was barging in.

And to be fair, a team that tied a record of post-season penalties and had at least seven pre snap penalties is in no position to cast aspersions or condone violence against the old men who just did their jobs better than them
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:59:47 pm by Classycara »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62899 on: January 17, 2022, 03:15:30 pm »
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10024056-dak-prescott-on-fans-throwing-objects-at-refs-after-cowboys-loss-credit-to-them

McCarthy and especially Dak being absolute dicks, and more than a little salty.

The more replays I see, the better a job the appears to have done. He even manhandled Dak and shoved the centre, who both fucked up getting the ball to the ref. Number 85 wasnt even lined up on scrimmage by the time the ref was barging in.

And to be fair, a team that tied a record of post-season penalties and had at least seven pre snap penalties is in no position to cast aspersions or condone violence against the old men who just did their jobs better than them

Oh yeah - the ref was amazing. He sprinted back to set up the play - was probably stunned that the Cowboys made such a dumb call.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #62900 on: January 17, 2022, 03:24:51 pm »
what an idiot, it's not their fault he couldn't stop running and that he did that
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62901 on: January 17, 2022, 04:00:45 pm »
many things get said straight after a game.

but they need to look closer to home for the reasons they lost.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62902 on: January 17, 2022, 04:09:43 pm »

Indeed, lack of discipline cost them as well as poor game plan, far too many penalties given away pre snap, that last play, throw it to the endzone or ob, so at least you can run another play, which you can then throw it, how can you forget that you have to give the officials the ball, for them then to place the ball, after every play, Cowboys choked big time, like has been mentioned can't wait for the tears of Skip Bayless later on, on youtube site. ;D
#Sausages

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62903 on: January 17, 2022, 07:27:23 pm »

Yes but it's usually whinging about this or that, or being a bit too direct about how fucked off they are with a decision. I think condoning violence against a ref oversteps the line by a long way. I remember Mourinho doing less, and it leading to piled on death threats.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62904 on: January 17, 2022, 08:54:17 pm »
Yes. Our defence has improved massively but we still struggle with the run and our special teams are likely to do anything, apart from make a play. It's going to be a nail biter.
Honestly I dont think the defense is very good, it probably average or slightly below that protected a lot by the offense. It is #22 in DVOA, Pass D is 15 in Pass Defense DVOA and Rush is 28th. Maybe Alexander helps and Smith too but yea the offense keeping the ball away really helps Defense

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62905 on: January 17, 2022, 09:19:13 pm »
Honestly I dont think the defense is very good, it probably average or slightly below that protected a lot by the offense. It is #22 in DVOA, Pass D is 15 in Pass Defense DVOA and Rush is 28th. Maybe Alexander helps and Smith too but yea the offense keeping the ball away really helps Defense

Oh it's not world beating, but from where it was it has certainly improved a lot. Maybe the stats don't back that up but just as a fan watching with a limited knowledge of the game/stats it feels more secure. Not Bears 85 secure but this iteration seems to be more secure than pervious versions. Smith and Alexander would be a massive help.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62906 on: January 17, 2022, 11:33:49 pm »
Oh it's not world beating, but from where it was it has certainly improved a lot. Maybe the stats don't back that up but just as a fan watching with a limited knowledge of the game/stats it feels more secure. Not Bears 85 secure but this iteration seems to be more secure than pervious versions. Smith and Alexander would be a massive help.
I think it been helped by Turnovers a lot. It probably they just playing more off Zone Coverage to avoid getting beat deep.
Even the Weighted DVOA didnt help it was still 22nd.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #62907 on: January 18, 2022, 12:39:05 am »
Will be making sure no meetings/calls are in the diary Monday morning with Bills game 11:30 on Sunday.

Rams have best chance against Bucs I reckon, if Stafford turns up then think they can get past Cardinals.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62908 on: January 18, 2022, 12:44:43 am »
In other news, the Raiders have fired there GM Mayock.
#Sausages

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #62909 on: January 18, 2022, 01:01:54 am »
The Mayock thing was kind of expected when his daughter tweeted thanks to the fans about 2 days ago.

It is what it is I suppose. Always hard to tell which draft busts were his or Gruden's. But admitting to gamble precious drafts for a struggling franchise on someone like Arnette (when he knew he had troubles) was just par for the course dumb Raider front office.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62910 on: January 18, 2022, 01:54:49 am »
Abysmal start by Cardinals
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #62911 on: January 18, 2022, 02:32:01 am »
Abysmal start by Cardinals

And getting worse
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62912 on: January 18, 2022, 02:34:03 am »
Dreadful by Murray, take the safety.
#Sausages

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62913 on: January 18, 2022, 02:38:53 am »
Absolute carnage 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #62914 on: January 18, 2022, 02:47:32 am »
Cards can't get anything going on offence
#Sausages

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62915 on: January 18, 2022, 02:54:47 am »
Dreadful by Murray, take the safety.

Utter stupidity. It’s an underhanded attempt to toss the ball away while being dragged down…good god.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62916 on: January 18, 2022, 09:12:24 am »
Rams @ Bucs is going to be a great game!

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #62917 on: January 18, 2022, 09:14:20 am »
in a way, feels like almost been waiting for these 8 teams since midseason.

Cardinals really fell about (again) mid-season, last year Kyler shoulder, this year Hopkins.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62918 on: January 18, 2022, 09:23:11 am »
I know very little about NFL, although I really enjoy watching it, but I find it amazing that outside of the QB individual players can make such a massive difference to the fortunes of a team. With the QB it makes sense, it's clearly a very hard position to play and you need outrageous ability in all sorts of different ways. But when the likes of Hopkins gets injured and your whole offence goes to pot... how is it that a position that is seemingly mostly about being a physical specimen and having great hand eye coordination can see such colossal levels between players such that the backups for Hopkins can't do close to what he does. This applies to loads of positions. Some players are just WAY better at rushing the passer than others, but why? You'd of thought, from an ignorant lay person's perspective, that it's basically all down to physical attributes, but it clearly isn't, because the physical differences between a Hopkins and whoever has replaced him is probably tiny, but the difference in outcome is massive. I guess there are skill elements of being a receiver that I just don't see or understand but even these must be pretty small and in lots of ways, 'in the head', rather than much obvious technical superiority.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #62919 on: January 18, 2022, 09:39:20 am »
in a way, feels like almost been waiting for these 8 teams since midseason.

Cardinals really fell about (again) mid-season, last year Kyler shoulder, this year Hopkins.

It's not down to individual players, kingsbury has a record of his teams falling apart towards the end of seasons going back to his college coaching days. It's a weird pattern but it does seem to happen every single season.

Mayock being binned is no surprise because he was Gruden's man and there's no point in him being there not Gruden's gone.