Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Shoots straight from the hip then.

;D Yep, very Dutch!
Possibly not mate. Id much rather they vent in here than Anfield.

I've always said I'd rather it was kept out of the ground, but not to the extent of destroying this site.
Shoots straight from the hip then.
Don't want to derail your otherwise good post but Guardiola had the benefit of 12 months off between leaving the Barca job and taking the Bayern job. Think Jurgen would've been fine to carry on for another couple of years had he had a similar break.

Agree, think it was Jurgen’s plan to take 12 months off as well but he couldn’t resist us.
General Football and Sport / Re: Darts thread
« Last post by BobPaisley3 on Today at 07:51:20 pm »
What's going on then?...oh crap there's premier league,stream time.
Got a load of boos off the crowd so decided to goad them with a 2-0 sign.
@FabrizioRomano
Arne Slot: “I’d like to become new Liverpool manager, my decisions is clear”.

“Feyenoord and Liverpool are in talks to negotiate, I’m waiting to see what will come out of it”.
 “I am confident, waiting for the clubs to reach an agreement”, told ESPN.

Yeah this is done. No way a manager comes out with comments like this unless it's a greenlight.
Great piece as always from Adam Bate. Definitely worth a read.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/13122627/arne-slot-to-liverpool-from-fc-zwolle-to-cambuur-az-alkmaar-to-feyenoord-the-making-of-liverpools-next-manager

New insight on his time at Cambuur. Took them from 14th to 3rd. They were in the second tier and knocked out Ajax and Utrecht in the Dutch Cup. Lost to AZ in the semi final.

A growing trend of him overachieving everywhere he goes. The season AZ were joint top with Ajax before Covid voided the season, they beat Ajax home and away.

There is potential for him to be success in Europe going by his history in big games.

Watching highlights of recent encounters with Ajax and PSV. They are on the front foot and take the game on. Not as passive as Sporting were in the recent double header with Benfica. They did come out on top but I found the style of play unconvincing.

Think Edwards has his head on screwed right in picking Slot over Amorim. The analysis was clearly thorough regarding style of play, personality, history of overperformance and whatever else. Amorim's time at Braga wasn't long enough to study and analyse which could have been held against him.

On the whole, they are both similar on the surface with how they have taken the 3rd team in a similar ranked league to success. Slot's style of play was likely the gamechanger. More compatible for the PL. Far from the typical Dutch coach and more akin to a German schooled coach when it comes to his principles.
@FabrizioRomano
Arne Slot: “I’d like to become new Liverpool manager, my decisions is clear”.

“Feyenoord and Liverpool are in talks to negotiate, I’m waiting to see what will come out of it”.
 “I am confident, waiting for the clubs to reach an agreement”, told ESPN.

Sounds like he’d be interested in the job.
It’s why Jurgen is burnt out and Pep isn’t - miles on the clock.
Don't want to derail your otherwise good post but Guardiola had the benefit of 12 months off between leaving the Barca job and taking the Bayern job. Think Jurgen would've been fine to carry on for another couple of years had he had a similar break.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10