Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’  (Read 34801 times)

Offline BJ

• IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’
« Reply #640 on: February 4, 2021, 05:05:18 pm »
That's a strange take. Ged was great for this club but the football was often extremely cautious. I remember we went to Barca and got a 0-0 draw and literally barely got passed the half way line.

I can't recall Klopp playing for a draw in any game in 5 years.
Cautiousness in a cup competition, one mistake and you’re out = understandable.  An ongoing tactic employed in a league, not so much.

This has got away from my original point which was more an observation.  I’m getting bored of watching what seems like the same game over and over against negative anti-footballing sides.  I’d expect their fans to admire the sneaky win, surprised some of ours think it deserves a reward.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #641 on: February 4, 2021, 05:05:39 pm »
Maybe his brilliant assist from that side was on Klopp’s mind.
Yeah I think he was just trying something different. It didn't seem to work, but that's what sometimes happens when you try something different or mix it up.

Really we're dancing the same dance again: fans smugly saying things like 'Klopp needs to try something different, needs to freshen it up. He needs to be brave because the ordinary approach is not working'... and then when he does try sometting different, they are ready with both barrels aimed at him, ready to slam him for doing what they were asking for.

It didn't work; it won't be used again. But at least he tried something different.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #642 on: February 4, 2021, 05:06:34 pm »
Whatever Ox's latest injury was, I think knee again (?), its absolutely killed him off. Not sure what the solution is as its similar to Lallana and Sturridge. He's on big money here and its hard to see anyone taking a risk on him, and if he's here he'll need games to get to any sort of decent level. And by all accounts he's a good guy to have around. We can speculate all we want about selling him but in reality we're not just going to get a £30 million offer in the summer to take the problem away.
Think it's like Ings with the Ox - he needs a decent 2 to 3 month run of fitness now to get fully up to speed and we simply cannot afford him that time.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #643 on: February 4, 2021, 05:10:59 pm »
It's a bizarre take that's for sure.

Almost as bad as the bellends from a few weeks back, laughing at those with honest concerns and calling them bedwetters, whilst the house was burning down around them. I'll never understand how a football fan can just brush of a defeat.
It's not about brushing off a defeat, it's about having some dignity in how you conduct yourself after defeat. It's about taking triumph and disaster and treating both those imposters just the same.

Everyone is unhappy with a defeat; but people display it in different ways, and frankly some ways deserve to be classified as bedwetting because they are. No-one is forced to act like a mewling infant. There are more, I don't know, stoic ways, of reacting. And yes I know that football is emotional and catharsis is a big part of being a fan, and I agree with that; but there are ways and there are ways...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: February 4, 2021, 05:13:21 pm »
Sorry mods I didn’t know where to post this please feel free to move.

Dear Rawk Colleagues
It’s my son Jake’s 17 bday today and we are massive reds. He’s currently undergoing chemotherapy and tackling Cancer and stuck in hospital- if anybody has a little time to wish him happy birthday that would be fab. I have posted via Twitter the link below if you could reply https://twitter.com/danwalker1973/status/1357339885795905538?s=21

Many thanks Dan

Best of luck with the treatment, I'm not on twitter but have let a few red mates know who are.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #645 on: February 4, 2021, 05:18:10 pm »
Second division ? Fucking hell, that's the second reference I've seen to the old Second Division in this topic, after Cormack Snr mentioned it earlier.

Those were the days indeed. Out of interest did you ever see Jack Witham play for us? I have a strange curiosity for knowing who on this forum might actually have seen him play in a red shirt. It's a select few ! Probably a question that'll be raised in 50 years time about those who actually witnessed Naby Keita playing for us.
No I didn’t.  I actually didn’t even recognise the name  ;D

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #646 on: February 4, 2021, 05:23:34 pm »
Yeah I think he was just trying something different. It didn't seem to work, but that's what sometimes happens when you try something different or mix it up.

Really we're dancing the same dance again: fans smugly saying things like 'Klopp needs to try something different, needs to freshen it up. He needs to be brave because the ordinary approach is not working'... and then when he does try sometting different, they are ready with both barrels aimed at him, ready to slam him for doing what they were asking for.

It didn't work; it won't be used again. But at least he tried something different.
I agree.  He must be frustrated as hell atm, nothing’s working. I admire him for taking the blame as well.  Some of the players need to be stepping up.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #647 on: February 4, 2021, 05:26:18 pm »
we miss Hendersons relentless workrate, fight and intensity in the centre of the park, we are too easy to play against in there at the minute

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #648 on: February 4, 2021, 05:37:12 pm »

Dear Rawk Colleagues
It’s my son Jake’s 17 bday today and we are massive reds. He’s currently undergoing chemotherapy and tackling Cancer and stuck in hospital- if anybody has a little time to wish him happy birthday that would be fab. I have posted via Twitter the link below if you could reply https://twitter.com/danwalker1973/status/1357339885795905538?s=21

Many thanks Dan

Not on twitter I'm afraid mate but from a long time Red please do pass on my most fervent and heartfelt best wishes to your son for his birthday and for a full recovery.

:)

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #649 on: February 4, 2021, 05:56:51 pm »

Dear Rawk Colleagues

Many thanks Dan
Not on Twitter but wish your boy all the very best for today and for his ongoing treatment.  Certainly puts things into perspective. 

Happy Birthday Jake.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: February 4, 2021, 06:22:19 pm »
Top stuff Timbo old fella, good to read your stuff as always

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #651 on: February 4, 2021, 06:34:55 pm »
It is simply beyond me as a supporter to comprehend how anyone who knows the merest thing about this game of ours can expect the repeatedly makeshift sides we've been forced to field all season to perform with any consistency to the level we all crave and have been privileged to witness over the previous three high octane seasons.

It is simply not possible.

The fact we are still somehow so reasonably well placed in both Premier League and Champions league in the face of the unparalleled adversity is a credit to Klopp and his staff and the players we have been able to field. Indeed, a real bonus at this moment which we should not be taking as much for granted as some of our followers seem to be.

I have followed this club since the days of the Boys pen in the late '50's and I can assure everyone on this board that this is not simply the worst injury crisis the club has ever experienced, it is two or three times worse than anything I recall and has wrought havoc with the team in a way I've never seen before.

How Jurgen has still managed to keep the show moreorless on the road I'm buggered if I know. I recall Shanks in the late '60's bemoaning bitterly that an early season injury to Alec Lindsey which forced Shanks to play Gordon Milne at left back was the difference between Liverpool winning the league and finishing behind the eventual champions.

One fucking long term injury!!! One!!!

God knows what the next four months holds in store - and who would put it past this team to still surprise us all - but for goodness sake let's all remember the stark reality of this season. That we have been well and truly fucked left, right and centre and that Klopp and the team need us to as supporters to stand firm and show our support in the only manner we currently can - which is on these godforsaken message boards.

And just as a reminder to everyone who might think I'm merely making excuses I'm re-posting Keyop's brilliant analysis from just a week or so ago of exactly where we've been fucked right, left and centre. And bear in mind that since he wrote it we've gone on to lose three more world class players in Sadio, Fabinho and Allison - hopefully for a short term.

Eat your fucking heart out Shanks, my all time hero. You really think you were unlucky back then!! You really didn't know you were born.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=346846.0
What a brilliant post. Hats off to you.

I’m of a similar age to you it seems and have exactly the same take as you’ve just posted.  I’ve said before there’s a generational difference in how the football in general and Liverpool in particular is perceived.  Over generalisation here but the younger generation are more prone to knee jerk reactions and the older ones are more philosophical. 

I’ve just watched Maych tv on YouTube where he names what the current problem with the team is, The Crappening.  Briefly explained as a temporary drop in form due to numerous factors, it isn’t terminal.  Other examples he gives are Barcelona post Neymar and Utd post Fergie.  Worth a watch just for an injection of positivity.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wV_4t5jTrCE
« Last Edit: February 4, 2021, 06:53:32 pm by BJ »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #652 on: February 4, 2021, 06:43:30 pm »
Cautiousness in a cup competition, one mistake and you’re out = understandable.  An ongoing tactic employed in a league, not so much.

This has got away from my original point which was more an observation.  I’m getting bored of watching what seems like the same game over and over against negative anti-footballing sides.  I’d expect their fans to admire the sneaky win, surprised some of ours think it deserves a reward.

I remember us going to Middlesbrough under Ged top of the league and played the most cautious/dour game imaginable and ended up losing 1-0 to a late goal. We didn't win again for two months after that.

Klopp is hardly too cautious. Yes, the performances and results against these fucking bottom half teams are simply not good enough this season but it's not about being cautious or defensive. It's the impact of all the injuries (and empty stadiums) which has thrown off our natural game. These teams who park the bus at home against us, wouldn't be doing it for 90 minutes with a full house. It becomes a training game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 4, 2021, 06:48:47 pm »
Whatever Ox's latest injury was, I think knee again (?), its absolutely killed him off. Not sure what the solution is as its similar to Lallana and Sturridge. He's on big money here and its hard to see anyone taking a risk on him, and if he's here he'll need games to get to any sort of decent level. And by all accounts he's a good guy to have around. We can speculate all we want about selling him but in reality we're not just going to get a £30 million offer in the summer to take the problem away.

He was still struggling before the injury. Klopp tried to keep playing him to get fitness and rhythm but he was lacking confidence. Then he's out for another 4 months going into the season and comes back from that with no pre-season behind him, no real fitness. It's just not happening for him.

I think we're looking at another Ings situation where we might get a loan to buy from a Southampton if he makes x appearances.

What works in his favour is he's a homegrown player and we've let Sturridge, Lallana, Clyne, Ings go over the last year or two and Milner's 35. We've got a full quota of non-homegrown players.

While it was nice of the club to give him a lucrative new deal while was out injured for over a year with a terrible injury (and had a long history of injuries before that) it wasn't prudent business wise.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2021, 06:52:13 pm by Fromola »

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #654 on: February 4, 2021, 07:03:48 pm »

I remember us going to Middlesbrough under Ged top of the league and played the most cautious/dour game imaginable and ended up losing 1-0 to a late goal. We didn't win again for two months after that.

Klopp is hardly too cautious. Yes, the performances and results against these fucking bottom half teams are simply not good enough this season but it's not about being cautious or defensive. It's the impact of all the injuries (and empty stadiums) which has thrown off our natural game. These teams who park the bus at home against us, wouldn't be doing it for 90 minutes with a full house. It becomes a training game.
He switched the way we played and it wasn’t the best football we’ve ever played but did we park 10 lads in front of the goal for 90 minutes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: February 4, 2021, 07:23:44 pm »
He switched the way we played and it wasn’t the best football we’ve ever played but did we park 10 lads in front of the goal for 90 minutes.

Yes the hell we did, numerous times.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: February 4, 2021, 07:27:01 pm »

Sorry mate, I read your original post I quoted wrong. I thought you were comparing it to how we're playing at the moment rather than the opposition.

As I say these teams are getting away with it because there's no crowds so it's like a training exercise. Teams can put 10 men behind the ball and if they lose they lose, there isn't x thousand fans who've paid 40 quid and traveled up to watch it.

I think it's also easier for teams to just sit back and let us have the ball when they know they can get joy on the break when they do get forward (Brighton/Burnley) or just stay in the game knowing they can blag a goal from the one set piece they'll get (WBA).

It's just the fact that teams know they can get results against us now with a methodical approach. The fear factor we built up has gone. Teams are beaten already when they face City and always seem to be 1-0 down after 5 minutes. They face us it's men behind the ball, bodies on the line, block everything, clear everything and we have no answer to it if we don't score from the odd chance we create.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2021, 07:34:11 pm by Fromola »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: February 4, 2021, 07:37:12 pm »

How many minutes has he played since coming back and how many minutes have the side played?

The standards on here have reached a peak at which its IMPOSSIBLE to have any bedding in time. Few players come back from months long injuries playing great. Ox has had so much expectation on here as we're struggling for drive from midifield as a result of the defensive injruies. Everyone who gets even 20 minutes is being expected to either score or assist in any appearance and drag us to a result. It's not reality, especially being a side in a slump, lacking movement and creativity, lacking confidence in the defence if possessions surrendered, lacking the usual support and numerous options to pass to.

Expecting contribution is fine but fucking hell, soon as someones back from an injury or brought in from the cold, regardless of minutes they get dragged through the shit on here if they dont score or set one up.

It now seems to be on here, if you're struggling or have a bad patch, pack your bags, we start discussing how much we can sell you for.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2021, 07:38:45 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #658 on: February 4, 2021, 08:11:29 pm »
When he gets a run he gets injured.

He’s got a high ceiling. He was fantastic leading up to his bad knee injury. He’s not really been fit since. Now he is I think he’s worth trying to nurse back into form.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: February 4, 2021, 08:15:54 pm »
He’s got a high ceiling. He was fantastic leading up to his bad knee injury. He’s not really been fit since. Now he is I think he’s worth trying to nurse back into form.

He was good but he wasn’t that good, I think his form at that time was a bit exaggerated. Plus that was over two full seasons ago. For me he has to be at the top of the sales list. He costs a fair bit, doesn’t contribute much, has 2 years left on his contract and is injured a lot.

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #660 on: February 4, 2021, 08:15:59 pm »
Sorry mate, I read your original post I quoted wrong. I thought you were comparing it to how we're playing at the moment rather than the opposition.

As I say these teams are getting away with it because there's no crowds so it's like a training exercise. Teams can put 10 men behind the ball and if they lose they lose, there isn't x thousand fans who've paid 40 quid and traveled up to watch it.

I think it's also easier for teams to just sit back and let us have the ball when they know they can get joy on the break when they do get forward (Brighton/Burnley) or just stay in the game knowing they can blag a goal from the one set piece they'll get (WBA).

It's just the fact that teams know they can get results against us now with a methodical approach. The fear factor we built up has gone. Teams are beaten already when they face City and always seem to be 1-0 down after 5 minutes. They face us it's men behind the ball, bodies on the line, block everything, clear everything and we have no answer to it if we don't score from the odd chance we create.
Thanks for that.  I’ve had a few angry responses on here today (not from you). I’m not interested in going over our previous manager’s tactics in order to pardon the negative football we’re facing today.  We’ll come good again, the sooner the better.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 4, 2021, 10:33:04 pm »
Hopefully with us! I think we should endeavour to keep a reliable backup GK on our books, especially with Ali's attendance record possibly being the worst of all PL #1s the last couple of seasons - Caomhin must know he's going to get more experience here than any other top side, and he'd be unlikely to get a move to a top 6 club without starting at a lower level first. Best for all parties that he stays, in my completely objective and unbiased opinion.

Hopefully! But if he could be a regular starter at a PL club, I'd expect him to leave. Plus, he'll probably want to start for ROI, and he won't do that consistently if he's our no. 2.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: February 4, 2021, 10:40:11 pm »
When I read this earlier I initially thought it was a wind up, the type of comment that makes my piss boil.
The likes of this & all the other shite spewed in the #20 thread shows the part of our support that is fucking embarrassing.
The type that fucked off at half time in Istanbul or those that didn't make it there turned the tv off at half time.
Some posters here recently have surprised me, I expected a bit more from..seem like the gloryhunting entitled brigade has infected them too.
Arsed?
Really?
Fucks sake lad.

Huh? You mean to tell me you're enjoying this season with everything that's going on? It's nothing to do with "gloryhunting." These players won us no. 19; I'm not willing to shoot them and the manager into the sun after a season riddled with injuries, no crowds, and no money.

I tempered my expectations for this season long ago. I suggest you do the same, lad.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #663 on: February 4, 2021, 11:21:40 pm »

snip

What a post. Important perspective provided, just what was needed.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 4, 2021, 11:25:14 pm »
It's not about brushing off a defeat, it's about having some dignity in how you conduct yourself after defeat. It's about taking triumph and disaster and treating both those imposters just the same.

Everyone is unhappy with a defeat; but people display it in different ways, and frankly some ways deserve to be classified as bedwetting because they are. No-one is forced to act like a mewling infant. There are more, I don't know, stoic ways, of reacting. And yes I know that football is emotional and catharsis is a big part of being a fan, and I agree with that; but there are ways and there are ways...

Well said.

Offline drirfan

• Main Stander
  • From doubters to believers
« Reply #665 on: February 4, 2021, 11:29:15 pm »
This graphic sums it up for me, shows who was available against Brighton

Liverpool's record transfer fees:

Van Dijk £77m ❌
Alisson £56m ❌
Keita £54m ❌
Jota £45m ❌
Fabinho £44m ❌
Salah £39m ✅
Mane £35m ❌

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #666 on: February 5, 2021, 12:30:56 am »

Dear Rawk Colleagues

Many thanks Dan
Say Sorry to no man mate... we do understand,   We all wish you & your family the best  :wave  (tweeted to Jake too)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: February 5, 2021, 04:35:36 am »
You don't remember Jack Witham's brief flirtation with being a goal scoring replacement for Hunt all of 50 years ago? Scored half a dozen in a shirt period then disappeared.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Whitham

At the end of that says he's a well-known singer/songwriter on the Yorkshire acoustic scene.
So, a quick look on YouTube and I presume this is him:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R5iDt_mX2DM

And for completeness, a hat-trick against Derby County.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aWZpHziLrCg&t=182s

So that's a name I never thought I'd look up  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #669 on: February 5, 2021, 10:11:32 am »
Huh? You mean to tell me you're enjoying this season with everything that's going on? It's nothing to do with "gloryhunting." These players won us no. 19; I'm not willing to shoot them and the manager into the sun after a season riddled with injuries, no crowds, and no money.

I tempered my expectations for this season long ago. I suggest you do the same, lad.

This isn't about me, it's about you posting shite like that after a defeat at home to Brighton.
If you can't be arsed in the bad times then don't be fucking arsed in the good.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: February 5, 2021, 10:50:35 am »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Whitham

And for completeness, a hat-trick against Derby County.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aWZpHziLrCg&t=182s

So that's a name I never thought I'd look up  :)

Aggressive front-foot defending.  Pressing hard in midfield. Quick passes drilled into the forwards. Moving the ball quickly. One-touch play.  Getting to the by-line and pulling it back.

Klopp should make the lads watch this on repeat.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #671 on: February 5, 2021, 11:55:07 am »

Dear Rawk Colleagues

Many thanks Dan

Thank you to everyone who replied - this is sincerely appreciated. It’s truly nice to know your never walk alone - Jake’s says a massive hello 👍👏 Up the Reds

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: February 5, 2021, 01:01:14 pm »
This graphic sums it up for me, shows who was available against Brighton

Liverpool's record transfer fees:

Van Dijk £77m ❌
Alisson £56m ❌
Keita £54m ❌
Jota £45m ❌
Fabinho £44m ❌
Salah £39m ✅
Mane £35m ❌

Really puts it in perspective, we've been decimated with injures all season
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: February 5, 2021, 01:07:33 pm »

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: February 5, 2021, 01:08:51 pm »
Thank you to everyone who replied - this is sincerely appreciated. It’s truly nice to know your never walk alone - Jake’s says a massive hello 👍👏 Up the Reds

Just came on to this thread now and saw your posts. The best of luck to you and your kid mate. Up the supporters of the Reds !!

Offline diehard

• Main Stander
« Reply #675 on: February 5, 2021, 01:12:12 pm »
We really miss a Coutinho type of player. The one who can dribble past people and shoot from outside the box. Keita was supposed to be that player but it is what it is. I hope Ox can get some game time and really show his potential because currently we are lacking ideas

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #676 on: February 5, 2021, 01:35:37 pm »
Can I ask for a bit of technical help?  How do you ‘snip’ a long quoted post?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: February 5, 2021, 01:36:31 pm »
We really miss a Coutinho type of player. The one who can dribble past people and shoot from outside the box. Keita was supposed to be that player but it is what it is. I hope Ox can get some game time and really show his potential because currently we are lacking ideas

Is it 2018 again?

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: February 5, 2021, 01:40:10 pm »
Can I ask for a bit of technical help? For example, I could just delete the text before this sentence. How do you ‘snip’ a long quoted post?

Click the quote button and delete anything inbetween the two [/quotes ] that you want to remove.  Just highlight unwanted text and hit the DEL key.

Any additional comments you want to make can be made after the second [/quote ]
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #679 on: February 5, 2021, 01:57:50 pm »
Click the quote button and delete anything inbetween the two [/quotes ] that you want to remove.  Just highlight unwanted text and hit the DEL key.

Any additional comments you want to make can be made after the second [/quote ]
Thanks for that.  I think I may need additional help though because while I can do that on a laptop, I use an iPad and don’t know how to highlight text other than ‘select all’ which doesn’t do the same thing.