Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Ancelotti?

No thanks. Absolute tramp
LOL you are crazy you’d rather Slot than a CL winning manager? That’s just copium, look at Ten Hag and Utd, the Eredivisie should be avoided like the fucking plague but we haven’t learnt from Utds mistakes on that.

Hopefully this is just a decoy. Otherwise it’s very uninspiring.

You got a point but LFC is different. I mean I can see someone like Tuchel at United but at LFC no chance، he will not have a good connection with the fans. I don't trust Edwards and his buddies but this Dutch guy character and personality seems a great fit to the club which is very important. Will he succeed or not with us and handle this big job very well we don't know so you can't really write him off.
Barca are fucked. We should be all over them in the summer.
https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1783154560963326200

Call me a cynic here but I have a real dislike of shopping players from Spain’s big two. They’ll never let their best players go (unless there’s a clause like Neymar) and players that leave them never tend to have the same hunger, if anything they leave with a touch of arrogance. Look at the kip of some of the players United have paid big fees and wages for from Madrid only to receive middling production and zero leadership.

I like how we sign players, I like looking for players who are mentally up for it, I like players who want to come here and earn the top end salary, that want to fight to maximise their potential, unless you’re nabbing a developing player (again, they never sell the good ones) I’m not really that interested.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by redbyrdz on Today at 05:56:01 pm »
Realistically he would either get sold this summer or have a contract signed surely? There is no way we can afford him walking out on a free.

We got him for free from the academy, so it's not like we need to make money back.

I wouldn't expect any of our players to sign new contracts until the new manager is confirmed and had a chance to speak with them.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 05:54:33 pm »

Heroes And Hooligans - Down By Law

My Heroes Have always Been Cowboys - Willie Nelson
Manchester United to fight Premier League’s proposed changes to PSR rules

‘Anchoring’ would tie wages to bottom club’s TV revenue
United said to prefer model of higher investment across league

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/24/manchester-united-to-fight-premier-leagues-proposed-changes-to-psr-rules
Probably more to do with the fact he's supported Feyernoord for 25 years and has probably watched Slot's team more than every single member of this forum combined multiple times over.

So yeah, a nice view from someone with some actual insight and knowledge rather than wet pants and gashed teeth.

Yeah, but who cares what Liverpool staff (who have assessed and interviewed Slot) think or Feyenoord fans (who have actually watched his football and understand the context of his achievements) think?

Giving any credence to positive opinions about Slot and his potential is just "blind faith" apparently.
Ten Haag presser today:

"No, I absolutely can't understand the reaction [from the media]. You asked the question: 'Was it embarrassing?' No, the reaction from you was embarrassing. We were clearly very lucky in the end with the penalties, but we made it to the final and that is a huge achievement. Twice in two years is magnificent. For me as a manager, four cup finals in four years"

Dead man walking.

"“I would say it’s over-over-performing with all the problems we have had,” he said. “Getting into the final is already a big achievement, but we are here for trophies. We have an opportunity to win a trophy and that is good. But we are not satisfied by being in the final, we want to win it and that is what we will go for and it’s our mentality.

“That is why we are successful. That’s why I am ­successful over 10 years as a manager, I always bring out the maximum of each squad."

Hope he doesn't get sacked. Suits that club perfectly.
General Football and Sport / Re: NBA Discussion
« Last post by DiggerJohn on Today at 05:49:55 pm »
Henry was a majestic footballer.

I will never forgive him for the handball against Ireland in world cup playoff cheating bastard
The Boozer / Re: *Post a pic of your latest purchase*
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 05:49:15 pm »
This for RAWKsters that step out of line?

It'll see a lot of use ;D

Proper mid-life crisis stuff there Rob  ;D

While you were bickering in the transfer forum, I studied the blade

Wanted one for years and I'm toying with taking up Kendo again, so will see some use
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10